Hizzyb's Purple Dream Defoliation For High Yield - Rx Green

HizzyB

HizzyB here.
I've watched the veteran growers here defoliate for higher yields and the arguments that come with it, seen great things and have seen problems. I know all of the valid points and am willing to discuss them. Hoping the arguing isn't a default setting for this topic.
I am stripping off the majority of fan/water leaves in an attempt to get lots more light to the bud sights. I top very heavily and a big side effect in a bad way for us is two fold, too many leaves shading to many bud sights/branches, the other is air circulation, I want the colas to have a "lil elbow room" if that makes sense. If I had only one terminal branch or xmas shaped plant maybe I wouldn't be trying this but with as many tops/branches I am blooming it needs more illumination/penetration and as much fresh circulation as possible.
image4256.jpeg

That was a pic of station #6 last night (11/27/2015) and 7 days after being stripped. Seems like it slowed it down for about 48 hours, third day I saw alot of new leaves.

I am actually running this GDP Purple Dream in Hydroton in the mega farm this time instead of all rockwool mini cubes. Last round netted 15.1 ounces (jarred and dried), another change is using the 24/7 constant drip that General Hydroponic recommends in their Mega Farm instructions.

The Rx Green Solutions 2 part 10 mls per gallon (bulk strength) of water brings it in real close to 900 and a teaspoon of "Raise" brings the acidity level in at 5.5-5.8 on average. I will let it swing a bit a day or so before I change out its 10 gallon reservoir and have seen it help keep the plants happy as can be.

I didn't plan on this journal heading in this direction and didn't get the pics I wanted but we will have more soon and the next total strip will be shown

Hey Hizzy, Glad to see another journal. I'll tag along. I have had great results by defoliation. I could post 2 pics a couple days apart of my current Amnesia Lemon to show just how effective it was with your permission of course. ;) Can't wait to see your next PD

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom