How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

If you heavy water early it will slow root development. Its more of a problem if you soak the coco heavy and leave it to dry for few days. Its better to water little and often to keep replacing the O2 in the rootzone.

I personally only water light early on. I give enough so pots are light to lift 24hours later but not completely dry. Its possible to multi feed from the beginning though.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok thanks man. I'll carry on as usual then. That's more or less what common sense was telling me- but I keep reading people saying otherwise, so thought it was worth checking.

It's my impression that small plants in coco can be overwatered just as easily as in soil/soilless. False impression? If not- what size do you start soaking them down at? I've got a bunch in one gallon pots- they feel heavy as hell when soaked. In watering terms I've been babying my little ones as I normally would in peat moss but haven't taken the time to test the differences with coco yet. I've heard people say it 'can't be overwatered'- which I don't particularly believe. Thanks

Cluts the man to answer in more depth but a root established plant in coco is very hard to over water. I once syphoned 45L over 3/5 days tough my plants and they loved it. An accident I most say haha

My thought is coco has to be moist or salts build up and damage the roots.

Please correct me if am wrong guys. Still learning myself :)

RM's 1st Grow - Coco, Unknown Seeds, 600w HPS

RMs 2nd Grow - Coco, 4 Strains, 600w HPS

No I think you're totally right. And I have grown in coco a little and run plants on multiple waterings/day. I'm strictly speaking of the early stages when it takes some babying in the watering dept.

You dont want it to dry out completely or it will def start to cause probs. There are different ways to do it really. But i say if on a system like drippers or flood and drain i would multi feed. If manual hand balling id feed enough so that 24 hours later the pots were light to lift but not completly dry.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Cluts the man to answer in more depth but a root established plant in coco is very hard to over water. I once syphoned 45L over 3/5 days tough my plants and they loved it. An accident I most say haha

My thought is coco has to be moist or salts build up and damage the roots.

Please correct me if am wrong guys. Still learning myself :)

RM's 1st Grow - Coco, Unknown Seeds, 600w HPS

RMs 2nd Grow - Coco, 4 Strains, 600w HPS

I have been advised and have read that you should treat coco as hydro. Water with nutes every day, just not full strength. Personally start minimal and build up dudes! Check out Harley Smith he is the Nutrient Man you can find him on YouTube. Guy's a genius

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Where can I purchase coco? In Ontario?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Amazon or one of your local nurseries

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Can I grew autos in coco?

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Cult, nice thread. Glad to see your still going strong.

I've been growing in coco for a few years now after soil and hydro and what I like best is the control I have. If I really muck something up I can flush and start over and usually have the problem corrected in a few hours with noticeable results from the plant without having to maintain a res.
I like the Great White as well. Good product. I've been using mycorrhizae for about 25 years to speed up root system development and reduce transplant shock when moving and transplanting large mature trees. There is science behind why it works. The benificial fungus develops a symbiotic relationship with the roots to speed root hair growth which is responsible for the plants uptake of water and nutrients creating a stronger, healthier plant and faster recovery times from shock or mechanical injury.

Great white is the bomb!
I'm using so many additives that I can't say for sure, which one is making a difference. Which probably means i'm wasting $$ on nutes and additives. But Cultivator says that if he had to give up additives, Great white would be the last to go. And that's good enough for me !!

Back
Top Bottom