How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Your testimony WJ is exactly why the crew at 420, my wife and I do this! To see a person change their life around not only physically but mentally to is nothing short of awesome. You have had quite a few issues brother and to see your attitude change along with your aliments start to disappear is what makes us warm and fuzzy inside. Your on your way WJ! I bet your wife is ecstatic as well :high-five: When you told me seeing your grandkids and doing things with me was the most important thing in your life, well, I was your huckleberry brother. Thank you so much for your compliments WJ, can't wait for the wife to read this after work, you made our day WJ! Thank you!

ps. I feel the same way about 420 :circle-of-love:
420 Motoco

The only problem with the oil is quantity. I am nearly out and my harvest is 2 weeks away. I thank you Motoco for all your help and support. I have been so very busy moving my girls I just haven't had a real chance to give you all the thanks you deserve. Cajuncelt, you directed me to this thread and started me on this journey.
fightsmallcell, you helped me get out of the funk and just have a positive attitude that I would get this done and it would help me with the seizures.
Motoco, I am just happy to have read your thread and the different emails from you helping me get to here. I know that I am just one of many you have taken under your wing and I felt that you were helping me and no one else. Four years of seizures was miserable for my family and me. No medications worked and all of them had really bad side effects, as any epileptic would say. There are absolutely no negative side effects with the oil. Motoco, you are a special person to me and I sincerely hope the best for you and yours.

I love you all and feel like we have been friends forever. I am not very personable since my strokes, but being here on 420 has not only helped my physical health, but more importantly, it has helped my mental health the most. I even went to a wedding and partied with 200 people. A seriously difficult thing to do with my 40 year old PTSD. Being in a crowd is the one thing I would never have done had I not restarted my communication-ability (is that a word?) here on 420. I have been in seclusion for four years and have not visited with anyone other than family. "Talking" on 420 has changed my life in more ways than I could say. In that respect, the oil is secondary.

Thanks to all!
WJ

I do decarb and wait for the bubbles to stop. Great idea about the grapeseed oil. I will go get some today just in case it happens again and also have something nearby to cut some of the tips back. I want to be able to measure the amount that we take and it is hard to do when the oil is just in a small container which is where I have had to put most of it so far. This is the last rso that I can make for 6 months so I can't mess up again.

Remember the idea I posted about using the Cheese Press to drain butter or oil?
It worked like a charm! What a save for my hands and wrists, and I don't think there was a drop of butter left in the remains. LOL No squeezing and getting the hands all full of the butter either.

Here's what I did:

I used a large fine mesh strainer and rubber banded a piece of stretchy lingerie fabric into it. This stuff is very tight weave, but stretches.
Then I put the cannabutter mix from the Magic Butter machine into that and placed a small coffee cup saucer over it. Then a couple of things to press that down and voila! I was able to go on to do other things while it was dripping. Now because this was butter, to get every last drop of goodness I poured hot water onto the mash and let it drain two more times. We'll see how much I lost in the butter total when it is firmed up in the fridge so I can weigh it out. There is no reason this wouldn't work for the oil too.

straining_3.jpg

Straining_1.jpg

straining_2.jpg

I never have any issues with saliva dominant, it is only the Indica that is thicker due to heavy trich's. No more than one drop of grape seed per gram as you can always add but not subtract. Put in in the cup before decarbing as it sterilizes the grape seed oil also. Best of luck tomorrow!

Thank you everyone for your help. I tried the syringe on olive oil and I don't have any trouble drawing up the oil. I guess my rso is just too thick. I will be ready if I have problems again tomorrow with grapeseed oil, and somethting to cut a little of the end off of the syringe and a cuticle pusher. I will let you know how it goes.

Hey Cannafan, I used a muslin bag to squeeze the Spirytus soaked buds free of liquid. I never have made butter and can't afford a machine to make it. Is there a way to infuse the cannabinoids into butter for cooking? Sorry for a goober newbie question. Sorry to hijack the thread for that question too.

WJ

Hey Cannafan, I used a muslin bag to squeeze the Spirytus soaked buds free of liquid. I never have made butter and can't afford a machine to make it. Is there a way to infuse the cannabinoids into butter for cooking? Sorry for a goober newbie question. Sorry to hijack the thread for that question too.

WJ

Oh absolutely! It's called cannabutter. You don't have to have an expensive machine, you can use a crock pot or a stove top pan. I used a crockpot with great success before getting the Magic Butter Machine.
Cannabutter recipes are really easy. I'll look around my edibles thread tomorrow for the crock pot method I used, or you can just search online for crock pot cannabutter or the pan method. It uses only cannabis, water and butter.
I'll fly it to you in a PM tomorrow.

The reason I am using the cheese press it because I have very weak wrists and the squeezing really gets uncomfortable for me, besides I don't like to waste any of the butter on my hands or surgical gloves.

:circle-of-love:

I will be doing some reading tonight. Thanks so much. I want to try a brownie again. Last time I had one was going to Star Wars back when it first came out. Good memories.
I will be juicing after harvest from now on. I will also try to grow a male so I can juice it for my wife. She could use the CBDs in male plants for her arthritis and IBS.
Dang pee tests.

WJ

I sent you a PM wildjim.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and feeling great!

:circle-of-love:

Hi Motoco. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a good show to see. I have only seen him once on TV and he is very funny. Thanks for all the compliments. But it could be better. Those baby steps are hard to take. I have to pick each small battle carefully and then take it slow and let it sink in. The damage from the brain radiation doesn't help either. There are still a few things I need to change and his smoking weed instead of vaping is one of them. He tried vaping after his brain surgery cuz his head could not handle the coughing. He complained the whole time that it just did not taste right. He loves all the different tastes that comes with smoking. Is he right that you do not get the same taste with vaping??

Tell Mo hello and hope everything is good in your neck of the woods.
Peace
Hi fsc,

Wow, seems like yesterday we started pulling your hubby off the couch. As touted he will only get better. When your husband smokes does he vaporize? If not he should as it is so much easier on the lungs. As the oil regimen keeps going his emphysema will keep improving also. Darn baby steps :)

You have been quite an inspiration for women who gets things done. Mo and I are very proud of you and your can-do attitude. BTW for my birthday Mo hooked me up with a comedy show, yea, Larry the Cable Guy, lolol. It was just what the Doc ordered. It was GREAT :)

Here is to winning the war :) :bravo:

Wiljim, I feel the same way about 420. It and Motoco are changing our lives as well through knowledge and cannabis oil. I am so happy for you and your wife that your seizures are under control and your PTSD is one it's way out the door also. Thank you for all the wonderful compliments. I'm sorry you will be running out. I wish we all had enough to not run out. As far as my seedy weed, I remember always having seeds back in the 70's also. I just thought I was going to all seeds and that it would ruin my THC content. So I started flushing right away and harvested early since I had more plants ready for the 12/12 cycle ready to go. They have gotten too tall and I had to super crop some of them.

What is this about male plants having CBD?? And do they have no THC at all??

I keep your family in my thoughts and I love you back dear friend. :)

Hi Lindylynn, I think we all feel the same about wanting to hear any story where cannabis oil is used. No matter what the medical issue is big or small. Good luck with your oil and let us know how it all goes.

Everyone has such large problems and mine are nothing in comparison. This is such a helpful thread. I have been making the oil but I can't draw the rso up into the syringe. I only can draw up about 1 ml and that is all. I start with the plunger on the bottom of the syringe and then try to suck up the rso. Am I doing something wrong? I hate wasting oil but I am. I am making more on Friday and I want to do it right so I can fill up my syringes.

Cannafan, Thanks for the update on your test spots on the skin. I can see a difference. They are shrinking. Very interesting. I will be treating a spot on hubby but not for a while unless it gets out of control before my 2nd harvest.

Wiljim,

What is this about male plants having CBD?? And do they have no THC at all? :)

She's back! super cropping, fiming, decarbing and a lab coat on :) Hi fsc, lol.

Yea, the male plants are worth something, haha, 3-5% CBD off the leaves (web knowledge, no personal experience) with little to no THC.

Good to cya back around fsc, please give Mo and I warmest regards to your hubby and to you.

Peace

Hi fsc,

Thank you for the belated birthday wish. Hard to believe the last few years I feel younger, lolol. You deserve the compliments. Dang radiation, the list seems to keep growing from the damage it caused. Hubby must of lost his taste buds, vaping the flower is the 'cream of the crop' for taste. He is just use to the 'burn' in the back of the throat from smoking a joint or from a bong/pipe. Amazing how we get in our habits in life. I think back when you told me 'radiation saved my husband, but his quality of life sucks' (something like that) it is a miracle he is alive. His smell must be gone also. This should all improve, just takes time to heal from the severe damage. Over time the oil will change his mindset also. So, now your turn. You have had a tough job from the start fsc, your tenacity and your strength is amazing but I also know caretaking a loved one pushes things to their limits. Just make sure you take care of yourself as well. People don't grasp the stress taking care of someone. Keep fighting the fight, glad your back in action.

:Namaste:

Hi Motoco. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a good show to see. I have only seen him once on TV and he is very funny. Thanks for all the compliments. But it could be better. Those baby steps are hard to take. I have to pick each small battle carefully and then take it slow and let it sink in. The damage from the brain radiation doesn't help either. There are still a few things I need to change and his smoking weed instead of vaping is one of them. He tried vaping after his brain surgery cuz his head could not handle the coughing. He complained the whole time that it just did not taste right. He loves all the different tastes that comes with smoking. Is he right that you do not get the same taste with vaping??

Tell Mo hello and hope everything is good in your neck of the woods.
Peace

Cannafan, Thanks for the update on your test spots on the skin. I can see a difference. They are shrinking. Very interesting. I will be treating a spot on hubby but not for a while unless it gets out of control before my 2nd harvest.

Hi fsc,
great to see you back! I really do think this oil is helping the spots. It's hard to tell from pictures, but I can see a difference in the thickness/height of them and the overall look of them.
We will be treating my Mom's extreme Keratosis. (I believe that's what it is) This test will be the tell all, because these areas of her arms get worse with time.
Here's one we will start on this weekend, (kind of gross looking, but it is what it is)

Keratosis.jpg

I will be sure to post an update in a couple to three weeks. My spots were treated for a couple of weeks with only subtle changes, so I want to give it plenty of time to work. She will be instructed to change the bandages every 3 days.
Waterproof bandages work really well for this, so she can still shower and such without them falling off.
Fair warning.....remove any hair where that bandage is going, cuz they REALLY stick. LOL

Wow Cannafan your mom's arm sores look like diabetic sores. It takes time but watch the change. Great post!

Hi fsc,
great to see you back! I really do think this oil is helping the spots. It's hard to tell from pictures, but I can see a difference in the thickness/height of them and the overall look of them.
We will be treating my Mom's extreme Keratosis. (I believe that's what it is) This test will be the tell all, because these areas of her arms get worse with time.
Here's one we will start on this weekend, (kind of gross looking, but it is what it is)

Keratosis.jpg

I will be sure to post an update in a couple to three weeks. My spots were treated for a couple of weeks with only subtle changes, so I want to give it plenty of time to work. She will be instructed to change the bandages every 3 days.
Waterproof bandages work really well for this, so she can still shower and such without them falling off.
Fair warning.....remove any hair where that bandage is going, cuz they REALLY stick. LOL

Great success today!!! I couldn't make the rso yesterday because I found a hole in the liner of my rice cooker that I bought at Salvation Army. I can't imagine anyone donating anything like that. Glad I noticed it before I had all of my oil in it. All went well when taking up the oil in the syringes. It was a little thinner today and I wonder if I took it up too early because I was so afraid that it would thicken up too much if I waited much longer. Had tiny bubbles almost like a foam. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Great success today!!! I couldn't make the rso yesterday because I found a hole in the liner of my rice cooker that I bought at Salvation Army. I can't imagine anyone donating anything like that. Glad I noticed it before I had all of my oil in it. All went well when taking up the oil in the syringes. It was a little thinner today and I wonder if I took it up too early because I was so afraid that it would thicken up too much if I waited much longer. Had tiny bubbles almost like a foam. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

:cheer::cheer:

:high-five: The tiny bubbles mean it was almost a complete decarb, you will be fine. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom