How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

re: Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial - Tacking Method

Really great info!
Well put, this needs to be out there!
I have a friend who wrecked up badly on Cycle. 4 fused Vertebra, broken collar bone & whole left side a black & blue mess.
I delivered some "Special" Rice krispy's. he reports a HUGE improvement in Pain reduction & uplifted outlook. he presses the Narcotic button much less.
the results are real.
Yea for all of you putting the knowledge out there. I have learned so much on this site.
thanks,
Slag

Really great info!
Well put, this needs to be out there!
I have a friend who wrecked up badly on Cycle. 4 fused Vertebra, broken collar bone & whole left side a black & blue mess.
I delivered some "Special" Rice krispy's. he reports a HUGE improvement in Pain reduction & uplifted outlook. he presses the Narcotic button much less.
the results are real.
Yea for all of you putting the knowledge out there. I have learned so much on this site.
thanks,
Slag

Wow, I know a guy like that too. I wonder if we both know the same dude? Hmmmm

Anyway, you should check out the how to thread on the oil too. There is a lot of great information being shared there:

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

:Namaste:

Someone is also suppose to give me some auto seeds that he has stashed. I don't know if he knows the name. If I get those to pop I want to try to make seeds from them. I know there is a way to do that. I saw the thread on here somewhere.

If you are interested in producing your own feminized seeds I use Silver Thiosulfate to feminize pollen and create feminized seeds. I have the process documented in my KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal and in my KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review I will also create feminized seeds and document the process.

Okay, questions for the growers on this thread. I am going to be concentrating on making nighttime oil next grow. I also have some plants currently coming into maturity that I would like to get nighttime oil from.

Do you growers that make oil wait for a specific color or percentage of color on the trichomes when choosing harvest time? If so, can you tell me what the percentage of clear to cloudy to amber that you personally look for?

I know that the longer the plant is left to flower, the more the THC breaks down. I'm looking for more of an answer on when the best time is to harvest for nighttime oil.

Thanks so much if you can help with that!

:circle-of-love:

Good morning everyone. Cannafan though I haven't done it, my understanding is that you take it to at least 20 to 30% amber. More of the couch lock area and it needs to be a good indica. My night time is an all indica hybrid that was chopped at all cloudy with a few amber and it lets me sleep almost all the way through the night without waking. I have one of those Fit bracelets that tracks your activity and sleep and it shows on the nights I use it, which is almost all the time, that I may wake up once or twice. It's only for a minute or so but when I don't use it I wake up 4 to 6 times. for a minute or so. Plus I sleep at least an hour and half longer. I hope this helps a little

Okay, questions for the growers on this thread. I am going to be concentrating on making nighttime oil next grow. I also have some plants currently coming into maturity that I would like to get nighttime oil from.

Do you growers that make oil wait for a specific color or percentage of color on the trichomes when choosing harvest time? If so, can you tell me what the percentage of clear to cloudy to amber that you personally look for?

I know that the longer the plant is left to flower, the more the THC breaks down. I'm looking for more of an answer on when the best time is to harvest for nighttime oil.

I think I follow about the same guideline as Bill. I shoot for about 20-25% amber. Almost all the other heads will be cloudy by this point. The only clear heads will be new ones. With your Indica, you're already working with a strong 'couch lock' type of strain, but as you already said, the longer you let them go, the more 'couch lock' you will get.

I do have a jeweler's loupe now, but I'm not sure it's really changed when I harvest. In the 90's we used the color of the hairs. We judged via the ratio of maturing orange hairs to the new white hairs. Obviously the trichomes were maturing too, we just never looked at them. Fast forward to today, and I still go by my "gut feeling" more than anything. One of the things that comes with experience is knowing when to harvest. If you're only growing a couple plants, I recommend a multi-phase harvest, ie take the mature tops then let the popcorn 'ripen' up a bit more.

The last thing I want to say is... knowing that when you harvest can affect the effects of the medicine is useful, but here is mostly how I use this knowledge. If I have an Indica dominant strain and I want more of a 'daytime high', I'll chop earlier. The opposite for Sativa. Since they tend to be a 'head high', I will let them run long to get more 'couch lock' out of them. Basically, to balance them out a bit, I'll chop Indicas a little early and Sativas a little late. This can be tough since, in general, Indicas tend to flower shorter anyway, and Sativas take foreverrrrrrr. :blalol:

Good morning everyone. Cannafan though I haven't done it, my understanding is that you take it to at least 20 to 30% amber. More of the couch lock area and it needs to be a good indica. My night time is an all indica hybrid that was chopped at all cloudy with a few amber and it lets me sleep almost all the way through the night without waking. I have one of those Fit bracelets that tracks your activity and sleep and it shows on the nights I use it, which is almost all the time, that I may wake up once or twice. It's only for a minute or so but when I don't use it I wake up 4 to 6 times. for a minute or so. Plus I sleep at least an hour and half longer. I hope this helps a little

That's a great idea Bill! :thumb:
It never occurred to me that one of those fitness bracelets could be used to track sleep patterns. Great idea! thanks. I wonder if I can find those used. I definitely don't need all the latest fancy features. :) I sleep very poorly most of the time, so this could be useful information in the same way you're using it, ie if I eat a "special" cupcake before bed, will I sleep all the way through.

I get so many good ideas here. I love :420:

Hi Canna,

I only use Indica for one thing mainly and that is sleep. I grow my Indica full term. No concern for THC which as degrades create CBD and CBN and full couch lock. Master Kush is an excellent Indica. I grow mine at 50% amber trichs then do a 10 day flush before the harvest. You will love it grown this way.

@ beemerbill; our brain gets trained on our sleeping habits. Grow yours more full term and you will sleep better and better as your brain gets retrained. Love the idea of the monitor your using! Best regards to the Wife and you Brother!

Hi Hiker,

Curious Brother, do your use the concentrated oil via the 'tack' method? Reason I ask if using during the daytime Indica dominant is like wearing a couch on your back during the day. Not so bad if its a true 50/50 strain, body relaxed but clear headed. Also using an heavier Indica dominant during the day can cause depression tied down to the couch :). Thanks in advanced.

I think I follow about the same guideline as Bill. I shoot for about 20-25% amber. Almost all the other heads will be cloudy by this point. The only clear heads will be new ones. With your Indica, you're already working with a strong 'couch lock' type of strain, but as you already said, the longer you let them go, the more 'couch lock' you will get.

I do have a jeweler's loupe now, but I'm not sure it's really changed when I harvest. In the 90's we used the color of the hairs. We judged via the ratio of maturing orange hairs to the new white hairs. Obviously the trichomes were maturing too, we just never looked at them. Fast forward to today, and I still go by my "gut feeling" more than anything. One of the things that comes with experience is knowing when to harvest. If you're only growing a couple plants, I recommend a multi-phase harvest, ie take the mature tops then let the popcorn 'ripen' up a bit more.

The last thing I want to say is... knowing that when you harvest can affect the effects of the medicine is useful, but here is mostly how I use this knowledge. If I have an Indica dominant strain and I want more of a 'daytime high', I'll chop earlier. The opposite for Sativa. Since they tend to be a 'head high', I will let them run long to get more 'couch lock' out of them. Basically, to balance them out a bit, I'll chop Indicas a little early and Sativas a little late. This can be tough since, in general, Indicas tend to flower shorter anyway, and Sativas take foreverrrrrrr. :blalol:

That's a great idea Bill! :thumb:
It never occurred to me that one of those fitness bracelets could be used to track sleep patterns. Great idea! thanks. I wonder if I can find those used. I definitely don't need all the latest fancy features. :) I sleep very poorly most of the time, so this could be useful information in the same way you're using it, ie if I eat a "special" cupcake before bed, will I sleep all the way through.

I get so many good ideas here. I love :420:

Yes sir. For meds, lots more amber than your used to.
Indica during the day rarely works consistently or well. I agree w/ Motoco 100%...watch the depression from indica during the day.

(I'm almost over the stomach flu)

Hello King John, Is it the same process with auto plants?? I will be looking into these. So will blog this post for later. Thanks.
If you are interested in producing your own feminized seeds I use Silver Thiosulfate to feminize pollen and create feminized seeds. I have the process documented in my KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal and in my KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review I will also create feminized seeds and document the process.

With auto flower cannabis plants you would have to start with a known female cannabis plant to begin spraying with Silver Thiosulfate to produce Feminized pollen and create Feminized cannabis seeds.

Uh, I'm lost. Didn't I post to Denise A. about the oil here?!
Whoo, freaky.

Non, mon ami :)

You posted it here - Cancer Cured With Cannabis Oil

Denise A.,
I'm pm'g as well.
First, NO SUGAR. Cancer feeds on it & excretes lactic acid. This will keep her down. Use Stevia, Xylitol or organic tree sugar to sweeten.

More importantly, read the links Budnoob sent you. Understand the dosing method until you repeat it in your sleep.

Gain the knowledge as quick as possible (I'm sure you are, great job).

Your dispensary is not ripping you off, but are innocently I'm sure giving you a bandaid, not a cure.
Your mom needs the highest THC they have. CBD & other cannabinoids will help with inflammation, tumor debulking, ect., she needs THC to revert or kill the cancer.

I'm sending some links to get you started. Knowledge of cannabinoids helps, but focus on THC & CBD in curing cancer for now.

Where did the RSO come from again?

If possible, grow/make your own if there's a way. (We'll all help).

Hi Hiker,

Curious Brother, do your use the concentrated oil via the 'tack' method? Reason I ask if using during the daytime Indica dominant is like wearing a couch on your back during the day. Not so bad if its a true 50/50 strain, body relaxed but clear headed. Also using an heavier Indica dominant during the day can cause depression tied down to the couch :). Thanks in advanced.

I'm following the thread because we will be making some soon though. I'm too cheap to waste all that expensive alcohol (I can't even buy in WA) so we're budgeting for some equipment to recover the alcohol. Based on my math, the equipment will pay for itself within 2 or 3 batches :blalol:

I'm not sure which of my strains are higher CBD vs THC yet. Someday I will get them all lab tested. I've heard Bubba Kush has a higher CBD:THC ratio, so I'll use that as the CBD strain. That's my most indica strain as well. My other strains are hybrids, but probably lean towards indica (just my preference I guess). The highs are different though, so maybe I will be able to find a good 'day' and 'night' strain to work with. My AK48 and TGA's ApolloxVortex are both very 'up' high meaning it motivates me to get stuff done, so am assuming these would make good daytime oil. The Blueberry and Bubba Kush don't have that affect. The Critical is somewhere in between. I will of course share our experiences once we start making the oil.

Hiker, I feel the knowledge of your strains & applying that to medicinal uses is critical. All weed is not alike & can even be opposite.
Your ability to control the medicine's healing properties with that knowledge is a priority.
When you decide what you want the meds to do & make you feel, it's a matter of what jar to empty.
Remember to, indica does not always equal CBD. Good CBD strains are getting easier to find.
We can probably all help w/ strain selections.

I didn't realize how important this was until I couldn't stay awake/motivated at work (indica) & was the Tasmanian devil late at night with thoughts spinning & energy (sativa).

Spot on cajuncelt; strain selection is a priority and when healing using cannabis oil you learn this rather quickly.

Pick a favorite daytime (sativa dominant) harvest at peak THC. Pick a high CBD strain (most are 75% Sativa dominant) take full term (12 week flower). Indica; landrace strain or as close as possible grown full term. OG's are not my favorite for making oil as they tend to be on the Indica dominant side. If you use them for daytime and its not quite the 'up' you want during the day not much you can do to change that. With these three strains you can blend anyway you want to feel exactly how you want to while healing your aliments. AK-47 makes a decent daytime oil. A final note; when growing your strains consistently your meds are consistent, and when your meds are consistent your 'head' is consistent and it makes for a much faster heal. Always make sure your high THC strain is a race horse. Reason being when you grown your high CBD strain to full term (max CBD) its not as uppity so you need as much up to blend it correctly for daytime. To much up? Then add a tad of Indica to tone it down. Find your 'select' blends and your off and running. A lot of folks can save a boatload finding the strains that work for them.

Sorry about the re-post Hiker, you explained to me before brother, apologies for asking again. I just wanted to point out as cajuncelt also mentioned, growing to make the concentrate is different from growing for recreational. Just wanted to make sure you won't be scanning channels at night till the wee morning hours or head slamming during the day :) so when your ready you have a good idea what to use. With your grow knowledge making your meds will be a breeze.

Hiker, I feel the knowledge of your strains & applying that to medicinal uses is critical. All weed is not alike & can even be opposite.
Your ability to control the medicine's healing properties with that knowledge is a priority.
When you decide what you want the meds to do & make you feel, it's a matter of what jar to empty.
Remember to, indica does not always equal CBD. Good CBD strains are getting easier to find.
We can probably all help w/ strain selections.

I didn't realize how important this was until I couldn't stay awake/motivated at work (indica) & was the Tasmanian devil late at night with thoughts spinning & energy (sativa).

Oh man, the channel scanning at 4am. No thanks. You find out real quick why it's called Green Cr%&k. Lol. The canna-cardiac arrests were just outright embarrassing though. 1st time I dabbed a lil over a year ago, I convinced myself I didn't have cancer. I was convinced (because of the ringing in my ears) that I had a brain tumor. That one was an eye opener what a genuine sativa can do.
Good times.

Back
Top Bottom