ICE Strain Grown in FFOF Soil with CFL Lights

Hey Scarfy. Great style you have with them cups

I wouldn't wait for amber trichomes, I think they only appear from clear trichs on pure sativas.

Indicas go cloudy when they are ready, not amber.

When you see brown trichs on Indica hybrids it is the thc degrading

Plusreps :) for the grow.

I am in awe :xmas:

Thanks Ricorico,

I have heard that before about sativas going amber and indicas not going amber. Hmm... If indicas don't go amber then how do you know when to harvest?... :hmmmm: Experience and pistol color most likely. These are all hybrids and not true landraces so I think I should get some ambers... :hmmmm:

You got me thinking. :nomo:

+reps sir. The dense buds are a thing to behold. I did 48hrs dark and noticed more ambers on my bagseed grow. But they may have been there in 2 days anyway.:rofl: Good looking ladies sir.
:bravo:

Thanks Spimp. Did you do 2 days without water? Maybe they don't use much in the dark. I am not sure about it but I am going to try a dark period before harvest this grow.

I watered(ph+molasess) 1 day before the dark period. Then just put them into carboard boxes and left em alone. They were dry but not wilty at all. Its funny cause they looke so good I almost convinced myself to let em go a few more days. :rofl:

I watered(ph+molasess) 1 day before the dark period. Then just put them into carboard boxes and left em alone. They were dry but not wilty at all. Its funny cause they looke so good I almost convinced myself to let em go a few more days. :rofl:

Thanks Spimp

Decided to quick dry a lower bud.

Steam dry microwave method: 1 minute at power level 40%

I did this 4x with about 30 sec rest in-between

You need a microwavable bowl. I used a chinese carryout container *microwave safe :) 1 towel dry, folded and placed on the bottom. 2 towels wet and then wrung out placed on top. Clicked the lid on at 3 corners and left one corner unsecured. I make sure the towel isn't hanging down on the bud.

Fresh ICE bud @52 days flower
P10004223.JPG

Trimmed (trimmed weight was 2.06 grams)
P10004263.JPG

Container
P10004273.JPG

P10004282.JPG

Dried bud was .54 grams (about 75% loss of weight)
P10004333.JPG

Dried bud close ups
P10004392.JPG

P1000441.JPG

Wife already smoked some Snow White, so she wants to wait and smoke it later.

Will report back with results

Man that sure looks tasty :drool:

Damn that looks nice. Im so glad you included the dried tric pic cause as Im reading and looking I thought I want ot see what it dd to the trics! :bravo: Very nice method sir. Im impressed. :)

p.s. althougth the microwavable bowel could be painful... ;)

Damn that looks nice. Im so glad you included the dried tric pic cause as Im reading and looking I thought I want ot see what it dd to the trics! :bravo: Very nice method sir. Im impressed. :)

p.s. althougth the microwavable bowel could be painful... ;)

I almost fell out of my chair :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::rofl::rofl::adore:

Bowel changed to bowl.

I did some house cleaning in the Veg room. Decided to repot my ICE to 1 gallon pots. Also decided to trim the roots on my Northern Lights mother plant. The Northern Lights plant has been looking a little ill so I finally got around to doing this.

*Warning: This is my first attempt at root trimming a mother plant.

Her home is a 2 liter container
P10004432.JPG

Trimmed all sides and the bottom
P10004462.JPG

Replanted with some new FF soil
P10004532.JPG

Hopefully she doesn't die. That would make my wife very sad. I think the 'ol girl will pull through :)

lookin good bro :thumb:

I gasped at those photos of the root trim :yikes:I feel you can keep her going and keep the Boss happy. Taking care of mothers is hard for me. Im just trying to plan my grows when to start seeds and take clones to keep the perpetual going with my plant limits in my little space. I will be loseing a bagstrain of mine the last 2 plants are in flower now.I couldnt root a clone from it.I went through at least 3 moms of it in a year with successful cloneing like 75% success at least then zero.It would be nice getting just a few single seeds off either plant in flower. Keep up the good growing

I gasped at those photos of the root trim :yikes:I feel you can keep her going and keep the Boss happy. Taking care of mothers is hard for me. Im just trying to plan my grows when to start seeds and take clones to keep the perpetual going with my plant limits in my little space. I will be loseing a bagstrain of mine the last 2 plants are in flower now.I couldnt root a clone from it.I went through at least 3 moms of it in a year with successful cloneing like 75% success at least then zero.It would be nice getting just a few single seeds off either plant in flower. Keep up the good growing

Sorry to hear that :rip: That would suck. But now you get to try something new? hopefully.

Last time my mother plant started showing signs of being root bound and just having general poor health, I took a clone and this is that clone. This time I wanted to try trimming the roots.

My back up plan, if I end up with a catastrophic failure, is to grow out some Aurora Indica plants. I have 10 feminized seeds and they have Northern Lights in the blood line. My wife's favorite of Snow White, Bubblelicious, Northern Lights is... Northern Lights.

Just looking back... My NL is 2.5 years old, the ICE is 2 years old (was in the refrigerator for 1.5 years *dang*) and the snow white is 2 years old. Doesn't seem like it's been that long.

I have some Auroa Indica and Narkush in the fridge, only been a couple months. My wife wants something more heavy hitter body stone for pain.

Rambled on too long, got to go...

Top of the buds & Good Weedesday

I got two seeds today that are suppose to be some Purp Kush , not quite set up in the new place to grow yet, but soon then we'll see. hopefully they will be then I'll be ready for Purpsday :wood:

I got two seeds today that are suppose to be some Purp Kush , not quite set up in the new place to grow yet, but soon then we'll see. hopefully they will be then I'll be ready for Purpsday :wood:

Nice. Some kind of purple in on my to do list :)

Back
Top Bottom