Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartpots

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG, Kali Kandi, Socaldam OG, XJ-13, organic, soil, smartpots

Day 9 Veg!!! So far so good!! The ladies are doing extremely well today!! My 2 runts are coming along nicely now, showing lots of new growths and much better leaf coloration today!! I decided to take them out of there humidity dome's and give them a taste of full HID lighting and some breeze from my circulation fan above. I also decided to LST them today, mainly to promote lower growth and stress them a little, now that they have seemed to have rooted well enough to survive. I also wanted to get those auxin's flowing to the lower nodes and really promote additional tops!!

As for my others, the Holy Grails are doing great!! tons of new tops forming already...at least about 4 per plant so far...in week 2!!!

My XJ-13 is also kicking some major booty, growing another 1" overnight! Pulled her LST a lil tighter today to bring her main stem lower, prob will have to do a 2nd tie by the end of the week the way shes taking off!!

My Kali Kandy is already stinking quite nicely, I gave her a lil stem rub to see what she smells like and whoa....chocolate smell for sure mixed with an og funk!!! this ones going to be great!!!

At the rate that the soil is drying, I don't believe I will have to water for a good 4-5 days right now..but will keep a close eye, to get used to these smart pots and how fast they dry in comparison to the plastics from last grow. Next watering will be most likely another light feeding since the soil is so fortified with guano's and good things. Will mostly be adding 1/4 strength nutrients, with full strenght carbo's and chelating agents!

Other than that, temps have been running around 77 degrees with MH on and around 80 degrees with both lights fired up....my tent fan is set on low right now....

I also have included in the photo's below a few shots of my DIY stealth attempts...Even though my grow is Legal and I am doing everything by the book, I still wanted to keep the privacy and not have neighbor's knowing what is going on, so I made a DIY fan muffler...and a DIY air/oder controll box.

Basicly for the DIY fan muffler I used an old rubbermaid, folded a piece of soundproofing from my studio like a taco, and rested the fan in the middle... I stuffed this inside the rubbermaid, cut a hole on each side for the flexable ducting and attached it inline! I did cut down the fan noise quite a bit!! also made it a lil less noticable...

The DIY air/odor controll box really was just a way for me to vent my exhaust air out of my window thru my window box fan, but to add additional carbon filtration as well as some fresh scents... I would have taken a photo when assembling it but forgot and had sealed it up by the time I was done with it... What I did was take a larger rubbermaid container, bought some "make your own" active carbon filter, and used some drier sheets. I took the "cut to size/make your own" active carbon filter and folded in half and inserted it diagonally into the rubbermaid container.. It fit perfectly!! Next I sealed the bottom of the filter to the rubbermaid with duct tape. I cut 2 holes in the long side of the rubbermaid, this is for my 2 air outputs from my tent...one from my fan/carbon filter line, the other from my lights/carbon filter line. I cut another hole on the short side of the rubbermaid for my air output... Finally before inserting the flexible ducting into the holes, I duct taped the top on to make a good seal, as well as duct taped the carbon filter to the top (thru the holes i cut) to make sure the air was to pass thru the filter before exiting. Also before putting the flexible tubing in, I stuffed a bunch of drier sheets in there to give the air a fresh smell as it exited my system... I put in all flexible tubing from my tent, as well as connected the exit hose and everything went well!!! It also helped quiet the airflow coming out of the tubes from the fans....we will see how good it works come flowering!!!

On to the photos!!

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG, Kali Kandi, Socaldam OG, XJ-13, organic, soil, smartpots

Here are the photo's for Day 9 of my grow....

Tent overview
DSC025942.JPG

DSC025952.JPG

DSC026021.JPG

DSC02603.JPG

Kali Kandi
DSC025961.JPG

XJ-13
DSC025971.JPG

Holy Grail OG's
DSC025982.JPG
DSC025993.JPG

My Runts...lol The OG101/Socaldam OG's
DSC026002.JPG
DSC02601.JPG

My DIY Fan Muffler
DSC02604.JPG

My DIY Exhaust Air cleaner/odor remover
DSC026051.JPG
DSC026062.JPG

Also an additional note: after reading up on much used and talked about Superthrive, I decided I am no longer going to use it... I tried to find what exact ingredient's were in Superthrive and it seem's an unknown. What I did find was superthrive uses a synthetic hormone called 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid which after scoping out the MSDS sheet for it, made up my decision to stop using it. Now Superthive say's that it only uses 0.048% of this hormone, but after reading the MSDS...no longer will I use it in my grows...

Some of the lovely things that 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid can do to you:

"copied from the MSDS sheet"
Potential Acute Health Effects:
Extremely hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, irritant, permeator), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation.
The amount of tissue damage depends on length of contact. Eye contact can result in corneal damage or blindness. Skin
contact can produce inflammation and blistering. Inhalation of dust will produce irritation to gastro-intestinal or respiratory
tract, characterized by burning, sneezing and coughing. Severe over-exposure can produce lung damage, choking,
unconsciousness or death. Inflammation of the eye is characterized by redness, watering, and itching. Skin inflammation is
characterized by itching, scaling, reddening, or, occasionally, blistering.
Potential Chronic Health Effects:
Extremely hazardous in case of skin contact (corrosive, irritant, permeator), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation.
CARCINOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. MUTAGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. TERATOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available.
DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: Not available. The substance is toxic to lungs, mucous membranes. Repeated or prolonged
exposure to the substance can produce target organs damage. Repeated exposure of the eyes to a low level of dust can
produce eye irritation. Repeated skin exposure can produce local skin destruction, or dermatitis.

Would you want that in your smoke??? I wouldn't!!!

OK you chemistry and botany pros....here's a question for you???

When doing a final flush for your plants....(not using a flushing agent).. wouldn't it be better to flush with a High PH water vs a Low PH water?

The reason I believe it make sense is that a Higher PH water >ph 7, there are more H+ ions, or positivly charged ion's in the water. Being that mineral's such a Nitrogen and Phosphate are all H- or negative charged ion's. (ALSO the ones we want to flush for taste and smoothness) Wouldn't using a High PH water help strip nutrients more effectively than using a Neutral or acidic water for flushing??

Just was reading, found this concept interesting and my mind started going!! :)

I would love to hear your opinions of this...

LOL....I just looked at my last few photo's....if you guy's were wondering what the white wierd material on my walls was, its soundproofing... I was glancing back at my photo's and thought I should probably explain it so yall didn't think i was growing in a loonie bin...lmao...

My recording/mixing rig also shares the same room as my ladies...

Hey Icemud - nice start! :cheer:

I'm curious - how does your DIY fan muffler work, (what's in there, etc.) and how effective is it?

Great use of duct tape and bins brother! :high-five:

Hey Icemud - nice start! :cheer:

I'm curious - how does your DIY fan muffler work, (what's in there, etc.) and how effective is it?

Great use of duct tape and bins brother! :high-five:

Hey Xlr..welcome to my 2nd round at growing...appreciate your presence!!

The DIY fan muffler box is honestly really simple...All I did was take a rubbermaid container, took some foam auralex soundproofing and folded it like a taco...inside the taco of soundproofing i put the fan including the 4" to 6" adapter on each side of it..(where the meat would be...lol) I then wrapped the sound proofing around the fan, rolling it inside the taco shell of sound proofing.. I cut a hole on each side of the rubbermaid container to fit the 6" flexible ducting to the 4" to 6" extension. As simple as that I cut down my noise by a good 5-10db, measured with a phone SPL meter..

Today is Day 10, can't believe that it has gone this fast already!! The ladies are really taking off and looking fantastic!! Even my Lil runts, my OG101's are really starting to show much new growth, even though slower than the others, they still are growing!!! My Holy Grail OG's are really growing many tops already and bushing out like crazy, he wasen't kidding when he said they would grow like a bubba, so far I am thinking an excellent choice for the middle of my later to install V-scrog screen!!! The XJ-13 is growing like a weed man!! lol, about 1" per day at least!! much more space between the nodes, which is common for sativa's I read, but woa, its a monster already!!
My kali kandi is really taking off... I am curious if it is going to grow more like an OG, tall and lanky, or more like a chocolope, more bushy, good for scrogging! I am hoping an even blend would be the best, but more towards the OG side since she is on the taller side of my V-scrog...

Well not much else to report. Checked the soil ph with my handy dandy el cheepo soil probe...actually used 2 to hope for similar results...all of my soil is sitting in around 6.8 which is perfect!! lets hope is stays there :) Also checked the moisture level, which is also a setting on my probe...I checked it vs..the pick up the pot method last grow and it seemed to be pretty accurate, and right now my soil is reading very moist...should be at least 3 days before they will need water again...most likely sunday or monday I will be starting my next earthjuice brew, so 24 to 48 hours later it will be ready!!

Thank you so much everyone for stopping on thru and showing your support and excitement with me!! this one I have a feeling will be impressive!!

also, if anyone can answer my question about water PH from above I would love to see what you have to say...

Here are the photo's for day 10 of Veg...

Enjoy

Full grow view

DSC02615.JPG

DSC026071.JPG

Kali Kandi (OG x Chocolope)
DSC026081.JPG

XJ-13 (G13 x Jack Herrer)
DSC02609.JPG

Holy Grail OG's
DSC026101.JPG

DSC02611.JPG

My Runts, The OG101's/Socaldam OG
DSC02612.JPG

DSC02613.JPG

I thought I would share some photo's of my nugs from my last grow...they all have cured for well over a month and taste sooo good!!

Chem band (Headband x Chemdawg)
DSC026191.JPG

DSC026201.JPG

DSC026222.JPG

DSC02624.JPG

Blue Dragon
DSC02626.JPG

DSC026291.JPG

University Hill's OG
DSC026331.JPG

Here's an interesting thought I figured I would share....

I was reading the other night, that you can keep a plant from flowering with only 12 hours of light, if you break up the 12 hour dark cycle with 10 seconds of red light..

So it would go like this..: light for 12 hours, dark for 6 hours, 10 seconds of red light, 6 hours of dark....

Has anyone ever tried this with mary J?

I am guessing that the veg results would'nt be nearly as great as with a full 18 hour of light, but what a way to save on electricity if this was true....

any thoughts??

Here's an interesting thought I figured I would share....

I was reading the other night, that you can keep a plant from flowering with only 12 hours of light, if you break up the 12 hour dark cycle with 10 seconds of red light..

So it would go like this..: light for 12 hours, dark for 6 hours, 10 seconds of red light, 6 hours of dark....

Has anyone ever tried this with mary J?

I am guessing that the veg results would'nt be nearly as great as with a full 18 hour of light, but what a way to save on electricity if this was true....

any thoughts??

Hey Icemud:peace:I would do pH 7.0.

Never heard of the red light thing..........I would go 12/12. That's my take. OMM :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those are some nice golden nuggets! I'll order 2 of each please.
May have to test it out on some veg plants to see if it really works. There are some conclusion;

a. It works (a little stretched)
b. Hermie in bloom
c. normal in bloom.

Saving electricity is always a plus. Wish I have more space to test a plant. Could save thousands in electricity per year if it works.

Nice mouth water dense nugs brother your ladies are looking great good to see the runt finally taking off for a second I thought you were going to have to can it Ice LST is looking great I now know why LST is so important thanks for you help on my grow bro

Day 12 of Veg!!

Well the ladies are looking really good today, except my back OG101 who has been put back in the ICU...lol (humidity dome) for some reason she is just not taking on new growth and seems to really just be stuck in limbo...so I decided to give her some high humidity, some plain water today and just wait!...lol

The rest of my ladies, including my other OG1o1 are doing great and really starting to respond to the LST. Many auxillary branches are shooting out and much new fan leaf growth...

One thing that has caught my eye is the fan leaves of the Holy Grail OG's have little white spots on them...I checked many of the fans both top and undersides with my 30x lupe and spotted no pests, no spidermites, no thrips, no anything>>> could this be a nutrient deficiency?? I gave the ladies a good spraying with my neem, tobacco, pepermint, habbenero pest deterent just in case and will closely monitor there progress to see if it improves..

Well the ladies are getting pretty dry and should be ready within 2-3 days for there next feeding. Mixed up 2.5 gallon's of distilled water with my Full earthjuice line (mixed to 1 gallon amount on recirculation table) Also I added 20ml of Europonic humic acid, 20ml of H2 humic acid, 10ml of BioRoot, 5mll of BioWeed(cold pressed seaweed), 2ml of AN Carboload, 10ml of Cal/Mag, and this mix is set to bubble for 48 hours...

Other than that not much to report today, just hoping this OG101 makes it thru its struggles!!!

Here are the photo's for day 12 of veg

Full Tent view
DSC02634.JPG

Kali Kandi
DSC026351.JPG

XJ-13
DSC02636.JPG

Holy Grail OG's
DSC02637.JPG

DSC026381.JPG

My OG101 put back in ICU

DSC026391.JPG

Other OG101 doing quite well now, lots of new growth
DSC026411.JPG

White spots on the leafs? Got some macro shots of it?
I like how you are using the neem to prevent pest from growing in size and population. Right now I'm dealing with Thrips. Spraying with neem every 3 days and inspecting the leafs daily and crush them on sight. Check under the leafs they could be hiding down there...What are those yellow strips you have laying out? I may need some of those for the thrips I see them taking test flights.

White spots on the leafs? Got some macro shots of it?
I like how you are using the neem to prevent pest from growing in size and population. Right now I'm dealing with Thrips. Spraying with neem every 3 days and inspecting the leafs daily and crush them on sight. Check under the leafs they could be hiding down there...What are those yellow strips you have laying out? I may need some of those for the thrips I see them taking test flights.

Yeah I don't know yet what is causing the lil white dots on the leafs...I looked at so many different fans on top and bottoms and nothing...no bugs, or anything..so I hope it is either genetic or nutrient related but somehow I have a feeling I am missing somthing... Yeah I wanted to at least get the neem/peppermint/hotsauce/nicotine on the plants because it worked so well against fungus gnts that I figured it can't hurt. The yellow strips are awesome...there yellow sticky cards/traps and all it is is a bright yellow cardboard coated with some kind of gel/honey stickly substance that attracts the pests to it, and then they get stuck... they worked great for fungus gnats because the fungus gnats are weak flyers and they seem to hang below the canopy in the shade.... I would definitly recommend them for preventive, but also for infestation tracking..

Back
Top Bottom