Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

Well done bro!:goodjob:
It sucks bout the thrips.. I think i had some?? Well they were these tiny little flying bugs that lived in the soil - they didnt eat my leaves as far as i could tell, i had one critter attack a leaf, but a light spray of water on top soil and it came to surface in a hurry! I squashed his ass, and since ive been ok, them bugs were still around about 3 weeks ago, until i put 2.5 inches of Hummus soil on top, to top up her pot as after watering it s settled a bit lower than originally.. And since that, i havent seen any?? Nuthin on my yellow sticky pads? So thats good.
I hope the rest of ur harvest is fine, mate you have done good.. Im not sure if its quite the amount you wanted, but still - YOULL HAVE SUM NICE SMOKO!! Ya should leave the plant thats had her middle up taken off and let her Trichs go amber then gut her, hang that upside down and leave it in your space for as long as you can.. I did this, half way thru smoking my last harvest, i went to my dry room and i only took about 4g off her.. Man, the smell i got once i touched it was awsum:) The small sugar leaves had enveloped around the calyxes and they looked mad, i got a real nice head and body stone off that.. I only had about 5% amber, my scope was crap bak then!
Anyways, you have gained some valuable info on your growing techniques now, and dont need as much reference from others. Its good once you recognise the things you may have done a little inept, but when you think, "Well, ive got this nice amount of nice smoke from this, with all i need now, my next will be far better!"
Take it easy buddy, and will chat again soon... SMOKEM..

Man, those are some dense buds Ice. You did an excellent job with this grow bro dont beat yourself up about the pm, it happens. I dont know about the rest of the ppl subed to ur thread, but I learned a lot from your thread, thank you. I look forward to the smoke report and your next grow. What ya growing next?

Any grow that provides good smoke is a good one. You did get some pretty bud so it wasn't all bad. I guess I have been lucky as I have never had so many different problems in one grow yet but they do up the learning curve a bit.

what a tiny pile of very crappy looking bud that mushy red/yellow spinach looking stuff is bud right? arnt there supposed to be sparkly things on the buds? called trickles or something? im thinking you should grow something else like cheeseburger trees or something , cuz damn are there supposed to be hair, dryer lint balls and chewing gum on them? anyway better luck next time, sorry your such a horrible grower!!! lol
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
just kidding!! damn bro those look absolutely awesome!!! i would not be to disappointed you got a stack of bud,and learned a ton, you were challenged seriously and still pulled it off with flying colors i think! cant wait to see the next icy adventure! im bringing my scrog back in soon as my babies are big enough to start the training, i may be trying my new t5 light and going for the super close highly managed dutchish scrog just to see how i fare with that it sure would be cool if it works well cuz heat and power consumption are much less with it, i saw some killer t5 scrog grows on u tube, with the same light im using,,
anyway awesome job this grow i'll be looking fwd to you finals and reports on this journal!!

Okay...BID had me laughing! But he's right, considering the problems along the way, you still harvested some nice looking buds so far!:goodjob:

The Silverback and Holy Grail look so lonely in their respective corners...

:ganjamon:

How the heck can the Blackberry do so well ? I mean you have some award winning nugs there! You would never know you had problems looking at those buds. I really enjoyed this grow, as I learned so much about PM and HI Brix. From a knowledge standpoint, this is one of the best journals I have ever followed. On the other side I know you were hoping for better and deserve better really.

I know you have said you can't wait to get it over with but I would be very proud of that Blackberry Kush. To hell with the rest of the plants.... they just couldn't keep up. You did your part.

Hey everyone!!! Sorry it's taken me a few days to get back to everyone, I have been super busy trying to land a job and today, I had some of the best news and opportunities I have ever had...

Just curious, but has anyone ever shaken the hand of a billionaire??? Today I not only met and shook the hand of one, but also interviewed and was hired by one for a job!!!!!! One of Forbes most wealthiest people!! I am past cloud 9!!! disbelief and still pinching myself!!! LOL

I think my moment in life has come to really step my future up into the next realm!!!! I am soooo freaking happy after 2 years of no jobs, scandalous companies, wasted interviews and lots of disappointment...today that all changed!!!!!!! I already feel like a new person again!!!

On another note, I am so appreciative of everyone who has commented and helped me to feel better about this grow... I am definitely pleased with the Blackberry Kush and I have already tried a sample and whoa..... DocBud said it all in his smoke report... Smoking High Brix marijuana is unlike any other's I have tried before... It is like inhaling a flavored steam, a very very smooth inhale, followed by intense flavor. Also as DocBud has mentioned, the high is unreal.... it is a true high, clear, energetic, free spirit type of feeling that really makes you want to engauge in conversation, feeling like today is the best day :) High brix weed rocks and I can't wait to get my next HBX grow going!!!!

Big Irish Dude....man you crack me up and I really appreciate your light spirit and for sharing some laughter with a brother in dissapointment :) lol Thank you so much for giving me a great laugh with your post!!! That's one of the reasons I chose you for Member of the Month because you really go out of your way to connect with other members here, and help them in more ways than just growing :) Very much appreciate it...

I'm sorry I can't comment to everyone tonight... got to get some sleep to be fresh for this new job... I feel great!!!

I also received my sample box from SNS today..... WHOA I was not expecting all 7 bottles and not only that, they sent the full size ones!!!! Since my last 2 plants are pretty much barely hanging by a string with the thrip infestation I decided to give the SNS soil drench/foliar spray a try to see how effective it is on a bad thrip infestation.... I swear these thrips not only kill plants virtually overnight, but there annoying as heck because you can feel them landing on your skin, but can't see them to swat them... I really hope to destroy them soon....

I also found another way to catch thrips outside your growing area..... I took a blacklight UV-B florecent (the party type bulb) and set it on my floor in my walk in closet which is always dark, but in the same area as my grow tent and drying box. I took a clear tupperware dish, filled it with water, a few drops of dish soap, and took a florecent yellow lighter and dunked it into the water....This released the ink into the water making a glowing yellow liquid in the tupperware... Now thips are very attracted to the color yellow so they are attracted to the water, take a swim and can't get out due to the soap... So far each time I check the water and re-fill it, there is a good 20 -40 thrips in there... :) seems to work ok :)

I basicly took the idea of the portible UV bugtraps, and made my own.. :) my next grow is going to have this set up hopefully near the tent or with a better DIY model and yellow sticky cards :)

Ill snap some photo's tomorrow and update with a more full post..got to catch some zzzzs to earn those $$$$$ :)

CONGRATS BROO!! thats so awesome! go make that paperrrr! if you have a chance I am looking for help with a possible deficiency and maybe advice in general :) haha come check out my journal if you have a moment ! thanks bro, congratulations again on the job! i know how much it sucks being out of work.

J Dubbs First Real Grow

Your tenacity in taking on something new and not giving up on it will bode you well in your new job. I am sure that trait helped you land the job.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world... Those that make things happen, those that watch what happens, and those that wonder WTF happened. You sir are in the first group.

Congrats!

absolutely fantastic news!!! go ice its your birthday!!! *starts dancing beavis style mixed with the carlton * ungh ungh o o ungh ungh!! o o o bap badda bap doh oh oh oh!! hella happy for you brother!!! im cheshire grinnin here!! dont forget your irish grobro when your at the top!! i dont wanna have to cry like i did when i was a little girl!!!!

nice inventive diy bug nuker!! im hoping my new girls give a semi high brix effect when done,sounds like what i need!!:thumb::goodjob::bravo::circle-of-love:

Hey everyone!! Thanks for the congrats on the job, so far I really like it and this company is awesome!! Plenty of room for growth and advancement and already the main people have all complimented my work ethic and taken notice :) its pretty cool to be the main vein for the company and pretty much responsible for the launch of our product!!! I even sold our product to the King of Saudi Arabia the other day, not directly but to his advisor :) pretty cool feeling to know that the product I was holding in my hand will be "fit for a king" (it was custom made for him).

Had to start off with the good news :) now on to the bad news.. My holy grail og didn't make it... the thrips tore it apart and one day it was green and still hanging in there, and the next...completely brown and dead, even the buds were brown and dried out... what a bummer.... oh well, better luck next time...

Also... The silverback OG is pretty much in the same boat, there is no green leaves left at all, there all brown. Also about half of the buds are also brown and dead and dry, so I cut off all the dead branches and about half of the buds are still green. So I figured either the thrips are going to destroy it, or it may come back now that I have been using the SNS thrip spray and soil drench... I guess its a good time to test the product on its effectiveness since the plant can't get any worse...lol.

I removed all of the pots from the tent except the Silverback OG because I am going to see what happens in the next few days... I swept up the floor of the tent and found the root of my thrip problem... Under my front Platinum bubba, between the smartpot and the bottom tray I had placed smaller trays upside down to raise the smartpots up a little, so water drains out instead of them sitting it the run off.... Well between that "platform" and the smartpot when I lifted it, there had to be about 1000 thrips all crawling around and pretty much I think I heard them laughing and partying with full bellies!!! bastards!!! lol I killed them all really quick with a good sweep of a paper towl. I also put all of my yellow sticky cards on top of my scrog screen to catch any thrips that may try to attack my Silverback OG and give it a fair fight :)

Well I hope that I get at least a little bit of the silverback OG to taste but its not looking so good. I have to say, my blackberry kush came out phenomenal and I have already tried a little bit of it..(still curing but dry enough to smoke)
Whoa9oaoaoao!!! it is soooo good. The High Brix growing made it exactly as DocBud had said, almost like a vapor more than a smoke...so smooth and almost feels like your not getting a hit...like a vaporizer pull.... nothing but flavor, sweetness and yummy is what you get from the pull...and slight expansion of the lungs, but exhale with no cough.... The high is also incredible, very full, but very clear..you feel almost talkitive and awake, aware and not cloudy or drousy in the least :) I am amazed and can't wait to get my next grow going...within the next 2 weeks I should be purchasing the new soil, some amendments I ran out of and getting ready to cook the soil.... I may go with a very similar soil mixture this time, but I still am going to try to do a little more research into different soil companies and the soil test results....which are not available anywhere it seems :( I saw a soil by Dr Earth which makes all natural growing products and I want to see more about it when I get a chance, also am going to check out that pro mix and see what I can find... I probably wont be able to go 100% high brix focus, but I have learned a great deal this grow and cant wait to apply it next time.. :)

Hey everyone, came up with a simple idea that attracts and kills thrips..check it out...

you need a blacklight bulb, florecent UV-b type...
A clear plastic container filled with water
A florecent yellow highlighter
a drop of dishsoap...

you take the marker, dip it a few times in the water to let the ink run out, then turn on the blacklight and wait... I put this near my freshly harvested buds so that the thrips that were still in them would go towards the light. You do not want the UV light on your direct buds thought because too much UV-b can destroy THC or at least so I have read, so you just want a little light to spill into the area to lead them out....So far it works pretty good :)

DSC05626.JPG

DSC05627.JPG

Today I got my awesome shipment from 420 Magazine and my prizes for winning the Nug of the Month and Member of the Month contests last month!!! I am so pleased and surprised in the same, I didn't expect to get a full box of rolling papers, I was just thinking a pack or 2 but got a whole box!!!! how awesome, and what a great marketing tool, I am going to hand some out to all my friends and let them try them :) Also the nug jars are awesome...and seem to be pretty durable as well :) I can't wait to fill mine up with my freshly curing blackberry in a week or 2 :)

DSC05628.JPG

DSC056291.JPG

DSC05630.JPG

DSC05631.JPG

Also the king sized cones are pretty bad ass, I've never really smoked cones before but this will be perfect for my platinum bubba and sour bubble that didn't turn out all that good, the strains get you really high but just don't taste all that good, so I am sure putting them in the cones will make the flavor taste better as well as be fun to smoke...

DSC05632.JPG

I also got 1 of the SNS prize packages, at first I thought it was for the free samples that I sent for, but then I realized it was my prize :)
I am happy to have there products on hand, and by reading the ingredients I am really impressed with what I see, can't wait to try them out next grow...hopefully no more PM issues or pest issues from now on...

DSC05622.JPG

DSC05623.JPG

DSC05624.JPG

DSC056252.JPG

And I got my BPN 2 part the other day as well... I am so stoked to have BPN nutrients on hand after seeing all of the grows that had great success with the product!!!! I can't wait to use them, Now I just have to figure out how I am going to associate them with my next grow being that I am focusing on high brix...or maybe I might do BPN half, and High Brix half :) hmmm endless possiblilities :) and such a great product!!!

DSC056341.JPG

DSC05633.JPG

absolutely fantastic news!!! go ice its your birthday!!! *starts dancing beavis style mixed with the carlton * ungh ungh o o ungh ungh!! o o o bap badda bap doh oh oh oh!! hella happy for you brother!!! im cheshire grinnin here!! dont forget your irish grobro when your at the top!! i dont wanna have to cry like i did when i was a little girl!!!!

nice inventive diy bug nuker!! im hoping my new girls give a semi high brix effect when done,sounds like what i need!!:thumb::goodjob::bravo::circle-of-love:

LMAO at carton mixed with beevis!!! LOL that is too funny of a visual!!!! da da dadada, dada dada dada dada, da da da!!!

Your tenacity in taking on something new and not giving up on it will bode you well in your new job. I am sure that trait helped you land the job.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world... Those that make things happen, those that watch what happens, and those that wonder WTF happened. You sir are in the first group.

Congrats!

Thank 70's grower!!!! I very much appreciate your kind words and your pretty on key with my personality... I'm definitely the type to put 420% into anything I care about, and always analyzing and looking for ways to improve, innovate or advance :) I just can't wait until I get my "forumla" down to a perfect process :)

Congrad...on your job and those freebies...i know that hit the spot..didn't know those prizes were like that...better watch those tubes...too bad about those thrips..i got praying mantis in my grow...won't they eat thrips ??? i hate to kill mantises...but if it comes to them or the plant..adios...stay focus..

Back
Top Bottom