Icemud's Organic SCROG! Grow 3.0

Hey everyone!!!!

I'm Back and ready to get started on my 3rd grow!!! With much research, trial and error and luck, both of my 1st and 2nd grows turned out very successful and so on grow #3 I will be using what knowledge I have gained and applying it to this grow.

The grow area...
Hydrohut 2x4 silver edition tent (2.5'x5'x7' actual size)
DIY V=shaped Scrog Screen
600w lumatek dial a watt with hydrofarm hood, and 600w Ushio Opti Red HPS
400w hydrofarm magnetic ballast, cool tube, and 3 bulbs (Ushio MH opti-blue, Phillips CMH, and Ushio opti-red HPS.
400cfm hydrofarm fan, hooked to carbon scrubber and controlled by a fan speed control dial.
4" exhaust fan, prob about 200cfm, hooked directly to carbon scrubber, both lighting vented hoods and out the tent...

DSC04257.JPG
DSC04253.JPG
DSC042541.JPG
DSC04255.JPG
DSC04256.JPG

The Growing medium...

I will be doing a soil medium, using some of the magnificent information that DocBud has shared with us for a high BRIX grow, as well as combining that with subcool's supersoil mix, and a personal norcal grower buddies formula...

I have yet to mix the soil and still figuring out ratio's, but will hopefully have this resolved today, as well as updating my journal...

Soil types and additives...

Fox Farm Ocean Forest
DSC04238.JPG

Happy Frog potting soil
DSC04240.JPG

Mexican Bat guano 10-1-1
DSC04243.JPG

Peruvian Seabird Guano 12-11-2
DSC042441.JPG

GreenSand
DSC04233.JPG

Epsoma Gardening Lime
DSC04234.JPG
DSC04235.JPG

General Organics Ancient forest Humus
DSC04236.JPG

Worm Casings with added volcanic rock and kelp meal
DSC04237.JPG

Montere Epsom Salts 9.8% MG, 12.9% sulfur
DSC04241.JPG
DSC04242.JPG

Hydrofarm Perlite
DSC04239.JPG

Humboldt Mycos Maximum
DSC042451.JPG
DSC042471.JPG

Liquid Organic Nutrients on Hand.

EarthJuice full line (Grow, Bloom Catalyst) which are organic, and also MicroBlast and MetaK (non organic, most likely will not use)
DSC042501.JPG

Advanced Nutrients- Liquid Carboload, F-1 Fulvic Acid, Organic B
DSC042481.JPG

General Organics- BioWeed (cold pressed seaweed), BioRoot, Cal/Mag (shouldnt need unless I see deficiencies)
DSC042491.JPG

Hygrozyme
DSC042511.JPG

Humboldt Nutrients Liquid Humic Acid Concentrate 8%
DSC04252.JPG

Wholesome Organic Molasses

-------------------------------------

I have not yet selected the strains that I will be growing, but I will make my decision within the next few days. My main goal was to have the soil mixed about a week or more before recieving the clones, so that I can get the micropopulation active before the babies even break ground. I also have not determined what my soil mix ratio's will be, and out of my arsenol of organic nutrients, which ones I will be using with my super amended soil...

As for the clone choices there are quite a few...

I am definitely trying to get some blue dream clones (awaiting the details) my favorite sativa...

I also have the option for these strains...but havent made up my mind..

Platinum Bubba
Pre-98 Bubba
Holy Grail OG ----very tempted to run this one again..
Silverback OG
Sour Bubble (bubblegum bx3)
University Hill's OG
Monster OG
Fu@king Incredible
Maui Wawi
Platinum Kush
Blackberry Kush
and possibly a few other choices...I am going to try to stay with 3 strains total, may do a total of 4, but I find it easier with less different strains going at once...

What would you recommend? Keep in mind Scrog, potency, flavor, rarity and yield...

Also with the soil ingredients, amendments and additives...feel free to chime in on the mixing ratio's...

Re: Icemud's indoor organic's, V-Scrog, dual spectrum lighting

Alright...now that I have the grow introduction underway....Lets discuss the plans for this grow.....

I will be starting in 2 gallon plastic round pots, and a few weeks into veg when growth is strong and plants become large, I will be transplanting them to #4 Smartpots (size of 5 gallon plastics) for the remainder of the grow. The reason I am going to try starting in the plastics, was on my last grow, the smartpots developed very dense roots, but only on the top half of the pots, and the lower portion remained as mostly soil with very little roots. I believe this may be due to overwatering and not letting the soil dry out enough. With the plastics, I know that I will develop a very solid rootball, and moving to the smartpots mid veg, I know that I will see better results and fuller root growth than my previous grow.

I still have yet to determine which of the organic nutrients I will be using, along with my super amended soil. I found out that constant feeding without a good flush every once in a while leads to fast salt lockups with the smartpots, so I am going to try to do a nutrient, tea, pure water feeding schedule, rotating the 3 each feeding, as well as adjusting it for the period in the plants cycle...

So far I know I will be using: liquid carboload, organic B (early veg), Humic and Fulvic acids, hygrozyme (sparingly every few waterings), BioWeed (cold Pressed seaweed) and the Earthjuice Grow, Bloom and Catalyst... The rest of what I listed will most likely either be used only when and if needed to correct deficiencies, or may be cycled into the mix every few feedings...

So onto my soil mixture ratios..... Please feel free to chime in and suggest changes that have worked for you...I will be mixing the amounts for 2 gallon plastics, 6 total and also mixing an additional 2 gallon plastic up for using for compost tea's..

60% (30/30%) happy frog potting soil, ocean forest potting soil
10% Ancient forrest humus
10% perlite
10% worm casings

Remaining 10% will be comprised of...

Mexican Bat guano (Recommends 3TBSP per plant) will be about 3% of my mix
Peruvian Seabird guano (Recommends 3TBSP per plant) will be around 3% of my mix..
Humboldt Mycos Maximum 4oz per 1.5-3 cubic feet, <1% in mix
Epsoma Gardening Lime (recommends 2-4 tbsp per plant) will probably use same guidelines on the 4tbsp side.
Greensand (recommends 2 cups per 10sq feet) will probably use 1-1.5 cups total <1% my total mix
Epsom Salt (recommends 1/4 cup per plant base) prob will use 1.5cups for my whole mixture <1% of mix..

So how does these ratio's sound to everyone?

Re: Icemud's Organic SCROG!! Grow 3.0

hey mud, best of luck and im sure you will rock this out!! your last grow was superb and i will stay tuned in.....:thumb:

Alright, well I went ahead and mixed my soil....

This is how I mixed it... total soil needed was for 8x 2 gallon plastic pots..

2.5 pots of happy frog
2.5 pots of Fox Farm Ocean forrest
1 pot of perlite
1 pot of Ancient Forest Humus
1 pot of worm casings with volcanic rock and kelp added

There is my 8 pots of soil...

Now the amendments blended in...

Greensand... 2 cups total (16oz)
humboldt nutrients mycos maximum 1 cup (8oz)
espom salt... 3/4 a cup (6 oz)
Mexican Bat guano 2 cups (16oz)
Peruvian Seabird guano, 2 cups (16oz)
dolimic lime... 10 oz,

I am going to look into local soil testing places to see what prices run for an analysis, I have been reading more and more about high brix growing and it is very involved, but interesting, and I would love to know what my nutrient ratio's are...

hey mud, best of luck and im sure you will rock this out!! your last grow was superb and i will stay tuned in.....:thumb:

Thank's Pilot!!! Much appreciate the compliment... I am hoping that this run turns out even better, I will be changing a few things throughout the approach, and hopefully will get better results...

Alright...now that I have the grow introduction underway....Lets discuss the plans for this grow.....

I will be starting in 2 gallon plastic round pots, and a few weeks into veg when growth is strong and plants become large, I will be transplanting them to #4 Smartpots (size of 5 gallon plastics) for the remainder of the grow. The reason I am going to try starting in the plastics, was on my last grow, the smartpots developed very dense roots, but only on the top half of the pots, and the lower portion remained as mostly soil with very little roots. I believe this may be due to overwatering and not letting the soil dry out enough. With the plastics, I know that I will develop a very solid rootball, and moving to the smartpots mid veg, I know that I will see better results and fuller root growth than my previous grow.

I still have yet to determine which of the organic nutrients I will be using, along with my super amended soil. I found out that constant feeding without a good flush every once in a while leads to fast salt lockups with the smartpots, so I am going to try to do a nutrient, tea, pure water feeding schedule, rotating the 3 each feeding, as well as adjusting it for the period in the plants cycle...

So far I know I will be using: liquid carboload, organic B (early veg), Humic and Fulvic acids, hygrozyme (sparingly every few waterings), BioWeed (cold Pressed seaweed) and the Earthjuice Grow, Bloom and Catalyst... The rest of what I listed will most likely either be used only when and if needed to correct deficiencies, or may be cycled into the mix every few feedings...

So onto my soil mixture ratios..... Please feel free to chime in and suggest changes that have worked for you...I will be mixing the amounts for 2 gallon plastics, 6 total and also mixing an additional 2 gallon plastic up for using for compost tea's..

60% (30/30%) happy frog potting soil, ocean forest potting soil
10% Ancient forrest humus
10% perlite
10% worm casings

Remaining 10% will be comprised of...

Mexican Bat guano (Recommends 3TBSP per plant) will be about 3% of my mix
Peruvian Seabird guano (Recommends 3TBSP per plant) will be around 3% of my mix..
Humboldt Mycos Maximum 4oz per 1.5-3 cubic feet, <1% in mix
Epsoma Gardening Lime (recommends 2-4 tbsp per plant) will probably use same guidelines on the 4tbsp side.
Greensand (recommends 2 cups per 10sq feet) will probably use 1-1.5 cups total <1% my total mix
Epsom Salt (recommends 1/4 cup per plant base) prob will use 1.5cups for my whole mixture <1% of mix..

So how does these ratio's sound to everyone?

Hey bro. I'm over here after your invite on my journal.

Your ratio's.....2 questions:

1.)Are you going to use a microbial tea?
2.)are you willing to use larger pots?

Right off the bat the only change I'd make is to ditch the bloom guano and use a cup of Soft Rock Phosphate instead. Please do not use "super phosphate," or "triple phosphate." Use only Soft Rock Phosphate.

Your mix needs more calcium and It's a colloidal mineral with lots of calcium, magnesium and trace elements. That would be an easy tweak that would allow you to not make any major changes.

Make sure you put this "super soil" in the bottom 1/2 to 1/3 of the pots, with regular soil on top. The roots are going to lick at this, not sink right in at first. Some folks build really hot soils, grow nice plants and are then surprised to see the roots never made it to the bottom of the pots. Use this stuff at the bottom.

I seriously doubt you'll need to feed any of those products other than the molasses and the Microblast. I'd recommend using the microblast weekly and the molasses every other watering.

If you have the time and can get stuff easily, I think we can tweak it even more, but what you have listed up there will definitely grow some fine weed!

Using compost/worm/microbial teas will definitely take this grow to the next level.

Hey bro. I'm over here after your invite on my journal.

Your ratio's.....2 questions:

1.)Are you going to use a microbial tea?
2.)are you willing to use larger pots?

Right off the bat the only change I'd make is to ditch the bloom guano and use a cup of Soft Rock Phosphate instead. Please do not use "super phosphate," or "triple phosphate." Use only Soft Rock Phosphate.

Your mix needs more calcium and It's a colloidal mineral with lots of calcium, magnesium and trace elements. That would be an easy tweak that would allow you to not make any major changes.

Make sure you put this "super soil" in the bottom 1/2 to 1/3 of the pots, with regular soil on top. The roots are going to lick at this, not sink right in at first. Some folks build really hot soils, grow nice plants and are then surprised to see the roots never made it to the bottom of the pots. Use this stuff at the bottom.

I seriously doubt you'll need to feed any of those products other than the molasses and the Microblast. I'd recommend using the microblast weekly and the molasses every other watering.

If you have the time and can get stuff easily, I think we can tweak it even more, but what you have listed up there will definitely grow some fine weed!

Using compost/worm/microbial teas will definitely take this grow to the next level.

Thank you very much for your expert advice... :thumb::thanks: I have been reading up quite a bit on the high brix growing methods and I am impressed and addicted to learning more :)

As far as my feeding schedule, I am going to alternate between feedings of compost/microbial teas, and nutrient/chelate/amendment feedings, with about every 3rd feeding being a dose of R/O water and carbo's only..

Wow...your explanation of the "hot" soil and roots never reaching for the bottom of the pots, must be the reason that I had super healthy plants last grow, but the roots only filled the top 1/2 of the pots, I didn't layer the soil and just mixed it and potted it....awesome advice!!

I will be transplanting from these 2 gallon plastics to #4 size smartpots (approx same as 5 gallon plastics). I was very impressed with how the smartpots performed in root pruning, however, before your last comment about the hot soil, I thought my 1/2 rooted pots were due to overwatering, good to know the actual reason :) !!

So my idea was to let the plants form a good rootball in the plastics, upon transplanting, scoring the roots, and then letting the smartpots take over with the rootpruning...as well as giving the roots some fresh soil to dig thru and the microbes to chomp on...

I'm actually going to ditch the microblast, because it is not organic, but have considered picking up BPN's Micro, because it is amino chelated, but really only if the need be. With the greensand, I am hoping that the soil base is fortified with the trace nutrients needed, but we will see, may have to resort to adding the micro nutrients if needed...

For foliar sprayings, I haven't completely determined what I am going to use, but my eyes are set on Fulvic acid (smaller molecule sizes than humic acid), carbohydrates (molasses and carboload), and trace minerals (bioweed, cold pressed seaweed).... is there anything else that you would either add to or subtract from the foliar nutrients?

Wow, you seem really dialed in. I haven't read any of your journals but I will be tuned in to this one. I am using coco and wonders if I can use any of the stuff you mentioned to give my plants a boost in future grows.

Wow, you seem really dialed in. I haven't read any of your journals but I will be tuned in to this one. I am using coco and wonders if I can use any of the stuff you mentioned to give my plants a boost in future grows.

Hey QueenTokelove!!! appreciate your presence in my 3rd round of growing!! I really have spend countless hours of researching the internet in seek of the best information on how get the most out of my plants and there genetics, and with each grow I am learning more and more. I am so blessed to have such excellent people around this forum!!! As far as coco, I really couldn't give much advice since the brunt of my knowledge has been specific to organic soil growing, so I really am clueless when it comes to other grow mediums, but if I find any solid information in that area, I will be happy to pass it on to you!! :):welcome::thanks:

I am sorry that I must have somehow missed out on your last grow, wow 15+ weeks flowering...my holy grail OG's on my last grow went around 15 weeks as well for amber trichomes, and now that they are cured...I am sooo glad I waited on these girls...whao there strong!!! Very nice journal by the way, I just skimmed through it but very informational!!! look forward to your future grow endeavors!!

Thank you very much for your expert advice... :thumb::thanks: I have been reading up quite a bit on the high brix growing methods and I am impressed and addicted to learning more :)

As far as my feeding schedule, I am going to alternate between feedings of compost/microbial teas, and nutrient/chelate/amendment feedings, with about every 3rd feeding being a dose of R/O water and carbo's only..

Wow...your explanation of the "hot" soil and roots never reaching for the bottom of the pots, must be the reason that I had super healthy plants last grow, but the roots only filled the top 1/2 of the pots, I didn't layer the soil and just mixed it and potted it....awesome advice!!

I will be transplanting from these 2 gallon plastics to #4 size smartpots (approx same as 5 gallon plastics). I was very impressed with how the smartpots performed in root pruning, however, before your last comment about the hot soil, I thought my 1/2 rooted pots were due to overwatering, good to know the actual reason :) !!

So my idea was to let the plants form a good rootball in the plastics, upon transplanting, scoring the roots, and then letting the smartpots take over with the rootpruning...as well as giving the roots some fresh soil to dig thru and the microbes to chomp on...

I'm actually going to ditch the microblast, because it is not organic, but have considered picking up BPN's Micro, because it is amino chelated, but really only if the need be. With the greensand, I am hoping that the soil base is fortified with the trace nutrients needed, but we will see, may have to resort to adding the micro nutrients if needed...

For foliar sprayings, I haven't completely determined what I am going to use, but my eyes are set on Fulvic acid (smaller molecule sizes than humic acid), carbohydrates (molasses and carboload), and trace minerals (bioweed, cold pressed seaweed).... is there anything else that you would either add to or subtract from the foliar nutrients?
I promise you'll be happier if you don't feed those plants much. Just the microbial tea and an occasional kelp and microblast should be more than enough.

Let the microbes do the work! Don't F it all up with salts!

I promise you'll be happier if you don't feed those plants much. Just the microbial tea and an occasional kelp and microblast should be more than enough.

Let the microbes do the work! Don't F it all up with salts!

Will do Doc!!! again I very much appreciate your time and advice..

I'll definitely be tuned it for this grow as well, i'm starting my 3rd grow and it is also organic and hopefully high brix. I am also going to use FFOF and FFHF but I'm having a hard time finding other amendments in my area, so I might get this kit I found online that's tailored for High Brix and has the rock phosphates and all that in the perfect ratios. I have my clones rooting right now(hopefully) so I need to get this stuff quick!! Good luck!!

I'll definitely be tuned it for this grow as well, i'm starting my 3rd grow and it is also organic and hopefully high brix. I am also going to use FFOF and FFHF but I'm having a hard time finding other amendments in my area, so I might get this kit I found online that's tailored for High Brix and has the rock phosphates and all that in the perfect ratios. I have my clones rooting right now(hopefully) so I need to get this stuff quick!! Good luck!!

Welcome nugslinger!! I am excited to get this grow underway...and I appreciate you riding along.... I will do the same for your journal :) I love organics and this High Brix concept has me reading already all over the internet... actually reading about refractometers on amaz on. Most of the things like the epsom salt and greensand I found at a local nursury and garden shop, the soils I picked up at a local hydroshop, and most of the nutrients I have found in various hydroshops, gifted from buddies, and thru craigslist purchases... Can't wait to get this thing rolling, all i need now is to secure what strains/clones I will be running and off to the races :) Cant wait to see your grow develop as well..thanks for stopping by Nugzslinger!

tuned in to this one bro, it's looking like a good party in here

Hello Icemud!
Really nice journal you've got going here......:goodjob:...... I really liked reading through the ingredients on
the back of the bottles and I can tell great things will be happening with your grow so.......:goodluck:.....

and happy gardening!.......:smokin:.....

Whats up Goshawk!!! glad to have ya aboard this round!!! I will try to make this journal my best one yet :)

Subbed for sure! I'm trying to get with the organic movement myself :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for stopping thru Stoned4Daze!! Man, I tell ya organic buds just are more pleasent to smoke and the high seems to last much longer than synthetic fertalizer buds....and little to no coughing compared to the synthetics!! Plus much more eco-friendly!!! Glad to have you here for the ride!

tuned in to this one bro, it's looking like a good party in here

I love parties!!! lol... lets get it crackin up in here!! lol

Looking forward to another one of your amazing SCROG!

Whats good Twelve12....much appeciate you stopping on by and look forward to the wealth of knowledge that you have :) Can't wait to get this round started... :)

Alright everyone..... So I have placed my order for the clones and they will be here later today!!! So I went against making it easy on myself and running only 3 strains, I decided to get 5 instead...lmao...

So here is going to be the featured ladies in Icemuds Cannabeauty Pagent!! LOL

returning from last grow is Holy Grail OG... 1x ( I still have not found the exact genetics involved with Holy Grail OG) but just knowing from my last run, she is a heavy hitter. With the growth traits more similar to a bubba or master kush and a master kush taste and smell, I believe that it is an og x master kush, or an og x bubba kush, but still no for sure answers)

And new to the grow are the following..

Platinum Bubba x2 (platinum kush (purple x master kush x og kush) x bubba kush)
Sour Bubble x1 (BX3 Bubblegum)
Silverback OG x1 (silverback (supersilver haze x grape ape) x OG)
Blackberry OG x1 (afghani mother x DJ shorts blue berry)

Alright everyone..... So I have placed my order for the clones and they will be here later today!!! So I went against making it easy on myself and running only 3 strains, I decided to get 5 instead...lmao...

So here is going to be the featured ladies in Icemuds Cannabeauty Pagent!! LOL

returning from last grow is Holy Grail OG... 1x ( I still have not found the exact genetics involved with Holy Grail OG) but just knowing from my last run, she is a heavy hitter. With the growth traits more similar to a bubba or master kush and a master kush taste and smell, I believe that it is an og x master kush, or an og x bubba kush, but still no for sure answers)

And new to the grow are the following..

Platinum Bubba x2 (platinum kush (purple x master kush x og kush) x bubba kush)
Sour Bubble x1 (BX3 Bubblegum)
Silverback OG x1 (silverback (supersilver haze x grape ape) x OG)
Blackberry OG x1 (afghani mother x DJ shorts blue berry)

Blackberry OG.....oh my.

Back
Top Bottom