DSC042931.JPG

Sour Bubble
DSC042951.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC042942.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC042971.JPG
DSC04292.JPG

After looking at my home made spectrometer and the different bulbs in comparison with each other, I will be switching out my CMH bulb for the Ushio OptiBlue for the major portion of the veg cycle. I noticed that both bulbs exhibit a very similar sunlight balenced spectrum, however the CMH is definitely heavier in the red end and light in the blue end, where as the Ushio MH has much more of the blue region, little green, and strong red, but not as much IR. When I get closer to flowering time, I will swap the CMH back into the mix to simulate the change of seasons as well as with the heavy red, promote more stretching as I move into flowering.. This should get the best out of my bulbs for the most vital parts of the grow.. I was curious how the CMH would veg, which I have no doubt that it would do fine, but with the heavier red, I think it may promote more stretchy plants...

Looking good in the last photos :) You planning to SCROG all these strains under one screen? Sorry it took me so long to get over here, I went out of town yesterday!

Hey TeSmp! glad to have ya along for the ride... Yeah I'm going to scrog all 6 under the same V-Scrog screen as my last 2 journals. Seems like the best way to maximize my tents production, until I can afford to have another tent for a perpetual grow...hopefully won't be long. :) I am curious how this one will turn out because most of the strains this time tend to grow more bushy than lanky, with the exception of the blackberry kush and the silverback og...so most likely they will go in the back on each side of the tent.. all of the other's are supposed to grow bushy so I will most likely do my holy grail og in the middle back, (got over a 1/4lb off 1 plant last run in that position), the sour bubble in the middle front, and a platinum bubba on each side of the tent in the front. ( I am curious on how the primary lighting above the platinum bubba's will effect there overall outcome, since one is under the 400w MH, and the other under a 600w HPS.)

whooh, nice read! im in :)

Thanks Wild!!! hopefully this will be a great show this time around...trying a couple new techniques so hope to have the best crop yet!

Im in 100 percent!
+reps if i can from your last grow man.
you had some big old buds

Hey Shottafire!! man I must have missed your post bro, sorry for the delay! OOPS! :) I really appreciate the rep and for the positive feedback!! yeah I pretty impressed with the last grow...wish I would have flushed inbetween cycle's to help prevent that lockup but oh well...some really really fire smoke overall :) glad to have ya around for grow 3!!!

Hey everyone...!!

Today is Day 4 of my Veg and so far the Gas Lamp Routine is working and the ladies have sprung to life and really have started to show some healthy new growth. I may be jumping the gun a little, but the main stem seemed strong enough on 5 out of 6 of the girls and there were tall enough to start some early LST. I really want to bush these girls out quite a bit this round, only with LST and later in flower supercropping, Ive never really needed to do any topping or FIM so I will stick to the less stressful means of training before the scrog screen.

The soil is still very moist from the little ones not uptaking water very fast, and I do have a good amount of humus and worm casings in my soil which help wick up that moisture, so I am going to hold off for at least 2-3 more day's before giving them another dose of water (if needed then). At this stage I would rather the plants stress to find water and really reach down deep in the soil to get that root base created, so they will thrive when transplanted to the smartpots :)

I have been giving them a nightly foliar feeding right before the lights go out, same mixture as posted before...... the next foliar feeding will be compost tea, but that will not be until I prepare some for there next soil feeding as well.

Right now I am just running the 400w Ushio Opti-blue MH for the time being, until they have grown much more foliage and then I will add the 600wHPS into the mix as well.
I am using the HPS though for the 1 hour lights on period, in the middle of the night because it has much more abundance of red in the spectrum.

So as of now with the gas lamp routine, I am running the lights like this..

400w MH on 12 hours...lights off 5.5 hours...600w HPS on for 1 hour.....lights off 5.5 hours...repeat...

Here are the photo's for today...

Platinum Bubba
DSC043021.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC043031.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043041.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC043051.JPG

Sour Bubble (BOG)
DSC043062.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC043071.JPG

Average Temps with lights on..
DSC04310.JPG

Full tent views....got my fungus gnat landing strips out!!! bwhahahah
DSC043081.JPG
DSC04309.JPG

Damn, a qp of just the one plant? That's pretty cool, I hope I get at least a few ounces of both of mine! Sounds like a pretty cool grow, I'm interested to see over the next few months :) The gas lantern routine is interesting, what convinced you to give it a try?

Mostly wanted to cut costs of growing so If I could save 6 hours off each day of my lighting schedule, it should equal over 100$ in saving over the course of the grow. I also have been reading that it promotes a bloom explosion when flipped over to flower because it generates more bloom hormone build up with the gas lamp routine... :)

Hey everyone...today is day Day 5 of Veg for my ladies and it seems they have adapted very friendly to the early LST and seem to have perked up even more. The soil is still quite moist, and will probably be about 3 more day's before there ready to water. Knowing that my compost tea's usually take about 2 days to properly bubble, I will start preparing the mix tomorrow for use within the next 3 days. I will be using some of this compost tea to also foliar feed them, and depending on the ppm of my compost tea, will determine what ratio to water I will be using, my goal is to sit around 150ppm for the foliar spray..

Today I also got my IR thermometer and refractometer in the mail. I ordered the IR thermometer to be able at quick glance, check the temperature of my leaves vs the ambient temps. Right now I am not too concerned with the leaf temps due to the air being very cool lately, plus I only have babies right now, which aren't really reflecting a lot of IR heat right now...

I also got a refractometer today. This is a telescope looking tool with a prism on the end of it. It measures the amount of sugar/other things that is in the plant juices, which will help show how healthy the plant is, along with how nutrient dense the plant is. The Higher the Brix rating, the healthier and more mineral packed the plant is... and a Brix over 12 will repel insects because of its electromagnetic energy it gives off... I won't be able to test my girls, until I have enough leaves to comfortably be able to pull one off in sacrifice for the brix test...but I can't wait.... I read that within 2 hours of a foliar feeding, if your brix goes up by 2...your doing somthing the plant likes :)

I will try to get some photo's up in a bit... been up since 3am and just a little exhausted from a long day....

Cheers everyone!!

Here is the photo's for today, day 5 of veg..

So far everything looks really healthy and happy ...

Full Tent view
DSC04311.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043121.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC043132.JPG

Platinum Bubba
DSC043141.JPG

Silverback OG
DSC043152.JPG

Sour Bubble (BOG)
DSC04316.JPG

Blackberry Kush
DSC043171.JPG

Temp readings at light level and at foliage level
DSC043191.JPG

Testing out my new IR thermometer on leaves..
DSC043201.JPG
DSC04321.JPG

My new refractometer...costa bout 40$ and came with microcloth, pipette, adjustment screw driver and case... was already calibrated and reads perfectly... :)
DSC043222.JPG
DSC04323.JPG

quik question what are the yellow things for?
is it to help reflect light back up?
just curious as im new to indoor growing and even outdoor havent done anything in over 25 yrs easy lol....

just curious as im new to indoor growing and even outdoor havent done anything in over 25 yrs easy lol....

Those are sticky mats for killing fungus gnats! Always a good thing to have, just in case. I'm going to pull up a seat right up in front for this one if you don't mind Icemud. I loved lurking around your last grow...beautiful job on that SCROG by the way. Glad to see that people are going all in with the High Brix method.

Great photos! Great info! Thanks

Your very welcome, I will try to keep them current throughout the grow, on my last grow I wanted to do a time lapse of the whole grow, but when my HDD crashed on my computer, I lost almost all the photo's...

ILuvJuicyLucy got to that one before I could(thanks :thumb:)... there just like flypaper, but much more gooey.... helps to catch adult fungus gnats before they lay eggs in the soil, as well as track how bad an infestation can be...

Those are sticky mats for killing fungus gnats! Always a good thing to have, just in case. I'm going to pull up a seat right up in front for this one if you don't mind Icemud. I loved lurking around your last grow...beautiful job on that SCROG by the way. Glad to see that people are going all in with the High Brix method.

Welcome to my Journal!! :high-five: Thank you very much for the compliments on my last run...I love growing and with each one learning how to create a healthier, more potent end product, and I'm super stoked on this High brix technique. Grab a seat, some popcorn, snacks and enjoy the ride :)

Back
Top Bottom