Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartpots

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG, Kali Kandi, Socaldam OG, XJ-13, organic, soil, smartpots

:popcorn:

Hi Icemud -

:goodluck: with grow #2, and nice job again with the last one. Twelve12 had a good idea with the clips, somebody needs to +rep for that I think, lol. I tried, but I must have repped him too recently. Simple little tricks can make all the difference when applied right. LST rocks if you can take the time to keep up with it. ;)

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG, Kali Kandi, Socaldam OG, XJ-13, organic, soil, smartpots

Hey everyone, today would be day 5/6 of veg or I should say since transplant.. things so far are looking great... My OG101/socaldam OG is stil struggling but showing new growth at the nodes and looking more lively each day... I made a make shift humidity dome for one of them out of a modified 2 liter bottle and so far seems to work well. I have not been giving any water since my first initial watering except a few good sprays of my light ppm mixture of distilled water, cold pressed seaweed, humic acid, ej micro and I just spray enough to give the plants a sweet little drink thru there tiny roots, but not enough to keep them from searching for more water and building those roots!! The temps have been staying nice in the tent...76-78F and humidity 55-62%RH...so far ideal for the lil babies to flourish!!

My Holy Grail OG's are really loving the new soil and light and all the leaves are a very healthy dark green, and much new growth and even a new fan is present already!! tons of nodes and not much streaching at all!!! this is a great choice for the middle of my V-scrog so far!!

My Kali Kandi is also loving its new soil...very dark green growth, lots of new growth already and looks overall very at home...lol...

My xj-13 is also doing well, not as much for new growth, but much more of a healthy looking green, much more of a streachy plant...

Since 4 of the ladies seemed to be doing well there first week, I decided to start LST early and get them as bushy as possible for this scrog!! I used Twelve12's recommendation for LST with smartpots (flexible fabric pots) using the binder clips and it works great... not sure if this is how you give rep but heres my go at it

rep+1

For string i used the same packing twine I bought for my previous dry rack/box thingy and seemed to work just fine...much easier than the sewing thread I used last round.. :) I know it may be a little early for LST, but since it is low stress, I figured it wouldnt hurt!

Overall I couldn't be happier how these lil ladies are loving there new home :) Hopefully the OG101's will pick up soon and join the rest on there way to beauty!!!

My lighting still is at 24/0 and I have been running my 400w MH for 20 hrs a day and my 600w HPS (running at 400w) for 4 hours a day.. again my overall goal is to make my lighting as natural as possible as well as give a sort of lightt mover effect to my tent, without forking out the $$ for one... Once I see my OG101's recover and take off, I will be switching to 18/6..

Here's the photo's for day 5/6 for my grow...

Enjoy!!

Full Tent view
DSC025483.JPG

Kali Kandy (chocolope x Holy grail OG )
DSC025551.JPG

XJ-13 (G13 x Jack Herrer)
DSC025561.JPG

Holy Grail OG's
DSC025573.JPG
DSC02558.JPG

OG101/Socaldam OG's
DSC02559.JPG
DSC02560.JPG

hey icemud, once again the ladies are looking nice, and soon to be monsters. i also like doing LST in Smartpots as 12/12 addressed, you get more of an explosion of growth using this growth method.... are you going to do any supercropping?

hey icemud, once again the ladies are looking nice, and soon to be monsters. i also like doing LST in Smartpots as 12/12 addressed, you get more of an explosion of growth using this growth method.... are you going to do any supercropping?

Hey LA..man sorry to read about your misfortune with your girls, hope the clones are doing well!!! I will be supercropping my larger plants in flowering, once they have gone thru there flowering stretch and most likely around day 20-30 of flowering. I did this last round during flowering and it made a very noticable difference on the supercropped branches vs the ones that weren't. The supercropped branch bud's were almost 1 1/2 times the size of the non-supercropped ones and the secondary/auxillary buds almost doubled in size in comparison to the non-supercropped ones. Other than in early-mid flowering I will be just sticking to LST and SCROG...I prefer less strenuous training over the more harsh ones (supercropping, topping, FIM). It seems that when you do LST or Bending there is little to no recovery (shock period) of the plants vs. the more strenuous ones (supercropping, topping, FIM) which seem to slow growth 2-3 days before a recovery....I don't like to hurt the ladies if there is a easier alternative to get similar results!!

Just since last night's LST, the plants have already responded, turned towards the light (phototropism) and have already started boosting there auxillary branches....amazing!!! if I would have supercropped or chopped these ladies would still be in shock...!!! awesome!!

Looking good ice sucks those runts aren't kicking in as fast let her work those roots I've been backing off on watering my runt and she's catching up with the rest of mine

Definitely been giving them verry little water...I made this mistake on the last round and fed them every 3-4 days, and they did not develop as strong of a root ball as I would have liked....I definitely am going to let the soil dry further between each watering to really get those roots to strech out deep and wide in search of water....

Other than there 1st initial soil soaking upon transplant, I haven't even given them more than about 5 spray bottle squirts per day at the bottom of the main stem...mostly to keep the rockwool cubes moist, but not to "forcefeed" or make the root system lazy.....I can't believe how these ladies are exploding with growth already!!! wow this is much faster than last time!!!

Hope the runts will catch up....they are showing much new undergrowth and tons of little new fans on the lower nodes..so I know they are healthy and rooting, just need to get those large "solar panels" out in the HID lighting and I should see them prosper!!!

Thanks crower for your support and encouragement!!!! appreciated!!

Today is Day 6 of Veg (day since clones arrived and transplanted).....

I am really impressed how well 4 of the 6 plants are taking off....responding very well to the LST and showing fast growth and photoresponse!! My poor lil runts (og101's) are looking better and the new growth is getting much more hearty, but still a way's behind the others...I am very confident that they will be fine in about a week and caught up to there sisters.. lol

So the soil is looking a bit dry, being that its been about a week since there last full watering...not including a few foliar sprays and a few squirts to the lower stalk area to moisten the rockwool cubes below...

Today I mixed up there first official nutrient feeding...for use in 24-48 hours...after the ph buffer's itself and the microbiology is alive and thriving!!

The feeding consists of 2.5 gallons of Distilled water... 004ppm and 7ph..
All nutrients and additives were mixed to only a 1 gallon amount, to lessen the shock to these new ladies...want to ease them into the feedings, plus the soil is plenty fortified with organic goodies... (4 types of poop, and over 12 strains of mycos)

Into the water goes this: EarthJuice (Grow 15ml, Bloom 5ml, Catalyst 10ml, Micro 5ml, metak 5ml), Adv Nut H2(humic acid) 30ml, Europonic humic acid (10ml), General Organic's Bio Root 5ml, General Organics BioWeed 5ml, a good drop of organic molassas (prob about 1-2tbsp, usually this i just eyeball), 1 drop of superthrive, and 2ml of Adv Nut Liquid Carbo Load....

I used about 1/3 the recommended dosage of nutrients and additives, with the exception of the humates which aid in transportation of the available soil nutrients to the plant, as well as hosting many bioactive goodies!! So the humates I added in full strengh and divided the amount between the 2 brands I have...

I have to get some batteries to throw in my ppm meter, but I am aiming for around 350ppm for this first feeding, will have to run out first before I know...lol Right now the mixture is sitting very low as expected with Earthjuice...only reading 4.3ph on my Hannah...I have this bubbling on high with 2 6" airstones and within the next 24-48hours should come up to around 6.2-6.5 for feeding....about the same time my ladies will be starving for some water!!!

I also added my 2 "secret ingredients" to the mix... Naked Fruit Smoothies (blue & green monster) these are completely natural fruit blends that are for humans, but pack many of the essentials that plants can benifit from...or at least so far what I have reasearched leads me to believe :) :) would love anyone's comments or opinions on this that may be more read up than me?

Well back to cruisin around reading about cultivation tips!!! appreciate everyone here at 420 magazine!!!

Here are the photo's for Day 6

My nutrient lineup for this round!!! (can you spot the 2 non organics?) lol

DSC02570.JPG
DSC025711.JPG

Nothing better than a nice bubbly Earthjuice tea!!! except a bubbler and iced tea to enjoy with it!! lol should be way more froth within a day or 2...
DSC025613.JPG

Tent Full View's
DSC025621.JPG
DSC025631.JPG

Kali Kandi (chocolope(DNA) x Holy Grail OG) notice shes already responded to the LST in under 24hrs...amazing!!
DSC025642.JPG

XJ-13 also showing a quick response to the LST
DSC025651.JPG

Holy Grail OG's looking ever so happy with tons of new fans already!!
DSC025663.JPG
DSC025671.JPG

The Runts!!!
my OG101/socaldam OG

DSC025682.JPG
DSC025692.JPG

once again :goodjob:
and i appreciate u checking out my grow's, im hyped to see how they all turn out.... i just been having alot of misfortune but you my friend.....ur off to a great start.... the ladies will love all those nutes and goodies you got brewing for them...:high-five:

Today is day 7 of Veg (day since clone transplant)!!

Things are so far looking great, my 2 OG101's that have been struggling now show a vibrant-dark green to there leaves and new growths and seem to have regained there strenght as now the leaves are not drooping and standing on there own...!!!

My Holy Grail OG's are really showing great response to LST, almost as if it was made for this strain...(as seen in photos) the secondary branches are now all shooting up towards the light to equal that of the top) tons of branching on these ones, leaves are a dark forest green and very healthy looking!!

My XJ-13 is also showing great response to the light, growing almost 1" over night!!! Healthy mid dark green leaves and slow new growths forming at nodes...

Kali Kandi is a very impressive plant so far, seemed to adapt very fast to the new soil and is thriving, tons of new growths and also showing good response to the LST!!!

The soil as of today was pretty dry and my bubbling mix was sitting a little lower than I would like (ph 4.9), but with my last grow, I learned to trust organics and the microbiologies in the soil and achieved rather supprising results. My mix was nice and frothy( a full inch or 2 layer of bubbles on top, with a rather sweet soil smell) so I fed evenly all 2.5 gallons of water to soak my 3gallon smartpots (the size of plastic 5 gallon) but not completely drench the soil. There was little to no standing water in the drain dishes below..

Tonight will be the 1st night that my babies get a little rest. They have been on a 24/0 light cycle since transplant, I will no set them to the standard 18/6 for the remainder of veg. I also have the lights set to replicate the color balance of light from morning to evening with more blue spectrum in the morning with my 400w MH Ushio Opti-blue and with more red in the evening with my 600wHPS Ushio Opti-red (running at 400w).

I also have been reading that as the season changes from summer to fall, the overall lighting coloration changes with fall hosting more red light....my goal with this grow will to be reducing the blue light by 1 hour every 2 weeks of veg and increasing my red light (HPS) by 2 hours in reciprication...

My cycle is as follows..

For the next 2 weeks: 18/6

MH on----------on------------------->off
7am. 12am total 17hrs running

HPS off--------------------HPS on----------->HPS off
7pm 1am. 6hrs running

Blue MH running 17hrs per day, Red 6 hrs a day,
Dual intensity (both MH and HPS) 5Hrs per day

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following 2 weeks of 18/6 (Week 2-3 veg)

MH on----------on----------------->off
7am. 11pm total 16hrs running on

HPS off----------------HPS on------------->HPS off
5pm 1am. 8hrs running

Blue MH running 16hrs per day, Red 8 hrs a day, (red increased by 2 from previous month)
Dual intensity (both MH and HPS) 6 Hrs per day (also rose by 1 hr)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Following 2 weeks of 18/6 (weeks 4 and 5 of veg)

MH on----------on----------------->off
7am. 10pm total 15hrs running on

HPS off----------------HPS on--------------->HPS off
3pm 1am. 10hrs running

Blue MH running 15hrs per day, Red 10 hrs a day, (red increased by 2 from previous month)
Dual intensity (both MH and HPS) 7 Hrs per day (also rose by 1 hr)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following 2 weeks of 18/6 (weeks 6 and 7 of veg) (if I need to go this long)

MH on----------on------------------->off
7am. 9pm total 14hrs running on

HPS off--------------------HPS on----------->HPS off
1pm 1am. 12hrs running

Blue MH running 14hrs per day, Red 12 hrs a day, (red increased by 2 from previous month)
Dual intensity (both MH and HPS) 8 Hrs per day (also rose by 1 hr)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Flowering Light schedule 12/12

I did the lil graph to make it easier to visually understand while reading..
Now to the photos...

Here are the photos for Day 7 of Veg...Enjoy!!

Full Tent views
DSC025752.JPG

DSC025822.JPG

Kali Kandi
DSC025761.JPG

XJ-13
DSC02577.JPG

Holy Grail OG's
DSC025781.JPG
DSC025792.JPG

My Lil Runts...lol The 101OG/Socaldam OG's
DSC025803.JPG
DSC02581.JPG

Temp's sitting pretty sweet with RH about right for these lil ladies!
DSC02583.JPG

Hey everyone....Today is Day 8 of veg....so far I couldn't be happier how things are going...

My OG101's are finally looking healthy, showing much green, perkyness and a lot of new growth....I saved them and I hope they thank me for it later...lol

All the other ladies are looking fine today....especially my XJ-13 which is growing right now about 1' per day...i think she might be a fine candidate for topping or fimming....never done it before so if anyone would like to share some resourses or information with me I would be much appreciative! I know shes not ready yet to top but Im thinking within the next 2 weeks she will be very large and in charge!!

I read a ton last night about plant bottany, chelation, amino acids, nutrient uptake, lighting and more and learned a ton...I saved some excellent sites in my favorites and downloaded some pdf's of some bottany books...very information...and almost way over my head...lol...if some of you would like me to share...just send 25$ to...lol just kidding...lol just pm me or post and ill share with you... :)

Not much else to report on today so on to the pics!!!

Here's the photo's for Day 8 of Veg!!!!

Full Tent views with both 400wMH and 400w HPS running!!
DSC025842.JPG

DSC025851.JPG

DSC025923.JPG

DSC025932.JPG

Kali Kandy (chocolope x OG) added some yellow sticky's today as preventive measures!
DSC025863.JPG

XJ-13 already another 1" taller from yesterday!!
DSC025871.JPG

Holy Grail OG's looking ever so healthy and happy!!
DSC025883.JPG
DSC025893.JPG

My 2 Runts in intensive care unit!! These are the OG101's making a good recovery!
DSC025903.JPG
DSC025913.JPG

them clones are really startin to show some improvement!!! hope them other two turn around.. other then that your lookin good!!! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom