Im Looking To Start Growing

Re: Thanks and Updates!

150w light. Maybe 2? Is that enough? Hmmmm.... *thinking* the space I am going to be using is about 5 feet tall, 3 feet wide and about 3 feet back... sorry I don't know how to write that in demensions for ya lol....

TO BE CONTINUED...
What kind of light is it? CFL or HPS?
For the space you have a 250 watt HPS light would be optimal. FYI using less light is just going to make you yield less bud in the end. Didn't know if you knew or not :peace: & keep it green.

Re: Im looking to start growing.

you finally do a grow, and you have to leave da east bay to do it! not right! just messin....the little girl looks very happy!

Well. I just came across your journel tonight, and read it straight through from the beginning, I must say this is 1 of the most enjoyable journels I've read. Growing for the pure pleasure of growing! Thanks

hey l u c k y you with the female!... have you taken the clones yet? idk i missed sumthin or not.. .. .. ..

Plant looks super healthy btw! +rep

EDIT: nvm already repped you ;)

OH! ANd I almost forgot to mention... I will be bringing in my plant when the weather starts to get chilly and I will be using I believe a 150w light. Maybe 2? Is that enough? Hmmmm.... *thinking* the space I am going to be using is about 5 feet tall, 3 feet wide and about 3 feet back... sorry I don't know how to write that in demensions for ya lol....

Hey BAS, been i while since is stopped by. your plant is looking very nice and green. I'm proud of you for your first try!!! your doing great.

the thing you should keep in mind about the sun is that the light does not decrease with distance like a light bulb does, so when you move them inside, all of that great growth on the bottom of the plant is going to have trouble getting enough light to really mature.

the hight is less important as long as there is enough room, but for a 3x3 area i would try to go with at least a 250w light if your trying to fill out the whole area. anything less than that won't do your plant justice. . . and even that is pushing the lower limits. thats why bwc suggested a minimum of 400 watts.

one suggestion i would make (your in cali right? it stays warm enough year round) you should consider just moving them in and out every day if it gets too cold at night. that would still let you control the the day/night schedule to induce flower, but you still get all that nice sunlight. it would be some work to mive it every day, but you would get much bigger buds with a lot more penetration so more buds on the bottom.

keep up the good work BAS. :yummy:

Hi Ms. BAS...pardon my newbie intrusion here, but I'm taking notes watching your grow...thanks for journaling it. I can't add more than what Spike just did so I'll just say "yeah, what Spike said..."!! Cheers, Bob:hippy:

Curious to see the indoor setup once complete. How are your plants doing lately BAS?

one suggestion i would make (your in cali right? it stays warm enough year round) you should consider just moving them in and out every day if it gets too cold at night. that would still let you control the the day/night schedule to induce flower, but you still get all that nice sunlight. it would be some work to mive it every day, but you would get much bigger buds with a lot more penetration so more buds on the bottom.

i agree what is the lowest it gets in the winter where you are at or in the next two months for that matter. even if it does get cold maybe some purple might come of it.never knoe.
BTW just got heree everything is on the up and up you have really come along way glad to see a person thumb get greener espesically with thrichs
:nicethread:

I wouldn't let the fact that it's your first grow discourage you from doing LST on the plants. I did it to my first batch of plants and it's the easiest thing in the world to do.

Yeah I've seen dirtfarmers beasts. I wouldn't even call them plants anymore, those things are monsters!

The only thing to be careful in LST tie downs is not to rip the plant out from its base so most people tie the base of the plant in the opposite direction to where they first bend the stem to act as a counterbalance. The goal in the tie downs is to get the top of the stem level or pointing a bit down. The plant will realize that growing from the tip no longer goes towards the sun, so it will create branches along the stem and shoot them towards the sky.

Your plant at the size it is at may be challenging to do. Once the stem becomes woody, it won't flex. For string, you can use what you want, but I liked the twist tie stuff that can be bought at gardening stores as it is wire coated in plastic. Nothing to get wet and rot.

Amazon.com: Twist Tie on a Spool - 160 Ft: Kitchen & Dining

Look to DFW-guy on LST as he did a lot of it in his "Poor, Stealth" journal.

There are some good threads on the net about LST but I cannot directly link them here.

Can't PM you either so Google "LST method"

BTW, thanks for the +rep!

Back
Top Bottom