InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Saturday night's alright for an update!

As I may have mentioned a few hours ago and a few pages back, it was transplant day. First I had to take my son to varsity baseball tryouts (he made the team again :thumb:) and then it was time to crack open a new bag of compressed ProMix HP. It's not easy to work with like soil because they pack it so tight you have to break it apart to use it, but the bag has not a single inch of extra space so you have to blah blah blah. Jeez am I complaining!

First I transplanted the AK-47 clone, which I mostly ignore and has gotten pretty sad looking:

You may notice in that pic that there is very little room between the edge of the 1 gallon and the 5. I point this out because the original plan was to up-can the Candidas to 5 gallon pots from the 1g's they were in, but after looking at the tiny difference between them, I realized that was going to last about 2 weeks. I went with 10 gallons where they will live out their days :cool:.

I remembered the Mykos @Derbybud and used @Amy Gardner's method of spraying the rootball to get the Mykos to stick. Using the inverse sand castle method (least stress on the plant) and a whole lot of ProMix HP, here is the result:

Candida w'tap:

Candida no-tap:

While I was transplanting, up went the Bedroom Cookies:

I realized that everything needed water today (first time that's happened) so I mixed up 6.5 gallons of nutes. Each gallon was basically:
½ tsp Pro-tekt
5 ml cal-mag
1¼ tsp Grow Big (I'm finally running out of Grow Big and will be switching to MegaCrop later this week)

The Peyote Critical got 3/4 tsp of Pro-tekt and the Sour G got 6 ml cal-mag, but that was the only variance.

Here is a shot of the whole family:

I'm hoping that the Candidas turn around with the transplant, and if not, I'll have to figure out what else might be bothering them.

I raised the light because of the larger pots, and when they come on at 9pm I'll have a look at the lux. Everything just barely fit, but that's fine as there's nothing else to go in there.

As you can see, there are a lot of bushes in my garden, so tomorrow it will be pruning day. Before/after pics to come!

Oh, last thing...I've been taking the domes off the clones for a while today. I can tell you for certain that the Candida top does not want to be domeless! The rest are much less bothered. :)

I hope your weekend is going well and that Sunday turns out exactly the way you want it.
:peace:

Man take some acetone and clean off that heater! And no one wants warm root beer anyway.

That's a kilo of bud?
Haha yeah it gets hit a cal times a week but probably needs it more. Some of it's just scorched on tho I think?

Yeah like the wu tang song, "a kilo is a thousand grams, it's easy to remember" (while in fact that not exactly accurate). 1 ml of oil translates to approximately 1 gram of product 1000 ml would be 1000 grams or 2.2 lbs.

Edit. This got some delayed response? Oops! Yeah so of concentrate decarbed oil not of flower. Assume 10× the flower to produce that maybe closer to 15?!

Things in the garden are looking very well my friend. Seems like you've got thing I'm check and rocking out. Just gonna veg till summer??? I wanna see some treeeeeees!

Hmmm sorry did you edit or did I miss the candida Qs? Check ph and ppm? I see potassium maybe and that's always a good clue as to a salt buildup. What color is your runoff? I notice the more clear mine is the more dialed my plants are. I know I'm in coco so its different but just tryna help an uncle out

I'll start saving up!
;) No need I'm gonna check out arctic bowls thread and talk to him about his method for home extraction like grandpas. I really like the consistency of the product compared to infused oils. Buds have a lot of variables whereas an extract is a bit more consistent.

Hmmm sorry did you edit or did I miss the candida Qs? Check ph and ppm? I see potassium maybe and that's always a good clue as to a salt buildup. What color is your runoff? I notice the more clear mine is the more dialed my plants are. I know I'm in coco so its different but just tryna help an uncle out
Thanks, but I don't think I asked a question! I didn't measure the runoff in the 1 gallons (don't have time in the mornings any more) though I'm pretty sure that ran clear every time. And now that it's all new promix I think it's too late to calc the ppms for any clues. I think I just have to figure out what my plants need now that they're getting a lot more light than they used to. Could just be a little more of everything!
;) No need I'm gonna check out arctic bowls thread and talk to him about his method for home extraction like grandpas. I really like the consistency of the product compared to infused oils. Buds have a lot of variables whereas an extract is a bit more consistent.
I think I'll stick with oil infusion if only because I don't want to get into the extraction side. Can't even buy Everclear in CA and without a method to recap the evap that's money off into the air anyway. You're playing in another ballpark from me!

Have you all ever heard of sous vide? Probably a dumb question but I was watching that cooking with cannabis show on hulu and one of the chefs usedit as a method of decarb. Grind up herbs into a vacuum sealed pouch and decarbed in water. It's supposed to retain more flavor of the product while allowing for a more even and precise decarb... I totally forgot to pass that info along but someone should try it!

I was about to answer what a sous vide is as I've worked in a cpl kitchens on my travels...lol

Lab results. And proof that 1 hour 40 mins at 200 is 100% decarb

:high-five:

Going to have to try this but need to explain to the missus why she needs it.....lol

It came to my mind a while back but forgot it and now when you guys were talking about making oil and decarb it came back. Have any one tried making essential oils with a still?

Morning gentleman and ms.Amy I have a friend whose into essential oils but the set up he wants has a hefty price tag here at home,but I've been offered a still to use in return for helping a gentleman out with meds as he has cancer and has found out that chemo hasn't been working.

He is a friend of my father who saw my garden and inquired if I could help him in regards to meds after my father mentioned I might be able to help...

Haven't made oils this way yet so any help but I'm a quick learner..

I haven't made essential oils, but I've made plenty of another clear liquids. I built my own via a good quality 8 gallon pot. Hole in the lid, copper pipe, fittings, coil, etc.

Morning gentleman and ms.Amy I have a friend whose into essential oils but the set up he wants has a hefty price tag here at home,but I've been offered a still to use in return for helping a gentleman out with meds as he has cancer and has found out that chemo hasn't been working.

He is a friend of my father who saw my garden and inquired if I could help him in regards to meds after my father mentioned I might be able to help...

If it really works it should produce the strongest of oils that's possible to make. But as usually with my crazy ideas there is a lot of things that can turn sideways I guess....

Would be fun to try though.

@InTheShed Nice update. I really hope u manage to keep the Candidas in the height u choose to.

full
Yay! I love these :D it’s easy to lose track of the whole clan, from the outside.
hoping that the Candidas turn around with the transplant, and if not, I'll have to figure out what else might be bothering them.

Hmm, I’m finding the CD -1 a might delicate. And definitely more so when it was in the small pot so hopefully you’ll see better days after. That looks a bit like the dropsy that happens to mine sometimes (although maybe it’s just post watering droop). I’ve observed that it doesn’t like a lot of heat, but I didn’t think things were that warm in your pocket of the globe right now.

Hey Smeegol. I think that a post made by neikodog is going to b the ticket. He makes CCO and then melts that into carrier oil to make what they call Bio Bombs. I will search for the posts here where he spells out his process. It’s over at one of Duggan’s journals so it might take me a little time to find it :Namaste:

Edit: so it was a quick find! And it’s all here in one post. I’m sure he would be happy to answer question about it too ..

@neikodog ’s bio bombs process

Yay! I love these :D it’s easy to lose track of the whole clan, from the outside.

Hmm, I’m finding the CD -1 a might delicate. And definitely more so when it was in the small pot so hopefully you’ll see better days after. That looks a bit like the dropsy that happens to mine sometimes (although maybe it’s just post watering droop). I’ve observed that it doesn’t like a lot of heat, but I didn’t think things were that warm in your pocket of the globe right now.

Hey Smeegol. I think that a post made by neikodog is going to b the ticket. He makes CCO and then melts that into carrier oil to make what they call Bio Bombs. I will search for the posts here where he spells out his process. It’s over at one of Duggan’s journals so it might take me a little time to find it :Namaste:

Edit: so it was a quick find! And it’s all here in one post. I’m sure he would be happy to answer question about it too ..

@neikodog ’s bio bombs process

Afternoon ms.Amy I thank you kindly for finding me that link..... I will most def be calling on that often....:hug:

Yeah I started eating "dingys" which are decarbed oil. Like FECO. 70 to 75% thc by volume. Dab .2 ml on a cracker and I don't need to smoke again that day... i certainly enjoy the convenience but the infused oil works very well for me as well

Heres what it looks like when we make it.

20190108_171844.jpg

Over a kilo of meds
You got a real serious setup there man, nice. I don’t think making oil is something accessible to me right now. I do have bubble bags and the hash I mad is super dabbable. Dabbable, you heard this word here first! :yahoo:
I have considered just decarbing my hash and using that rather than flower.

Saturday night's alright for an update!

As I may have mentioned a few hours ago and a few pages back, it was transplant day. First I had to take my son to varsity baseball tryouts (he made the team again :thumb:) and then it was time to crack open a new bag of compressed ProMix HP. It's not easy to work with like soil because they pack it so tight you have to break it apart to use it, but the bag has not a single inch of extra space so you have to blah blah blah. Jeez am I complaining!

First I transplanted the AK-47 clone, which I mostly ignore and has gotten pretty sad looking:

You may notice in that pic that there is very little room between the edge of the 1 gallon and the 5. I point this out because the original plan was to up-can the Candidas to 5 gallon pots from the 1g's they were in, but after looking at the tiny difference between them, I realized that was going to last about 2 weeks. I went with 10 gallons where they will live out their days :cool:.

I remembered the Mykos @Derbybud and used @Amy Gardner's method of spraying the rootball to get the Mykos to stick. Using the inverse sand castle method (least stress on the plant) and a whole lot of ProMix HP, here is the result:

Candida w'tap:

Candida no-tap:

While I was transplanting, up went the Bedroom Cookies:

I realized that everything needed water today (first time that's happened) so I mixed up 6.5 gallons of nutes. Each gallon was basically:
½ tsp Pro-tekt
5 ml cal-mag
1¼ tsp Grow Big (I'm finally running out of Grow Big and will be switching to MegaCrop later this week)

The Peyote Critical got 3/4 tsp of Pro-tekt and the Sour G got 6 ml cal-mag, but that was the only variance.

I'm hoping that the Candidas turn around with the transplant, and if not, I'll have to figure out what else might be bothering them.

I raised the light because of the larger pots, and when they come on at 9pm I'll have a look at the lux. Everything just barely fit, but that's fine as there's nothing else to go in there.

As you can see, there are a lot of bushes in my garden, so tomorrow it will be pruning day. Before/after pics to come!

Oh, last thing...I've been taking the domes off the clones for a while today. I can tell you for certain that the Candida top does not want to be domeless! The rest are much less bothered. :)

I hope your weekend is going well and that Sunday turns out exactly the way you want it.
:peace:

Nice update! I like the inverse sandcastle method -- will have to give it a try here when the time comes for up-potting.

Nice update! I like the inverse sandcastle method -- will have to give it a try here when the time comes for up-potting.
It’s really nice Beez. Plants fit right in their home!
Sometimes I just put the transplant in after I’ve put enough soil in the bottom to raise the plant where I want it then fill around it. Typically I do that from solos to 1 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom