Duggan Does Ace's A5 x Malawi & Thai Chi In DBHBB

As many things as you make from cannabis, I am a little surprised you have never made capsules or topicals.

Actually I am a little surprised I haven't made any topicals yet. The caps help me sleep at night with constant lower back pain, but haven't attempted the topicals to date. I need to do this, VanStank gave out his recipe based on magnus version, but instead of using just percentages, he listed amounts in cups and ounces.

I don't think he would mind me sharing it.. so....
Depending on what type of back pain it is topical may not be the best solution. If it's a pulled muscle yes, herniated disc I'm not sure the topical will penetrate deep enough for that.

I will say I made basically a body butter going off of @LadyGaea recipe and it's pretty good. The relief is almost instant and last for a good 3-4 hours.

...that sounds like more work than just using grape seed oil, unless you're making it regularly, then it could make sense to have such a variety on hand...I would also using multi layered cheese cloth tied or taped over a bowl to strain your oil...using the MB2 filter, I found messy and a PITA...minimum is 2 cups for MB2, and as Amy said 8 hours will be better...#00 caps are cheap on the zon, but just using a calibrated dropper/syringe will work and easy tochart doses to find whats effective...my .02...cheerz...:rollit::passitleft:

Magnus says the pumpkin seed oil is best for absorbing the topical (This isn't for orally administered oil) the rest are essential oils that have benefits or for the scent.
Intheshed I think only uses grapeseed oil for his topicals and has links to some roller applicators on the Zon.
I suppose it is what your looking for, VanStank uses both capsules and topical oil.

@Killerbudz nothing wrong with body butters and magnus goes over them too. But if I recall correctly the topical oil better penetrates and absorbs into the skin.

There are a ton of ways to skin this cat..

Magnus says the pumpkin seed oil is best for absorbing the topical (This isn't for orally administered oil) the rest are essential oils that have benefits or for the scent.
Intheshed I think only uses grapeseed oil for his topicals and has links to some roller applicators on the Zon.
I suppose it is what your looking for, VanStank uses both capsules and topical oil.

@Killerbudz nothing wrong with body butters and magnus goes over them too. But if I recall correctly the topical oil better penetrates and absorbs into the skin.

There are a ton of ways to skin this cat..
Would need multiple cats :laugh::laugh:

I definitely need to grab some of those rollers! Had some spare oil I didn't use in the body butter and would be perfect for them. Think sue was having issues with them leaking at first and used some wax to seal them up.

Ok Duggs, I make olive oil capsules to sell. I always make them with CCO or RSO it's the same thing. If you don't want any euphoria use Olive oil. If you do want to feel it use Coconut oil. Olive oil will allow the cannabinoids to pass through the liver without getting metabolized and head straight to the lymph nodes. I have tested my oil and it comes back at 77% pure. That is about as good as it is going to get. You want Everclear 190 proof to get that purity. If all you have is everclear 150 proof then your purity will about 65%. So 1 gram of 77% pure oil will contain 770 mg of cannabinoids. The potency of the flower will determine your yield of oil.
This is my complete method:
1. Decarb the flower at 240 degrees for 75 minutes.
2. Put the decarbed flower, quart mason jar and your everclear in the coldest freezer you have for at least 24 hours.
3. Put the frozen flower into the frozen mason jar and cover with the everclear.
4. Shake vigorously for 4 minutes.
5. Strain the mixture into another mason jar. You can use your MB2e strainer or a bubble bag. I use a bubble bag at 160 microns.
6. Dump the flower material back into the 1st mason jar and cover it with more everclear and shake for another 3 minutes.
7. Strain the 2nd run into the 1st mason jar with your previous mixture.
8. Discard the leftover flower material.
9. Put the everclear/oil mixture back into the deep freeze for at least another 24 hours. After 24 hours you should see the waxes have settled to the bottom of the jar.
10. Strain the mixture again with a coffee filter or I use my 73 micron bubble bag. All the stuff that settled in the jar we want to get rid of so don't shake the jar when you take it out of the freezer.
11. You are now ready to boil off the everclear. This is the dangerous part. Don't use an open flame. I have a still to recoup the alcohol. I doubt you have one so do this part outside if you can or in a well ventilated area. You want a double boil now. I put a big pot of water on an electric hot plate and bring it to a boil. Put a nonstick skillet that will fit nicely over the big pot of boiling water and add your oil mixture to the skillet. Once the everclear hits about 180 degrees it will start to boil off. Continue this process until most if not all of the bubbles disappear. You'll have a thick oil left, that's what we are after. While it's still warm draw it up into a syringe. You now have CCO or RSO.

If your flower is 20% on potency you'll end up with about 5 grams of finished oil. I use this method to confirm my lab results on flower.

Now you make your pills or take the oil directly. Put about a rice size glob on a piece of bread and put that under the tongue and don't swallow for as long as you can. You can also "tack" the oil to the gums. Some will get swallowed which is fine it just passes through the liver and takes a while to hit, kinda like an edible.

Here is my ratio and process for pills:
1. Do a smaller double boil and add 10ml of carrier oil per gram of cco in a glass dish. Let that get warm and add your CCO and mix until well blended.
2. Add another 45 ml of carrier oil per gram of CCO and 1 teaspoon of liquid sunflower lecithin per gram of CCO and mix until well blended. Mix it well!
3. let it cool to room temp and put the mixture into the fridge for at least 24 hours.
4. It will separate so take it out of the fridge and let it come up to room temp again and mix the hell out of it and put back in the fridge for another 24 hours. The fridge stage is really important for the lecithin to do it's magic.
5. Bring the mixture back to room temp again and mix well and fill "00" capsules using a 1 ml syringe. Each capsule holds about .9ml. Be sure to get the capsules for oils. Store the filled pills in the fridge.

The variable here for potency is the 1st amount of carrier oil you add. In the above example that is the 10ml/gram of CCO. I use the 10ml to start people out on and it seems to be the right dose. They can always take more. Olive oil will not harden in the fridge so mixing it coming out of the fridge is easy. If you use coconut oil you'll have to get it above 75 degrees to liquify it. You may have to heat it some to remix and to fill the pills.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Ok Duggs, I make olive oil capsules to sell. I always make them with CCO or RSO it's the same thing. If you don't want any euphoria use Olive oil. If you do want to feel it use Coconut oil. Olive oil will allow the cannabinoids to pass through the liver without getting metabolized and head straight to the lymph nodes. I have tested my oil and it comes back at 77% pure. That is about as good as it is going to get. You want Everclear 190 proof to get that purity. If all you have is everclear 150 proof then your purity will about 65%. So 1 gram of 77% pure oil will contain 770 mg of cannabinoids. The potency of the flower will determine your yield of oil.
2. Put the decarbed flower, quart mason jar and your everclear in the coldest freezer you have for at least 24 hours.
3. Put the frozen flower into the frozen mason jar and cover with the everclear.
5. Strain the mixture into another mason jar. You can use your MB2e strainer or a bubble bag. I use a bubble bag at 160 microns.
6. Dump the flower material back into the 1st mason jar and cover it with more everclear and shake for another 3 minutes.
9. Put the everclear/oil mixture back into the deep freeze for at least another 24 hours. After 24 hours you should see the waxes have settled to the bottom of the jar.
10. Strain the mixture again with a coffee filter or I use my 73 micron bubble bag. All the stuff that settled in the jar we want to get rid of so don't shake the jar when you take it out of the freezer.
11. You are now ready to boil off the everclear. This is the dangerous part. Don't use an open flame. I have a still to recoup the alcohol. I doubt you have one so do this part outside if you can or in a well ventilated area. You want a double boil now. I put a big pot of water on an electric hot plate and bring it to a boil. Put a nonstick skillet that will fit nicely over the big pot of boiling water and add your oil mixture to the skillet. Once the everclear hits about 180 degrees it will start to boil off. Continue this process until most if not all of the bubbles disappear. You'll have a thick oil left, that's what we are after. While it's still warm draw it up into a syringe. You now have CCO or RSO.

If your flower is 20% on potency you'll end up with about 5 grams of finished oil. I use this method to confirm my lab results on flower.

Now you make your pills or take the oil directly. Put about a rice size glob on a piece of bread and put that under the tongue and don't swallow for as long as you can. You can also "tack" the oil to the gums. Some will get swallowed which is fine it just passes through the liver and takes a while to hit, kinda like an edible.

1. Do a smaller double boil and add 10ml of carrier oil per gram of cco in a glass dish. Let that get warm and add your CCO and mix until well blended.
2. Add another 45 ml of carrier oil per gram of CCO and 1 teaspoon of liquid sunflower lecithin per gram of CCO and mix until well blended. Mix it well!
3. let it cool to room temp and put the mixture into the fridge for at least 24 hours.
4. It will separate so take it out of the fridge and let it come up to room temp again and mix the hell out of it and put back in the fridge for another 24 hours. The fridge stage is really important for the lecithin to do it's magic.
5. Bring the mixture back to room temp again and mix well and fill "00" capsules using a 1 ml syringe. Each capsule holds about .9ml. Be sure to get the capsules for oils. Store the filled pills in the fridge.

The variable here for potency is the 1st amount of carrier oil you add. In the above example that is the 10ml/gram of CCO. I use the 10ml to start people out on and it seems to be the right dose. They can always take more. Olive oil will not harden in the fridge so mixing it coming out of the fridge is easy. If you use coconut oil you'll have to get it above 75 degrees to liquify it. You may have to heat it some to remix and to fill the pills.

...awesome info Neiko!...:thanks::thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

Thanks This will come in very handy one day :goodjob:

More Notes :green_heart:

Thanks neiko - REPS! great help on the RSO/CCO. I cant access good grade alcohol here so haven’t tried it yet. But if ever get a distiller - ill be turning to your help there to make some..

Meantime, Duggan - IMHO the infused oil is much easier to make and the stuff I’ve made is supper effective on my pain... which I have a lot of, of different kinds (nerve and tiussue). It also worked for my partner post surgery and eventually replaced the opioids, with no additional ticking or topical.

I’ll post the step by step either here or on my thread it he next couple of days.

There are many less steps to the infused oil compared to the CCO. The CCO is purer for sure - but the infused oil is perfectly fine, and simpler to make. It involves 2 steps (decarb and 8hr infusion) and 24hrs in the fridge.

You can manipulate strength by dusting your ratio but my oil has approx 6mg per mil and I take between 2-4mg per dose. The 4mg makes me sleep all night :) I’m small but have some tolerance. You could make yours double strength, I know Sue does. So that would be 2g per oz of oil. Which would be perfect for 2 cups in the MB2e with the 32g of bud you’re talking about.

Have you got the lecithin yet? - it’s an important part of bioavailability, like ween said.

ANd yeah, like Hook said - the MB2e is 2cups minimum. Which is a lot actually.

Thanks again neiko - that method for CCO will definitely be in my future.

Oh and it’s not exactly true that the EVOliveOil version doesn’t get you high or stoned - it totally can. The coconut oil is faster and more effective from a getting high point of view - but if have a big dose of my oil, i’m Very whacked ;)

:Namaste:

Neiko. Your an angel thanks for the knowledge. Lord knows I've messed up my process enough times trying to see what works.

Awesome info Neiko, Krip, Amy and everyone else! I tried some EVOO infused and did not feel a thing. Thought it was a bad batch.gonna try the coconut oil orally so I know how much it takes to get me silly (which I don't like) and then take the same amount as a suppository becausevive been told you get no euphoria that way and I want to test that.

Awesome info Neiko, Krip, Amy and everyone else! I tried some EVOO infused and did not feel a thing. Thought it was a bad batch.gonna try the coconut oil orally so I know how much it takes to get me silly (which I don't like) and then take the same amount as a suppository becausevive been told you get no euphoria that way and I want to test that.
True ween - just make sure you research how far that suppository is supposed to go. Too far and it will make you very high! There’s a ‘sweetspot’ ... so to speak :rofl: ...

Did you de-carb first? That would be most likely cause of not feeling anything! ;)

As many things as you make from cannabis, I am a little surprised you have never made capsules or topicals.

Actually I am a little surprised I haven't made any topicals yet. The caps help me sleep at night with constant lower back pain, but haven't attempted the topicals to date. I need to do this, VanStank gave out his recipe based on magnus version, but instead of using just percentages, he listed amounts in cups and ounces.

I don't think he would mind me sharing it.. so....
OK....So, this is how you figure you the dosing:

I believe the minimum amount of oil required in the MB2 is 4 cups, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

1) 1 cup of oil is 240 ml so 4 cups is 960 ml
2) You've got 35000 mg of bud at (roughly!) 20% THC, so you've got a total of 7,000 mg of THC
3) If you are able to extract 80% of that (you won't get it all!), you'll have 5,600 mg of THC in a little less than 960 ml of oil ( you can measure your actual yield!), which means, each ML of oil will have about 5.8 mg.
4) The #00 caps hold .78 mg (or ml) so each cap will have about a 4.5 mg dose (5.8 mg x 0.78)

A recreational dose is up to 10 mg, so they can start at one cap and work their way up from there, but will likely end up needing something like 3-4 caps to really get pain relief (at least, once they build up some tolerance).
...that sounds like more work than just using grape seed oil, unless you're making it regularly, then it could make sense to have such a variety on hand...I would also using multi layered cheese cloth tied or taped over a bowl to strain your oil...using the MB2 filter, I found messy and a PITA...minimum is 2 cups for MB2, and as Amy said 8 hours will be better...#00 caps are cheap on the zon, but just using a calibrated dropper/syringe will work and easy tochart doses to find whats effective...my .02...cheerz...:rollit::passitleft:

Thanks neiko - REPS! great help on the RSO/CCO. I cant access good grade alcohol here so haven’t tried it yet. But if ever get a distiller - ill be turning to your help there to make some..

Meantime, Duggan - IMHO the infused oil is much easier to make and the stuff I’ve made is supper effective on my pain... which I have a lot of, of different kinds (nerve and tiussue). It also worked for my partner post surgery and eventually replaced the opioids, with no additional ticking or topical.

I’ll post the step by step either here or on my thread it he next couple of days.

There are many less steps to the infused oil compared to the CCO. The CCO is purer for sure - but the infused oil is perfectly fine, and simpler to make. It involves 2 steps (decarb and 8hr infusion) and 24hrs in the fridge.

You can manipulate strength by dusting your ratio but my oil has approx 6mg per mil and I take between 2-4mg per dose. The 4mg makes me sleep all night :) I’m small but have some tolerance. You could make yours double strength, I know Sue does. So that would be 2g per oz of oil. Which would be perfect for 2 cups in the MB2e with the 32g of bud you’re talking about.

Have you got the lecithin yet? - it’s an important part of bioavailability, like ween said.

ANd yeah, like Hook said - the MB2e is 2cups minimum. Which is a lot actually.

Thanks again neiko - that method for CCO will definitely be in my future.

Oh and it’s not exactly true that the EVOliveOil version doesn’t get you high or stoned - it totally can. The coconut oil is faster and more effective from a getting high point of view - but if have a big dose of my oil, i’m Very whacked ;)

:Namaste:
True ween - just make sure you research how far that suppository is supposed to go. Too far and it will make you very high! There’s a ‘sweetspot’ ... so to speak :rofl: ...

Wow,,so much info! Thank you all very , very much , especially Amy and Neiko! I'm just gettin to my PC now , as i had the boys for their Wed. night supper. Now i have other things to do . Not much time to respond or talk about the oil thing , but i am very unsure of how i wanna do it.
more on the oil later. Right now , i wanna know who put these.......

in my grow room......:reading420magazine:
As you all can see, i still have some room ,but,...but...but!
These Sativas can NOT be slowed down ...they bounce right back and laugh at me....bahhh!
This canopy is as level , as i could get it. Some leaders just went bananas ...while i slept...WTF!
The last couple pics show a main that i SC'd a few times ...only to check it the next day to find them like this...fully recovered ..and laughing at me...requesting more water and food....! :rofl: I will say this...these strains love our soil....go figure eh! If i can manage these,..there will be plenty of buds..LMFAO!

Now that's some stretch. Don't blink.
Yup...check it out eh Derbs...just imagine how big these would be if they were never topped ,..or LST'd!!! Do it...imagine it. :passitleft:They would be over ten feet tall...no guff!..cheers Derbs..:rollit:
Welcome to the unruly Sativa club! Lol
Oh ..but i'm already a long term member of that club.:passitleft: Most recent Sativas ...look at that one pic ...the one with a few harvest results showing.on the 4x4 post...The Desfran was just like these, look in that journal,..near the end, .
Gonna get fun......:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom