InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Great tips here in the last few days, Shed! The fabric pot removal and cleaning, the DankClips, and the salve!

On the topic of topicals, broadly, have people found good ratios of THC to CBD for muscular pain?

Or, even more generally, what the different effects THC and CBD have on pain?

Great tips here in the last few days, Shed! The fabric pot removal and cleaning, the DankClips, and the salve!

On the topic of topicals, broadly, have people found good ratios of THC to CBD for muscular pain?

StankClips®! DankClips is a good name but I like to give credit to @Van Stank who gave me the technique :).

I'm still testing the combination of CBD and THC oil for pain, so I will be reporting back on that once I accumulate enough data. I'm pretty sure that @Amy Gardner recommends a 1:1 ratio for pain. Keep in mind that the oil is not absorbed below the layer of skin, so it's targeting the nerve endings just under the skin and doesn't actually reach the muscle.

Obviously giving a muscle a nice massage of oil might make it feel better on its own! The key seems to be to find the nerve endings that are transmitting the pain to the brain, and many of those run through the MDR at the point where the spinal column meets the cervical vertebrae. Always include that spot with applying pain oil.

Hi syenite.

Sue told us that THC works on pain and CBD works on inflammation. I personally use Hash Plant for my pain cream and it's approximately 12% THC and 4% CBD.

There's also a thread on topicals that might be more beneficial:

Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

StankClips®! DankClips is a good name but I like to give credit to @Van Stank who gave me the technique :).

Omg. I think I got mine from AliExpress, same with my SaugerView.

I'm still testing the combination of CBD and THC oil for pain, so I will be reporting back on that once I accumulate enough data. I'm pretty sure that @Amy Gardner recommends a 1:1 ratio for pain. Keep in mind that the oil is not absorbed below the layer of skin, so it's targeting the nerve endings just under the skin and doesn't actually reach the muscle.

Obviously giving a muscle a nice massage of oil might make it feel better on its own! The key seems to be to find the nerve endings that are transmitting the pain to the brain, and many of those run through the MDR at the point where the spinal column meets the cervical vertebrae. Always include that spot with applying pain oil.

Hi syenite.

Sue told us that THC works on pain and CBD works on inflammation. I personally use Hash Plant for my pain cream and it's approximately 12% THC and 4% CBD.

There's also a thread on topicals that might be more beneficial:

Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Thank you both!! Incredible intel. I'll go investigate SweetSue and Magnus8's posts now. :Namaste:

:high-five:

While we wait for Amy...my info re CBD and inflammation comes from SS in various place here:

• I’m suggesting that decarbed and finely-powdered bud would be a good way to get CBD into you. All disease is rooted in inflammation, so CBD is a win/win in my mind. A simple infused oil will do the trick. That’s an easy piece of canna kitchen alchemy.
• It's CBD and b-caryophyllene that are sought after for treating inflammation
• CBD works on clearing inflammation to depress the chances of continuing pain
• CBD will work on clearing out the inflammation. I feel it’s of value to everyone. I look at it like a daily supplement.

Of course, she's been wrong about some things, but she was very adamant about CBD working as an anti-inflammatory when taken internally over time.

While we wait for Amy...my info re CBD and inflammation comes from SS in various place here:

• I’m suggesting that decarbed and finely-powdered bud would be a good way to get CBD into you. All disease is rooted in inflammation, so CBD is a win/win in my mind. A simple infused oil will do the trick. That’s an easy piece of canna kitchen alchemy.
• It's CBD and b-caryophyllene that are sought after for treating inflammation
• CBD works on clearing inflammation to depress the chances of continuing pain
• CBD will work on clearing out the inflammation. I feel it’s of value to everyone. I look at it like a daily supplement.

Of course, she's been wrong about some things, but she was very adamant about CBD working as an anti-inflammatory when taken internally over time.

I'm not disputing that CBD treats inflammation when taken internally. I'm saying that I'm sure that she said that CBD was important in topicals, too. I think it was somewhere on Magnus' thread .

While we're on the subject of applying oil to the skin, keep in mind that the oils we make with either THC or CBD are not absorbed below the layers of skin, so its direct effect on muscle inflammation is nil. Here is a study regarding THC and topicals:

However, transdermal applications of CBD through the skin will benefit arthritis, as mentioned in this article:

They state:
"Transdermal CBD gel significantly reduced joint swelling, limb posture scores as a rating of spontaneous pain, immune cell infiltration and thickening of the synovial membrane in a dose-dependent manner."

That said, look at what it takes to make the CBD into a transdermal gel:
"All gels, including vehicle controls, were prepared by weighing the desired amount of CBD (gift from NIDA) and dissolving it in ethanol (72.5% w/w). Once dissolved, nanopure water (Barntead NANOpure® Diamond™ ultrapure filtration system, Dubuque, IA, USA) was added followed by isopropyl myristate (Fisher Scientific, Fairlawn, NJ, USA). Carbopol® 980 polymere (Noveon Inc., Cleveland, OH, USA) was added (0.9% w/w) and the solution sonicated for 10 min to ensure complete incorporation of the Carbopol® 980. Polymerization of Carbopol ® 980 to form the hydroalcoholic gel was initiated by adding sodium hydroxide (0.1 N). Gels were then sonicated for 10 min, loaded into 1 mL syringes and sealed. Gels made just prior to the initial dosing were used for the entire week since no degradation was observed and plasma CBD concentration remained constant."

This is well beyond what we are doing at home!

While we're on the subject of applying oil to the skin, keep in mind that the oils we make with either THC or CBD are not absorbed below the layers of skin, so its direct effect on muscle inflammation is nil. Here is a study regarding THC and topicals:

However, transdermal applications of CBD through the skin will benefit arthritis, as mentioned in this article:

They state:
"Transdermal CBD gel significantly reduced joint swelling, limb posture scores as a rating of spontaneous pain, immune cell infiltration and thickening of the synovial membrane in a dose-dependent manner."

That said, look at what it takes to make the CBD into a transdermal gel:
"All gels, including vehicle controls, were prepared by weighing the desired amount of CBD (gift from NIDA) and dissolving it in ethanol (72.5% w/w). Once dissolved, nanopure water (Barntead NANOpure® Diamond™ ultrapure filtration system, Dubuque, IA, USA) was added followed by isopropyl myristate (Fisher Scientific, Fairlawn, NJ, USA). Carbopol® 980 polymere (Noveon Inc., Cleveland, OH, USA) was added (0.9% w/w) and the solution sonicated for 10 min to ensure complete incorporation of the Carbopol® 980. Polymerization of Carbopol ® 980 to form the hydroalcoholic gel was initiated by adding sodium hydroxide (0.1 N). Gels were then sonicated for 10 min, loaded into 1 mL syringes and sealed. Gels made just prior to the initial dosing were used for the entire week since no degradation was observed and plasma CBD concentration remained constant."

This is well beyond what we are doing at home!
I don't know, Shed. I tend to sonicate for 20 minutes. :rofl:

Your topping explanation is going to come in handy for when I try growing my first photo, :thanks: . I've got a pretty suspect looking Gorilla Glue fem seed I'm planning on dropping in a couple of weeks, hoping it will germ and give me something to focus on over winter. :yummy:

Today's update is one pic, of the Candida cuttings. They've have been uncovered for 12 hours now so I think I can call them clones :).

If they look shiny it's because I just sprayed them with my castille soap spray for aphids and PM. Once they get older I'll use the citric acid spray on them for the PM, but I thought I would tread lightly at this age.

I need three for the GA3 reversal process (at three different dilutions) and I'll be gifting (or tossing) the rest.

Hell that's a lot more than i can even congur up for my little pissy ass brain
The stuff on the NIH site is written in very detailed scientific language, but there is good info buried in those articles. Ask any questions on the subject and I'll try to get you a plain-English answer!
I don't know, Shed. I tend to sonicate for 20 minutes.
And I bet it works :).
Your topping explanation is going to come in handy for when I try growing my first photo, :thanks: . I've got a pretty suspect looking Gorilla Glue fem seed I'm planning on dropping in a couple of weeks, hoping it will germ and give me something to focus on over winter.
Glad to help WL! I look forward to seeing that sprout and grow for ya. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom