InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Lol I like your style VG!
Ah, thank you!
I was cantankerous at a young age.

Yeah pretty much an autobiography but that can be said about a vast majority of this generation, Z(ed). :rofl:

like Smokey said, I like your style VG! I think you handled that very well! :high-five:
My principal laughed at the situation and I assume the idiotic mistake my teacher made but he still punished me for being argumentative and humiliating her.
I stand by my actions. It was totally worth it!
Oof! My daughter's 1st grade teacher handed out vocabulary sheets each week, and at the bottom they all said "Practice these words everyday!" I decided not to correct her because it might have changed her feelings toward my kid. If this had been middle school I probably would have mentioned it.
We are having that very same dilemma right now. Is it worth it?
On one hand I don't want my kids learning how to spell incorrectly for obvious reasons. OTOH I don't want my child to experience any spite because of it.

I like you more and more all the time! :rofl:
:love: :hug::love:

I really need to touch base here at least once a day. This is a little ridiculous but hey, I didn't start it. :battingeyelashes: I couldn't read the posts in order to sort the comments ahead of time so I apologize that my comments might not be consecutive. And, I'm high of course, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Never mind, it's far too complicated. These are the key comments I wanted to make:

• There were pages and pages of posts I :laughtwo: out loud at. When did this journal get so funny? Has it always been this funny and I'm just noticing now or is there something in the air? :Rasta:
  • First re Shed's post below, when you posted what the teacher wrote and you deciding not to correct her, I was thinking about asking what you thought the error was but I figured that's what you were talking about. However, did you know that in British English, which Canada uses along with other countries in Commonwealth countries, the word "practice" would also be deemed as wrong? In British English, "practice with a "c" at the end is a noun while "practise" with an "s" at the end is the verb so the sentence below here at least should be "Practise these words every day." :)
Oof! My daughter's 1st grade teacher handed out vocabulary sheets each week, and at the bottom they all said "Practice these words everyday!" I decided not to correct her because it might have changed her feelings toward my kid. If this had been middle school I probably would have mentioned it.

I decided to teach my kid the difference between "everyday" and "every day" and leave the teacher to live in ignorance. :cheesygrinsmiley: I also had to teach my kids that we are not actually descendants of Adam and Eve!
Lol I like your style VG!
Amy Gardner:
I like you more and more all the time!

Yeah pretty much an autobiography but that can be said about a vast majority of this generation, Z(ed). :rofl:

like Smokey said, I like your style VG! I think you handled that very well! :high-five:

• What they said above? Goes for me, too. I like someone who stands up for what she believes especially when they're entirely in the right. I was given detention for a week once because I skipped school to help a friend who had run away from home and I didn't regret helping her one little bit. :high-five: VG!

Ah, thank you!
I was cantankerous at a young age.

My principal laughed at the situation and I assume the idiotic mistake my teacher made but he still punished me for being argumentative and humiliating her.
I stand by my actions. It was totally worth it!

Early in the days of bulletin boards and IRC, etc, I saw someone post "Your a looser!" o_O

I almost did a spit-take all over my keyboard. It's been good for a private guffaw ever since. :rofl:

My sure am, I guess.

Before browsers even! :headbanger: They ran on servers on someone's dining table and you had to know the url and enter it manually each time. Way back in that previous Century. Before cell phones, even, if that can be grasped. I had one of the first 100 DSL lines in the city, 'cause I was close enough to the central office switch. :cheesygrinsmiley: I was on Prodigy, heheh.

Geez, I suddenly feel kinda old ...

:bongrip:

I loved BBSing. I spent a lot of late nights BBSing and "chatting" online with the BBS hosts. You got to know the ones on your favourite websites. It was great!

So much there, so little time!
However, did you know that in British English, which Canada uses along with other countries in Commonwealth countries, the word "practice" would also be deemed as wrong?
I am well aware of the spelling differences as I am currently married to a Brit! But since the teacher was American there was no spelling error in that sentence, just the use of an adjective rather than an adjective and a noun.

We also don't have all those extra u's floating about in flavor or endeavor, nor an extra syllable in aluminum. :cheesygrinsmiley:
When did this journal get so funny?
Since I surrounded myself with funny folks!
:circle-of-love:

Hi all! I was a sub teacher, special ed,K-12, for a while. I was watching my grandkids distance learning and on top of the other ridiculous problems you all have mentioned, one thing really stuck out....teachers need more training, I know, duh, but it was soooooo fucking boring, disconnected and non-informative. I believe most teachers are doing what they can but this has illuminated the importance of enthusiasm and more active teaching styles.

So much there, so little time!

I am well aware of the spelling differences as I am currently married to a Brit! But since the teacher was American there was no spelling error in that sentence, just the use of an adjective rather than an adjective and a noun.

We also don't have all those extra u's floating about in flavor or endeavor, nor an extra syllable in aluminum. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Since I surrounded myself with funny folks!
:circle-of-love:
A loo min ee um!

No doubt HG! But the opportunities for those in the states without a BA are much more limited than for those with one. No matter what he decides to do for a living, having a BA will open a lot more doors for him.
Hey Shed, I know this was pages and pages ago, but I just wanted to chime in with the other side of the coin: I have a BA and went to massage school, while I am technically a licensed LMT.... I’m a stay at home mom. (BTW I’m still paying off the student loans from my BA) I don’t at all disagree with your opinion, it is accurate. Just giving some food for thought on the the flip side of a somewhat useless degree.

Back to biz - I read back 3+ pages and didn’t see any pics, except for one Candida... gotta go back further!

Hey Shed, I know this was pages and pages ago, but I just wanted to chime in with the other side of the coin: I have a BA and went to massage school, while I am technically a licensed LMT.... I’m a stay at home mom. (BTW I’m still paying off the student loans from my BA) I don’t at all disagree with your opinion, it is accurate. Just giving some food for thought on the the flip side of a somewhat useless degree.

Back to biz - I read back 3+ pages and didn’t see any pics, except for one Candida... gotta go back further!
I was once a massage therapist. The spa fired me because they claimed I rubbed people the wrong way. :Rasta:

How about a flip day 1 Sunday night update?

Getting a bit bigger than I had intended, here are the winter two on flip day 1 (77 day veg):
CG2 left, DP right.

And for the record, here are their recorded heights this morning:

Colombian Gold @ 29" to the top node:

Durban Poison @ 34" to the top node:

Because yes, I do have full-sized plants on the go. :surf:
Found it! Only had to go back 6 pages. Lol, only in Shed’s journal. The winter two are looking lovely and those candidas too! Maybe I missed it, what size are the plastic pots the candidas are in?

Hi all! I was a sub teacher, special ed,K-12, for a while. I was watching my grandkids distance learning and on top of the other ridiculous problems you all have mentioned, one thing really stuck out....teachers need more training, I know, duh, but it was soooooo fucking boring, disconnected and non-informative. I believe most teachers are doing what they can but this has illuminated the importance of enthusiasm and more active teaching styles.
Let me start by saying "thank you!" for working as a sub, which has to be one of the most disrespected of all jobs in school...at least by the students anyway! And in terms of remote learning, you are spot on. Some teachers have the energy to captivate a class in person, but can't sustain it when sitting and staring into a camera. It's certainly nothing anyone trained for, and may not even be teachable.
Lol. Catching up on the last few pages is hilarious. God I missed the community!!
We aim to please Vex. :)
Well since i quiet scool inthe 10 garde and whent to work to by shituuf I havent a clue >>><<< Nicey Plant S
Thanky for that sb!
A loo min ee um!
Seriously...why?
Whether you are a stay at home mom or an LMT, I believe that having been through classwork and commitment required to get a BA has benefited you in countless ways that don't show anywhere in your current annual income. As someone who double majored and therefore ended up with two useless degrees, I still think that there are enormous benefits to college. That said, going deeply into debt to get there is a cost-benefit conversation that is entirely different.
Sorry! I don't find my plants interesting enough at the moment to take many pictures of them. :rolleyes:
I was once a massage therapist. The spa fired me because they claimed I rubbed people the wrong way.
You have been hanging on to that one just waiting for the right occasion!
Found it! Only had to go back 6 pages. Lol, only in Shed’s journal. The winter two are looking lovely and those candidas too! Maybe I missed it, what size are the plastic pots the candidas are in?
They are in what passes for 1g nursery pots here, though when I bought 1g nursery pots off Amazon a few months ago they turned out to be about 25% bigger around. So...no clue! I can measure them if that will help any.

They are in what passes for 1g nursery pots here, though when I bought 1g nursery pots off Amazon a few months ago they turned out to be about 25% bigger around. So...no clue! I can measure them if that will help any.
Nope! That was plenty helpful, I believe I’ve seen them on amazon too.
Sorry! I don't find my plants interesting enough at the moment to take many pictures of them. :rolleyes:
As Boo would say: Ridiculous!!

Back
Top Bottom