InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Good choices for the Spring grow!

More GF? ..Maybe my overdose was a good thing?
I OD'd my first plant too and only got yellowing of the leaf tips. May be something to that.

Shed, are you using Mr. Sauga's "equivalent of" dosages? :Rasta:

...I'm not familiar with GF, but given that a lot of Cal Mag brands also have a percentage of Nitrogen, perhaps a shot of that could help?...

...getting my first Pfizer shot manana' under "at risk" protocol's...missus' h00k gets her's in 2 weeks...whoot!...only draw back, second shots won't be till August... :rolleyes: :hmmmm:...

...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Highya ITS,

I'll venture a guess. Looking at a chart, magnesiun deficiency came closest on the charts. Of course it looks like nitrogen also, so it's your guess. I bet Mr. Sauga would know, looking at your nutes. He's the man!! Happy Smokin'

I just started a grow with the GF.
4 GG#4 autos.
I didn’t amend the soil w/gf before I planted the seeds.
#1 & #2 plant are doing ok and the other 2 not so well.
#3 has been sickly and yellow from the start.
the 4th is a runt and I just noticed yellowing on her this AM just before lights out.
#’s 2-3 & 4 just had their first feeding of gf veg on Tuesday at 14 days.
#1 plant is 26 days is doing fine never any issues and ready for her 2nd feeding.

Now i foliar feed all 4 plants daily with a fish emulsion 5-1-1 that I would presume should be getting them the extra nitrogen. But I’m no expert. I also watered all the plants up to their 1st feeding with it.

I’m now having a tendency to believe maybe the runt and the sickly need a stronger dose. I got scared this morning and emptied my sprayer of the emulsion thinking maybe that was the problem then I see this with @InTheShed Here is a photo I took this morning of the runt.

77FCF924-418C-4AE7-90B7-EA20A2873DB2.jpeg

I think maybe you just need to feed it more. Carcass “over fed” his with no ill affects. The GF veg nute’s NPK is 5-3-4 which isn’t a lot compared to something like MC or some of Jack’s stuff. Also, 4% of the N is insoluble, so maybe it‘s not getting what it needs fast enough like it does with something like MC.

Allegedly....

For those who don't know what we're talking about, check out the post here! Thanks to all for your help and wisdom:

I just started one on geoflora to combat yellowing bottom leaves. I'm just a one small plant pony with this stuff and that didn't happen so I wouldn't know. One question is did you feed enough?
I didn't blend in the GF when I transplanted it, but I did top dress and scratch it in with what I thought was correct for a 1 gallon pot: 3 Tbs.
Good choices for the Spring grow!
Thanks Carcass!
More GF? ..Maybe my overdose was a good thing?
Maybe. I have enough on hand to feel comfortable adding more. :)
I OD'd my first plant too and only got yellowing of the leaf tips. May be something to that.

Shed, are you using Mr. Sauga's "equivalent of" dosages?
I wonder if it's one of those "you need to use more in ProMix HP because we only tested it with soil" kind of things, the way Vulx turned out.

For the Blue Planet nute plants, I am running a nitrogen equivalent to MC based on the advice and training of @MrSauga . I now have enough experience that I run hydrobuddy without any hand-holding these days!
I'm not familiar with GF, but given that a lot of Cal Mag brands also have a percentage of Nitrogen, perhaps a shot of that could help?
Unfortunately, the cal-mag I just bought is 0-0-0, but I have some 8-0-0 cal mag as well. Though if I have to start mixing stuff into the nute water, I'm tempted to just mix nutes instead. We'll see...
getting my first Pfizer shot manana' under "at risk" protocol's...missus' h00k gets her's in 2 weeks...whoot!...only draw back, second shots won't be till August
:yahoo: on the getting the first one tomorrow, and I hope that the Canadian supply gets rolling a lot faster so you don't have to wait until August for the second. :eek:
I'll venture a guess. Looking at a chart, magnesiun deficiency came closest on the charts. Of course it looks like nitrogen also, so it's your guess.
I always figured Mg to start between the veins rather than the tips, so it could be something easy like nitrogen.
I bet Mr. Sauga would know, looking at your nutes. He's the man!!
My nutes for this are GF! All there is to look at is brown pellets that smell like shit. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I didn’t amend the soil w/gf before I planted the seeds.
#1 & #2 plant are doing ok and the other 2 not so well.
#3 has been sickly and yellow from the start.
the 4th is a runt and I just noticed yellowing on her this AM just before lights out.
That's quite a range of health Nev. Things that make you go hmmmm...

And I'm not a foliar nute sprayer type. Just for pests and PM. :)
Here is a photo I took this morning of the runt.
Sure is paler than the plant to the right of it. Maybe more GF, maybe cal-mag with N. We'll sort this out...
I think maybe you just need to feed it more. Carcass “over fed” his with no ill affects. The GF veg nute’s NPK is 5-3-4 which isn’t a lot compared to something like MC or some of Jack’s stuff. Also, 4% of the N is insoluble, so maybe it‘s not getting what it needs fast enough like it does with something like MC.
Thanks BigD! That's starting to sound like the best bet before I start adding N or cal-mag to the mix. I did the last top dress last weekend, but I'll give it more tomorrow.
Wasn’t there supposed to be a new geoflora help thread starting?
Allegedly....
:reading420magazine:
Didn't @Virgin Ground have a problem similar to that with the Geoflora? :hmmmm:
She did, but I think she decided it was a cal-mag deficiency, and I think she is using the same 0-0-0 that I use. I could be wrong as there are a number of plants in a number of locations in a number of journals, so I find it hard to keep track. ;)

@Nev
Just got fed and are yellow? How many days has it been?

It takes one to two weeks for the GF to be in full swing.

Some plants I use the 0-0-0 cal-mag. If I feel they are too yellow or need help transitioning after transplant I use the 4-0-0 Sensi Xtra. The 0-0-0 I use for flowering plants that I feel are green enough. I also top dress the appropriate amount for the previous pot right after transplant. I put it over the rootball.

The rep was on last week. I'll shoot another email and perhaps kick this off myself. Not sure what the hold up is.

@Nev
Just got fed and are yellow? How many days has it been?
It takes one to two weeks for the GF to be in full swing.
Some plants I use the 0-0-0 cal-mag. If I feel they are too yellow or need help transitioning after transplant I use the 4-0-0 Sensi Xtra. The 0-0-0 I use for flowering plants that I feel are green enough. I also top dress the appropriate amount for the previous pot right after transplant. I put it over the rootball.
The rep was on last week. I'll shoot another email and perhaps kick this off myself. Not sure what the hold up is.
My plant, look at my plant too!
:thanks:
VG.
Hi Shed. So, it just occurred to me......those plants are roughly 55 days old and they are just recently showing their sex? Oof! I’ve got some regs I wanted to try this summer (outdoors). Should I have already started them? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Not everyone's plants take as long to show sex as mine seem to! But I'll be starting my summer grow (at least 2 fems) in a couple of weeks. Where will you be keeping them before you put them outside, and when can you safely do that?

I should mention that with all I'm doing that the plant still looks a little rough for about a week. Rough in this instance would be some droopiness and yellowing. I removed a leaf or two but they bounced back.

I should also,also mention that I added ewc ,mykos and microbes to my Pro Mix this go around. I think the GF can be run with straight P Mix but it does much better with a good quality soil that can retain a bit more water. This helped them a lot from what I'm observing. My Ghost Train Haze and Skywalker Og were transplanted a week or so ago.....

I still water mine a little every day.

Pay no attention to their untrained and unruly butts.

This is the Sirius Black that just got transplanted. You can see how she is a little droopy and discolored. I can see today that she is perking up...

These pics are from a few days ago. Lights are off right now.

My plant, look at my plant too!
VG.
Also, also, also....oh crap. Sorry.
I missed that. I was summoned into the convo.

Where will you be keeping them before you put them outside, and when can you safely do that?
My plan was to get them started in my little cabinet for a week or two and then move them outside. We should have decent overnight temps by May and if for some reason we don’t I would put them in the basement overnight when needed. I do not want them in the Playhouse for more than they need to be. Just to be safe.

For those who don't know what we're talking about, check out the post here! Thanks to all for your help and wisdom:

I didn't blend in the GF when I transplanted it, but I did top dress and scratch it in with what I thought was correct for a 1 gallon pot: 3 Tbs.

Thanks Carcass!

Maybe. I have enough on hand to feel comfortable adding more. :)

I wonder if it's one of those "you need to use more in ProMix HP because we only tested it with soil" kind of things, the way Vulx turned out.

For the Blue Planet nute plants, I am running a nitrogen equivalent to MC based on the advice and training of @MrSauga . I now have enough experience that I run hydrobuddy without any hand-holding these days!

Unfortunately, the cal-mag I just bought is 0-0-0, but I have some 8-0-0 cal mag as well. Though if I have to start mixing stuff into the nute water, I'm tempted to just mix nutes instead. We'll see...

:yahoo: on the getting the first one tomorrow, and I hope that the Canadian supply gets rolling a lot faster so you don't have to wait until August for the second. :eek:

I always figured Mg to start between the veins rather than the tips, so it could be something easy like nitrogen.

My nutes for this are GF! All there is to look at is brown pellets that smell like shit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's quite a range of health Nev. Things that make you go hmmmm...

And I'm not a foliar nute sprayer type. Just for pests and PM. :)

Sure is paler than the plant to the right of it. Maybe more GF, maybe cal-mag with N. We'll sort this out...

Thanks BigD! That's starting to sound like the best bet before I start adding N or cal-mag to the mix. I did the last top dress last weekend, but I'll give it more tomorrow.

:reading420magazine:

She did, but I think she decided it was a cal-mag deficiency, and I think she is using the same 0-0-0 that I use. I could be wrong as there are a number of plants in a number of locations in a number of journals, so I find it hard to keep track. ;)
I didn't blend in the GF when I transplanted it,
I think that's it.

I pre-treated my ProMix with (too much)GF 28 days before I transplanted into it- I don't have any
yellowing- not yet anyway...

I think the GF can be run with straight P Mix but it does much better with a good quality soil that can retain a bit more water.
Thanks VG, that's what I was thinking, since your ProMix holds more water than mine to begin with. Having gone through this with Vulx I'm getting the feeling that HP needs more of these types of products.
This helped them a lot from what I'm observing.
Pay no attention to their untrained and unruly butts.
Wait what? Dayum...
You can see how she is a little droopy and discolored. I can see today that she is perking up...
Looks overwatered to me, but watering more often is a thing with GF it seems. I watered both my GF plants this morning, about two days earlier than I normally would.
Also, also, also....oh crap. Sorry.
I missed that. I was summoned into the convo.
Do I have to tag you on every post? :hmmmm:
My plan was to get them started in my little cabinet for a week or two and then move them outside. We should have decent overnight temps by May and if for some reason we don’t I would put them in the basement overnight when needed. I do not want them in the Playhouse for more than they need to be. Just to be safe.
Right...the old in-and-out leaves you open to bugs, at least that's what I learned in the 70s. Let me know when you decide to drop them and we can sync up!
I think that's it.
Interesting! I wasn't sure which one I was going to try the GF on until after transplant, and now I'm switching #1 over to GF so it doesn't have any in the soil either. But even with it in the soil you're supposed to top-dress after two weeks, so maybe the GF will catch up eventually.
I pre-treated my ProMix with (too much)GF 28 days before I transplanted into it- I don't have any yellowing- not yet anyway...
Well it seems like pre-mixing at transplant is an important step!

Could it be as simple as nitrogen, and what would I do with GF to fix that?
Cal-mag xtra or a bit of blood meal?
More GF?Ewc topdress? What do you have on hand aside from the GF and some MC....and all of the other nutes you have in your own personal hydro store??

It def doesn't look overfed.
Do I have to tag you on every post? :hmmmm:

Mebbe.... :p
I'm a very busy woman at present.

Cal-mag xtra or a bit of blood meal?
More GF?Ewc topdress? What do you have on hand aside from the GF and some MC....and all of the other nutes you have in your own personal hydro store??
It def doesn't look overfed.
I've got the Blue Planet 8-0-0 cal-mag powder, and the TPS cal-mag 0-0-0. Only the BP cal-mag is N only.

So not an every-two-weeks-ignore-the-rest-of-the-time feeding schedule then...
Mebbe.... :p I'm a very busy woman at present.
Then mebbe I will!

So not an every-two-weeks-ignore-the-rest-of-the-time feeding schedule then...
Lost in the dark is more apt.

I'm just experimenting at this stage. I have two that I harvested with just the GF a little cal-mag and Pro Mix. They are both really loud smelling and didn't have too many problems but I feel that I can do better and hopefully the changes I've made will work out in the end.

Then mebbe I will!
Then maybe you shoooood.:laughtwo:

I'm happily at your disposal. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom