InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Did you look at chicken coop heaters? I believe that the flat panel was originally designed as a poultry heater. You may get more options on the Zon with that search criteria.
Thank you for that VG (I know it wasn't directed at me, but it wasn't something I hadn't considered). That fits perfectly with some current (grow tent), and future needs (chicken coop).

Thursday update with some pics of the lovely Chiquita Banana, along with some other bits and bobs!

Let's get to the CB (from @Weed Seeds Express) on flip day 53:

Here is the Sour G's proof-of-existence:

I will scope the trichomes on both of these tomorrow, along with the seedless Candida (which I'm sure is done). I'll be harvesting something this weekend!

The lemon seed is growing nicely!

As promised yesterday, here are the three Sour G clones:

I have no idea what to do with that tall one still in a 1 gallon pot! I'm waiting for the other two to get bigger so I can spray one with STS and then flip both.

And finally, here are the Candida cuttings after 19 days. Only one has a root:

I tossed a couple and put the others back in the perlite to see how they go. For the record, I just cut them and stuck them in perlite without scraping the bottoms or even cutting the nodes off with a razor. No matter, I'm just testing out different methods to see which works best for me!

That's it for today, and I hope you're having a good week. Tomorrow will be all trichomes, so stay tuned. :)

Quotes:
Did you look at chicken coop heaters? I believe that the flat panel was originally designed as a poultry heater. You may get more options on the Zon with that search criteria.
I did, thanks! The Cozy Legs company makes a Cozy Coop product that actually cuts off at a lower temperature than the one for humans (to keep the poultry from cooking earlier than planned I guess).

I checked this morning and I can probably squeeze a radiator-style one in there at the near end which will allow me to use it in the house when not needed in the shed, so I may grab one from Home Depot on the way home tonight. More wattage but hopefully not on for as long.
Thank you for that VG (I know it wasn't directed at me, but it wasn't something I hadn't considered). That fits perfectly with some current (grow tent), and future needs (chicken coop).
VG is full of great info!

I was looking at heater options last fall. There seemed to be quite a few models available. The low profile was a plus.
VG is full of great info!
I am?
I was looking at those tube heaters and figured they would be pretty easy to make. Pvc, PVC cement,silicone and an aquarium heater.

Just a bucket with an aquarium heater works too. I'd cut a place for the cord out of the top and tape around it to seal.
Then when you're not using your heater you can quickly disassemble and stow it away.
If you only had one plant you could just set it on top of the bucket.

If you want something with a bit more risk involved you can take some Xmas lights and put them in a cookie tin. My grandma used to keep her chicks warm that way.
Lmao. I'm so stoned. Laughing at my own stupidity.

Hey, nice plant MrShed.:hmmmm: WTF happened there!?!?
I think I'm morphed you and Sauga together.

On another note. These Kalashnikov capsules are fantastic!

Drive-by
Right on time.......
Thanks Norcali...excellent timing!
Shed, that CB is one beautiful lady!
Thank you Felipe! Hope all is well in Portugal. :ciao:
She's a stunner
Never get tired of hearing it Krissi!
I was looking at heater options last fall. There seemed to be quite a few models available. The low profile was a plus.
There are but I worry about them putting out enough heat in the shed. Like hanging a 150w light bulb, which I don't think would warm it enough.
Often! But let's keep reading...
Pvc, PVC cement,silicone and an aquarium heater.
And all you need is the UL Listed sticker and you're set. I don't think I'd sleep well with that on all night in the shed.
If you want something with a bit more risk involved you can take some Xmas lights and put them in a cookie tin.
I would need your Grandma's lights since the new LEDs obv don't put out heat. :cheesygrinsmiley: I would also need to want more risk than the aquarium-heater-in-plastic, which is already out of my comfort zone.
Hey, nice plant MrShed. WTF happened there!?!? I think I'm morphed you and Sauga together.
Thank you kindly. Oh, and he's the one who's hardly ever here. Also, his plants are universally green.
On another note. These Kalashnikov capsules are fantastic!
:laugh:

all you need is the UL Listed sticker
Pbftt....

I have a work around. The heater is already UL listed. ;) If not, then I can print my own sticker.
would need your Grandma's lights since the new LEDs obv don't put out heat. :cheesygrinsmiley: I would also need to want more risk than the aquarium-heater-in-plastic, which is already out of my comfort zone.
I have a bunch of the old bulb style. They are all in a giant intertwined ball...for convenience.

The aquarium heater is pretty safe. They are used in livewells and many aquariums are plastic. I've used one in a normal pail for extended periods of time for a fish hospital.

That CB is sooo beautiful !
Ya know, It's been 3 years since you won Plant of the Month....
Just sayin'....

Your Chiquita banana sure has developed into quite the looker. :thedoubletake:
If your having difficulty finding someone to do an unbiased smoke report on her I could make myself available very quickly.

Highya ITS,

I'm agreeing with several comments about your CB!! She is gorgeous!! Different light conditions, different look! Any way you look, she's still gorgeous! Great job, Shed man!! Happy Smokin'

I can print my own sticker.
That's just what I had in mind!
for convenience
LOL!
That CB is sooo beautiful !
Ya know, It's been 3 years since you won Plant of the Month....
Just sayin'....
Aww thanks Carcass! I'll see who the competition is. Is it too late for this month in case the field is open?
:hmmmm:
I had trouble reversing a candida. A lot of sacs and no pollen. After about a year I gave up. I got 4-5 seeds left so I’m gonna give it another go this winter.
Hey Caddie! Lots of good seed makers have had trouble with the Candida, the exception being dynamo who did it rather easily! I did get my STS sprayed plant to self-seed this summer but I got no viable pollen from it. I ended up with some seeds so if you need any shoot me a PM.
Your Chiquita banana sure has developed into quite the looker.
If your having difficulty finding someone to do an unbiased smoke report on her I could make myself available very quickly.
Thanks Nev! As long as you come by to pick up the testers they're all yours. :)
I'm agreeing with several comments about your CB!! She is gorgeous!! Different light conditions, different look! Any way you look, she's still gorgeous! Great job, Shed man!! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode! It really has those lovely fall colors happening, maybe because nights are in the low 50s in there.

My grinder is mighty btw...get yourself one of these babies-that is to all of you reading this who use one!

20210924_223417.jpg

20210924_171538.jpg

20210924_171553.jpg

20210924_171503.jpg
Been eyeing that one up for when my current one gives out. Someone else recommended that one somewhere on here too I believe. Looks like my next one when the old Genie goes.

image.jpg

Been eyeing that one up for when my current one gives out. Someone else recommended that one somewhere on here too I believe. Looks like my next one when the old Genie goes.

image.jpg

It was me! It was my post silly milly....

I posted it on a different forum!

Sheesh Charlie. Am I that forgettable??!!

Hey Charlie and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! That's a well-used grinder you have there. Have you soaked the blades and top in rubbing alcohol to clean it up? Whenever mine get like that they come out brand new after a good soaking. Wish I could say the same for me. :)
Am I that forgettable??!!
Har! I'm going with "no." As James Corden says to Reggie Watts every night: Is that correct?

Well that makes me feel a lot better. The fact that @charliewaffles hasn't responded, not so much lol :laughtwo:

With 25 hours and 10 minutes to spare!

Back
Top Bottom