InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I believe I read 5-6 applications as well for flowering plants and produce. Can be used up until day of harvest. That’s what it said on the label. I guess if you used something else during veg since options are more limited during flower then it could get you through. Maybe alternate it with an iso mix?
That's my schedule. Alternate neem and pyrethrins during veg, and spinosad during flower. I'm adding in the iso/water mix from now on so I can alternate that with the spinosad through flower.
:passitleft:

Since my old brain doesn't math like it did even a few years back, can someone tell me what the equivalent dilution is for 70% iso if 99% iso is 10:1? Final concentration of that would be 9.1% (thanks Google!). And 70% is already diluted part of the way there.

No one? Okay, I found this:
How do I Make 70 Percent Isopropyl Alcohol?
which says that to find dilution rates we need this formula:
C1_V1=C2_V2, where C1 and V1 is the starting concentration and volume of the solution and C2 and V2 is the final concentration and volume of the dilution.

I don't know what the underscores mean in this equation but I think it means multiplication from the example they give:
Solve the equation C1_V1=C2_V2 for the unknown variable of V2. Substitute known variables: 100_V1=70_500, V1=35000/100, V1= 350.

So if we want a 9.1% concentration of 946 ml (32 ounces or a standard spray bottle), we know the following:
C1 = 70
V1 = ?
C2 = 9.1
V2 = 946
Which makes our equation:
70(V1) = (9.1)(946)
70(V1) = 8609
V1 = 8609/70
V1 = 122.98 ml

That would mean we need 123 ml of 70% iso mixed with 823 ml of water. Right?

I also want to check with @newty...did you do 1 part iso and 10 parts water or 1 part iso in 9 parts water? That would change the calculations above.

I love when you all indulge me this detailed shit!

You people are so funny! I took these cuttings three days ago, of course they look good! If past is prologue, in the cloninator they will look like this for at least 3-4 weeks and in the cups about 2 weeks. They almost all die eventually, just really really slowly. :)

Jeez you just let all of the air out of my sails. LOL If they are dying after all that you are doing then it has to be because of the heat. I bet if that bucket was in an air conditioned environment, you would have zero deaths.

I'm trying not to stress about it now that I have a professional between me and the police. Maybe if it goes away easily I'll get a smaller bill? Probably not :).
To be frank Shed let's look at the facts. Your car has zero damage. Even if you got it repaired right after the accident, automotive paint takes over a month to cure and this can be analyzed. Your car is a manual drive and your daughter doesn't drive manual. In the end, the police don't have a leg to stand on. You can't just go and accuse someone of a crime without the evidence to back it up and they don't have any evidence.

So breathe easy my friend. Now unfortunately, I can't do anything about the lawyers bill however.

Of it were only that easy! I also kill cuttings in peat, rooters, clone boxes, cups, soils of various types, and in all different weather.

Which is exactly why I'm sticking to topping or LST.

Since my old brain doesn't math like it did even a few years back, can someone tell me what the equivalent dilution is for 70% iso if 99% iso is 10:1? Final concentration of that would be 9.1% (thanks Google!). And 70% is already diluted part of the way there.

No one? Okay, I found this:
How do I Make 70 Percent Isopropyl Alcohol?
which says that to find dilution rates we need this formula:
C1_V1=C2_V2, where C1 and V1 is the starting concentration and volume of the solution and C2 and V2 is the final concentration and volume of the dilution.

I don't know what the underscores mean in this equation but I think it means multiplication from the example they give:
Solve the equation C1_V1=C2_V2 for the unknown variable of V2. Substitute known variables: 100_V1=70_500, V1=35000/100, V1= 350.

So if we want a 9.1% concentration of 946 ml (32 ounces or a standard spray bottle), we know the following:
C1 = 70
V1 = ?
C2 = 9.1
V2 = 946
Which makes our equation:
70(V1) = (9.1)(946)
70(V1) = 8609
V1 = 8609/70
V1 = 122.98 ml

That would mean we need 123 ml of 70% iso mixed with 823 ml of water. Right?

I also want to check with @newty...did you do 1 part iso and 10 parts water or 1 part iso in 9 parts water? That would change the calculations above.

I love when you all indulge me this detailed shit!

Thanks, I will be of no help. However reading this did just give me a headache.

Oh man Shed o_Oo_Oo_O newty and math
I use 99% iso 100ml and tap water 1000ml andit took away the bugs. :)
Now for the important stuff, what’s this about the president trump texting y’all??:popcorn:
LOL! It wasn't actually him (TG) but it was called a "Presidential Alert" and it was a test of the new national emergency alert system. We've had local alerts for a while (which you can opt out of if you want) but now there is a nationwide one that you can't opt out of. In case of, I dunno, nuclear attack or milk tariffs waved by Canada or something.

So your dilution is 9.1% as I calculated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom