InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

4gram or 8gram pouches ?

Hi Dutch, I remember seeing a chart or something once that helps out with this. I’ll try to find it again.

I use the 8g ones in 24ounce jars - I would think the 4gram too small. That said, I remember being surprised when I saw that chart and thinking I might’ve been fine with the smaller ones ... will try to find it!

Hi Dutch, I remember seeing a chart or something once that helps out with this. I’ll try to find it again.

I use the 8g ones in 24ounce jars - I would think the 4gram too small. That said, I remember being surprised when I saw that chart and thinking I might’ve been fine with the smaller ones ... will try to find it!

Thanks Amy!

I get a musty smell and taste after awhile with the 62's
Absolutely!
I haven't tried the 58% yet, but I stopped using the 62's after my Critical Jack harvest. My buds taste much better now without.
I think the 62% might be good for a real long cure. But reality, at least for now, I don't ever keep herb around long enough to put a really good cure on it.
I grab a pack of the 58's to try as I harvest these next few plants. They look like they're gonna finally give up enough buds to put a good stash away for curing.

:passitleft:

I found some Greek Oregano seeds in the cabinet. No need to make clones now. I'm going to take my clones and make some pizza sauce now. LOL
Pizza...yum!
Could someone help me with boveda packs. I know I want 62% and I will place in my jars once they are stable after the daily burping process but in a 1qt jar do you use the 4gram or 8gram pouches ?
I use the 4 gram ones in quart jars and they work great. I've got some jars from last summer and they're still spot on and smell great when you open the jar!
Do you really need the packs? I have the meters in mine and they stay stable. I agree though 62% is too damp.
If you have meters in there and they're sitting where you like them then no need for the Bovedas. I have way more jars than hygrometers though so I feel better with one in each jar. Haven't found the 62s too damp but nobody is vaping them, it's almost 100% going into glass pipes.
How much does this speed up the curing?
Boveda packs, whichever % you pick, don't speed up the curing. What it does is maintain the humidity in the jar for long term storage. So if you open the jar and the ambient RH is 70% or 50% you won't end up with damp/dry buds next time you go to grab one. It stabilizes the RH inside the jar, within limits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's so cool to come back and find that y'all have been chatting and passing the knowledge around. I'm glad you all feel at home here.
:circle-of-love:

Got a few updates today and a jar-hack! Let's dive in...

First up is the LST training of Blue Treacle 2. I started to lay it over now that it's tall enough to clear the edge of the pot. I used a wire to hold the stem straight and propped it up with a stone to make sure the bend of the stem didn't end up too close to the soil and stress the roots.

It will get a little flatter every day!

Next up is the AK-47 with roots in the cloninator. It was time to get that sucker in soil to see how it wants to proceed.

It's in ProMix HP (I remembered the mykos @Derbybud!) and distilled water. If it grows it will be 1.1.1.1.1.3:

Moving on to the jar hack! I often find that when I'm drying and rolling and burping jars, I lose the hygrometer in the buds and can't see what's going on. That's no good! Enter Blu-tack (available on Amazon). We use it for a lot of things here including keeping pictures level (put a small ball on the back of the bottom corner of the frame and press it against the wall), and to keep things from moving and falling off shelves during an earthquake. Here it is:

You tear a small piece off and pull it like taffy a few times to get it ready:

I put a tiny ball at the top two corners of the meter and stuck it to the inside of the jar. Can you tell from the RH that the Santa Ana's are still blowing!

Done and done!

Within two hours they were all at 62% :).

That's the Saturday update! From the look of the unreads in my Sub list it looks like everyone has been pretty busy. Heading over to catch up now. See you soon!

Back
Top Bottom