InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I get a musty smell and taste after awhile with the 62's
Mee Three. Reminded me of a damp paper bag.

62 is fine for cure, and I let mine go down naturally from there to about 56. The 58-60 stuff gets rolled and the stuff below 58 gets in the pax....the pax is much more efficient with dryer product.

Mee Three. Reminded me of a damp paper bag.

62 is fine for cure, and I let mine go down naturally from there to about 56. The 58-60 stuff gets rolled and the stuff below 58 gets in the pax....the pax is much more efficient with dryer product.
My 62 buds smell great a year later, so dunno why! But what you said about the Pax is interesting. I'll let some buds dry out before putting them in the TruVa. Gonna have to use the toaster oven if the Santa Ana's aren't blowing though :).

At first the 62s were a bit moist but after months of a cure the moisture content is pretty nice. I also have some 58s and it was a bit dry but not enough to make it less favourable in comparison to the 62s. I actually made a mental note to pick up more 58s next time.

The stash in larger jars I used, with the 8g boveda packs, taste and smell nicer but I can’t point to any one reason why. Could be the long cure. Could be a more limited interaction with boveda packs. Not sure.

My RH in my house runs about 60, unless I am insanely cranking the heater, then it might go to 50. I've found burping to about 63, then slowing the burping process to every few days for a few minutes results in the best smell out of the jar of the weed. Consumption and Taste differ. I can keep my stash above 60 pretty easy without the packs. I love my roll smoke to be slightly wetter than vape smoke, and to me, they both taste better that way. Only downside is refilling the pax more often. I generally vape on boost at 405 all the time. Used to do 410 but that was too hot.

Ah, that sounds great! Never felt I had a real issue with this. The most sensitive days for me is the first hanging days.
if it hangs one day to much it gets too dry and a day less it's too wet. It's always harder to cure more weed. This last run I had real issues where to put all 500g. I couldn't even put all in the fridge at the same time. Now everything is perfectly vacuum sealed and sligt moist, it dries out on a few minutes in the air. The down side of vacuum sealing is it crimps very much in the process, the upside is what is left gets very potent... :)

I like the hack for the hygrometers. It does seem like everytime you roll and shake up the jars they end up facing the wrong way.

I thought 62% was a little on the high side but everyone kept recommending it. Mine haven't smelled musty sitting around 60%. I am glad to see I am not the only one. I started out that way but rolling a joint up with it that high just makes it hard to stay lit and it doesn't vape well in cheap vapes. I just bought a Mighty Vape so I am anxious to see how that works out.

Could someone help me with boveda packs. I know I want 62% and I will place in my jars once they are stable after the daily burping process but in a 1qt jar do you use the 4gram or 8gram pouches ?
I think 8 gram is good for up to an ounce of bud hope that helps buddy

Pizza...yum!

I use the 4 gram ones in quart jars and they work great. I've got some jars from last summer and they're still spot on and smell great when you open the jar!

If you have meters in there and they're sitting where you like them then no need for the Bovedas. I have way more jars than hygrometers though so I feel better with one in each jar. Haven't found the 62s too damp but nobody is vaping them, it's almost 100% going into glass pipes.

Boveda packs, whichever % you pick, don't speed up the curing. What it does is maintain the humidity in the jar for long term storage. So if you open the jar and the ambient RH is 70% or 50% you won't end up with damp/dry buds next time you go to grab one. It stabilizes the RH inside the jar, within limits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's so cool to come back and find that y'all have been chatting and passing the knowledge around. I'm glad you all feel at home here.
:circle-of-love:

Got a few updates today and a jar-hack! Let's dive in...

First up is the LST training of Blue Treacle 2. I started to lay it over now that it's tall enough to clear the edge of the pot. I used a wire to hold the stem straight and propped it up with a stone to make sure the bend of the stem didn't end up too close to the soil and stress the roots.

It will get a little flatter every day!

Next up is the AK-47 with roots in the cloninator. It was time to get that sucker in soil to see how it wants to proceed.

It's in ProMix HP (I remembered the mykos @Derbybud!) and distilled water. If it grows it will be 1.1.1.1.1.3:

Moving on to the jar hack! I often find that when I'm drying and rolling and burping jars, I lose the hygrometer in the buds and can't see what's going on. That's no good! Enter Blu-tack (available on Amazon). We use it for a lot of things here including keeping pictures level (put a small ball on the back of the bottom corner of the frame and press it against the wall), and to keep things from moving and falling off shelves during an earthquake. Here it is:

You tear a small piece off and pull it like taffy a few times to get it ready:

I put a tiny ball at the top two corners of the meter and stuck it to the inside of the jar. Can you tell from the RH that the Santa Ana's are still blowing!

Done and done!

Within two hours they were all at 62% :).

That's the Saturday update! From the look of the unreads in my Sub list it looks like everyone has been pretty busy. Heading over to catch up now. See you soon!
Sexy roots off that clone shed nice job my man

I also like the 58% packs. I always use the 8 gram packs. I have some 1 quart jars and some that are twice that size ( just guessing ). 62's work good in a pinch for over dried buds. I've even used 55's cause that's all I could get at the time. I could see them being good for joints. I mostly smoke out of glass pipes or a old school ice water bong

At first the 62s were a bit moist but after months of a cure the moisture content is pretty nice. I also have some 58s and it was a bit dry but not enough to make it less favourable in comparison to the 62s. I actually made a mental note to pick up more 58s next time.

The stash in larger jars I used, with the 8g boveda packs, taste and smell nicer but I can’t point to any one reason why. Could be the long cure. Could be a more limited interaction with boveda packs. Not sure.
How big are your larger jars?

I like the hack for the hygrometers. It does seem like everytime you roll and shake up the jars they end up facing the wrong way.
Glad you liked it Sam! Before that I would use a tongs to fish out the hyrgrometer instead of dumping out the jar ;).
Sexy roots off that clone shed nice job my man
Thanks Joe! In soil now so let's see how it likes it.
What the makers say...
The Integra brand folks say approximately the same thing about the size-of-pack:quantity-of-bud ratio.
4g for up to half an ounce; 8g for up to an ounce and 67g for larger quantities.
Thank you for finding that Amy!
Nice harvest:high-five:And nice to see a little comparison on basically the same plant!
It definitely made it easier to decide on the training for the new one. See below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday morning and I'm dragging a bit. I hope the green tea has enough caffeine to perk me up! Let's get to the Weekend Update pictures while I wait for it to kick in...

Beginning with the trimming session for Sour G 1.1 and AK-47 1.1.1.1.1. Clone Boy came by and I gave him three cuttings from each plant, and after he left I finished the job. I took of loads as you will see.

Sour G before and after:

AK-47 before and after:

I did a bit of supercropping on both to open up the middles, and you can see how the AK goes from the shape of the most recent one to the version from this spring. I'm going to give them a week to recover and up-pot them to 10 gallons next weekend.

So you're wondering...did he throw out all that greenery he cut off? Of course not. The thing I need most is for a clone of Sour G since I already have 3 AK clones. So I took 8 cuttings, used Dip'n Grow at 10% dilution, and put them 2-to-a-cup of ProMix HP and distilled water:

And 2 more are sharing a neoprene in the cloninator. I used the same Dip'n Grow method on the AK and added 1 to the remaining one in the cloninator. Here is what it looks like now (the unlabeled-rest are Sour G taken 9/30):

But surely Shed, you had more than one AK cutting after seeing the before and after pic! First off, stop calling me Shirley, and second, I present the remaining AK cuttings (I think there are 10 in there):

Can you tell I'm running out of room?

Now let's take a look at the bike shed as it currently sits this morning:

Getting mighty busy in there. You may notice (you're nuts if you do) that the other two AK-47's in solo cups are not in there any more. That's because they are hardened off and living outside during the day, and under the Mars Hydro 300 at night.

Last pic is of some bugular damage to the leaves of BT1. I diluted some 70% ISO @ 1:9 per @Van Stank, and test-sprayed a few leaves to see how they look tonight. If all looks okay then I will do the whole plant tomorrow morning.

Hope you're feeling perky this morning, whatever you're up to :cool:.

Back
Top Bottom