InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Nice family pic Shed! I’m playing catch up, but the smelliest plants/trees I can think of are Juniper trees and stargazer lilies (one of my faves) and as AB said, freesia - the white ones smell like pepper, so that may help mask better than other colors (smell sweet). Good luck and let us know what you figure out.
Thanks Double H! Whatever I plant is going to have to be in pots because the shared wall is in the concrete courtyard in front of the garage. I love the look and smell of freesias but I don't know how long they last once they bloom. I'd need an ongoing bulb-freezing/flowering extravaganza for those. That would lead me into flowering plants vs. flowers, but even they don't smell all the time. I'm really beginning to think that moving the outdoor grow location might be my only option, if I can find another spot on my little lot.

Good question, and one I don't know the answer to. I haven't ever revegged anything but clones, so I haven't experimented. I've only gone the other way and made sure they get at least 12 hours of darkness. What I do know is that outdoor plants start flowering here in mid-July which is about 14 hours of daylight. Sooooo, more than that! I'd go 18 if I had to reveg.

Thanks shed. I'm just planning for next summers outdoor grow. Im hoping I can induce flower earlier in the summer and not have them get too confused.

Thanks AB! Should hit that by the end of the week ;).

Any more power cords and I'm done for! Glad you like the family shot. I forget sometimes how many different things there are going on here, and I haven't even mentioned the cloninator in weeks :).

Sorry to get you schlepping Amy! I would think that by this time of year your nights wouldn't be too cold but what do I know. :hmmmm:
If you bring them in at night put them in the tent under the light and give them the real Shed treatment. :thumb:
Your thinking would be quite sound in a world without climate change ;)

We just had a full on cold snap for a few weeks where overnight temps dipped below 10degC again - not at all usual for late spring. It’s all good again now. Now they’re inside bc of rain!
I can’t go so far as a Shed style light supplementation routine :eek: The only reason I can schlepp them now is because they’re still in 1gal pots :battingeyelashes:

this day is a good one :Namaste:

It will be fun to see that tape! I'm more in to nuts and bolts... feel like Ratchet&Clank.
You will see the tape. The whole build will be photographed in loving detail and posted here for anyone who isn't already bored out of their skull by this whole process!
Thanks shed. I'm just planning for next summers outdoor grow. Im hoping I can induce flower earlier in the summer and not have them get too confused.
Inducing flower should be easier than revegging. I did that with my POTM AK-47 that I flowered in May. Every night at 8pm I would move it into total darkness (in the shed) and then back out into the sun again at 8am. I'll be flipping my photos next month the same way (only with different times to make up for the early sunsets this time of year).
this day is a good one
I hope you have many, many more. Consecutively :).

You will see the tape. The whole build will be photographed in loving detail and posted here for anyone who isn't already bored out of their skull by this whole process!

Great! We never get bored here... It's the best thing to be able to share the joy in a build like that. We are as ecstatic as you are when we see the light shine on your plants.

I love home built lights . waiting to see what you build,
just finished a cree 3070 - 4 cob set up
here's a veg setup using hi power 3v leds 5- 60 watt drivers 30 leds each mounted on a pair of old running boards ,
IMG_1163.JPG
for heatsinks

When you see the light shine on my plants remind me that they will need more cal-mag!

Yeah, very strange that they seem to literally crave that shit with leds. Is there any hypotheses regarding this?

here's a veg setup using hi power 3v leds 5- 60 watt drivers 30 leds each mounted on a pair of old running boards ,
IMG_1163.JPG
for heatsinks

Nice build, man!

here's a veg setup using hi power 3v leds 5- 60 watt drivers 30 leds each mounted on a pair of old running boards ,for heatsinks
Thanks for stopping by! Great idea on the running boards Brewster :thumb:. You growing some fancy varietal of grapes in there?
Yeah, very strange that they seem to literally crave that shit with leds. Is there any hypotheses regarding this?
No clue, just seems to happen. There have been some threads where folks were arguing about the truth in it, and then both you and Retrix had it happen within days of switching out your lights and I was sold.

Thanks for stopping by! Great idea on the running boards Brewster :thumb:. You growing some fancy varietal of grapes in there?
those are 6" mini english cucumber I think cal mag is what they are lacking they are 2 1/2 months old & picked 40 cucs now
IMG_1157.JPG

Light talk! ..... where is the light! Lol
:laugh::thumb:

Hi again - I’m here with another question. Man, this season’s events seem to have landed me in a situation of doing nearly everything differently to how I usually do it. I’m having #outofmycomfortzone fatigue. See it’s such that I needed to hashtag it!:eek:

I’ve never transplanted - or transferred - such young seedlings but these need root space pronto. Been up 1.5-2days.

Shed, you often mention burying the stem a little. How far is ok with something this size? (Or any size for that matter ...)

Hoping you’re close at hand ;)

:Namaste:

Edit!: pics or it didn’t happen!
AE78DAB1-CC3A-43C9-835C-FED4BC3CE927.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom