InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I try to have about 2" in the soil and I want the bottom of the stem cut ¼" below a node. So that factors into the length as well.

Seriously, if you haven't spent money on clonex gel or powders or the like, get Dip'n Grow off Amazon. Mix it in a well-ventilated space (it smells very chemically) and I wear gloves when I work with it. I mix at the 15 dilution and dip around 5-7 seconds. I have clonex gel I will never use again!

I try to have about 2" in the soil and I want the bottom of the stem cut ¼" below a node. So that factors into the length as well.

Seriously, if you haven't spent money on clonex gel or powders or the like, get Dip'n Grow off Amazon. Mix it in a well-ventilated space (it smells very chemically) and I wear gloves when I work with it. I mix at the 15 dilution and dip around 5-7 seconds. I have clonex gel I will never use again!
Cool! Thanks Shed, just starting to think about it some. I have a jillion seeds to get through, but ya never know, right?

Cool! Thanks Shed, just starting to think about it some. I have a jillion seeds to get through, but ya never know, right?
I've got a bunch of seeds as well but there's something about a free copy of an already living plant that you don't have to wonder if it's going to sprout or wilt or get overwatered or whatever. Cut, clone, fertilize, grow. At this stage I have to force myself to grow from seed!

33.50 CDN for 2oz...that sound about right for Dip n Gro? Hate to get ripped off as zon prices go up and down daily. I had a 30-60 loupe in my cart for about a week. It listed at 42bux. Next time I checked the cart it says the price has dropped...to 16.00?? Amazing. Glad I wasn't in a hurry.

Plus clones always have better stems & structure than seeds
And you know exactly what the phenotype is!
33.50 CDN for 2oz...that sound about right for Dip n Gro? Hate to get ripped off as zon prices go up and down daily. I had a 30-60 loupe in my cart for about a week. It listed at 42bux. Next time I checked the cart it says the price has dropped...to 16.00?? Amazing. Glad I wasn't in a hurry.
dip'n grow.JPG

Works out to 17 Loonies on Google. 33.50 is double that!

After planting I did a quick mix of half-strength cal-mag (3 ml) and Grow Big (½ tsp). I did not pH balance :).

Ok so just so I’m clear on the whole Promix and PH issues from here on out.

PH doesn’t have to be checked when mixing nutes and adding it to our plants Neither does water. The only time we need to worry about PH is within our medium. Correct? This is also only a concern when our plants show an issue or problem?

Sorry I’m asking here but this post made me think about it more and I’m still trying to wrap my head around it lol

Probably wouldn't be much...if it gets nailed for duties at customs then it makes a difference.
Not if you wrap it like a birthday present!
Ok so just so I’m clear on the whole Promix and PH issues from here on out.
PH doesn’t have to be checked when mixing nutes and adding it to our plants Neither does water. The only time we need to worry about PH is within our medium. Correct? This is also only a concern when our plants show an issue or problem?
Sorry I’m asking here but this post made me think about it more and I’m still trying to wrap my head around it lol
Oof, I'll answer if everyone promises not to reply here :).

Yes. This is exactly what he is saying. And what determines the rise or fall of the pH of your soil or soil-less medium is the alkalinity of your water and the type of nitrogen in your fertilizer. This is my understanding of what he said.
I would imagine local grow shops here carry it. I call a few places. Sucks I have to go out into the world tho and meet people.
I would think that you might have something in common with folks in a grow shop like you do here, no?

I'm not sure tbh, I have only been in one. I was expecting something more like a showroom type of thing and got more like Joe's basement of goodies, so first experiences sometimes throw a person off. There's another one further away but I've heard good things so I'll check it out. And ya, I'm very socialable, probably too socialable sometimes.

I have 100% success rate just using Plant prod Stim root #2 powder for under $5 after cutting clone at sharp angle & scraping hard stems dip in water & than powder so it sticks, shake & plant in seed starter mix Place on heat mat in dome or plastic bag

Attachments

• IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    534.7 KB · Views: 12
$31 flat rate priority mail from the states
:thumb:
Sorry... $31 was to UK. It is $26 to Canada.

That's for the 9X11 flat mailer. The boxes get pretty pricey. But, you can stuff the shit out of them boxes since the flat-rate boxes are not priced by weight.

Yes. This is exactly what he is saying. And what determines the rise or fall of the pH of your soil or soil-less medium is the alkalinity of your water and the type of nitrogen in your fertilizer. This is my understanding of what he said.
this message will self destruct in 10 seconds...

$31 flat rate priority mail from the states
:thumb:
Thanks P! That's expensive either way :eek:. I wonder if there's a non-priority cheaper way. It would have to be $12 to break even.
I'm not sure tbh, I have only been in one. I was expecting something more like a showroom type of thing and got more like Joe's basement of goodies, so first experiences sometimes throw a person off. There's another one further away but I've heard good things so I'll check it out. And ya, I'm very socialable, probably too socialable sometimes.
Yeah I wouldn't be happy about walking around someplace that seemed like a thrift shop for this stuff. Try the other place if you have time, or call them first.
I have 100% success rate just using Plant prod Stim root #2 powder for under $5 after cutting clone at sharp angle & scraping hard stems dip in water & than powder so it sticks, shake & plant in seed starter mix Place on heat mat in dome or plastic bag
That looks great Brewster! Damn, reminds me I forgot to scrape the stems on the current batch in the domes. I guess it's a good experiment :oops:.
this message will self destruct in 10 seconds...
LOL!

Back
Top Bottom