InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

That's one of the nice things about coco! There's an upside to having to water once or twice a day :).
My thoughts exactly. It’s a PITA, so I like a good silver lining here and there. ;)

I back my pics up every time I need to upload here so it forces me to do it more often. And since I'm sitting at a desk all day, it's no effort at all!

-------------------------------------------

Tuesday update! Everybody got neem oil this morning, both as part of IPM (integrated pest management) and powdery mildew prevention: the clones, the mothers, and the winter grow.

Speaking of the winter grow, let's talk a bit about LST. Because of the rapid growth of the Golden Tiger 2, I have had to start training it flat to keep it under control. But because it's in a 1 gallon pot, it has already outgrown the width, which leaves me with nowhere to tie it. Enter barbecue sticks!

Okay fine, here are some pics to explain.

Using barbecue sticks enables me to extend the tie-down point as far out as the sticks will reach, which is well beyond the pot's edge.

And since the new growth that needs to be tied hasn't given me enough room to get a pipe cleaner on it, I grab a leaf and pull that down.

Once the stem grows out I can wrap it around the stem, but this works well in the meantime. (I'll post this in my LST thread as well just to keep that one updated.)

I hope your week is progressing nicely. :cool:
Ahh...ye Olde Buffy the Vampire Slayer technique again. @Preston9mm

I know we have a lot of migraine sufferers on this site (I'm sure it's not a result of being here though :)), so I wanted to pass along this link to an article in the failing NY Times about new ways of treating them. Most of the article will be old news to many, so I'll post the important part here:

There are now also biologic drugs, monoclonal antibodies that can be given once a month or once every three months, Dr. Dodick said. They were specifically developed to treat migraine by targeting a protein or its receptor that transmits pain signals.

Unfortunately, the biologics are expensive, and insurance companies usually insist that patients fail to get relief from three months of treatment with each of two other drugs before they will cover the cost. However, for some patients, including some with heart conditions, insurance coverage can be more readily obtained if their doctors document that the older drugs are medically hazardous for them. Still, too often, doctors have to pursue a time-consuming appeal process to get the coverage their patients require.

Dr. Silberstein urged patience when trying a new drug for migraine. He and his colleagues studied patients who had little relief after a month or two on a biologic, but by six months had almost no headaches.

The new nondrug option is a neurostimulator marketed by Theranica as Nerivio Migra. Worn as an armband with a rechargeable battery, it transmits weak electrical pulses on the skin and can be turned on and off as needed through a cellphone app. The base price of the device is about $99 for 12 applications.

Source

I know we have a lot of migraine sufferers on this site (I'm sure it's not a result of being here though :)), so I wanted to pass along this link to an article in the failing NY Times about new ways of treating them. Most of the article will be old news to many, so I'll post the important part here:

There are now also biologic drugs, monoclonal antibodies that can be given once a month or once every three months, Dr. Dodick said. They were specifically developed to treat migraine by targeting a protein or its receptor that transmits pain signals.

Unfortunately, the biologics are expensive, and insurance companies usually insist that patients fail to get relief from three months of treatment with each of two other drugs before they will cover the cost. However, for some patients, including some with heart conditions, insurance coverage can be more readily obtained if their doctors document that the older drugs are medically hazardous for them. Still, too often, doctors have to pursue a time-consuming appeal process to get the coverage their patients require.

Dr. Silberstein urged patience when trying a new drug for migraine. He and his colleagues studied patients who had little relief after a month or two on a biologic, but by six months had almost no headaches.

The new nondrug option is a neurostimulator marketed by Theranica as Nerivio Migra. Worn as an armband with a rechargeable battery, it transmits weak electrical pulses on the skin and can be turned on and off as needed through a cellphone app. The base price of the device is about $99 for 12 applications.

Source
They put me on one of those drugs it is call {Emgality } I take it once a month. It is a shot you take and {It Works GREAT} I call it a miracle drug. I was getting migraines at least a couple times a week but after using Emgality If I do get a head ache it is only a slight one and I haven't had a bad migraine from the time I started taking it about 10 months ago. It is expensive but they have a coupon I used which made it affordable like $40 a month. If you suffer from migraines I Highly recommend talking to you doctor about it. It has made a BIG difference to me

Sure hope I get the same effect with my pain from the Botox shot they keep promising me but never seem to get... I seem to have hit bottom again with my pain and weird symptoms.
Ask your doctor about Emgality it is new not sure if its available where you are but it couldn't hurt to ask it has been a god send to me. I hope things get better for you I know I was dealing with a bunch of stuff too but the Emigality made a world of difference for me when it comes to head aches

Source
Thanks for posting this Shed!

Back
Top Bottom