InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

DV is looking great, Shed- super healthy, and very well centered... ;)
I hope your weekend went well and you are getting the sense that spring (the vernal equinox when we get back to 12/12 again) is only two weeks away.
Yep- time to start deciding what to grow out there!

Monday update is the Doug's Varin pics I took yesterday, as there is not much of note going on these days in my grow life. Clones in solo cups, mother plants, and the Jack Herer and Candida all look the same as last time you saw them.

Here is the DV on flip day 39:

I left more larf than I thought but I'm not sure about taking a lot of that off this late into flower:

Bits and pieces I always do, but there is a lot down under that I would enjoy getting rid of.

For the record, I've switched back to 90/10 nitrate mix for the nutes, and as I did last winter at this time, I'm considering going back to soil. Not sure why this is my new springtime activity. :hmmmm:

Last year was an absolute mess with the Kellogg's potting soil at a pH of 7.6, but this year I will probably splurge on some FFOF or FFHF depending on which is easier to find. Haven't seen the MG Nature's Care Organic anywhere and no FoxFarm at Home Depot or Lowe's. We'll see!

I hope your weekend went well and you are getting the sense that spring (the vernal equinox when we get back to 12/12 again) is only two weeks away. :peace:

Quotes:

The plants won't care either way!

I don't believe that for a minute. I'm just throwing nutes at the wall to see what sticks. :)

IKR?

Yes. Yes he should! :love:

Keep use posted... :popcorn:

Thanks for cruising by DAB! Things have slowed down here a lot lately with very little going on, so you'll have a much easier time keeping up!

I ended up with some slightly unripe Candida seeds when the STS sprayed one self-pollinated (about a 30% germ rate), but none of the pollen I collected worked (poor storage?). And the STS I sprayed on the Sour G didn't flip it at all.

As soon as the nights are warm enough to flip plants in the shed, I'm going with a much stronger STS dilution and trying the Sour G again. I've completely given up on the GA3!
Mrs. Varin is looking great , those buds ought fill in over those sugar leaves . Have you had any word of what they tested to see what up ?

What are you going be growing this summer?
Thanks for asking!- Autos x2 - Wookies auto from my son in Wa. (Wedding Cake auto x GSC auto), and a Wild Thailand Ryder-sativa auto, also from my son.. At least that's the plan right now...
I haven't decided what will be next in the box...shouldn't be too hard to figure, since I've only got 2 or 3 photo fem seeds...

I’m reading this as there were at least some successful seeds then?
There were. I did a test germ and got some successes. The sprayed plant self-seeded, but because it had been in the same pot so long waiting for the process to get moving it died of root issues before they could all ripen fully.

Another member here will be growing some out in an attempt to grow one big one!
As have I.
I think very few folks have actually gotten pollen using it. And they probably had really tall ceilings!
One of my fave’s!
Turns out my wife keeps ordering Trainwreck vape carts. I'm like wtf why didn't you mention this earlier?
Thanks for asking!- Autos x2 - Wookies auto from my son in Wa. (Wedding Cake auto x GSC auto), and a Wild Thailand Ryder-sativa auto, also from my son.. At least that's the plan right now...I haven't decided what will be next in the box...shouldn't be too hard to figure, since I've only got 2 or 3 photo fem seeds...
Sounds like a couple of fun auto varieties and a fair trade for a vintage Beetle! Check your PMs. :)

I left more larf than I thought but I'm not sure about taking a lot of that off this late into flower:
I've "delarfed" all the way up to a couple weeks before harvest, and have not seen any negative effects from it. Of course, I'm still a rookie when it comes to delarfing.
this year I will probably splurge on some FFOF or FFHF depending on which is easier to find. Haven't seen the MG Nature's Care Organic anywhere and no FoxFarm at Home Depot or Lowe's. We'll see!
I've never seen any FFOF at the big box stores. I did see it at Outdoor Supply once (used to be Orchard Supply). They just had small bags of FFOF, and was actually more expensive than the larger bags that I buy. I've always had to go to local grow/hyrdo shops to find it. Usually about $15 for a 1.5 cu ft bag. (approx enough to fill a 10 gal pot).
What are you going be growing this summer? I'm thinking Trainwreck and something on the indica hybrid side. Purple Urkle or Gelato maybe?
I grew Trainwreck once, and really liked it. Purple Urkle might be a good choice too. Last year I grew Granddaddy Purple (Big Bud x Purple Urkle), and it's currently my "go to" smoke.
Turns out my wife keeps ordering Trainwreck vape carts. I'm like wtf why didn't you mention this earlier?
:laughtwo:

Dv is stacking up nicely Shed! She is quite a frosty girl as well.

Turns out my wife keeps ordering Trainwreck vape
Sounds like Trainwreck should definitely be one of your choices lol. Gelato sounds good, I’ve never grown one myself but I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about that strain.

I'm thinking Trainwreck and something on the indica hybrid side. Purple Urkle or Gelato maybe?

The Trainwreck I grew had sativa leaning effects. Purple Urkle we call "Joker weed". You have a giant ass grin on your face although you're not sure why. Great mood elevator.

Thanks Carcass! I'll take healthy and well-centered on this plant. :)

What are you going be growing this summer? I'm thinking Trainwreck and something on the indica hybrid side. Purple Urkle or Gelato maybe?

I know someone who has grown Gelato recently if you need any tips. ;)

I've "delarfed" all the way up to a couple weeks before harvest, and have not seen any negative effects from it. Of course, I'm still a rookie when it comes to delarfing.

I've never seen any FFOF at the big box stores. I did see it at Outdoor Supply once (used to be Orchard Supply). They just had small bags of FFOF, and was actually more expensive than the larger bags that I buy. I've always had to go to local grow/hyrdo shops to find it. Usually about $15 for a 1.5 cu ft bag. (approx enough to fill a 10 gal pot).

I grew Trainwreck once, and really liked it. Purple Urkle might be a good choice too. Last year I grew Granddaddy Purple (Big Bud x Purple Urkle), and it's currently my "go to" smoke.

:laughtwo:
FYI - The Home Depot here sells Fox Farms bagged soil. Don't know about everywhere.

Sounds like Train Wreck is on the menu if your going by comments.

Train Wreck was the last photo period plants I grew before I moved 4 years ago. I still have about a 1/2 gallon of the bud and another half pound of butter in the freezer. I seriously have guests that occasionally still smoke it and enjoy it. I’m going to get some now and try it. See how it is standing up.

Tuesday update! Mostly macro pics today because I got the macroscope(?) out. :)

With encouraging words from @BeezLuiz I decided to cut some stuff off the Doug's Varin this morning. I took mostly larf, but also took one of the larger lower buds by mistake:

It's the big'n on the far top right. Easy come easy go!

While they were sitting on the ping pong table I thought I'd scope the trichomes and see how they look on flip day 41:

Pretty!

I have been testing the 2:9 70% iso spray on my clones, spraying almost every day for two weeks or so, and I still don't have a handle on the aphids. It must be doing something because they haven't taken over as if they had been left alone, but they're not gone. If you use it in flower you will probably need to use it on a regular basis. Tomorrow I'll soak a piece of larf with that mix and see what the trichomes do. Before and after pics will be posted!

I have also decided to give diatomaceous earth a test (ONLY FOR VEG PLEASE) to see if that's a more long term approach, so I began by mixing up 3 tablespoons of DE in 56 ounces of water (that's the max for the sprayer) with 1/16th teaspoon of yucca extract as a surfactant. I sprayed the underside of some lemon leaves:

Here is what it looks like up close after drying:

Then I added another tablespoon of DE and sprayed a different branch:

Here is what that one looks like after drying:

4 Tbs/ 56 ounces looks like much better coverage, and I'm going to up the yucca to see if I can get more even drying.

If I like the new mix I will spray the undersides of all the veggers to see if it makes future spraying unnecessary. I will keep you posted!

That's if for me today. I hope you are all well and staying safe!

Quotes:
Done did. Thanks BL!
I've always had to go to local grow/hyrdo shops to find it. Usually about $15 for a 1.5 cu ft bag. (approx enough to fill a 10 gal pot).
Oh good to know. If I want to fill two 1 gallon pots and then two 7 gallon pots I will definitely need two bags then. Do you reuse yours or toss it in the garden each fall? And do you chose FFOF over FFHF for any specific reason?
Trainwreck is a definite, and "go to" smoke sounds like a pretty good recommendation!
Dv is stacking up nicely Shed! She is quite a frosty girl as well.
Thanks N!
Sounds like Trainwreck should definitely be one of your choices lol. Gelato sounds good, I’ve never grown one myself but I’ve heard a lot of good stuff about that strain.
Yes to Trainwreck, but I'm leaning to the Purple Urkle now because of BL above and farside below:
The Trainwreck I grew had sativa leaning effects. Purple Urkle we call "Joker weed". You have a giant ass grin on your face although you're not sure why. Great mood elevator.
That PU description sounds like it's the cat's meow, thanks farside!
now thats funny about the tainwreck , what women do sometimes is beyond me LOL I grew the Gelato auto it was good smoke and not a bad plant easy pleasy .
Some folks just don't make the connection that others do! And though you and HG have grown the Gelato, I'm already leaning pretty heavily toward the PU. :slide:
I know someone who has grown Gelato recently if you need any tips.
LOL! I'll have to see who that might have been. ;) Thanks HG!
Trainwreck?! Oh that sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing you growing one, I've smoked some of it before, but never tried growing one yet.
Well now that you're growing in soil, I'll be your guinea pig. :thumb:
FYI - The Home Depot here sells Fox Farms bagged soil. Don't know about everywhere.
I guess it's regional since I've never seen it at a big box here. Nurseries and hydro places carry it though so it won't be too hard to find. Just pricier than the ProMix, which I guess I'll be mixing into a new planter bed I'm sorting out.
Sounds like Train Wreck is on the menu if your going by comments.
Train Wreck was the last photo period plants I grew before I moved 4 years ago. I still have about a 1/2 gallon of the bud and another half pound of butter in the freezer. I seriously have guests that occasionally still smoke it and enjoy it. I’m going to get some now and try it. See how it is standing up.
If your friends are still asking for it and my wife keeps spending money on vape carts, I'm going to be putting my hands on some seeds for a late April seed drop!
If you have rural king they have happy frog
Thanks 7D2! We don't have anything named "rural" here :cheesygrinsmiley: but I know I've seen FFHF in places I've shopped. Just never checked the prices before!

With encouraging words from @BeezLuiz I decided to cut some stuff off the Doug's Varin this morning. I took mostly larf, but also took one of the larger lower buds by mistake:
ouch!
While they were sitting on the ping pong table I thought I'd scope the trichomes and see how they look on flip day 41:
And they're looking beautiful too!

I have been testing the 2:9 70% iso spray on my clones, spraying almost every day for two weeks or so, and I still don't have a handle on the aphids.
What about Safer insecticidal soap? Isn't that safe to use during flower?
Do you reuse yours or toss it in the garden each fall? And do you chose FFOF over FFHF for any specific reason?
The last couple seasons, I began reusing my FFOF. I add about 3 parts used to 1 part fresh and throw in a bit of perlite. So far, it's worked well for me. I've only used Happy Frog once, when my grow shop was out of Ocean Forest. It worked fine. If I remember correctly, the guy at the shop said Happy Frog is a little milder, and maybe better for seedlings.
I sure like your trichome shots. So much so, I recently bought the same scope as yours. I hope I can learn to take some decent pics with it. :thumb:

Tuesday update! Mostly macro pics today because I got the macroscope(?) out. :)

It's the big'n on the far top right. Easy come easy go!

Pretty!

I have been testing the 2:9 70% iso spray on my clones, spraying almost every day for two weeks or so, and I still don't have a handle on the aphids. It must be doing something because they haven't taken over as if they had been left alone, but they're not gone. If you use it in flower you will probably need to use it on a regular basis. Tomorrow I'll soak a piece of larf with that mix and see what the trichomes do. Before and after pics will be posted!

I have also decided to give diatomaceous earth a test (ONLY FOR VEG PLEASE) to see if that's a more long term approach, so I began by mixing up 3 tablespoons of DE in 56 ounces of water (that's the max for the sprayer) with 1/16th teaspoon of yucca extract as a surfactant. I sprayed the underside of some lemon leaves:

Here is what it looks like up close after drying:

Then I added another tablespoon of DE and sprayed a different branch:

Here is what that one looks like after drying:

4 Tbs/ 56 ounces looks like much better coverage, and I'm going to up the yucca to see if I can get more even drying.

If I like the new mix I will spray the undersides of all the veggers to see if it makes future spraying unnecessary. I will keep you posted!

That's if for me today. I hope you are all well and staying safe!

Quotes:

Done did. Thanks BL!

Oh good to know. If I want to fill two 1 gallon pots and then two 7 gallon pots I will definitely need two bags then. Do you reuse yours or toss it in the garden each fall? And do you chose FFOF over FFHF for any specific reason?

Trainwreck is a definite, and "go to" smoke sounds like a pretty good recommendation!

Thanks N!

Yes to Trainwreck, but I'm leaning to the Purple Urkle now because of BL above and farside below:

That PU description sounds like it's the cat's meow, thanks farside!

Some folks just don't make the connection that others do! And though you and HG have grown the Gelato, I'm already leaning pretty heavily toward the PU. :slide:

LOL! I'll have to see who that might have been. ;) Thanks HG!

Well now that you're growing in soil, I'll be your guinea pig. :thumb:

I guess it's regional since I've never seen it at a big box here. Nurseries and hydro places carry it though so it won't be too hard to find. Just pricier than the ProMix, which I guess I'll be mixing into a new planter bed I'm sorting out.

If your friends are still asking for it and my wife keeps spending money on vape carts, I'm going to be putting my hands on some seeds for a late April seed drop!

Thanks 7D2! We don't have anything named "rural" here :cheesygrinsmiley: but I know I've seen FFHF in places I've shopped. Just never checked the prices before!
Forgot to mention - superior trichome pictures.

Back
Top Bottom