InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

:welcome: to page 1500 of my perpetual journal for the Thursday update, where we take a look at the solo-cup Candida that got root-pruned 13 days ago!

Here are the roots this morning:

Coming along nicely! Here they are side-by-side:

And the SaugaView® :

They're pretty evenly matched though the unpruned one does seem to have more top growth. Not surprising since the other one has to spend its time below the surface. Still, I'd call the root pruning a complete success!

That's it from me today. Thanks for visiting, whether you've been here from page 1 in October of 2017, are a new subscriber, or anything in between! :ciao:

[I just checked...none of the folks on page 1 are on the site anymore. :cheesygrinsmiley: ]
Looking happy +healthy 👀😍👍

Hey Shed I heard you had a good cure for P.M. I tried finding it on yer thread but no luck. Can you help a brother out?
Sure! It's a 1% citric acid spray and here's the recipe (scale up as necessary...I mix a gallon at time!):
5g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or 0.3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is around 1/8 tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, and make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

Just a note, this kills PM but doesn't prevent it. The only thing that tends to prevent PM are oil sprays which I don't use in flower. In veg I usually just use neem to keep the PM down.
Looking happy +healthy 👀😍👍
Thanks! Unless I can think of another experiment to run on them I'll just be throwing them out. :)

:welcome: to page 1500 of my perpetual journal for the Thursday update, where we take a look at the solo-cup Candida that got root-pruned 13 days ago!

Here are the roots this morning:

Coming along nicely! Here they are side-by-side:

And the SaugaView® :

They're pretty evenly matched though the unpruned one does seem to have more top growth. Not surprising since the other one has to spend its time below the surface. Still, I'd call the root pruning a complete success!

That's it from me today. Thanks for visiting, whether you've been here from page 1 in October of 2017, are a new subscriber, or anything in between! :ciao:

[I just checked...none of the folks on page 1 are on the site anymore. :cheesygrinsmiley: ]
Real nice moms Shed! Verdant thumb!

Sure! It's a 1% citric acid spray and here's the recipe (scale up as necessary...I mix a gallon at time!):
5g food grade citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap

(For the record, 10 pipette drops of dish soap works out to a little less than 1ml in 1500ml of water, or 0.3ml per 500ml. I have since switched to yucca powder which is around 1/8 tsp/gallon.)

Mix well and spray, and make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

Just a note, this kills PM but doesn't prevent it. The only thing that tends to prevent PM are oil sprays which I don't use in flower. In veg I usually just use neem to keep the PM down.

Thanks! Unless I can think of another experiment to run on them I'll just be throwing them out. :)
Thanks for your recipe but bro why would you throw those beautiful girls out?

Real nice moms Shed! Verdant thumb!
Thanks Otter! No worries about root pruning if you ever had them. :thumb:
Congrats that is quite an accomplishment. And so much good content on those pages. Thanks for sticking around and helping out.
Thanks BudMan! Glad to help where I can. :)
Thanks for your recipe but I’m going to substitute dish soap with Dr.Bonner’s castille soap.
That works, though I'd go with the unscented since I've never tested the "flavored" ones on leaves. I have used Dr Bronners unscented castille soap as a bug killer in veg so I know it's safe.
bro why would you throw those beautiful girls out?
I don't need them! I tend to take a lot of Candida cuttings for clones but I only need one mother in the end. I already have the new one lined up here.

:welcome: to page 1500 of my perpetual journal for the Thursday update,
That's 1500 pages of gold!

Plants are looking great Shed, good catch on the bud rot. I love those massive looking plants in the little solo cups 😍

Thanks Otter! No worries about root pruning if you ever had them. :thumb:

Thanks BudMan! Glad to help where I can. :)

That works, though I'd go with the unscented since I've never tested the "flavored" ones on leaves. I have used Dr Bronners unscented castille soap as a bug killer in veg so I know it's safe.

I don't need them! I tend to take a lot of Candida cuttings for clones but I only need one mother in the end. I already have the new one lined up here.
That makes sense I guess but I’m of the thinking that more plants means more for my stash. Anyways thanks again amigo and happy growing.

That's 1500 pages of gold!
Plants are looking great Shed, good catch on the bud rot. I love those massive looking plants in the little solo cups
How kind of you! Thanks Rexer. :)
1500 Whoot!! Whoot!!!!
LOL thanks greenjeans! It's really just over a page a day if you average it out. :cheesygrinsmiley:
That makes sense I guess but I’m of the thinking that more plants means more for my stash. Anyways thanks again amigo and happy growing.
When I start to run low on Candida for my CBD oil, I'll flower out a plant and end up with another 250-300 grams to put into storage. In terms of THC flower I've got enough in jars to last a couple of years!

How kind of you! Thanks Rexer. :)

LOL thanks greenjeans! It's really just over a page a day if you average it out. :cheesygrinsmiley:

When I start to run low on Candida for my CBD oil, I'll flower out a plant and end up with another 250-300 grams to put into storage. In terms of THC flower I've got enough in jars to last a couple of years!
Nice 👍

Just thought I'd point out that the earliest post by a member still here is @Bode on page 13!
High Shed,

What an ordeal, trying so many things that didn't work (like Edison). Persistance will pay off. Down the road, you'll laugh at all this.

My experience with clones was a homemade water spray in a bucket with cuttings in the top dangling into the water spray 24/7. Still took 10-14 days but mortality was much, much lower (although when temp went down a little more, I lost the whole batch). I also didn't have a humidity dome. Temps were 65F most of the time.I did 3 batches (6-8) that did very well. Worth considering. Good Luck!
:thanks: Bode!

What kind did you get?
Regarding my AC, I must admit I have no idea the type I have, but it does a nice job of spitting out cool air when I need it. :cool: What I do know is that it uses the same duct work that my heater uses. I had to replace my heater unit some 20 years ago and the technician said, "We can add an ac unit for about $2,000 more". That was an easy "Yes" for me. The compressor was replaced about 5 years ago. It's currently a Lennox Elite. My house is relatively small - only 1650 sf - so I didn't need an overly powerful unit.
Just thought I'd point out that the earliest post by a member still here is @Bode on page 13!
Bode for the win!! :cheer: I'm about 450 pages behind that. :laughtwo:

Well, this auto grower has jumped into Clone World because I got an offer, and who am I to turn down free plants!

Details:
- 420 AK-47 fem (x2): 20:1 THC/CBD, 60% Indica/40% Sativa
- 420 Gold Leaf fem: 21:"high" THC/CBD (really 420, what the heck does that mean?), 35% Indica/65% Sativa
- Clones taken from recently flipped healthy parents, AK has pistils, Gold Leaf does not
- These will be kept in veg until next fall, so for now they will be outside during the day and moved under lights at night ~20/4 once they root. Once we're past the vernal equinox they will be grown outside exclusively
- The clones are in Miracle Grow potting mix (no nutes) for now. They will be up-potted into Dr Earth Pot of Gold
- Soil mix will be 70% soil/30% rinsed perlite
- Pots will be scaled up as needed to approx 7 gallon smart pot
- Sunlit during the day, under 64 watt T8 plus CFLs at night
- Air cooled, like literally air cooled.
- Temps determined by mother nature with the help of heat from the lights at night. Shed is unheated.
- Pests are many and various and will be handled organically with neem, spinosad, BT, and diatomaceous earth
- Watered as needed
- Nutes:
Cal/Mag +
Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
Fox Farm Open Sesame 5-45-19
Great White mycorrhizae

I use pH Down because my tap water runs pretty alkaline (around 7.6 pH) and when left standing it rises to 8.4. I'm shooting for the 6.0-6.4 pH range.

For the record, my tap water is ~100PPM and is purified with chloramine, which doesn't evaporate. Even so, I let my water stand out for at least 24 hour before I use it. No idea why.

Next post...PICS (and the first night of cloning story...)!
I foresee this becoming a very long thread! :)

Highya ITS,

I feel like a celebrity! I'm surprised, really. Didn't know I was here that long!! You've been fun to follow along with all the knowledgeable people who have visited your journal. You've had some very interesting experiments. And you're very diligent at answering journal posts! Hopefully, I'll follow along for a few more years!! Happy Smokin'

This is why I grow indoors in a tent. LOL. Our weather here in Crane, Mo. is different these days, but not brutal. We seem to live in Camelot compared to McDonald County where I lived for most of my life before moving here in 2013. We get rain. We get dry, but never too bad, and we get hot, but it is never too hot for too long. But our seasons are shifting. It all comes earlier, about three weeks earlier. So we are feeling like fall right now.
Our weather here is unpredictable and for that reason we need to grow indoors or in a greenhouse.
I mentioned Camelot, here are the lyrics:
It's true! It's true! The crown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.

A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.
And there's a legal limit to the snow here
In Camelot.
The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In Camelot.
Camelot! Camelot!
I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.
The rain may never fall till after sundown.
By eight, the morning fog must disappear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

etc.

Back
Top Bottom