InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

You gotta up your game. I expected more from a MOTM
Let's not forget that I won MOTM rather than my "it gets me high" wife. ;)

Sit tight and you will get your PU group-think smoke report in due time!
Not sure if I congratulated you or not but I figured it wouldn’t matter cause you deserve it either way bro so congratulations on being Motm and thanks for all your help. CL
You did and thank you again!
I also had read that the roots were supposed to be high in CBD, so back in 2019 I made some oil from the roots of one of my plants. I chopped the roots pretty fine and decarbed them when making the oil. I sent it to a lab for testing and the results showed zero CBD or any other cannabinoids. I was quite disappointed, but now I know not to waste my time with roots.

Here's the post discussing my procedure and the actual lab results. That said, the plant I used was supposed contain high amounts of both CBD and THC, but the flower only tested to have about 8% THC and no CBD. Root Oil Lab Test
Possibly true, but the info I've read regarding roots having high CBD, didn't distinguish whether the plant's flower needed to be a high THC or CBN variety. I'm just offering one piece of actual lab data instead of anecdotal info that tends to float around.
I remember your test as well as the rumor that there was CBD in roots. Lots of strange myths that float around because of how illegal any science has been with cannabis. On another thread someone was convinced that CBGa converted to CBDa before changing to THC. Folks also confused CBD with CBN and I'm sure some still do.

What's in the roots, stems, and leaves that make for a great skin reliever is unrelated to the cannabinoids we're familiar with, but discovered centuries ago as mentioned in Sue's post with information from Roger Pertwee’s Handbook of Cannabis that quoted historical documents where the hemp plant in oil is recommended for burns.

Thanks BeezLuiz for the information on the roots , it’s great to be back with all this help . Took off on the bile but cut short more rain today that stuff stings . And @farside05 on the ProTekt , followed your instructions and these guys used up 11 quarts with no problems .
And what , I made it back in time to vote in 420’s awesome contest. InTheShed MOTM Congratulations.

For all you folks who "voted" for a new seed drop rather than another Candida seed-making project, urine you're in luck! It turns out that there was no way to squeeze in a NY trip before Thanksgiving, so consider this the first winter grow update. :)

Here's the first of what got dropped last night...
Amnesia Lemon Kush from Original Sensible Seeds, described thusly:

"An exhilarating shot of Amnesia Lemon is cushioned with a dram of Indica Kush. Amnesia Lemon Kush feminised seeds, with her deep intense citrus aromas, can hit you right between the eyes relaxing the mind, body and soul and deliver a severe blow to any tension or stress the day may bring.

"Amnesia Lemon Kush cannabis seeds thrive in all types of grow mediums and are suitable for SOG and Scrog set ups. Due to her resistance to mold and disease means that cultivators of this marijuana strain can expect bumper crops of the most potent citrusy weed without complications, up to 600 m2 when grown indoors but take this baby outdoors and you can achieve up to 1kilo per plant in the right growing conditions.

"Flowering time indoors is between 65 and 75 days with outdoor harvests ready around mid October.

"Warning ! The psychoactive power of Amnesia Lemon Kush from Original Sensible Seeds is not for the feint hearted – This strain is without doubt recommended only for the seasoned smoker!"

Flowering Time: 65 - 75 Days
THC %: 21%
Type: 40% Indica
Type: 60% Sativa
Taste: Citric, incense
Effect: Cerebral. psychoactive, uplifting, relaxing

Here's a pic from their website.

And for the second plant I dropped two seeds of Le Creme CBG from Ventura Seed Company (VSC). They describe is like this:
  • Feminized
  • Early September Fast Finish - Northern Hemisphere
  • Heavy Yielding CBGa Dominant
  • Uniform Germination
  • Emergence with Early Vigor (Outcompetes Competition)
  • Dense/Heavy/Low-Leaf Content Flower
  • Very Short Internode Distance
  • Hybrid Cultivar Produced by Crossing Inbred Lines to Create an F1
  • Low Odor
  • Boutique Appeal
  • Finished Flower Low THC
  • Synthetic Cultivar Created by Intercrossing Genotypes of a Known Superior Hybrid Performance (Combining Ability)

There has been a lot of interest in CBG, so when I located an almost pure CBGa variety earlier this year I pooled a few folks together to split the 100 seed minimum that VSC required. And they sent me a couple of lab reports showing total THC under the 0.3 limit for hemp, with GBGa around 14%.

But I can hear you wondering why I'm dropping 2 of those seeds if they're feminized! Here is what they said when I bought them:

"Our Le Creme CBG strain has an auto phenotype. About 20% of the seeds will autoflower after a few weeks. The potency is the same but the yield is much lower. We provide an additional 30% seeds free to compensate."

So I'm dropping two in case one turns out to be an auto (hopefully not both!).

For anyone interested in what CBGa might be helpful for, here is a link to start you off. It was also shown to be helpful against Covid in lab tests. You can read @Virgin Ground's post on that here.

I know I know, pics or it didn't happen (POIDH)!

After shaking the seeds in a sandpaper lined mini-Altoids tin, they soak in bowls of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water:

I put paper towel on top of them to keep them submerged at this stage.

That gets poured off and replace by distilled water:

The bowls go into a box for darkness and into the shoebox on the heat mat, where they're kept around 80ºF:

This morning, about 12 hours later, I tapped them down so they'd sink, and I noticed one of the LeC's had a tail:

Rather than wait until I got home from work when it might have turned into a floater, I planted it this morning:

And put it back into the shoebox, now with the CFL over it for light and warmth. You can see the seed gets covered with peat, not left like the above pic.

I expect to plant the other two tonight, and then they'll all sit in the Shoebox of Light® while we wait for them to sprout.

These will be vegged smaller than usual to fit in the 2x4 tent for the winter nights/rainy days, so 5 gallon pots will the final homes.

:thanks: for following along!

Quote:
And what , I made it back in time to vote in 420’s awesome contest. InTheShed MOTM Congratulations.
You're welcome here 365 days a year WH, and thanks!

This is wonderful news! I'm clutching my pearls! (And they are not at all like Trala's pearls.:) )

Those CBG benefits are something I needed years ago and still need today! I'm gonna' have to look into
finding some.;)

The ALK sounds like a winner as well.

One thing puzzles me. It's the round "shoebox." :hmmmm:

Happy growing Shed!

This is wonderful news! I'm clutching my pearls! (And they are not at all like Trala's pearls. )
Thanks GDB! Just make sure they're off your neck before you clutch so you don't turn up like David Carradine. (Really? Still too soon?)
Those CBG benefits are something I needed years ago and still need today! I'm gonna' have to look into finding some.
Consider it done.
The ALK sounds like a winner as well.
Hope so!
One thing puzzles me. It's the round "shoebox."
Silly me for thinking that most folks know the shape of a shoebox so I didn't need to show the corners! The round thing is a hole in the shoebox that fits the size of the desk lamp.
Happy growing Shed!
:thanks: and back atcha!

Silly me for thinking that most folks know the shape of a shoebox so I didn't need to show the corners! The round thing is a hole in the shoebox that fits the size of the desk lamp.
Dang!

In the first pic I got an optical illusion. I thought I saw a heightened cylinder (like a hat box)!

The second pic should have cleared that up but, alas, it did not (at least until a second viewing). :laughtwo:

Don't blink or you are going to have 200 pages to catch up :)
Lol you got that right bro! You can't turn and fart then you are behind:rofl:

Looks like a nice start to your next grow. :thumb: I'm still pondering what I'm going to start next. Maybe Le Creme CBG would be a good choice for me as well, hmmm...

Looks like a nice start to your next grow. :thumb: I'm still pondering what I'm going to start next. Maybe Le Creme CBG would be a good choice for me as well, hmmm...
I've got one about a week into flower in my new 2 Gallon SIP. The thing is a beast but I'm not sure if that 's more related to the pot or the strain (ok chemovar. Sheesh, you guys are so particular :laughtwo:)

But I'm getting very strong stems (I had to tie them down because I like to use @Hafta 's weight system but the weights I have were simply too light), and I got pistils about three days after flip. That may be more related to the auto characteristics Shed noted in his description, but the SIPs are relatively new for me so I'm still feeling my way around and trying to figure out what is plant related and what is due to the pot design.

For all you folks who "voted" for a new seed drop rather than another Candida seed-making project, urine you're in luck! It turns out that there was no way to squeeze in a NY trip before Thanksgiving, so consider this the first winter grow update. :)

So, will you go to NY after Christmas instead?

And, I thought I read that you weren't going to grow in the winter anymore...??? But, maybe I'm misremembering. :hmmmm:

Tuesday update on the winter grow and I'm sure you know what's coming...

Tails! Amesia Lemon Kush:

Le Creme CBG:

Tucked into their peat puck homes at 80ºF:

Boom boom, down goes the light:

Peekaboo!

Now we wait... :nomo:

Quotes:
Another awesome grow on its way! Following this shed!
Thanks Skottel! Winter in Los Angeles. :thumb:
Don't blink or you are going to have 200 pages to catch up
LOL it's not that bad! There are a lot of threads that are way more active than this one.
Lol you got that right bro! You can't turn and fart then you are behind
You said fart and behind. :laugh:
Looks like a nice start to your next grow. I'm still pondering what I'm going to start next. Maybe Le Creme CBG would be a good choice for me as well, hmmm...
Thanks BL! Grow a CBG plant, all the cool kids are doing it. :cool:
I've got one about a week into flower in my new 2 Gallon SIP. The thing is a beast but I'm not sure if that 's more related to the pot or the strain (ok chemovar. Sheesh, you guys are so particular)
Since we have the same seeds in completely different environments we can see what the similarities are!

And I've been trying to go with "variety" since @DonkeyDick brought it up in Jan of 2021, and that's a word folks have heard before. I only remember Sue using "chemovar." :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is what DD said:
A few idle thoughts on taxonomy. Words about words in other words.
As cannabis cultivation comes out of the closet, as it were, and we join the growing number of gardeners around the world we see that they are using certain terms to mean specific things.
A cultivar, for example is a plant grown from a clone. I have a tent full of cultivars. We use this word to mean strain. It doesn’t.
We could also improve things by losing the word strain when we are actually talking about a variety. If you’ve popped a couple seeds of a variety you love then good on you!
People who communicate better than we do are starting to remind us that the word strain refers to bacteria and viruses, not plants.

But I'm getting very strong stems (I had to tie them down because I like to use @Hafta 's weight system but the weights I have were simply too light), and I got pistils about three days after flip. That may be more related to the auto characteristics Shed noted in his description, but the SIPs are relatively new for me so I'm still feeling my way around and trying to figure out what is plant related and what is due to the pot design.
Three days is damn fast so it will be interesting to see if that's most folks' SIP plants. Of course it may be related to the fact that there's some auto genes in there. I hope I get a photoperiod though!
You're back in! Sorry you haven't been able to get back east Shed! But hurray for us! CBG reading next!
I'm back in! I will have to focus on keeping them under control size-wise though, so someone remind me to flip. 🥞
Sounds like some But kicking strands from the write up !! And a Kilo thats a lot of weed !! 2.5 lbs.
Sure does sb and I'm hoping for more "I'm so wasted" weed! And I'm sure that kilo if for folks growing in the ground rather than a schlepper like me.
So, will you go to NY after Christmas instead?
No, we'll put off the trip until spring since neither of us want to be in NY in the winter, even for a week.
And, I thought I read that you weren't going to grow in the winter anymore...??? But, maybe I'm misremembering.
I won't grow in the shed in the winter because it's too difficult to keep the temps up, but the tent is in the house. It's smaller than the shed so the plants will need to be sized to fit but it should be doable if I flip in time!

It does get cold in the house at night so I may move the oil heater in the tent room for chilly nights. We keep the thermostat at 55ºF at night and rarely get the place to 68º on winter evenings.

And for the second plant I dropped two seeds of Le Creme CBG from Ventura Seed Company (VSC). They describe is like this:
  • Feminized
  • Early September Fast Finish - Northern Hemisphere
  • Heavy Yielding CBGa Dominant
It's been a while since I took french in high school, but shouldn't a feminized plant be a La Creme CBG? :hmmmm:

I will have to focus on keeping them under control size-wise though, so someone remind me to flip. 🥞
Sorry, but I'm already in charge of reminding you to spray next season. Someone else will need to be in charge of this one. ;)
Grow a CBG plant, all the cool kids are doing it. :cool:
I don't know if that's peer pressure or fomo... :laughtwo:

It's been a while since I took french in high school, but shouldn't a feminized plant be a La Creme CBG?
Beats me! I never understood why a pencil had a specific sex.
Sorry, but I'm already in charge of reminding you to spray next season. Someone else will need to be in charge of this one.
True. I'll put out a want-ad!
I don't know if that's peer pressure or fomo...
Interesting...which way are you leaning?

Since we have the same seeds in completely different environments we can see what the similarities are!
I believe the rule is if there are two plants in completely difference environments grown in different media , and using different nutes get roughly a similar result then it becomes definitive. I think that's how it works. 🤔

And I've been trying to go with "variety" since @DonkeyDick brought it up in Jan of 2021, and that's a word folks have heard before. I only remember Sue using "chemovar." :cheesygrinsmiley:
I was watching a video from Cornell U and they were interviewing a professor of something or other and he was pretty insistent about it being a chemovar. Doesn't really matter to me and we all know what we're talking about.

Three days is damn fast so it will be interesting to see if that's most folks' SIP plants. Of course it may be related to the fact that there's some auto genes in there. I hope I get a photoperiod though!
I've got a clone cultivar of it still in veg and no sign of pistils on it. 🤞

Beats me! I never understood why a pencil had a specific sex.
Sounds like you've never watched Disney's Toy Story movie. It turns out that after the humans have left the room, all the toys and inanimate objects come to life. The have friends and girl/boy friends and, well, you know...

Back
Top Bottom