InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I have a question that I want here . These guys made up a ton of salve and separated the roots from the fan leaves . I thought they were bs ing me the roots was better than the fans . I’d thought the fans would have more resin than the roots for salve . I tried it and damn I’m back doing squats again my left knee they want to replace , no way now . But I have to use it regularly. The leaves was alright but could still feel the pain , any advice?
First off, that's great! :thumb:

Second, I've never tried my salve for pain (only skin issues like bites/hives/burns), but the salve has a lot of roots and branches in it along with the leaves. And you should have more (already clean) roots on hand than most of us. :)

What kind of oil is their base?

Throw away nothing and make small batches different ways...and report back obviously!

First off, that's great! :thumb:

Second, I've never tried my salve for pain (only skin issues like bites/hives/burns), but the salve has a lot of roots and branches in it along with the leaves. And you should have more (already clean) roots on hand than most of us. :)

What kind of oil is their base?

Throw away nothing and make small batches different ways...and report back obviously!
They made two different 100% grape seed and pumpkin seed . I was there one two production’s. I told them not to mix them so I really don’t know which I have I just took what they give me . I bought a bike fixing to go for a ride and I’ll go by and see which one they gave me .
And yes they definitely remember you taught them don’t throw nothing away that it’s all usable.

They made two different 100% grape seed and pumpkin seed . I was there one two production’s. I told them not to mix them so I really don’t know which I have I just took what they give me . I bought a bike fixing to go for a ride and I’ll go by and see which one they gave me .
And yes they definitely remember you taught them don’t throw nothing away that it’s all usable.
Both oils are good but try each and see if you can tell a difference. Also find out what their process is (decarbed or not, infused for how long, etc.).

:popcorn:

Hey Shed, what would your Root Salve be best used for??? Pain, skin condition??
It's not just the roots, it's really the entire plant except the flowers. Here's the opening from my skin salve post:

The second is what I call my skin salve. It is not high in THC because it's made from the rest of the plant after drying. SweetSue found information in Roger Pertwee’s Handbook of Cannabis that quoted historical documents where the hemp plant in oil is recommended for burns.

Before I even read that, I had made some a few years ago with the roots, and I found it excellent for hives, itching, bites, burns, and abrasions. This time I decided to save every bit of the plants I was taking down, let them dry, and make a big batch in a crock pot.

I don't think it works on skin conditions caused internally like psoriasis or eczema, but it works on external ones that I listed above. Even helped when I stepped on and got stung by a damn dead bee in my courtyard!

I have a question that I want here . These guys made up a ton of salve and separated the roots from the fan leaves . I thought they were bs ing me the roots was better than the fans . I’d thought the fans would have more resin than the roots for salve . I tried it and damn I’m back doing squats again my left knee they want to replace , no way now . But I have to use it regularly. The leaves was alright but could still feel the pain , any advice?
Stick with it

FWIW - Here is my pain cream recipe. I find it works great for my aches and pains. I used it copiously after my left knee was replaced in the spring.

I made mine from triim & larf and left over bud.
Coconut oil in the crock pot make your own.
It's pretty simple.
Some bee's was , mint and a little Shea butter you have a pain reliving salve with no thc effects.
Works great. :thumb:
I shipped it all across Canada. :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Highya ITS, guys,

Julie has Psoriatic arthritis and my salve (thc cannabis and olive oil in crock pot) wouldn't do anything for that. She's on an expensive medication now. But I have used it for topical things and it's worked great! And, like @HashGirl , I put it on knees when they get sore, and sore muscles. It takes away all the reasons I have to use it! Happy Smokin'

FWIW - Here is my pain cream recipe. I find it works great for my aches and pains. I used it copiously after my left knee was replaced in the spring.
Thanks HG!
I made mine from triim & larf and left over bud.
Coconut oil in the crock pot make your own.
It's pretty simple.
Some bee's was , mint and a little Shea butter you have a pain reliving salve with no thc effects.
Works great.
I shipped it all across Canada.
Thanks Bill, and you folks in Canada are lucky in so many ways!
Julie has Psoriatic arthritis and my salve (thc cannabis and olive oil in crock pot) wouldn't do anything for that. She's on an expensive medication now. But I have used it for topical things and it's worked great! And, like @HashGirl , I put it on knees when they get sore, and sore muscles. It takes away all the reasons I have to use it!
THC topical works on a lot of painful things we'd like to forget, but as Julie found out, not all. I save the THC oil for pain (since flower is in higher demand than fans, stems, and roots) and use all the rest for salve.
congrats on that summer harvest shed. Killing it as usual
Thanks LM! It turned out to be a pretty good summer after all. :thumb:
@InTheShed Any word yet on the Purple Urkel, or are they still stuck on the Trainwreck?
LOL nothing to report. No meet-ups or brunch this weekend, :sorry:
Congrats on MOTM!
Thank you Tim!

Thanks HG!

Thanks Bill, and you folks in Canada are lucky in so many ways!

THC topical works on a lot of painful things we'd like to forget, but as Julie found out, not all. I save the THC oil for pain (since flower is in higher demand than fans, stems, and roots) and use all the rest for salve.

Thanks LM! It turned out to be a pretty good summer after all. :thumb:

LOL nothing to report. No meet-ups or brunch this weekend, :sorry:

Thank you Tim!
Not sure if I congratulated you or not but I figured it wouldn’t matter cause you deserve it either way bro so congratulations on being Motm and thanks for all your help. CL🍀

These guys made up a ton of salve and separated the roots from the fan leaves . I thought they were bs ing me the roots was better than the fans . I’d thought the fans would have more resin than the roots for salve .
I also had read that the roots were supposed to be high in CBD, so back in 2019 I made some oil from the roots of one of my plants. I chopped the roots pretty fine and decarbed them when making the oil. I sent it to a lab for testing and the results showed zero CBD or any other cannabinoids. I was quite disappointed, but now I know not to waste my time with roots.

Here's the post discussing my procedure and the actual lab results. That said, the plant I used was supposed contain high amounts of both CBD and THC, but the flower only tested to have about 8% THC and no CBD. Root Oil Lab Test

That don't sound like a good subject to compare with /to if the THC and CDB are that Low or no show ..
Possibly true, but the info I've read regarding roots having high CBD, didn't distinguish whether the plant's flower needed to be a high THC or CBN variety. I'm just offering one piece of actual lab data instead of anecdotal info that tends to float around. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom