Irish's Harvest Journal, 2009

OK, I'm drooling.....

What exactly are "cardboard flats?" I don't want to assume I know.

And, do you have a picture? This sounds fantastic....especially the 'smooth and orgasmically rich' part.
:thanks:

Cardboard flats. These are the things that are in very short supply at any market or liquor store around harvest time--the short oblong boxes that carried in beer and canned beverages like Arizona Tea--though you can use any cardboard box if you cut the sides down to about 3".

A picture....:hmmmm:....of a flat? :idea:

strawberrypopcorn.jpg

strawberrycoughfresh.jpg

strawberrycoughnugfresh.jpg

This was a small harvest of Stawberry Cough popcorn buds on the verge of opening, the last cutting for these cute little Indicas. They're going into an Ambrosia cure and you can see how wet the stems are from the beginning. I would not suggest starting this wet with a bigger batch, but will work out fine for this oz or two.

Below, what they looked like uncut.

strawberry_harvesttime1.jpg

Strawberry Cough

This was a small harvest of Stawberry Cough popcorn buds on the verge of opening, the last cutting for these cute little Indicas.
According to Ed Rosenthal's Big Book of Buds Vol. 2. Strawberry Cough is an 80/20 (80% sativa, 20% indica) Hybrid.
I see what u mean about the deep color resulting form the curing process. Are these colors what u were talkin bout?>
strawberrycoughfresh.jpg

Re: Strawberry Cough

According to Ed Rosenthal's Big Book of Buds Vol. 2. Strawberry Cough is an 80/20 (80% sativa, 20% indica) Hybrid.
I see what u mean about the deep color resulting form the curing process. Are these colors what u were talkin bout?>
strawberrycoughfresh.jpg

This is a Strawberry Cough cross, and I can never remember with what. It was not in my primary grow. They got 3 1/2', maybe 4' tall--not very sativa-like, but not pudgy full indica either.

Now the buds in the picture were just trimmed and started at the time the pictures were taken a week or so ago, and are now tucked away in the sealing stage of the process--about 2 weeks into it--which I don't have pics of, but consists of being in a ziplock freezer baggie because the quantity was too small for my tubs to work correctly. This works great for small batches because you can watch the bag puff up with gas in order to know when to open and air it or even dump it back out into a flat to dry it all if you waited too long to do so.

The dark color of the bud here at the beginning is from colder Autumn temperatures and occurred on the plant before cutting (see last photo of uncut bud), so it's really not a good gauge of what the color of a green bud turns to at the end of curing. I'll see if I can get together some good before/after pics with green buds not purple/black, though it's better to see this in person than on a monitor and taken by a camera in possibly different light conditions. These particular buds, when finished, will be almost completely black.

:yummy:

Were those from seed or clone? I'd love to know what they're crossed with.

They were from clones.

strawberrycough1.jpg

garden_hammock_044.jpg

I'll ask one more embarrassing time what they're crossed with. *LOL* I think I've been told half a dozen times now and it goes right out the other ear....:hmmmm:

Lol. I'd appreciate it. I hear weird things sometimes. Some1 tried to tell me that there was a mix up at the nursery where I got my clones from and they really don't know what my Strawberry Cough is mixed with (supposed to be crossed with deep chunk). So when I see strawberry cough hybrid I ask, to try to get a better idea if in fact the rumor has any truth to it.

Lol. I'd appreciate it. I hear weird things sometimes. Some1 tried to tell me that there was a mix up at the nursery where I got my clones from and they really don't know what my Strawberry Cough is mixed with (supposed to be crossed with deep chunk). So when I see strawberry cough hybrid I ask, to try to get a better idea if in fact the rumor has any truth to it.

Deep Chunk! That's it! (I was thinking Dutch Crunch, but that's a bread *L*) The clones were got in the bay area, according to my buddy that got them. I'll double check, but I'm 99% sure that's it. Did your clones grow up to look like those that I put pics up of?

thanks for sharing your scary experience and your growing/curing techniques with us.

lots of stuff to learn here!

you write really well also ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much! It's not exactly the journal I wanted to write, but it is what it is. Next season will be a whole new story from beginning to end....;)

Beautiful dogs!
I have a friend back in Ireland who breeds them. When you walk into a room and they all stand up its like being in a forest.

Ive always kept rottweillers but last year I lost beautiful 9 yr old to cancer. Haven´t had the heart to get another yet but I miss the fun you get from having a dog around.

So anyway, aside from congrats on the journal, bloody well done on such healthy looking animals.

:adore: Irish here you are! Three beautiful dogs, Repeat contest winner, Surrounded by huge wonderfully grown Cannabis plants, Now all smokable buds. On a awesome piece of land In the middle of nowhere and is a proud Irish Woman. With some,... Heck alot of luck to past on!! Will you be my Wife? Sorry, was that to straight forward? :partyboy: :laughtwo: Love everything you do!!

Back
Top Bottom