Irish's Harvest Journal, 2009

haha great story, i love the dogs. do they enjoy the herb as much as you?

Beautiful dogs!
I have a friend back in Ireland who breeds them. When you walk into a room and they all stand up its like being in a forest.

Ive always kept rottweillers but last year I lost beautiful 9 yr old to cancer. Haven´t had the heart to get another yet but I miss the fun you get from having a dog around.

So anyway, aside from congrats on the journal, bloody well done .

*nodding wildly* Ayup. Just like a forest...a forest full of Wookies! These puppy girls are full of IT when the Irish Humor hits them...or mock Irish Ire. They've never been angry or wrathful, but their stalkings, coursings, muggings, face boxings and all around tom-foolery would certainly caution anyone not to do anything to get their panties all in a bunch, even at a tender age!

:adore: Irish here you are! Three beautiful dogs, Repeat contest winner, Surrounded by huge wonderfully grown Cannabis plants, Now all smokable buds. On a awesome piece of land In the middle of nowhere and is a proud Irish Woman. With some,... Heck alot of luck to past on!! Will you be my Wife? Sorry, was that to straight forward? :partyboy: :laughtwo: Love everything you do!!

LOLOL! Thankie you, Weed.

haha great story, i love the dogs. do they enjoy the herb as much as you?

I had to keep them out of the garden all summer long--they really think the leaves are fabulous. Poppy will meticulously pluck one from the stem and nibble on it as she flops her bulk into the shade of the shrubbery, squashing lower buds into the ground. Her sisters nibble too, but would rather pull stems and branches, preferrably off, before they nibble. *LOL*

They're non-smokers....;)

what a treat, a sweet stinky leaf and sour stem. if they played with your plants like they do to each other i think you would have about 5'-6' of stems before any bud survives.

Harvest is over and the last of the buds made it through drying, now curing in trays or tubs, depending on their trims, or rather lack of it. I've really gone against my own grain this year in the curing department, the earlier buzz kill saw to that. I've had no choice but to leave most of the buds with leaves and even some stems through the whole process. It can, and has been difficult.

The real touchy bud to deal with was the Juicy Fruit. The leaf to flower ratio was high and the nugs were tight and very dense--the perfect scenario for rot or mold. Hanging in the same room were pillars of Island Skunk more numerous than the Juicy, and on the shelves, OG Kush lay curing in tubs and trays and coolers.

Though the Island Skunk sports a tight nug too, it doesn't have near the fans and bud leafs of the Juicy Fruits, nor the immense girth. It required a higher RH for a good slow dry than the Juicy, so I had to find a way to compensate with them in the same room.

Leaves can hold water like there's no manana and the Relative Humidity of the room soared with all the fresh bud in there. Even with the air conditioner running to dehumidify and regulate the temperature to a fluctuating 68-70 degrees f, the humidity of the room rose into the 90's and beyond. It was beginning to affect my OG Kush cures

I had to stop this. My solution was to bring the pillars of Juicy Fruit to the dining area near the woodstove, crank it up to the 80's dump the RH to nada and crisp the leaves. This took a substantial amount of water out of the leaves without touching the buds they were draped over. I then transferred the drying towers of Juicy Fruit back to the curing room and brought out the Island Skunk for the same procedure before bringing it back to the cure room to hang with their Juicy sisters.

It was still an imbalance in the cure room, but fairly manageable with a little air flow from an oscillating fan set on low.

:peace:

Is part of your method to leave the fan leaves on the buds while they're drying?

Right now it is. I'm anticipating LEO coming back to see the goods. If it's still on sticks and with leaves, they can't call it sellable. Over my limit if I grew a set and trimmed it all like I usually do. No place for it to go.

Love the purples dude. Got some great colors there. Hope the smoke was half as sweet as the pic's were. Them pups sure know how to look like killers don't they Keeps it up dude.

great idea using the stove to crisp the leaves. if i had a 420 team i would want you on it. in your what is RH post i listed the steps to make iso hash, have you heard from your buddy or talked to him? how are things going?

Dude I had to reread up well me I just do the Evela Wood thing and look at pic's. You da the man there. Them thar buds look sweet. And I'd not like to be the one to get between them ands there's. ++++ iffin I can.

Great grow journal!

Thankie you, Tariq! :ganjamon::thanks:

Love the purples dude. Got some great colors there. Hope the smoke was half as sweet as the pic's were. Them pups sure know how to look like killers don't they Keeps it up dude.

Thankie you, Wood! :thanks::ganjamon:

great idea using the stove to crisp the leaves. if i had a 420 team i would want you on it. in your what is RH post i listed the steps to make iso hash, have you heard from your buddy or talked to him? how are things going?

Awww...you flatter me too much. But I'd be glad to be on your 420 team if you had one. And yup, I sent your info to my friend and he'll be trying it out soon. I'll let you know when he does and what the results were. Thanks for doing that!

Hell of a LEO story Irish! I'd shit my pants if I had cops on one side and those plants on the other!

Nice grow too... +reps

Thankie you, Obxgardener. I was lucky. I just wet myself. *LOL*

Dude I had to reread up well me I just do the Evela Wood thing and look at pic's. You da the man there. Them thar buds look sweet. And I'd not like to be the one to get between them ands there's. ++++ iffin I can.

*LOL* Who da man? *LOL* Thanks so much for the + reps. I appreciate it.

Irish is a female.

A female what, we don't know for sure...*LOL*

OPPPPS Dudet

:rofl: No problem dude. I'm just a person.

Irish, My apologies Sister, Great Grow, I still voted for you :), maybe next time I can view and read who one is..
Hempy T day

No problem, Cherma, and thank you for your vote. You have a great and Hempy T day too! :thanks:

Excellent journal. Way to overcome all this negative stuff Irish. I just read it from front to back and it had me hanging on the end of my chair. I'm not sure if I read it here or not but somebody(my appologies to the guy who posted)said that if you make food with cannabis you can have more plants and more weight. It that a possibility? +reps and stars. Way to go!!! :goodjob:

not to downplay the seriousness of your experiance, but reading your journal was like reading a good novel...i couldn't put it down! you obviously have great writing (and growing) skills. many warm wishes for a less dramatic future!

Back
Top Bottom