JBC's Super Soil - Fully Organic 4x Blue Mystic + 1x CH9 Jack FEMS

nothing to add here. looks like u're doing a fine job, so far. most growers, i know, just screw w/the plants too much. only advice i could give is don't over water & leave 'em alone & let 'em grow on their own, like they've done for thousands of years. it's all about the environment, now. good luck, bud.

Cant wait to see your havest, iv got 3 Mystis's at about 4 weeks in flower now, good work............:thumb:

nothing to add here. looks like u're doing a fine job, so far. most growers, i know, just screw w/the plants too much. only advice i could give is don't over water & leave 'em alone & let 'em grow on their own, like they've done for thousands of years. it's all about the environment, now. good luck, bud.

Hey pawpaw, good to see you again bruvaaa,
Love this post , I like how if you thought something was up you would of said. "nothing to add here. looks like u're doing a fine job". Most people when something is up just say , yeah all is good +rep, dont like that. If you think I coud better my grow I would love the input. If I think its not good advice , then thats my choice or loss but at least I have the choice. I love the help on this site , If I think I can help a guy, I will, If he doesnt agree thats cool as we all grow how we grow but we all need help here, even the pro's sometimes.

But I like the Rookie journals like mine, this is where most noob info is shared :)

drive by... looking great bro +reps

Yes Jon good to see you here, thanks for reps mate!

Cant wait to see your havest, iv got 3 Mystis's at about 4 weeks in flower now, good work............

Harvest bro, welcome, Cant wait to see the harvest myself :laughtwo: How your girls budding? My Blue auto Budded Fast!!

Mine are regular fem mystics, my next order of beans will be the auto version, and something else, to be determined.
Buds are coming along nicely, im flowering under an 8 bulb T5, so far so good........:peace:

Havent done any journals, lights are out for the night, Ill take a few pics in the morning and post them, just did'nt
want to hi jack your journal,:peace:

Sounds good.................:thumb:

Hey shottafire, good to have you here mate, welcome!! Yeah to me super soil is the future, keep it nice and organic, save the world and all that.

Whats going to be in your super soil mix mate??

I have not worked out the ratios of my mix but it will include

4bags RO soil
15-20# wormcastings
steamed bone meal ?
kelp powder
Mychorrizae
azomite
alfalfa meal
dolomite lime
epsom salt
bat guano
blood meal
powdered humic acid

I will also use some mollasses hygrozyme mykos and azomite mixed into my watering schedule when I feel they could use it
Im still learning about designing a buffet menu for these spoiled girls. haha so any input is taken into account. I am still very new to growing this plant but have always grown my own vegetables with a pretty green thumb.

I cant wait to watch your garden grow jbc.
peace and good growin

Sounds like a plan shottafire,
Seems you one the US side with them ingredients and have been working or planning around Subcool420's mix, which is a proven super soil mix. Mine is based around mixes like that, Subcools mainly but made with the ingredients of my country.

If your using all of them I would just follow his mix which is easy to find online and work from there. If at the end of my grow my mix is a sucess I will find out how to send the next batch of my mix off for analysis to see what its lacking and how to perfect it.

I'm cant wait to see it grow either just hope I got all the levels sort of right for now so I can improve on it next time.

I have not worked out the ratios of my mix but it will include

4bags RO soil
15-20# wormcastings
steamed bone meal ?
kelp powder
Mychorrizae
azomite
alfalfa meal
dolomite lime
epsom salt
bat guano
blood meal
powdered humic acid

I will also use some mollasses hygrozyme mykos and azomite mixed into my watering schedule when I feel they could use it
Im still learning about designing a buffet menu for these spoiled girls. haha so any input is taken into account. I am still very new to growing this plant but have always grown my own vegetables with a pretty green thumb.

I cant wait to watch your garden grow jbc.
peace and good growin
Do you grow your vegetables in a super soil?

The input I would give on your soil mix is to remove the dolomite lime and substitute 6-5-3 instead. First, why no dolomite?

Because while it stabilizes pH, it is also high in magnesium, which will interfere with nitrogen uptake.....a lot.

Use a mix of:
6 parts High Calcium Limestone, 90% or greater calcium carbonate.
5 parts Soft Rock Phosphate
3 parts Gypsum

This will stabilze pH to about 6.4, which is exactly where you want it. It will also turn your soil life into superstars and will increase the sugar and mineral content in your plants. You won't believe the difference. I did 4 or 5 cycles in Subcool's soil and while it worked well for his plants, and grew some nice sticky buds in general, with good color change, etc.........mineralizing the soil kicks its ass all over town. You'll probably get a lot of help with insect pressure too. That Roots soil is a fungus gnat factory. Some mosquito dunks in your water supply is a very good idea.

Anyways, toss the dolomite and use the 6-5-3. You'll be glad you did.

The flavor is improved and softened, and the effect is larger, brighter, and warmer. You'll just have to try it.

Use the 6-5-3 at the rate of 1.5 cups per bag of soil.

Sounds like a plan shottafire,
Seems you one the US side with them ingredients and have been working or planning around Subcool420's mix, which is a proven super soil mix. Mine is based around mixes like that, Subcools mainly but made with the ingredients of my country.

If your using all of them I would just follow his mix which is easy to find online and work from there. If at the end of my grow my mix is a sucess I will find out how to send the next batch of my mix off for analysis to see what its lacking and how to perfect it.

I'm cant wait to see it grow either just hope I got all the levels sort of right for now so I can improve on it next time.

Hope to have success and share feedback with you in the future. I plan on starting a thread involving the mix I come up with
and the results i get in the indoor soil section. I want to help in some way here and should be fun and informative for the newbie and advanced grower alike.

we will see, my journal is a little slow to take off but it is rather boring without visible flowers I reckon.

cheers mate. your australian right

Hi Wyrman, welcome aboard mate, we all about learning here.

Yeah im vegging with both specs at the min. If it was a perfect world I would be vegging with MH and maybe some 2700k as side light to mix up spec to suit the sun a bit more. But I use what i've got mate and if it was vegged CFL, I would like 2x250w 6500k with just the 60w 2700k in the middle like you see of on both sides.

I like to mix up the specs a bit to favor the suns spec but I would favor 6500k for veg with say 20-30% 2700k added and visa versa for flower. But flowering in a HID world i'd have HPS for flower with some 6500k side lights. I only have a 2700k 250w for veg to add lumines basically. I will have to alternate which is under the 2700k as they make them stretch a bit in veg.

Hope this helps mate :)

Hope to have success and share feedback with you in the future. I plan on starting a thread involving the mix I come up with
and the results i get in the indoor soil section. I want to help in some way here and should be fun and informative for the newbie and advanced grower alike.

we will see, my journal is a little slow to take off but it is rather boring without visible flowers I reckon.

cheers mate. your australian right

No mate not Australian, UK based. Doc bud just linked some info, he the Guru in this, listen to this guy. I learn off all of the great soil grows i'm still learning myself mate and have been doing for a long time lol, Trial and error teaches you a lot :) I'l come check your journal out now mate.

What is that Docbud mate?

Do you grow your vegetables in a super soil?

The input I would give on your soil mix is to remove the dolomite lime and substitute 6-5-3 instead. First, why no dolomite?

Because while it stabilizes pH, it is also high in magnesium, which will interfere with nitrogen uptake.....a lot.

Use a mix of:
6 parts High Calcium Limestone, 90% or greater calcium carbonate.
3 parts Gypsum

This will stabilze pH to about 6.4, which is exactly where you want it. It will also turn your soil life into superstars and will increase the sugar and mineral content in your plants. You won't believe the difference. I did 4 or 5 cycles in Subcool's soil and while it worked well for his plants, and grew some nice sticky buds in general, with good color change, etc.........mineralizing the soil kicks its ass all over town. You'll probably get a lot of help with insect pressure too. That Roots soil is a fungus gnat factory. Some mosquito dunks in your water supply is a very good idea.

The flavor is improved and softened, and the effect is larger, brighter, and warmer. You'll just have to try it.

Use the 6-5-3 at the rate of 1.5 cups per bag of soil.

Thanks Docbud for the feedback. not trying to hijack here so I am going to pm you for more info if thats ok with you. excuse me jbc

I have never grown anything in super soil. My veggies were in raised beds before with the obvious worm castings fish emulsion
sea kelp and seabird guano. I never really put that much thought into it and was always rewarded with a fairly nice supply of asstd veggies year round.

where should I source the gypsum and high calcium limestone from.
I will search it out too

thanks again

No mate not Australian, UK based. Doc bud just linked some info, he the Guru in this, listen to this guy. I learn off all of the great soil grows i'm still learning myself mate and have been doing for a long time lol, Trial and error teaches you a lot :) I'l come check your journal out now mate.

What is that Docbud mate?

6 parts High Calcium Limestone
3 parts Gypsum.

That's a halfway decent way of mineralizing the soil and stabilizing pH.

This may be a stupid Q but i bet some are as silly as me and would like to know.

How do I put 6 parts as a value into a 60litre mix. Is it 10%?

Thanks Docbud for the feedback. not trying to hijack here so I am going to pm you for more info if thats ok with you. excuse me jbc

I have never grown anything in super soil. My veggies were in raised beds before with the obvious worm castings fish emulsion
sea kelp and seabird guano. I never really put that much thought into it and was always rewarded with a fairly nice supply of asstd veggies year round.

where should I source the gypsum and high calcium limestone from.
I will search it out too

thanks again

Mate no hijacking here, it doesnt excist. If it info on soil , keep it here I want to know as well

Back
Top Bottom