Jon's First Outdoor Grow: Sugar Breath Photoperiod & Strawberry Banana Autoflower

Well the THCa in flowers turns to THC over time ,why wouldn't the ThCa in the trichome heads do the same thing?
I'm sure there is other things in trichome heads than just pure THC
I was using THC as shorthand, but yes, all THC in the flowers is THCa. It degrades to CBNa over time. It's the heat from the flame (or decarbed in the oven) that splits the acid molecule off. And though some acid molecules will split off on their own over time, I wouldn't advise just waiting a few years for your harvest to get you high rather than smoking them.

In terms of what else is in the trichome head, there are a whole host of cannabinoids and terpenes in there. I don't know which ones get better with age, but volatile terpenes seem only to fade away over time.

Why do people think you have to spend big money on equipment
They been making hash for decades & decades (think they had bubble bags) let alone the time it would take

Just because it's cheap don't mean it's poor hash ( my trim shake will melt )
you can buy diff grades of strainer bags ,hell you could even use the expensive " bubble bags" with out water
The biggest deal is to get it cold so the trichome heads & stalks are brittle & break off

I just think messing with all that water & ice would be a big waste of time, when I can get fine hash already

If I had a ton to do I would set up an old dryer, to do my shaking, in the winter
I totally hear you man. Thus, I do the Trim Bin with frozen leaf. Easy. One time expense. Done. Lol.

I was using THC as shorthand, but yes, all THC in the flowers is THCa. It degrades to CBNa over time. It's the heat from the flame (or decarbed in the oven) that splits the acid molecule off. And though some acid molecules will split off on their own over time, I wouldn't advise just waiting a few years for your harvest to get you high rather than smoking them.

In terms of what else is in the trichome head, there are a whole host of cannabinoids and terpenes in there. I don't know which ones get better with age, but volatile terpenes seem only to fade away over time.
And that's why you store it in a sealed container or wrapped, in a dark cool place
Just like paint, a thin coat will lose it's VOCs quicker. Thick coat, will dry on top be soft below A sealed can ,with no air , will last years
Hash is much more dense than bud, so will last much longer, plus it forms a hard skin on the surface sealing in the goodness
Thus allowing it more time to " cure "
Keep it wrapped, it will last for years
Hash is easier to Stash

Over time, several things happen to the Delta 9 THC, that complex molecule we usually just call THC. Some of it does oxidize over time, turning into CBN. A percentage of it will not oxidize and it will convert into Delta 8 THC. Delta 8 is much more stable than Delta 9, so its effects also last a lot longer and it is more stable in the jar. Delta 8 is considered to be dangerous in its pure form, and creating it chemically is illegal. It provides less of a psychoactive high, and much much more of a couchlock medicinal effect. The THC that oxidizes into CBN has a much stronger anesthetic effect when we ingest it so it is great for pain management. This is why cured pot seems so much stronger than fresh pot and why burping the jars (adding oxygen) is so good for the curing process.

So fresh cannabis or that cured for up to 3 months or so, still maintains a lot of the Delta 9 THC, so you get a lot of the psychotropic euphoric effect of the Delta 9, but as the THC ages beyond that it does begin to convert to the point where it becomes stable CBN and where it loses some of its euphoric effect. If you are into creating and art and all those things that a cerebral high gives you, smoke fresh well cured pot. If you are into pain management, the more aged, the better.

Hey Jon! Fascinating last few pages I was going to do a quick skim to catch up but I read every post. When I was buying dispensary weed somewhere it came with an expiration date that was still 9 mos in the future. I have no idea when it was bagged but that surprised me. It will be so nice when we have definitive info on stuff like how long thc lasts and when it peaks etc. I usually start smoking stuff right away if I like it, while it's still drying. Usually after I'm sure I have a good harvest I hash the old stuff, but I've smoked 6 month old weed and never noticed much difference. I was under the impression that the thc is at it's peak at harvest and slowly degrades from there. I really have no idea lol.

I got an email from NASC today, the FBA Strawberry Banana auto is back in stock so I ordered a 3 pack. Also 2 unknown auto freebies. I just started a new grow so it'll be a while before I can grow it but I'm very psyched!

@Rexer thanks for bringing up light proof ziplock bags. I jumped out to Amazon and ordered some. That will free up a lot of space for me not having to keep everything in jars.

Take care!

Hey Jon! Fascinating last few pages I was going to do a quick skim to catch up but I read every post. When I was buying dispensary weed somewhere it came with an expiration date that was still 9 mos in the future. I have no idea when it was bagged but that surprised me. It will be so nice when we have definitive info on stuff like how long thc lasts and when it peaks etc. I usually start smoking stuff right away if I like it, while it's still drying. Usually after I'm sure I have a good harvest I hash the old stuff, but I've smoked 6 month old weed and never noticed much difference. I was under the impression that the thc is at it's peak at harvest and slowly degrades from there. I really have no idea lol.

I got an email from NASC today, the FBA Strawberry Banana auto is back in stock so I ordered a 3 pack. Also 2 unknown auto freebies. I just started a new grow so it'll be a while before I can grow it but I'm very psyched!

@Rexer thanks for bringing up light proof ziplock bags. I jumped out to Amazon and ordered some. That will free up a lot of space for me not having to keep everything in jars.

Take care!
Good luck with the SB BK! Hopefully you can get more vertical growth out of them than I did. I trained mine too low and compromised my yield. This plant should yield big for you, I'd just make sure to let her get whatever height under her as you can.

Apple Blossom
Flower Day 46
Random Sunday Bud Pictures

Sunday 3 6 #1.jpg

Sunday 3 6 #2 bud closeup.jpg

Sunday 3 6 #3.jpg

Sunday 3 6 #4.jpg

Sunday 3 6 #5.jpg

Gorgeous buds man! :welldone:
Thanks @BakedARea, and guess what? After I took those pics I went out back to go fishing and try out my new lure, a LIVE TARGET Golden Shiner with two treble hooks. I toss this thing out and within seconds I got the biggest hit of my life, by far. I hit back and got him, and this thing jumped out of the water completely 2X while I was bringing him in. Then he made a dash for the reeds at the shoreline and I got him. He's about four pounds. Helluva largemouth and that'll keep me high all day at least!

So some of the pics are small, but you get the idea, and the pic with my dog is for scale. Dog weighs 11 pounds.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke and food. Works for me. What time we eat bro
Ha!! Well, in this case Dust, the smoke would destroy the food. Largemouth unfortunately ain't that good to eat. They're more purely a sport fish. Some here say THE sport fish, which I find laughable. I've caught three pound Peacock Bass out here that fight double what this guy did. They are the kings. Actually a ciclid, an invasive species from South America.

Ha!! Well, in this case Dust, the smoke would destroy the food. Largemouth unfortunately ain't that good to eat. They're more purely a sport fish. Some here say THE sport fish, which I find laughable. I've caught three pound Peacock Bass out here that fight double what this guy did. They are the kings. Actually a ciclid, an invasive species from South America.
Kinda find to amberjack myself. I haven't fished in years. And when I do it be deep sea. But that want happen now . Scared of the ocean now . Bad issue with sharks now . Black tips and oceanic sharks

Ever fish for Muskie? Ive never fished them myself, but theyre in the area, and ive seen the lures:oops:

You'd need some serious smoke - just to get past reeling one in :laughtwo:

Or maybe "cure" just means something different for kief than for flower. :hmmmm:

Still don't know what the aging process would do to trichome heads, which in theory should be almost 100% THC (within the limits of our processes), other than degrade it to one extent or another.
I've heard Frenchy Cannoli :rip: say he's disappointed with the hash these days because there's no one year cure that was standard in the past. He suggests putting a temple ball tightly in cellophane for a year before it's ready. Or more! He goes with bubble hash. I don't know if that has anything to do with it? His opinion anyway.
He hot rolls his hash making it convert much of it to other than delta 9 I believe as well. Lots of things going on there.

Hey Jon :woohoo: I'm so jealous, I can't wait to start fishing again.
You want to catch the biggest fish in your pond.
Heavy line big hook and huge bobber or a little balloon is better.
Catch another one of those tilapia and put it on the hook with the balloon 2 feet above it.
Trip the bottom of the tilapias tail so it swims funny and attracts a monster, hehe.
Hold on for dear life. :rofl:
Hey did you get in heck yet? Howie ;)
Mabynhe is too busy to bother giving us heck. :laugh:
Glad your out in the sun enjoying yourself. :love:
You going to eat it.

Stay safe
Bill

Ever fish for Muskie? Ive never fished them myself, but theyre in the area, and ive seen the lures:oops:

Hey Rex :ciao:
Muskies are fun.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Jon :woohoo: I'm so jealous, I can't wait to start fishing again.
You want to catch the biggest fish in your pond.
Heavy line big hook and huge bobber or a little balloon is better.
Catch another one of those tilapia and put it on the hook with the balloon 2 feet above it.
Trip the bottom of the tilapias tail so it swims funny and attracts a monster, hehe.
Hold on for dear life. :rofl:
Hey did you get in heck yet? Howie ;)
Mabynhe is too busy to bother giving us heck. :laugh:
Glad your out in the sun enjoying yourself. :love:
You going to eat it.

Stay safe
Bill
No heck!!

Love the tilapia idea. I'm on that.

No but I so want to.

Back
Top Bottom