Jon's Outdoor Winter Photoperiod Grow

Oh bro that sucks big time but you know what they say, doo doo occurs. Ya never know what’s gonna happen just keep your fingers crossed 🤞. Good luck my friend. CL🍀
Yeah….well, thanks @CaptainLucky, there is one small (1%) chance it works out. It’s possible that all I did was stretch the buds out a little. That’s mostly the manifestation of it besides the round leaves at the top of the buds. They all look like they started stretching tall a bit - almost like foxtailing. But if it stops pretty much immediately (obviously we’re back on 12/12 as of 6:30) and shoots right back into flower, I MIGHT get away with it. As I said, the odds of that working out are, imo, quite low. But it was only around a week, and there is no actual “veg” growth yet - just the confused leaves at the top. I am already hundreds of dollars into this plant, so at this point I have no choice but to wait til a bud is ready enough to cut off and test and examine. I guess that’s when I’ll know. If I pick a bottom bud in a month and there’s no hermies, then there’s no hermies. I’ll have my fingers crossed.

This grow has kicked my ass @Azimuth. I’m used to loss, I get it, and it’s all good.

But jeez…

Mandarin Zkittlez
Tropicanna Banana
Crescendo
Humboldt Dream
And now probably the Mimosa

My wallet hurts.

This grow has kicked my ass @Azimuth. I’m used to loss, I get it, and it’s all good.

But jeez…

Mandarin Zkittlez
Tropicanna Banana
Crescendo
Humboldt Dream
And now probably the Mimosa

My wallet hurts.
What, you guys don’t suddenly go from 12/12 for a month of flower then toss in a week of 24/0? Jeez, I thought we were all doing that.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok I’m joking now. I’m over it.

How to F- Up A Perfectly Good Mimosa Plant, by Jon

Say hello to a very stupid and very pissed off Jon. So I didn’t like the roundness of the leaves coming out at the top of the buds. I thought, I’ve seen this before. And then I remembered where. The Spud Bud reveg. The leaves did this exact thing. So I checked my cords.

Dumbass Jon has gone from 12/12 from the top only, to 12 hours of top and side, to just 12 hours from the side. In other words - I plugged the side light into the wrong outlet, thinking it was the same as the other light and therefore on the timer. It was the wrong one.

So basically, since I installed the side light she’s been getting 24/0. 12 hours of both then 12 from the one side.

:(:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(:confused:

I’m so goddamn pissed off right now I can barely see straight.

So…side light is history. Back to 12/12 from above.

Who wants to bet there’s no way on god’s green earth this plant doesn’t hermie now. I’d almost bet my life on it.

Basically I took a plant that was as good as anything I’ve ever grown and ruined it. If she comes back from this and makes regular buds I’ll be shocked beyond shocked. I am so sure that I am now operating on the assumption that this plant will be a total and complete loss.

I sent the goddamn thing to reveg.

Shit.
So it was in flower already?
How long?
I ran experiments putting girls into flower for 1-2-3-4 weeks then back into the veg room.
I was experimenting to see if I could increase harvest.
Not 1 plant hermied.
All produced more Buds than just reg, veg, girls.
So you should have an increased harvest and a little extra veg.
No harm no foul.
Keep on trucking Grasshopper. ;)

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Who wants to bet there’s no way on god’s green earth this plant doesn’t hermie now. I’d almost bet my life on it.
I'm with Bill here and I'll take that bet. @Cnickson21 did the same thing with his timer mid-flower and it revegged. He corrected the timer and eventually harvested a beast:

received_3477310712538752-jpeg.2649041

How long?
I ran experiments putting girls into flower for 1-2-3-4 weeks then back into the veg room.
Not 1 plant hermied.
No harm no foul.

Bill284 😎
Man I hope you’re right!

I'm with Bill here and I'll take that bet. @Cnickson21 did the same thing with his timer mid-flower and it revegged. He corrected the timer and eventually harvested a beast:

@InTheShed, that’s awesome, and if both you and Bill agree, well, I gotta admit that makes me feel WAY better about it. Two Sensei’s saying the same thing has weight in my world. Thanks!

Interesting looking cola. Lots of leaves. I can’t see my buds turning out much differently in terms of leafiness, since the week of reveg (wow, that’s all it took!) produced a ton of leaves.

Mimosa
Flower Day 39 (?,lol)

I say 39? cuz I simply don’t know if I stay on the same days or not in light of the reveg. I’m going to start saying “Not Yet” instead. Lol!

To @InTheShed and @Bill284 (‘s) point the other day:

If this girl does NOT hermie on me, she actually might do just what these guys predicted may happen. Check her out. If she fills in now she will be a BEAST.

Damn I hope you guys are right!

B6BE79C6-E451-4416-A2B0-B75640A6230F.jpeg

8E4100A1-971D-4705-BB2D-D6B44753F635.jpeg

540DEC72-B731-4335-A288-29D50754532E.jpeg

Mimosa
Flower Day 39 (?,lol)

I say 39? cuz I simply don’t know if I stay on the same days or not in light of the reveg. I’m going to start saying “Not Yet” instead. Lol!

To @InTheShed and @Bill284 (‘s) point the other day:

If this girl does NOT hermie on me, she actually might do just what these guys predicted may happen. Check her out. If she fills in now she will be a BEAST.

Damn I hope you guys are right!

B6BE79C6-E451-4416-A2B0-B75640A6230F.jpeg

8E4100A1-971D-4705-BB2D-D6B44753F635.jpeg

540DEC72-B731-4335-A288-29D50754532E.jpeg
She has single leaves already, won't take her long now. :thumb:
Plant of the year. ;)
Have a good one Buddy. :high-five:

Bill284 😎

And then you'll just build in that practice to your future grows. Cutting edge stuff you've got going there.
Lol! Idk @Azimuth, you gotta factor in the stress factor and the fact that every strain is different. Some will always hermie from this. Some won’t. Not sure it would be worth the stress or taking the chance if it weren’t accidental as happened here. Lol!

How long?
Not 1 plant hermied.
No harm no foul.

Bill284 😎
Keep on trucking? I hate to tell ya but your dating yourself.lol CL🍀 :Namaste:

@InTheShed and @Bill284, I am loving you guys more each day I watch this Mimosa.

She is honestly looking like she’s going to fill in all those colas. For real, I think she’s going to.

If that indeed happens, not only will you guys win the bet (thank god!) but I’ll have a MONSTER of a Mimosa.

Omg.

817557B9-FA18-4B8C-8CD2-5F3BF282AF25.jpeg

@InTheShed and @Bill284, I am loving you guys more each day I watch this Mimosa.

She is honestly looking like she’s going to fill in all those colas. For real, I think she’s going to.

If that indeed happens, not only will you guys win the bet (thank god!) but I’ll have a MONSTER of a Mimosa.

Omg.

817557B9-FA18-4B8C-8CD2-5F3BF282AF25.jpeg
Imagine her twice that size. :yahoo:
She will surprise you. ;)
:morenutes::bravo: hehe.

Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom