KCCO’s First Grow In Hydro

Good evening to all. Not much going on over here tonight. Had some free time so I grabbed a few cuts of some of the moms.
Here r two moms just about to get a good trim
All the numbers in the flower room are good. No big ph swing this res change. It seems like the veg food keeps the ph much more stable.
Ladies in flower r all good. I have lowered my light and turned up the air in the buckets.

Good evening everyone hope all is well. Things around here r going great the ladies in flower r loving life. I have had the light at 600 watts now for 5 nights and the plants seem to have settled in nicely. Tonight I turned it up to 800. I will keep it here until the first sign of flower. They r having their last meal of veg food at 900 ppm.
Bucket #1 Buckets #2and3
I had to tie a few branches down they were getting a little out of control

Good evening everyone hope all is well. Things around here r going great the ladies in flower r loving life. I have had the light at 600 watts now for 5 nights and the plants seem to have settled in nicely. Tonight I turned it up to 800. I will keep it here until the first sign of flower. They r having their last meal of veg food at 900 ppm.
Bucket #1 Buckets #2and3
I had to tie a few branches down they were getting a little out of control
Looking great budday, when you upload a gallery there are three little dots ... That will allow you to rotate a photo if you want once you have finished uploading. Just so you know.....it is time sensitive though. Only have 420minutes to adjust I believe.

I was in a hydro store today in Markham and the owner was talking to me about artificially creating additional terpenes that you can add to your shatter. He said a 2ml bottle is like $90 , I don't think I completely understand the concept LOL. He was telling me that let's say for instance you like Skywalker OG. Well they would make a copy of the Sky Walker OG terpene profile, and then allow you to add concentrated amounts of that terpene profile to your favorite shatter Etc once it is completed. The necessary components come from a variety of places but not from marijuana in order to create these concentrated terpene profiles..... I had to say it was a very interesting conversation.

I was in a hydro store today in Markham and the owner was talking to me about artificially creating additional terpenes that you can add to your shatter. He said a 2ml bottle is like $90 , I don't think I completely understand the concept LOL. He was telling me that let's say for instance you like Skywalker OG. Well they would make a copy of the Sky Walker OG terpene profile, and then allow you to add concentrated amounts of that terpene profile to your favorite shatter Etc once it is completed. The necessary components come from a variety of places but not from marijuana in order to create these concentrated terpene profiles..... I had to say it was a very interesting conversation.
It must be something like the terp sauce you smother diamonds/THCA in. I don’t know I never heard of artificial terps. What is it made from??

Looking great brother!

He told me that the terpenes are extracted from all natural sources, just not marijuana. When you look on the terpene profile of something like Skywalker OG (I use that as an example because so did he), there are a whole bunch of different terpenes within the profile. They just add each one of those terps at the recommended percentage until they make up the entire profile. They use all natural sources.....pretty wild!

Hey there, nice grow!

I'm just putting together my 4 bucket RDWC system right now, looking at other people's systems to see how they did it.

I've got a couple questions if you don't mind.

First, what distance between buckets do you recommend? I've got 4 buckets, and I have a 4X8' tent, with one 900W Viparspectra LED, and a 420W Viparspectra hung next to it.

Next, why did you connect each tube with a rubber collar with clamps instead of running the tube directly from uniseal to uniseal?

Is that for ease of disassembly and or cleaning?

I'm always worried about leaks, the more connections you have. I actually ran aquarium silicone around my uniseals before installing them in the buckets as my hole saw did not make a super snug hole unfortunately.

Last question, what is the tubing bypass assembly between the bucket and reservoir for? Is it an overflow guard, or used for draining the system?

Thanks!
:)

Hey there, nice grow!

I'm just putting together my 4 bucket RDWC system right now, looking at other people's systems to see how they did it.

I've got a couple questions if you don't mind.

First, what distance between buckets do you recommend? I've got 4 buckets, and I have a 4X8' tent, with one 900W Viparspectra LED, and a 420W Viparspectra hung next to it.

Next, why did you connect each tube with a rubber collar with clamps instead of running the tube directly from uniseal to uniseal?

Is that for ease of disassembly and or cleaning?

I'm always worried about leaks, the more connections you have. I actually ran aquarium silicone around my uniseals before installing them in the buckets as my hole saw did not make a super snug hole unfortunately.

Last question, what is the tubing bypass assembly between the bucket and reservoir for? Is it an overflow guard, or used for draining the system?

Thanks!
:)
Welcome I will start by saying I have only just started to grow RDWC. Everything I am doing is just to learn so I can put together a larger system in the fall. The system itself was built by looking through people’s journals and 1000 hrs of utube lol. As far as bucket spacing there r many things to consider such as how big do u want to grow your plants-ceiling height-will u be putting the res in there. This is just a few as well as a little room to work is always nice. My buckets r 26 inches center of bucket to center of bucket.my plants can get to b about 30 inches in diameter before they grow together to much. From what I have seen so far my set up is good for a 3 foot plant 24 to 30 inches in diameter. I have been advised here to keep the res and air pump outside the grow. I will be doing this when I get into my new space. More space between buckets is better the plants grow so quick they will fill in the space. Next the rubber connectors r for disassemble and cleaning as well as it makes it easy to move around. I have never had a leak yet and I also am always paranoid about leaks. I use a impact driver and a 5/16 nut driver to tighten the clamps. So far so good. I will also say I get a thin film on every piece of rubber in the system Including my uniseals. Yet the pvc dose not get it at all. It dose not seem to effect the plants. It could b my nute mix. I don’t know u may have done this but hole saw in reverse after the drill bit is sunk will cut a perfect hole very controlled. The unit between the res and buckets is something I picked up on this website watching @Scrogdawg. He was the one I copied it from. It allows me to keep the water level in the buckets the same no matter how much water is in the res. Hope this helps. If u have any ?? Feel free to ask

That's all great info!

I do have another question, what did you use to seal your pipes together with?

I bought ABS 1.5" pipes as the guy at the hardware store told me ABS was better for hydroponics or drinking water than PVC.

Did you use cement to weld your connections together?

The only ABS cement I can find around here says not for water supplies, drains only, so I was thinking I could use the 100% aquarium grade silicone to connect the pipes together with.

Will silicone sealant work with ABS pipes?

That's all great info!

I bought ABS 1.5" pipes as the guy at the hardware store told me ABS was better for hydroponics or drinking water than PVC.

The only ABS cement I can find around here says not for water supplies, drains only, so I was thinking I could use the 100% aquarium grade silicone to connect the pipes together with.

Will silicone sealant work with ABS pipes?[/

I used this stuff. It has worked good so far. I don’t know enough about aquarium grade silicone to comment on it I have never used it. This is made to connect abs to pvc.

If u have more ?? I am happy to answer the best I can. Enjoy

That's all great info!

Will silicone sealant work with ABS pipes?
The guy at the hardware store is a dink! ABS is derived from petroleum based products like coal and is NOT suitable for drinking water. Totally acceptable for all drainage applications. For us, you should have no problem fastening ABS together using traditional epoxy as were not ingesting the water. CPVC is by far your best choice when it comes to plastic piping, as it is approved for potable water. Most stay away from ABS on here due to its color (black), cost and the sheer fact that they have more availability to different products.

Should I really use the ABS then?

I seriously went to 4 different places looking for 1.5" PVC pipe, and nobody had any. I was lucky to get this stuff, but I won't us it if it is toxic or will put chemicals into my plants.

This is my medicine, so I don't want any toxins.

The plants are ingesting the water and I am ingesting the plants!

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom