Hey @Keffka , just read through this journal, and must say I'm blown away for what you accomplished, especially for a first grow!? Wow. Impressive from a knowledge acquired perspective, as well as your results. Will only get better from here but you're starting at an already high level.

I saw some discussion with @Gee64 about using fish fertilizer to support the fungal growth in your pots and wanted to suggest that's an easy one to make yourself. Takes time though.

I make the KNF (Korean Natural Farming) version of FAA (Fish Amino Acid) basically equal parts of fish (guts, whole fish, heads, tails, whatever) and brown sugar with some microbes. Somewhat usable after a few months but gets better with age. Make it yourself and you know what's in it and, maybe at least as importantly, what's not.

Something to consider as you ramp up for your next grow.
Hey @Keffka ,

Wanted to be sure you saw this post.

Hey @Keffka , just read through this journal, and must say I'm blown away for what you accomplished, especially for a first grow!? Wow. Impressive from a knowledge acquired perspective, as well as your results. Will only get better from here but you're starting at an already high level.

I saw some discussion with @Gee64 about using fish fertilizer to support the fungal growth in your pots and wanted to suggest that's an easy one to make yourself. Takes time though.

I make the KNF (Korean Natural Farming) version of FAA (Fish Amino Acid) basically equal parts of fish (guts, whole fish, heads, tails, whatever) and brown sugar with some microbes. Somewhat usable after a few months but gets better with age. Make it yourself and you know what's in it and, maybe at least as importantly, what's not.

Something to consider as you ramp up for your next grow.

:Namaste:

Thank you very much, I appreciate it greatly! I definitely had some outstanding assistance that really inspired me to push forward. I learned so much in such a short amount of time it’s almost addicting lol.

This FAA sounds perfect! I was just looking at my fish fertilizers and am not too thrilled about some of the ingredients. Not to mention anything that gets me closer to producing my own inputs is always a boon.

Also thanks for retagging lol some times stuff gets buried in the notifications as I imagine you know well

Also reminded me I have pictures lol.. I’ve gotta find some better light and a better background for a better look

D151484B-F84D-48A5-966C-CDD8DF03F14E.jpeg

32363777-8B04-4527-B81D-FC1B2A802BF7.jpeg

02C408E6-B061-4A1C-B4F6-ADD0BCD790F9.jpeg

Getting close to the one month timeframe.. Snapped a picture of this beautiful bud just now.. you can see it’s sativa characteristics beautifully.. You can see the trichomes super concentrated up near the top which makes sense, this was closest to the light. I know the hairs (stigmas) have no THC relevance but they sure do make the bud look pretty

130B11B3-52C4-4733-9224-022814596066.jpeg

Thank you to everyone that voted for this journal for Grow Journal of the Month.. We tied for first but didn’t win. I’m not sure of the criteria for a tie breaker and have requested that information in the January 23 Grow Journal of the Month thread and will post it here if/when I get an answer.

Regardless of that.. This was an amazing experience that truly helped me hone my journaling and growing skills. Seeing the names of those of you who voted for me really boosted my confidence that I’m on the right track. I will continue to perfect my growing and journaling skills as we move forward.

I have one last update for this journal in about 7 days and that will be the one month cure update. I’m excited to see how it goes because the other jars were incredible quality already.

I’m astonished what I was able to pull off with bagseed, and am super intrigued to see how well I can grow genetics I have handpicked to suit my grow. I have my next journal up right now where we’re running the same bagseed again to tighten up the last few ends of my environment. I strongly suspect this second journal will yield even greater quality and weight, you can check it out here:

Hope to see everyone there, and Happy New Year!

Thanks for having us @Keffka it was a great grow!👍👊
Agreed. And the information shared in the thread is gold. Good stuff all around.

And the contests are in part exposure based, meaning the more growers exposed to your work the better your chances if you have a thread already worthy. Getting more exposure for your next grow might very well help you in that vein.

But regardless, I very much enjoyed your thread and it got my vote. :thumb:

Agreed. And the information shared in the thread is gold. Good stuff all around.

And the contests are in part exposure based, meaning the more growers exposed to your work the better your chances if you have a thread already worthy. Getting more exposure for your next grow might very well help you in that vein.

But regardless, I very much enjoyed your thread and it got my vote. :thumb:

The journal itself far exceeded my expectations and gave me the confidence I needed to reinforce my knowledge. That alone was worth it. Seeing the people I respect and look to as high quality members vote for it in a contest was icing on the cake!

As far as the exposure goes, I get that, it’s a reoccurring theme in my life lol. I tend to keep to myself and in the background as much as possible. The true rewards for me are acknowledgement from people I view as peers or role models/experts, which I received and then some. I think as I spend more time here it will become inevitable that exposure will happen just through community engagement and the information I’m putting out in my journals.

Regardless, at the end of the day, I’m really here to learn, grow, and spread what knowledge I can to those coming behind us and this place is perfect for that.

I wrote that I would post here when I figured out what happened with the tie and how a tied competition is dealt with. Here is the information straight from Renee:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to clarify things since it looks like there was tie. The poll was open an hour longer than it was meant to be, I couldn't get it to close any sooner. But when I checked it at midnight, there wasn't a tie, GreenFingaz was ahead by one. Someone must've come along and voted again right before the poll actually closed, making it look like a tie. Normally in the event of a tie, I would announce it and we would leave the poll open until it's broken.

Sorry for the confusion and Happy New Year!

This will probably make it into the guidelines for future contests, however if it doesn’t, we now know how it works. I appreciate the time and energy the admins dedicate to this place to make it what it is, and am more than satisfied with the reasoning/answer.

As I said, it was an honor just to be nominated. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for our community!

So I got impatient and tried the 1 month cure a few days early. Holy. Hell. I’ve never smoked anything like this before except one time in high school which may just be nostalgia.

I hit the joint 6 times. I got so high in my head and body I had to take a moment and breathe and remind myself I was stoned. I can’t believe it.. The taste is wonderfully sweet and the smoke is so smooth with no throat tickle at all. I am completely sold on this way of growing and can never go back 🤣.. I am almost intimidated to see what a 3 and 6 month cure will be like.

I am a fan of downers and depressants so I am extremely excited to see what happens with an indica lean

So I got impatient and tried the 1 month cure a few days early. Holy. Hell. I’ve never smoked anything like this before except one time in high school which may just be nostalgia.

I hit the joint 6 times. I got so high in my head and body I had to take a moment and breathe and remind myself I was stoned. I can’t believe it.. The taste is wonderfully sweet and the smoke is so smooth with no throat tickle at all. I am completely sold on this way of growing and can never go back 🤣.. I am almost intimidated to see what a 3 and 6 month cure will be like.

I am a fan of downers and depressants so I am extremely excited to see what happens with an indica lean
That's the good sh*t! I swear good homegrown doesn't have a ceiling Keffka.

That's the good sh*t! I swear good homegrown doesn't have a ceiling Keffka.

To me, the difference was even more pronounced than a homegrown veggie or fruit is versus commercially produced veggies and fruits. I had so many limiting factors happening and the quality was still that high. Bonkers.. I can’t wait to see your SIP results.. Yield is cool and all but does it taste good and does it blow your skull back is what I wanna know 😂

To me, the difference was even more pronounced than a homegrown veggie or fruit is versus commercially produced veggies and fruits. I had so many limiting factors happening and the quality was still that high. Bonkers.. I can’t wait to see your SIP results.. Yield is cool and all but does it taste good and does it blow your skull back is what I wanna know 😂
That's right! Did you drought that one?

Just a little random bud photo from this grow. It rolled on to its side and I was holding my phone so I figured I’d snap a picture.

When I open the jar the smell explodes out into the air. It’s very pungent and likes to linger. I can smell when my wife has rolled a joint minutes after she’s finished.

141D5619-D4BD-422E-A2A7-B94F7050B896.jpeg

50203BD2-234E-4AB9-9D26-A4EFAC66ECD2.jpeg

0735CB68-4B82-4D96-992C-3AB828169C7E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom