When you think about the fact that we’re essentially combining 17ish elements into something so amazing and complex it gives you a really cool feeling that’s hard to describe but I would definitely include fun as part of the feeling lol.

I have started my next journal. I laid out my intro and plan and will begin posting my pictures this evening. Here is the link for those interested:

@Gee64 im tagging you so you can see the link.. If your notifications are like mine, that SIP thread overwhelms my inbox lol
Thanks Keff Im in👍

So I don’t even need to wait the full 2 weeks to review the buds.

They are sticky and dense. When I break them down they have that awesome kinetic sand look and feel I love. They are pungently funky. That real powerful weed funk smell. It burns real nice and smooth. The taste is great as well, a sugary tang almost, with a finish so smooth it doesn’t even tickle my throat. The high is clean and clear, nice and heady however it does give me wicked munchies lol. I’ve been snacking for days now. This weed is easily in my top 10 smokes I’ve ever had so I have to say I am beyond pleased with the results.

F58FF7B2-E516-4F8C-AFFB-16CA541AB14C.jpeg

47F42101-334E-44D2-AA15-79D82098D98A.jpeg

E730E503-E0D1-41A2-A815-98A2F5B22137.jpeg

6DAC3CBE-002E-40CC-B44A-075FE469A0B9.jpeg

8C8C3883-0A8E-4696-9B82-9E1D9AA8DAF9.jpeg

Here’s an image of what it’s ash looks like.. It’s been a while since I’ve seen such grey ash. I’m very happy but I wonder how much more impressive it would’ve been if I wouldn’t have had to rescue it. Oh well, the whole point was to learn and refine, and I did a whole lot of that 😂

I will post another update again at 2 weeks to see the comparison

F06A9B43-AE2A-4B62-9090-CDE0740850F1.jpeg

Here’s an image of what it’s ash looks like.. It’s been a while since I’ve seen such grey ash. I’m very happy but I wonder how much more impressive it would’ve been if I wouldn’t have had to rescue it. Oh well, the whole point was to learn and refine, and I did a whole lot of that 😂

How’s the flavorrrrr!

How’s the flavorrrrr!

It’s nice and sweet, sort of pungently fruity, with a smooth finish. I still am catching hints of homegrown in it though, that slight leafy note on top of the taste. I assume this is related to the chlorophyll still breaking down slightly, which is fine by me, I sort of enjoy that homegrown taste, it reminds me of how vegetables taste from your own garden.

I can also tell that there’s a bit of quality/high still hiding in it that will be brought out over the cure.

That green chlorophyl taste will definitely disappear as it cures. I find 4-8 weeks, depending on the strain, and usually at about 6 weeks, gets alot better. Potency usually climbs noticably as well. At 3 months most strains get really good. The climb in quality usually occurs for about a year and then anything can happen. I have some strains that really decrease in potency after that and some strains that just keep getting better. Its fun science😎😎 Enjoy it!

That green chlorophyl taste will definitely disappear as it cures. I find 4-8 weeks, depending on the strain, and usually at about 6 weeks, gets alot better. Potency usually climbs noticably as well. At 3 months most strains get really good. The climb in quality usually occurs for about a year and then anything can happen. I have some strains that really decrease in potency after that and some strains that just keep getting better. Its fun science😎😎 Enjoy it!

I was thinking about how she came off the drying already tasty and stinky and was wondering if it had something to do with my finish. Toward the end of the grow none of the leaves were green any more except for the sugar leaves, so I assume chlorophyll production either slowed or stopped which makes sense, she ran out of fuel for production. This in my mind most likely contributed to its overall taste and smoothness so soon off the branch. Or, I’m just not giving myself enough credit for the grow lol.

Either way, I jarred it in 4 jars on purpose so I can try each one at different points.. I’m fascinated by the idea of how the buds will look after a nice cure, especially the golden color. My MIL really messed up her drying and curing so I was able to tell the difference proper procedures made between what she had and what I had and it’s ridiculous. It’s the difference between brick weed and chronic smh

1st off dont sell yourself short. It may have been a rescue but it was a fully organic, non-synthetic rescue and it was mainly just a lack of carbon so your minerals and trace minerals were all still sufficient in the pot, and you didnt break and just fertilize, you put in effort every day to see it thru properly. That translates into a 100% organic grow which removes alot of the things you are used to tasting in weed like fertilizers and bug sprays. You are actually smoking real pure cannabis now.You both earned and deserve the real tastes you are getting. As the Rev would say," Your palletes gonna change Mes Amigos" and pretty soon you won't want to smoke anything that you can't source. Some call it an awakening, I call it "Oh thank God its as good as they said it would be cuz it was a ton of work and worry!" but really its a big factor why most who give organics a try never go back. Its that taste. Next time you smoke a buddies weed you will taste the sharp tang of metallicness that synthetics add and it will drive it all home for you. Enjoy it Keff its 100% you that did it but heres the clincher... It was only your 1st organic grow. Just think what grow 5 or 10 or 20 will be like. You are going to end up with a lot of friends lolol. My buddies lovvvveeeee Christmas around my house I tell you! Hash, honey oil, and who knows what strains, all handed out generously because after a year it starts to flatline or even go downhill and theres always another crop coming. And yes, when a plant finishes properly the taste is better. When your pot is big enough to not run out the plant will tell you when you have roughly 2 weeks til harvest. The leaves go yellow or pink or purple or whatever old age looks like for the strain you are growing. All curing really is is cutting the plant up and storing it in a manner that keeps those chunks alive for a really long time and it has no choice but to eat whats left in the sugar leaves until it finally 100% dies, at which point its fully cured. Turn that chlorophyl into THC! Enjoy every puff👊

I also find that if I only trim to the sugar line on the leaves, then cure, then final trim when I am rolling doobies, I get the best tastes. The jar itself smells a little bunkier with the extra green, but the cure cures better with the extra leaf matter there for the plant to eat during curing. Then I save all the sugar trim and once a year make honey oil or hash with it. I havent tried edibles but I would imagine its great for that too.

Oh thank God its as good as they said it would be cuz it was a ton of work and worry!"

😂 this is hilarious because that’s exactly what I thought. “Man I’m really glad this came out so well that even my wife is impressed” that translates to vindicating the time and money spent, especially because so often she’s not able to pick out different highs and flavors. She definitely noticed the difference it made which is saying something.

For example, she didn’t even complain when I put all of the ingredients on the kitchen table to do my checklist for the next grow. Before, I had to do stuff like that upstairs or in the attic but now she’s intrigued because I obviously know something her mom doesn’t 😂.

I also find that if I only trim to the sugar line on the leaves, then cure, then final trim when I am rolling doobies, I get the best tastes. The jar itself smells a little bunkier with the extra green, but the cure cures better with the extra leaf matter there for the plant to eat during curing. Then I save all the sugar trim and once a year make honey oil or hash with it. I havent tried edibles but I would imagine its great for that too.

So a lot of this seems like logic to me. If you understand the processes you can apply the logic because I definitely left sugar leaves in specific spots because my thinking was they would breakdown into the buds and also help maintain a steady even cure.

Oh I should add a warning.... RH in that stored jar is RELATIVE humidity. If you move those jars around the house and the ambient temperatures change, the humidity in the jars can change as the humidity is relative to the temperature so keep that in mind or you could end up with too dry crispy weed or too humid and moldy weed.

Oh I should add a warning.... RH in that stored jar is RELATIVE humidity. If you move those jars around the house and the ambient temperatures change, the humidity in the jars can change as the humidity is relative to the temperature so keep that in mind or you could end up with too dry crispy weed or too humid and moldy weed.
I’m gonna pickup some of the little hygrometers you can pop into the jars.. I have a monitor for everything else except when it’s in the jar and it’s making me freak out a little lol

I’m gonna pickup some of the little hygrometers you can pop into the jars.. I have a monitor for everything else except when it’s in the jar and it’s making me freak out a little lol
Yes they are essential. Place them in so you can read them without opening the lids and put a 2-way Boveeda 62% in every jar as well. If the hygrometers start acting wacky its almost always just a battery.

Yes they are essential. Place them in so you can read them without opening the lids and put a 2-way Boveeda 62% in every jar as well. If the hygrometers start acting wacky its almost always just a battery.

I’ve got (2) 62% bovedas in each jar on each side of the buds. Do they go above 62% or will they just hold it? Obviously the environment can go above that but will the packs just reject the extra humidity?

Welcome to pure enjoyment!

I always thought for cannabis to be really good at getting me baked it was gonna have to tickle a little and weigh on my chest. Oh how ignorant I have been 😂

You're in your vehicle smoking weed! Who does that?

ME! :laughtwo:

You're in your vehicle smoking weed! Who does that?

ME! :laughtwo:

OOF! Didn’t even think about the optics of that 😂

I’m a better driver when I’m smoking/stoned. I’m more patient, pay better attention, and am much less aggressive (still aggressive when I need to be, metro driving requires a level of aggression).

I don’t mind long drives either, smoking and riding on the freeway is one of the more relaxing things I’ve encountered.

Cure update.. It’s been 2 weeks today.. The cannabis has become markedly stronger. Originally I’d have to smoke half a joint to get a nice buzz, going, now it only takes 6 hits to get a powerful high. It is a strong head high that’s clear and uplifting. It’s not so much energetic, but leaves you feeling ready for anything. The come down is smooth with no lethargy. Munchies are out of control 😂.

It smells fruity and pungent in the jar. I can smell it being broken up in opposite ends of the house. The taste is extremely smooth with no throat tickle and has a nice cannabis funky after taste. I need to keep water on hand though cuz the cottonmouth is out of this world.
I’ll check back in with a one month report in 2 weeks.

I’ll post pictures in the morning I’m at my in-laws currently for holiday stuff.

Hey @Keffka , just read through this journal, and must say I'm blown away for what you accomplished, especially for a first grow!? Wow. Impressive from a knowledge acquired perspective, as well as your results. Will only get better from here but you're starting at an already high level.

I saw some discussion with @Gee64 about using fish fertilizer to support the fungal growth in your pots and wanted to suggest that's an easy one to make yourself. Takes time though.

I make the KNF (Korean Natural Farming) version of FAA (Fish Amino Acid) basically equal parts of fish (guts, whole fish, heads, tails, whatever) and brown sugar with some microbes. Somewhat usable after a few months but gets better with age. Make it yourself and you know what's in it and, maybe at least as importantly, what's not.

Something to consider as you ramp up for your next grow.

Back
Top Bottom