How are the Ladies doing?
They’re doing good.. There hasn’t been much change visually which is why I haven’t updated yet. They’re 9 days from harvest. There was one slight change in that the colas started to fall over, so the resin must be coming in thick because there has been no visible growth. Idk if you can see in these images but one of the colas is super leaning, I actually had to check the stem to make sure it didn’t snap it was leaning so much. I’ve also had to support 2 of the other colas as well

DA012C10-99DC-4CC9-A89B-CCC32CB62639.jpeg

119A6804-C6A7-4859-996C-71F4B3B18E57.jpeg

Your colas are too heavy!!! Dang Dude thats a true 1st world problem!🤣👊

lol was definitely one of those problems you’re happy to see once the nervousness of checking for splits subsided

It's a miracle it took this long to happen! You grew a good strong branched plant! One of few I've seen and grown myself! I usually have a net to drop over them to steady them. There's something to be said about a plant that can hold up it's colas this long!

Throughout the grow I exposed the stems to fairly vigorous airflow.. They don’t typically mention it as a stress technique but anyone whose grown outside knows cannabis can take some wind lol. Ive also made sure the plant has always gently swayed at a minimum. Constant little vibrations throughout the plant.

Moving forward though, especially as I hone my skill in further I will most likely need to begin netting or using stakes. I’ve seen the size these colas can reach and there’s no way my stems would’ve held up without intervention. Although who knows. The stems may have grown that much thicker if I wouldn’t have made a few slip ups. I’ll find out sooner or later lol.

Flower Day 66 It may be time to harvest.. I watered her Friday and she’s still damp. She should’ve already gone through the water and be ready for more. The majority of the trichomes are now cloudy.. Still not many signs of amber but I’m not surprised with the sativa heavy characteristics.

I’m gonna clean up the leaves today and start preparing to take her down

MIL gave me this for drying, I’ll give it a shot and see how it does.

9D2F47FC-6597-4F99-866D-D7B9F4665DF5.jpeg
I have two of those. Make sure to wash them between uses, I think that's how my Romulan got mouldy while drying this year.
They also flatten one side of the buds, but that's a cosmetic issue.

I have two of those. Make sure to wash them between uses, I think that's how my Romulan got mouldy while drying this year.
They also flatten one side of the buds, but that's a cosmetic issue.
Oh man thank you for that reminder. MIL had PM and bud rot.. I would’ve been upset lol

The takedown has occurred.. I cut her near the base, and flipped her upside down. I let her sit that way over night and the next day I went in and separated each Cola from the base. I removed all of the larger fan leaves and debris that was left and only have general trimming of sugar leaves left to do.

I was going to move the drying operation so I could get started on the next grow but I decided against it. The room offers me a perfect environment free of major light sources for drying. I’ve kept the room between 65-68 and between 40-50 rh.. small peaks and valleys have occurred in the temp and rh but not many and not for long. She’s drying nice and slowly which is exactly what I wanted, and I am trying like hell to keep the temp from going above 67.9 F.

I didn’t weigh her wet. I made a note that next time I would like to, just to get an idea of the amount of water I’m dealing with. My estimate is that each cola has an average of a quarter ounce to it, and I’m estimating conservatively. I will consider it a resounding success if I am able to produce 2 ounces of quality flower from my 3 gallon organicish grow. The knowledge and experience alone made the grow worth it, I’m already far more prepared for my next grow and am very confident I won’t need to perform any rescues.

I will update again once I am ready to begin curing.

653CC757-DB6E-47AC-A150-204D7767CA49.jpeg

9EA87884-1086-4BCB-A7E5-2C8B8D327EE4.jpeg

3D8EB3E0-90A8-4D08-AA78-0023CAB8C60D.jpeg

8D467FDA-6DA5-4E1A-9628-7249D8D8B7DD.jpeg

F9C79AE8-DF3A-4378-B769-8EE5B5C2B1FF.jpeg

C39223A1-9066-49A1-A7C6-D3BF184F138C.jpeg

I am going to begin another journal soon for my next grow. I am undecided as to whether or not I’ll make that a perpetual journal. I am leaning towards no because I plan on doing many experiments and it may be easier to have them categorized.

I will post the link here when I create it but it will be a TLO style with CoM Stonington blend and amendments. I’ll also be using an organic 4-4-4 all purpose from Jobes and Myco from great white. CoM comes with myco in its soils but after looking at my rootball and seeing no signs of myco I’m not risking it.

So after looking at my rootball and breaking it down to look inside I can see why I was having issues. For starters there’s no signs of myco anywhere.. No fuzziness, even the roots don’t appear to have filaments in them. As I think back to the other transplants I don’t remember seeing signs after the solo cup transplant. There’s a high probability I killed the myco off early and this lead to a series of escalating issues culminating in a brutal flowering phase with severe PK deficiencies. I didn’t manually add myco during the grow, I went with what was in the mix, so I’m unsurprised with this.

Life was abundant though.. Tons of roots, very healthy looking, lots of springtails, no sign of being root bound at all.. I could’ve probably vegged another month in that pot and still wouldn’t have bound it. The soil smelled wonderfully earthy when I broke the rootball open which makes me very happy. I will never again use a bagged mix without adding perlite though. The way the dirt felt compacted to me, I feel like it could’ve been a detriment to root growth, obviously it wasn’t so bad as to prevent oxygen and flip it anaerobic, quite the opposite actually, but I still feel if it would’ve been aerated better I would’ve seen better results.

With there being no signs of myco colonization I don’t really want to make many more assumptions about what went wrong because it can all really be ran back to the lack of myco. Missing such a critical element of the soil food web makes it near impossible to judge many other issues outside of the obvious like aeration.

All in all it was a good run where I learned lots and now have the confidence of experience. I am excited to move forward as I’ve felt like my hands have been tied for months now. When I started learning TLO and soil food web stuff it was already too late to make any real meaningful changes to the grow. Now though I can start putting those changes into effect.

I am going to begin another journal soon for my next grow. I am undecided as to whether or not I’ll make that a perpetual journal. I am leaning towards no because I plan on doing many experiments and it may be easier to have them categorized.
One thing to consider is a perpetual isn't available to get a journal of the month/year award.

But congratulations for growing that beautiful plant to the end in such small digs! Great job! I can't wait for the next grow!

One thing to consider is a perpetual isn't available to get a journal of the month/year award.

But congratulations for growing that beautiful plant to the end in such small digs! Great job! I can't wait for the next grow!
Thanks! I believe I read that Rev is able to pull 4 ozs off a 2 gallon pot. I know for sure he said 3 ozs in a 2 gallon. I consider 1.5 ozs/gallon a good ratio to aim for so that’s my goal in this next grow. It should be easily attainable just by avoiding my deficiencies and shortcomings without having to go nuts

I’ll also be running 4 plants this time around. It’s wickedly inefficient to have my light on for anything less.

Thanks! I believe I read that Rev is able to pull 4 ozs off a 2 gallon pot. I know for sure he said 3 ozs in a 2 gallon. I consider 1.5 ozs/gallon a good ratio to aim for so that’s my goal in this next grow. It should be easily attainable just by avoiding my deficiencies and shortcomings without having to go nuts

I’ll also be running 4 plants this time around. It’s wickedly inefficient to have my light on for anything less.
That's in his self watering pots in particular yes? @Krissi Carbone uses his style pots and absolutely slays with them!

Well done Keffka👍👊 You did a beautiful rescue for a really long time👍😊. I can't wait to see what you come up with for your next grow. Myco really needs to establish itself well before microbes get too populous or the microbes will feast on the fugii. In small pots thats much harder to manage. What I did when I was running 2.5g cloth pots was only add myco to the starter cup, no ewc or tea. Fish fert only to establish the myco, then uppot that fungal dominant solo cup to the 2.5gal pot and again only water and fish fert for about 2 weeks until large white roots poke out the bottom of the bags, then introduce ewc and ewc teas. If I ran ewc in the 2.5gal mix I often had myco problems and at harvest the solo cup rootball would easily pull out of the 2.5g pot. If I did it again I would get a good fungal tea recipe and once the microbes are revving in the 2.5gals give them a fungal tea on a schedule. Myco is one of the many main reasons I went back to 10gal pots. Myco needs the room. Microbes can't move far so myco needs to get away from them. Once myco gets established the myco will control the microbes and the trade route is established. Get that set in a small pot and manage it closely you can get 3-4 oz per pot but you need to start with a clone to do it or you run out of time and the pot is out of food. Can't wait👊

Back
Top Bottom