Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED Grow

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

ok what happens is when your forcing the growing tips open on a frequent basis. Your basically forcing light to the imature baby growth, this makes the foliage develop quicker than normal. This in turn means hardly any stretch between nodes, keeping them stacked for bigger colas! :)

science!!!

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

The gap between nodes is normally generated whilst the top nodal foliage is maturing. So by opening it all up as prematurely as you can , you get a quicker developed node. This then sends a message that gets the plant starting to develop the next node along. So you end up with way shorter node spacing up along the vert.
More nodes equals more buds! :)

SCIENCE!!!
LA, thanks for explaining the science behind opening up the tips. I have been doing it but I'm even more inclined to do it now!

Welcome godAM! Glad to have you along for the ride, check out journals in LA sig for the places we spend the most time!

OH, that good to hear about this. very professional!!! :circle-of-love:

OK what happens is when your forcing the growing tips open on a frequent basis. Your basically forcing light to the imature baby growth, this makes the foliage develop quicker than normal. This in turn means hardly any stretch between nodes, keeping them stacked for bigger colas! :)

As luck would have it, here's a snippet from my gf's email to me just a minute ago:

"My ride in was ok. Rt 3 sucked of course but I don't expect anything less. That's good about your project. I figured you would be able to fix it. Science!!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't know WHERE she gets it from?! With reference to "my project", it's code for my grow, since her work monitors her emails.

Glad to be aboard!!!! I too, am a Capn-style convert, so anyone who rocks his method is A-Okay with me!!! And LA is probably one of the smartest dudes around these parts, so I'm liabe to stick around.. Shit, with all this science going on, I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss it!!!! :)

lol , me smart???? I'm just a bum with plant OCD and a sh1t load of plastic coated garden wire! :) :)
The thing people need to do more is section your plants up in your mind. Once I'm building colas (especially with fluxing) I start treating each colas site as an individual plant. So then the work steps up, as your taking care of the secondary growth in an adapted manner. (Stunting some from stretching via defol or crushing of nodes).
These plants (photo anyway) let you completely determine every last little thing. It just comes down to the time you have and the level of plant OCD you are willing to succumb to! :)

OH, that good to hear about this. very professional!!! :circle-of-love:

I love the info LA gives!

As luck would have it, here's a snippet from my gf's email to me just a minute ago:

"My ride in was ok. Rt 3 sucked of course but I don’t expect anything less. That’s good about your project. I figured you would be able to fix it. Science!!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't know WHERE she gets it from?! With reference to "my project", it's code for my grow, since her work monitors her emails.

Glad to be aboard!!!! I too, am a Capn-style convert, so anyone who rocks his method is A-Okay with me!!! And LA is probably one of the smartest dudes around these parts, so I'm liabe to stick around.. Shit, with all this science going on, I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss it!!!! :)

HAHA your girlfriends knows the ways of the science! Yeah LA is great, don't listen to him when he plays himself down...he is an actual guru round these parts!

Another cap'n style convert! Excellent, I'm really enjoying not having to put ice bottles in my dwc pots like my last grow and can't wait to see the results

lol , me smart???? I'm just a bum with plant OCD and a sh1t load of plastic coated garden wire! :) :)
The thing people need to do more is section your plants up in your mind. Once I'm building colas (especially with fluxing) I start treating each colas site as an individual plant. So then the work steps up, as your taking care of the secondary growth in an adapted manner. (Stunting some from stretching via defol or crushing of nodes).
These plants (photo anyway) let you completely determine every last little thing. It just comes down to the time you have and the level of plant OCD you are willing to succumb to! :)

Don't have to be book smart to be smart. The things you know about plants and the things you do with your growing is nothing short of ingenious LA.
Fluxing is a science and its going to be mentioned in future cannabis fgrowing guides/bibles.

LA: I'm not old, but I'm working on it (mid-30's), and if there's one thing I've learned in life it's that smarts are a division of wisdom.. Regardless of you knowledge base, any time you've made efforts at something, whatever it may be (sports, career, family, etc..), any time you have made mistakes and learned, any time you've done something right and learned..... These all add up to the wisdom of a man/woman, which inherently is their "smarts." You're smart enough to do the right things now, and smart enough to avoid the bad.. Regardless, I've lurked on a host of your threads because this "fluxing" thing is blowing my freaking mind right now!! I've read it, and tried to understand it, and coming from a dude who did landscaping and plant management for stuff other than MJ, the concept is beyond spot-on!!!! After I read some explanations of it, it had me thinking of the arbor vitae or cypress, or even the holly bushes I used to prune and how "topping" them, or normal trimming them resulted in a much more full and vigorous plant that then required pruning EVERY DAMN MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not anger, that's knowledge in the flanks.. The wisdom came when I started looking at a plant that I enjoyed so much, and the connection was made.. You CAN abuse pretty much any plant and make it come back stronger; it's all about the approach..

And you sir............ Did a pretty damn good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I've made it that far into your volumes of wisdom, but what was your actual motivation for fluxing?? Was it an "Ah HAAAAAAAAAA!!" moment, or more of a, "shit... I think I broke this thing at the stem... Fuck it, let's see what we can do!!!"??

(Sorry Koncept, not trying to jack the thread homie!!)

This ain't thread jacking! This some high level cannabis discussions going on dawg!!!

I love coming back from work to see people having been talking on my thread.//its the shiz

lol :) fluxing sort of happened by a stroke of luck. My plant was a mutant and threw herself into having two growing tops. So I started looking at ML tech. This techniques name was discussed and not liked so I was kind of asked to come up with a new name for it. It looked the shape of the flux capacitor from the film. So we went for that name.
Then me being me and loving my wire training I just kind of looked at my girl one day and it just fell into place and the plan was set. This then led to the style being discussed at length on another's ML thread and because I'd gone more HST LST etc with more limbs, it was descided that the style stood as its own, away from ML. :) :)
So Fluxing has now gone a bit nuts! :)
I am honestly very proud to see so many trying my little style! :)

Yield Numbers for all your students will be rolling in over the next few month, sensei

I hate to seem wishy-washy, but I keep telling myself I'm going to do a photo grow one of these times, but I feel as though since I'm doing it "Capn-Style," I'd have to do it appropriately, meaning a couple full months of veg and a couple full months of flower, so I'm thinking 5-6 solid months, and unfortunately, I'm going to be moving AGAIN at the turn of the year, so I'm thinking my next home will be the start of the photo journey, and I'm going to be considering the fluxing technique!! It looks intimidating; not gonna lie!! You guys seem to make it look so easy!!!!! :)

I hate to seem wishy-washy, but I keep telling myself I'm going to do a photo grow one of these times, but I feel as though since I'm doing it "Capn-Style," I'd have to do it appropriately, meaning a couple full months of veg and a couple full months of flower, so I'm thinking 5-6 solid months, and unfortunately, I'm going to be moving AGAIN at the turn of the year, so I'm thinking my next home will be the start of the photo journey, and I'm going to be considering the fluxing technique!! It looks intimidating; not gonna lie!! You guys seem to make it look so easy!!!!! :)

i love capn style, i cant express how much i love not having to use an airstone....they really messed with the ph in my buckets!
so yeah when you move i would make the switch if possible.
as for the flux....i personally think i have the worst if not one of the worst fluxed plants on the 420 forums....and i still love her!!!
it is tough but my next flux is going to be so much better and i cannot wait to start.
it is hard to get your head round it but once you do the science just starts to make sense!
also by the time you start there will be a fair few full inducted fluxers in the mix in order to help ya out, check flux central from LA sig!

lol to me its the simplest of styles, I find it so mapped out, its like painting by numbers almost lol. :) Once you have a few base things done correctly the rest simply follows on! :)

LA is the sensei and he makes it look easy, but id imagine it was difficult even for him at the start....AND HE BLOODY INVENTED THE TECHNIQUE!!

update is coming guys, just uploading pics!

ok update time

i have not done any defol in a about a week as i have just wanted them to get as much vert as possible....its getting to be a bit of a jungle in there!

overshot

overshot.JPG

hgk
hgk112.JPG

hgk00
hgk005.JPG

blzbud
blzbud8.JPG

now there is a bit too much going on in there and i have budsites being blocked by fan leaves....can i do some defol again or is it best to wait?
last time i did a defol on day 21 and then another one a week later...i dont think i should wait this long this time!!!

Back
Top Bottom