LadyGaea's Cannaversary Grow - Tangielope & Super Lemon Haze With High Brix

High Lady G, Duggan, MH, Amy, Lady G2. Hope I didn't miss anyone, lol.

First to thank Graytail for those links. I read a link similar a few months ago also. Like you, I was quite surprised also. Made me rethink what I ate. Now, I consider all food as medicine, which helps me to not go off track. Lost a few lbs., and feel a lot better, but still looking for "The fountain of Youth". I know, keep looking.

Next, Lady G, I so like your attitude on life. Keep going forward, and not turn around. Very good discipline. I'm glad you didn't give up cooking. I like your recipes. Thank you. Yeah, it's fun learning about our bodies. Good luck with the dietitian endeavor.
Thanks Bode for your very kind words! A great book that changed my life is "Breaking the Vicious Cycle". There is a link also which I'll add. Def check it out. You can probably find a copy in your library. I found it there and then bought myself a copy.
Breaking the Vicious Cycle
Cheers! :thanks: Happy Monday all!:ganjamon:

Great Green MONDAY to ya.... Hey girl, I dont know if you have heard, and it is too late for you but maybe not those who follow ya, All the DNA testers sell your profile to those that are interested... Have known that for a while, as I have a few professional Science types ( I will Leave that one alone) ... Just to make everyone aware that you give up your rights to privacy about your DNA period, unless you are with one of the reputable small companies.. You are Not my friend... Paranoid you ask ??? Yeah maybe, but I told people for years be careful what you post on those new fangled google text machines ( computers and phones) , for it never goes away... I have a software engineering degree and can program in all computer languages.... Dangerous world we live in, Just wanted to say it... Any way Green Days my friend, and to all
Thanks MH! Yeah...I know. I wrestled it for a while, but in the end, my curious nature got the better of me. My life is significantly boring enough, that if anyone wants to look that close, God help them...it's a real snooze fest. :rofl: I'm also at an age where I just don't give a flying f....um...pig. lol:laugh:

Have a great day my friend! Thans for looking out for me/us!:green_heart:

So here is my tomato sauce recipe... Easy peasy! It's so few ingredients that you will think there must be something wrong! There are just certain dishes where "simple stupid" is the best way. Don't F with it! Use quality ingredients and let them shine! Sometimes a solo or trio act is just what brings the house down! This recipe uses canned San Marzano tomatoes only! Ya gotta make sure they are D.O.P. Later in the season I'll post a recipe for a fresh tomato sauce!

Lady Gaea's Tomato Sauce- Out of season version!

3 ~ 28 oz cans of San Marzano D.O.P. peeled whole tomatoes, I use Cento. Crush by hand and use all of the liquid...yup...by hand. Remove any woody fibers and set the crushed tomatoes aside.

1 ~ 12 oz can of Cento tomato paste

1/2 cup of VERY fine quality Extra Virgin olive oil! Don't you DARE skimp! I will know! It will turn the sauce to velvet, and it will cling to your pasta like a silk négligée! :oops: What?!I did NOT make a sexual reference to food! ...Gutter snipes!

1 cup of finely diced sweet onion.

3/4 oz of fresh garlic sliced into very fine slivers and then rough chopped...I think most of y'all have something that can weigh that garlic out with?! ;)

Here is where the recipe gets subjective...I always have basil growing. I use 4-6 good "tops" for my sauce...12-16 leaves minced:p Feel free to also throw in some other forms of "herb" that you may have handy!:)

1 teaspoon of sea salt - adjust after it has cooked down...remember my motto with salt? "You can always add, but not take away!"

A healthy pinch of red pepper flakes

1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

For any recipe...you must get your "mise en place" ready; this roughly translates to "get your shit together!"... or..."get all of you ingredients prep'd and ready to go!"

Place your olive oil in your saucepan. Before you add the flame or heat, throw in your garlic and your onion. Turn on medium heat. You just want to infuse the garlic into the olive oil and start to cook the onion. You don't want to brown the garlic...when the garlic is well scented...add your hand crushed tomatoes. This will stop you garlic from burning/browning. Burnt garlic WILL FREAKIN RUIN your sauce! If it happens...start over! Better to keep your wits about you, and don't smoke and cook! :rofl:

After adding the hand crushed tomatoes to the pan...add your tomato paste, your salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.

Simmer this on low until you get a nice thick sauce. Low and slow Baby!!;) Stir it often. Adjust your flavors with salt and pepper only when it's the right thickness!

Don't over think or over season. A successful sauce is achieved when no ONE ingredient stands out.

With a good base sauce...you can add vegetables or meat! Make it spicy!

Enjoy!

So here is my tomato sauce recipe... Easy peasy! It's so few ingredients that you will think there must be something wrong! There are just certain dishes where "simple stupid" is the best way. Don't F with it! Use quality ingredients and let them shine! Sometimes a solo or trio act is just what brings the house down! This recipe uses canned San Marzano tomatoes only! Ya gotta make sure they are D.O.P. Later in the season I'll post a recipe for a fresh tomato sauce!

Lady Gaea's Tomato Sauce- Out of season version!

3 ~ 28 oz cans of San Marzano D.O.P. peeled whole tomatoes, I use Cento. Crush by hand and use all of the liquid...yup...by hand. Remove any woody fibers and set the crushed tomatoes aside.

1 ~ 12 oz can of Cento tomato paste

1/2 cup of VERY fine quality Extra Virgin olive oil! Don't you DARE skimp! I will know! It will turn the sauce to velvet, and it will cling to your pasta like a silk négligée! :oops: What?!I did NOT make a sexual reference to food! ...Gutter snipes!

1 cup of finely diced sweet onion.

3/4 oz of fresh garlic sliced into very fine slivers and then rough chopped...I think most of y'all have something that can weigh that garlic out with?! ;)

Here is where the recipe gets subjective...I always have basil growing. I use 4-6 good "tops" for my sauce...12-16 leaves minced:p Feel free to also throw in some other forms of "herb" that you may have handy!:)

1 teaspoon of sea salt - adjust after it has cooked down...remember my motto with salt? "You can always add, but not take away!"

A healthy pinch of red pepper flakes

1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

For any recipe...you must get your "mise en place" ready; this roughly translates to "get your shit together!"... or..."get all of you ingredients prep'd and ready to go!"

Place your olive oil in your saucepan. Before you add the flame or heat, throw in your garlic and your onion. Turn on medium heat. You just want to infuse the garlic into the olive oil and start to cook the onion. You don't want to brown the garlic...when the garlic is well scented...add your hand crushed tomatoes. This will stop you garlic from burning/browning. Burnt garlic WILL FREAKIN RUIN your sauce! If it happens...start over! Better to keep your wits about you, and don't smoke and cook! :rofl:

After adding the hand crushed tomatoes to the pan...add your tomato paste, your salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.

Simmer this on low until you get a nice thick sauce. Low and slow Baby!!;) Stir it often. Adjust your flavors with salt and pepper only when it's the right thickness!

Don't over think or over season. A successful sauce is achieved when no ONE ingredient stands out.

With a good base sauce...you can add vegetables or meat! Make it spicy!

Enjoy!

I love u:circle-of-love: :bravo::welldone::adore::adore::adore:

I swear that is exactly the same as mine, cept I use 2 big cans and the rest shrunk accordingly

The fresh basil is Da Bomb, and tear it up don't chop

How long do u let yers gurgle for? I do minimum 1-1/2hrs, usually over 2, it melds sooooooo good

Damn I'm hungry, just got back from a walk, saw this, now I want pasta....lol

I love u:circle-of-love::bravo::welldone::adore::adore::adore:

I swear that is exactly the same as mine, cept I use 2 big cans and the rest shrunk accordingly

How long do u let yers gurgle for? I do minimum 1-1/2hrs, usually over 2, it melds sooooooo good

Ohhhhh I like my ummmm Sauce SPICY.... Like my Girls... Eh hnmmm... Green Morning to ya Lady, and all
Happy Tuesday MH! I like some heat to my sauce sometimes. You can definitely kick it up!
I love u:circle-of-love::bravo::welldone::adore::adore::adore:

lol! Yes...about an hour and a half. Just so it thickens and the EVOO is absorbed/emulsified! I have to mince the basil or hubby gets creeped out by big chunks of green

@LadyGaea I love a nice pasta pomadoro.

For a small party, I like to prepare a place of pasta a la minute. So easy, and people are so impressed. Lol

I heat my olive oil, throw in a clove of diced garlic, toast the garlic, add a couple handfuls of crushed tomatoes, add some fresh basil, finish with some pasta water, toss the pasta in, add some parmasean, and done. Comes together in about a minute or so per plate.

A nice Sunday gravy is also nice, but you can’t beat the flavor of a nice quick sauté.

@LadyGaea I love a nice pasta pomadoro.

For a small party, I like to prepare a place of pasta a la minute. So easy, and people are so impressed. Lol

I heat my olive oil, throw in a clove of diced garlic, toast the garlic, add a couple handfuls of crushed tomatoes, add some fresh basil, finish with some pasta water, toss the pasta in, add some parmasean, and done. Comes together in about a minute or so per plate.

A nice Sunday gravy is also nice, but you can’t beat the flavor of a nice quick sauté.
Yum! My Mum used to do that and sometimes would throw some shrimp in and some red pepper flakes. It was so fresh tasting! And very quick. I haven't made that in so long! Thanks for the happy memory and for next week's pasta meal!!

Chris!!...ya,...so what.....pfftt!.....:rofl:...wish i coulda spent the day making a spag. sauce...wtf....instead , i was on a roof working...bahhh!
110deg here today...no roof work for this retired guy

So some killer sauce was my day

Chris!!...ya,...so what.....pfftt!.....:rofl:...wish i coulda spent the day making a spag. sauce...wtf....instead , i was on a roof working...bahhh!
I worked today too...told off one of my sales guys and told him to find a new Gal Friday! Felt awesome! I let management scramble a bit. I got one foot out the door...and the other reaching for academia...:yahoo: Aaaaaaaaaaaaand she's outta HERE! Look at her go folks!:rofl:

I'l say this...cooking for one , is no fun! Tonight,...beans on toast....(his head shakes).
Too bad you don't live close. I always make a ton.

Slow race was it ????? hmmm LOL ....... ;)
On prednisone...I'm like a Tazmanian devil on roller skates! and about as pleasant! lol:rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't call them Satan's Tic Tacs for nothing!:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom