LadyGaea's Cannaversary Grow - Tangielope & Super Lemon Haze With High Brix

Good morning Lady, Hacks, Scotia and friends...just wanted to add to the vomit, stomach stuff. I've been taking Ginger tabs and making fruit smoothies with lots of fresh berries and ginger root in my lil blender. They are most awesome for the stomach and digestive system. I highly recomend taking lots and lots of Ginger. It really does help with stomach issues and for anyone taking Chemo , or just has a delicate digestive track. I buy a big pc. of the root once a week for smoothies and buy a bottle of the tabs once a month. Cheers , have a great day you guys!:circle-of-love:

Good morning Lady, Hacks, Scotia and friends...just wanted to add to the vomit, stomach stuff. I've been taking Ginger tabs and making fruit smoothies with lots of fresh berries and ginger root in my lil blender. They are most awesome for the stomach and digestive system. I highly recomend taking lots and lots of Ginger. It really does help with stomach issues and for anyone taking Chemo , or just has a delicate digestive track. I buy a big pc. of the root once a week for smoothies and buy a bottle of the tabs once a month. Cheers , have a great day you guys!:circle-of-love:

Good lookin out Duggs, the root ginger is awesome and sweet ish if you get it at the right time.... Most definately a staple of my normal morning gig, omelet this am had ample amounts of ginger.... I have grown to love it on alot of stuff...

Ok so I have been watching this one with some veiled enthusiasm ,it is nice to see another chef, and learn some new recipes...Nice plants for sure, seem to be abundant right now on the site in general, but that brainiac smoothy man that was good.. Dont really like Blueberries which doesnt make me popular where I live lol but that was good as hell with the blueberries... As I am having to use organic remedies for many minor ailments and one major one, May need to start chemo soon so I find smoothies are an easy way to not only keep me fed ish but also stays down Kinda important... I even expanded your idea, hope you dont mind, by adding mix to gelatin, needs a little tweekin but formed nice and was tasty at 1 am after a vomit session.... sorry too descriptive.... anyway thanks for some fresh ideas on the same ole smoothy world...

I use Collagen Hydolysate in my coffee and smoothies- its made from high quality grass fed gelatin...dissolves in hot and cold...

:Namaste:

Welcome MH! Thanks for joining me! I don't mind at all if you tweak a recipe and share what works for you. It may help others!

I'm sorry to hear about the chemo. That stinks. What ever works to get calories, fats, and protein in. Bone broth would be good too if you can get it down. It will hydrate and give you minerals and protein. You can add gelatin to that for more protein too as it will be liquid when you heat it.
I'll look through my recipes and see what else I have that is easy on the digestion.

If you can get in to see a nutritionist, that may give you more ideas as well. Chemo weakens the immune system big time and strips you of certain vitamins and minerals.

If your doctors don't talk to you about nutritional needs, bring it up,

Let me know how you are doing!
:circle-of-love:

dosing with a good probiotic is essential for healthy gut/body and mind.

dosing with a good probiotic is essential for healthy gut/body and mind.
Def agree there, the good ones are pricy but worth it. I make my own yogurt. I'll post it when I get home. If your sensitive to lactose you can process it for 24 hours and it will kill the lactose:)

Just a little further info LG, I am seeing a nutritionist and such as part of treatment planning however food absolutely tastes like sh it so i finding different ways to incorporate same ingredients with different dishes... The goal is to keep it down, that being said I dont wanna taste crappy food twice lol.. hope all is well in your hood, and i think by some of your comments we might be in the same neck of the woods so to speak.... Green Days and Healthy Lives all
Got it! I was taking chemo drugs. They stink. Glad you are seeing a nutritionist. Hopefully you find some foods that settle. I'll post some recipes tonight. Favorites when my stomach was flipping. Take care! I'm here for support any time!:green_heart:

Not gonna push this or anything, just a suggestion... it’s not for everyone. Could try going vegan... no harm there. And you could be surprised how your body changes and how much easier it is on the digestive system. Plus lowering those saturated fats and colesteral never hurts. That’s all I will say about that. I’m wishing you guys the best of luck!

Edit: just wanted to add that if you can manage to grow most your own nutrient dense veggies... which docs kit would be good for... that would be leaps and bounds better than most produce you can buy.

I use Collagen Hydolysate in my coffee and smoothies- its made from high quality grass fed gelatin...dissolves in hot and cold...

As far as that goes my nute dr. is gonna get me on something similar after start of drugs, some of the med minds think that Collagen is reactive with regiment in a poor manner.... gotta get used to drugs first.... I am hoping i dont have to take them long enough to " get used to it" thx Zig

Got it! I was taking chemo drugs. They stink. Glad you are seeing a nutritionist. Hopefully you find some foods that settle. I'll post some recipes tonight. Favorites when my stomach was flipping. Take care! I'm here for support any time!:green_heart:
Thx girl I cant wait... GREEN DAYS all

Not gonna push this or anything, just a suggestion... it’s not for everyone. Could try going vegan... no harm there. And you could be surprised how your body changes and how much easier it is on the digestive system. Plus lowering those saturated fats and colesteral never hurts. That’s all I will say about that. I’m wishing you guys the best of luck!

to be honest Jerm, I am basically a vegetarian now.. Vegan not a huge jump for me as organics such as produce, fruits, veggies and the like have always been a staple of my diet I am country raised.... By June I will have a producing garden with lots of repeating veggies.... I am actually researching some of the Vegan diets, possible for me to be a cross Vegan lmao ...thx all suggestions are appreciated

Excellent Duggan! Ginger is really healthy! It is awesome for the gut! It's also a great anti-inflammatory agent! Thanks!!:thanks:
Edit: Damn keyboard keys stick!

Edit: just wanted to add that if you can manage to grow most your own nutrient dense veggies... which docs kit would be good for... that would be leaps and bounds better than most produce you can buy.

Thanks dajerm!! :thanks:Lot's of folks do very well with a vegan diet. I couldn't do it personally! I love cheese, yogurt, and fish too much. LOL! I can't wait to try Doc's kit on my veggies though.

Once I got my flare under control, I found Paleo eating for a month really helped my gut. I have to be careful how much raw foods I eat when flaring. It's a fine balance for sure! ...Find what makes your body happy, and go with it. When something starts to go South, retreat and recover with foods that nurture and work your way back...much like what we do with our plants!:battingeyelashes: Sadly it's a cycle that seems to repeat. The longer the time in that sweet spot...the better!

Cheers!
LG

I lost this and had to re-type it! Grrrr...lol:nomo:

Here is my yogurt recipe that I use in smoothies. I also make dips and dressings from it. Yogurt is great for the gut if you can handle dairy.

I don’t use my yogurt maker anymore. It’s too small, but you certainly can. Just cut the recipe down and follow the recipe up to cooling to the point 110ºF and mixing in your culture. Follow your machine instructions.

I’ll make a batch this weekend and try to post some pics.

Lady Gaea’s Homemade Yogurt (No yogurt maker needed!)

Start with very clean utensils and saucepan/pot.

1 gallon milk~ the milk must NOT be ultra-pasteurized or it won’t set. Pasteurized is OK, though.

4-5 tablespoons whole milk plain yogurt for the culture. I use Siggi’s or a little from my last batch, if it’s not older than a week and if I have some left.

Make sure you have a cook's thermometer and that you calibrate it before hand. Check it by plunging it into boiling water. Depending on where you live on this big swirling rock…that will determine the boiling point of water! It’s 212º F for me.

Heat the milk to 185ºF in a large pot... VERY VERY slowly, stirring occasionally. This should take at least 40 minutes to heat up, and you must watch that the temperature does not exceed 185ºF. When the milk reaches 180-185º, turn off the heat and let it cool to 110ºF. Temperatures make the process work… or fail. You can go under temp a bit, but going over is unforgiving.

Mix 4-5 tablespoons of the yogurt into about ¼ cup of the 110ºF warm milk in a small bowl until it is mixed and pourable. Stir this mixture back into the pot of milk, being careful not to scrape up any milk solids that may be stuck at the bottom of the pot.

Cover the pot with the lid and wrap this up in 2 or 3 towels. Place it on a counter and let sit for 12-16 hours. I make this early in the morning or in the evening.

After 12-16 hours the yogurt should be mostly “set” with some watery whey seeping around the outside. If it is still liquid, then you need to toss it and start over. If it is a solid mass, then slice it into cubes. It will be soft. That’s OK.

Line a large pasta strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and place this over a large bowl. Spoon the cubed curds into the strainer; discard the whey (watery liquid) then let sit draining for 1-2 hours. When the dripping has slowed, tie the corners of the cheesecloth together with kitchen twine and hang on a wooden spoon or dowel over a stockpot to drain. I do this in the refrigerator. I let sit for a minimum of 2-3 hours or until it is firm. I have hung it over night to make it into more of a cream cheese texture.

Dump into a bowl and whisk until smooth. You can also put it in your mixer and beat it until it is smooth. Flavor with honey, maple syrup, fruit, or add some vanilla! Use it plain in your canna smoothie!

Cheers! LG

Thanks dajerm!! :thanks:Lot's of folks do very well with a vegan diet. I couldn't do it personally! I love cheese, yogurt, and fish too much. LOL! I can't wait to try Doc's kit on my veggies though

Irony .. That is the same things that stop me from being the big V.... Mostly Fish and Lactose products..... I am putting that recipe in my Hempy Cook Book for Stoners... My really real book o joys for those who like cannacooking.. Everyone who contributes gets credit for their recipe and a free book... First edition probably in time for holidays this year.. Still fact finding ( which really means picking brains and trying before committing to) recipes lol thx LG and definately keep em coming.. I just tried one of Newtys brain smoothies the other day and i hate Bberries but man it was exceptionally good...
Green Days my friend

Thanks dajerm!! :thanks:Lot's of folks do very well with a vegan diet. I couldn't do it personally! I love cheese, yogurt, and fish too much. LOL! I can't wait to try Doc's kit on my veggies though.

Once I got my flare under control, I found Paleo eating for a month really helped my gut. I have to be careful how much raw foods I eat when flaring. It's a fine balance for sure! ...Find what makes your body happy, and go with it. When something starts to go South, retreat and recover with foods that nurture and work your way back...much like what we do with our plants!:battingeyelashes: Sadly it's a cycle that seems to repeat. The longer the time in that sweet spot...the better!

Cheers!
LG

Oh dont I know it, I used to drink 3 gallons of milk a week, 3-3.5 dozen eggs per week. I, too, love dairy and meat... but it just isn't very good fro you. When you take into consideration all the work your body has to do to fight off all the bad stuff in those products... I'd just rather not flare up my immune system for no reason so I went vegan. To each their own... but the less your body has to fight the more time it has to heal. That is the point behind fasting as well, give your body a longer period of healing and less time in a fed state. Check out Plantproof.com , that guy is a wealth of info! Great recipes too! At any rate, your life, your choice. And this is really all I will say unless asked. Have a great day!

Morning LG... ok so my " you" gurt update... It started out looking like I was gonna have to toss as it was still watery after about 8 hours... AS it is not cheap to make several times to produce one batch I decided to let it sit for a while longer.. I went to the store for some little things like frozen fruits and more material... When I returned about two hours later i was fully prepared to throw it out, but to my surprise the only problem with the mixture was a bout of shyness lmao... As if, I didnt treat it like a peep show lol...When i checked at hour 11 It was very set with minimal liquid for draining.... Unique taste plain, but an absolute knockout pallet cleanser for my morning smoothy... ( todays flavor is avacado and kiwi with hint of strawberries )....:Namaste::thanks::yahoo: thank you so much... Now we will see if it stays down.... Very Key Oh yeah and remarkably smooth texture with minimal tools needed to mix ..... impressive

Morning LG... ok so my " you" gurt update... It started out looking like I was gonna have to toss as it was still watery after about 8 hours... AS it is not cheap to make several times to produce one batch I decided to let it sit for a while longer.. I went to the store for some little things like frozen fruits and more material... When I returned about two hours later i was fully prepared to throw it out, but to my surprise the only problem with the mixture was a bout of shyness lmao... As if, I didnt treat it like a peep show lol...When i checked at hour 11 It was very set with minimal liquid for draining.... Unique taste plain, but an absolute knockout pallet cleanser for my morning smoothy... ( todays flavor is avacado and kiwi with hint of strawberries )....:Namaste::thanks::yahoo: thank you so much... Now we will see if it stays down.... Very Key Oh yeah and remarkably smooth texture with minimal tools needed to mix ..... impressive
Yay!!! I'm so glad you tried it! The longer you culture it, the more tart it becomes. Drain it well and you have a great Greek yogurt high in protein! It makes awesome tziaki! Add honey and vanilla and it's sooooo good! I'm glad you waited longer for it to set. I hope it stays down!

I did the good ole college try on the drain thing.. cheese cloth squeeze ( rhymes, i should become a rapper ) anyway thanks again and I hope the PM kinda gave you a look at me ish...
Hiya MH! Thanks for the PM! As the song goes, "You have a friend in me".:battingeyelashes: I'm off to the daily grind. Have a Wonderful day!

Yay!!! I'm so glad you tried it! The longer you culture it, the more tart it becomes. Drain it well and you have a great Greek yogurt high in protein! It makes awesome tziaki! Add honey and vanilla and it's sooooo good! I'm glad you waited longer for it to set. I hope it stays down!
Ya had ta go GREEK on me didn't ya

I'm Greek, and make a mean Taziki,now I gotta make my own yogurt

Dang it girl

Back
Top Bottom