LadyJane420's Hydro - The Purps - Grow Journal - 2013

Re: LadyJane420's Hydro "The Purps" Grow Journal-2013

Hi LJ, your giant plant is looking very scrumptious! It's absolutely unbelievable!! I am still nursing my first seedling which is now 1" tall and looking nice and green and nice and healthy. I am still "waiting" on the seed I planted on Monday (germed for a day) to pop up from the soil. Just in case it doesn't, I planted another seed directly in the coco soil without any germination to see if that works better for me. Now I have to wait for that, as well. You weren't KIDDING when you said that growing weed is a real lesson on patience. It sure is, and I am just about running out...UGH!!! :) Happy Friday! My days in the flowering chamber is -88. Did you see the negative sign. LOL!

Patience is very important RP, I still have a lot to learn about patience. I've had better luck planting directly into the medium when it comes to germination rates. You have to have patience though, it usually takes at least 2-3 days to sprout.

Hi RP :cheer:

Just keep it going RP if you had seen my 1st crop in the flowering chamber you would have laughed out loud. I got the plants through and actually got good bud but they looked like they had been in a war zone. You'll be surprised how well these plants can grow despite what we do to them. So good luck and smoke a couple of bowls, it's Fryday afterall.:rollit:

LJ, put something on those roots, I can smell them from here! PeeeYouu he!he!he! You know I am gonna keep on goin' YEAH!!!
Dank, Like you, I was having no luck at all at germinating first, except for the 1-out-of-about 7 that sprouted. And that's why I planted a seed directly into my coco soil today. I just want to get 2 small plants to get started. Happy Friday! I only have about 3 seeds left :-(

LJ, put something on those roots, I can smell them from here! PeeeYouu he!he!he!

You sure you changed your socks lately RP? :rofl: Have a great one! :goodluck:

Happy Days,

:allgood: My roots are starting to get a little smelly on the bottom where the roots sit in the sediment. It was suggested to me that this Sunday when I change nutes I'll take a spray bottle with a drop of dish soap and spray the roots with it. Hopefully that will help.

Cheers to all and thanks to everyone for being there. It really helps!!:high-five:

Hi ladyjane, looking very good and I love the grow cabinet.

Re: the drooping, is the drooping worse at the end of the day just before lights go off, and then is the plant perkier after a dark period when lights come back on? If so, and the roots are brown and smelly, this is a sure sign of root rot. I would highly recommend purchasing some Dutch Masters Zone and giving the roots a good bath in a concentrated DM Zone solution, then run it in your res with your nutes at about 6ml per 10l. When the roots recover and start looking healthier you can then drop it down to 4ml per 10l, but I'd recommend running zone at all time in hydro as it prevents any root problems, it's great stuff!

Hi Green Knight,

Thank you sooooo much for that information. The Green Knight you are! I was looking around for something to use on my roots because my instinct told me they needed it (!). I had ordered some rootshield only to discover it's not for hydro. I found a store locally that has the Dutch Master Zone and I will pick it up and use it this afternoon. Thanks again. I'll show the results. +reps

:thanks:

Thanks for the reps ladyjane, very much appreciated.

That's great that you can DM Zone easily, you should see a difference within a few days to a week. It's not too expensive either and a bottle goes a long way which is good. If you run it permanently you shouldn't have a root issue again, it keeps the res nice and sterile. An absolute must for hydro.

My suggestion would be:
-Make a mix of plain water and zone about 10-12ml of zone per 10l in a bucket. Dip the roots and give them a good swill round in this solution. You'll probably see brown stuff sloughing off the roots and leaving some white underneath
-Empty your res and give it a good clean - might be worth putting a small amount of bleach in the soap and water to kill the pythium bacteria that causes the root rot. Give the res a good rinse with plain water.
- mix some more nutes and add 6ml per 10l of water of zone before you add the nutrients to the water
- Hopefully in a week or so the should be signs of improvement and you can reduce the zone to 4ml per 10l
- Once the roots are looking nice and healthy again you can reduce to 2ml per 10l if you want, though I tend to always run it at 4ml
- Any signs of unhealthy roots in the future, just increase the concentration of zone to 6ml again until things are healthy

Hey I've been using as some what of a virtual mentor. And been thinking of using either buckets or tubs(not sure which is efficient space wise?) I have a 4'by 4' closet and 9' high. How many plants would you put in that space? . But aiming for a pound+ per grow.

Square fits better in square than round does, but square might provoke you to try and squeeze in more sites in than the rounds would thus limiting the space each plant can spread out. I am a new fan of a YouTube personality HygroHybrid, who uses his tailor made recirculating deep water culture and with a 4' space he grows a single plant to completely fill a 4'x4' ScrOG net with 12"+ colas. He claims to yeild more than a pound per plant. I don't yet have that space, but I am trying to hone my understanding and technique to be ready when I do get that kind of space.

LJ, I'm looking forward to see some nice white roots under your ladies.

One plant per square foot is about right, but if you can get the scrog thing down, you can grow one huge plant, instead of several smaller ones. I saw a couple vids on you tube, and those guys have some big beautiful plants.

Exactly. I've seen those vids. But to keep in mind this is my first grow. I've been reading preprodigy? 'S journal and he had a beautiful mystery tree. He sat on that for about 4-5mnths. That's a pretty long time just for one plant. I'd love to have at least 2-5 in scrog. But I'm not sure if there's even a point. Due to lack of space. I'm eager to see this grow though. It's real convenient and neat.
Good luck! N keep growing

Hello lhippie305,

Hey I've been using as some what of a virtual mentor. And been thinking of using either buckets or tubs(not sure which is efficient space wise?) I have a 4'by 4' closet and 9' high. How many plants would you put in that space? . But aiming for a pound+ per grow.

I'm a newbie like yourself to this site so welcome and enjoy! I'm not the best person to help you so I'm just here to say "HI!" We purchased a ready made grow box. It is 4'X'3X5'. My first grow although a disaster ended up with 7 plants and some good bud. This grow is going much better. I can fit 8 easily, 9 tightly in the flowering chamber.

There are very experienced friendly people here to help you out.

Enjoy your stay! :Namaste:

My suggestion would be:
-Make a mix of plain water and zone about 10-12ml of zone per 10l in a bucket. Dip the roots and give them a good swill round in this solution. You'll probably see brown stuff sloughing off the roots and leaving some white underneath
-Empty your res and give it a good clean - might be worth putting a small amount of bleach in the soap and water to kill the pythium bacteria that causes the root rot. Give the res a good rinse with plain water.
- mix some more nutes and add 6ml per 10l of water of zone before you add the nutrients to the water
- Hopefully in a week or so the should be signs of improvement and you can reduce the zone to 4ml per 10l
- Once the roots are looking nice and healthy again you can reduce to 2ml per 10l if you want, though I tend to always run it at 4ml
- Any signs of unhealthy roots in the future, just increase the concentration of zone to 6ml again until things are healthy

So far so good! THANK YOU! Since my grow box is in the bedroom I can't easily take out the reservoir to clean it while there are plants in there (I can't even open the door fully). So I used a smaller vessel with the same proportions of DMZ and slipped it under each root pile and swished them in the solution. Then I cleaned out everything as best as I could and filled back up the res with 14ml in my 23ml res and nutes and ph balanced of course. It smells better in there for sure, you're my hero of the hour! <hugs>

is it a 23 gal res?

Hello there Skybound

is it a 23 gal res?

It's a 5.3 gallon 23 litre res on the flowering side - 3.3 gal 11 liters on the veg side.

Thanks for stopping by. :Rasta:

Big pots, 3 or 4 month veg, extensive training, and a 1000 watt hps with two plants....and pray a lot! expert growers hope for the same...and I stress hope!

Hello New Found Friends

I'm a new grower and don't know what has happened to my beauties but I'm going to post them anyway because someone might know. They're in the 5th wk of flower going on 6 - they were looking great but now they're not happy and I don't know if I should do anything more to them or leave them alone.

Whatever I will see it through and hopefully learn something! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom