LadyJane420's Hydro - The Purps - Grow Journal - 2013

Re: LadyJane420's Hydro "The Purps" Grow Journal - 2013

Hey RP,

How's it going. Me being a beginner and all, I've tried very hard to understand what the hey they're saying in books about how to manicure. But what it comes down to is having a nice clean workspace, a good pair of clippers and a lot of patience. I'll post some pics next week when I manicure. I just take off the fan leaves and trim the rest of the leaves down as far as I can. I bought a pair of electric scissors but they're not very good for fine tuning. A good pair of manual trimmers is a must. Here's a pic from the one purps plant I chopped.

9_17_2013.jpg

Wishing you the best and good luck to you.

There are many ways to trim!, I trim my personal smoke differently than what I won't hold on to. I am a close trimmer, anything that has an exposed petiole has to go. I usually have more than myself trimming and everyone does it different....even when I tell em exactly how I want it. If I'm trying to impress...I'll take every single leaf out, my cutters go inside the bud and cut the leaf petioles below the surface of the bud. I do a manicure check on everything that leaves my hand.......I myself prefer a small amount of leaf.....all sugar leaf.......as long as the whole product is completely inundated with trichs I'm pretty good with it, I use my led flashlight to show quality.......or basically trichome concentrations.

Re: LadyJane420's Hydro "The Purps" Grow Journal-2013

I use HERB.IQ a freeware program that is designed for cannabis growing. you can manage the different stages of growth with HERB.IQ and also input custom information like height stages and waterings per plant. under Events you can keep custom data like day it broke soil, toppings, transplants etcetera.

CodePlex Archive

Hmmm, my post with that software was removed by staff.....

Hello all you scrumptious people out there, I think that Indica Purps I grew is giving me an appetite! Glad I'm back to Sativas. Wednesday will be chop day for the rest of the 7 Purps - hoping my my yield will carry me through to the next harvest - we'll see. I'm still reliant on my local dispensary for cannabutter and some flowers but my goal is to be completely self sufficient.

I have a magical butter machine and I also want to make hash. Kind of a lot for me to do but I read about all your doing and I can't complain!

Have a great weekend :hookah:

Hello All,

Today I drained my res - gave the ladies an ice bath and turned off the lights for 48. Will harvest on Tuesday. Although this crop is smokeable it's not what I want in terms of health of the plants at the later stages. I was invaded by gnats and I noticed that one of my root balls that was recovering nicely from the root rot was full of the buggers. We put up more screens on the outtake vent and will put some on the inside if that doesn't work. The last thing I thought would be a problem is bug control in my bedroom. I'll have quite the cleanup job after this harvest I'm hoping that what I've learned will allow me to do better next time. How can I go wrong with such a great amount of knowledge being shared here. Thanks again - ever grateful.

Have a great week - chop chop on Tuesday :)

Hey LadyJane, sorry to hear on the gnats. I have found a few in my early grow..but the hanging stick-em fly catcher took care of them. Just be careful to hang them well out of your way, having long hair and those sticky fly traps....well it ain't purty if they meet.:whoa:
I hope I don't continue to have any trouble with them.
Have a great Chop-Chop Tuesday!:thumb:

Hello Everyone,

So just when I thought I'd done almost every stupid thing that could be done, I went & harvested my crop today,

got my tools together

and started trimming

And discovered Gasp! a few seeds - I can only guess that the plant I chopped down last week was male. We tried so hard not for this to happen (feminized seeds, making sure the lights were on 12/12, checking for males, etc.)

So I finished trimming

And the aftermath:

So I don't know what will happen to this crop but I will continue to cure and see what develops. I guess this will be the end of this story. It's been fun sharing my success and foibles with the world and am continuing with my next journal.

BTW I came up with 1.1 lbs and about 7 oz of trim so I guess hash is the next step. Thanks for visiting and have a toke or five on me. :Namaste:

Good harvest!! Do you think you got a lot of seeded buds, or just a few here and there?

Hi LJ, Don't be so hard on yourself because you did a great job :goodjob: and still got an amazing yield :cheer: I thought that when a female plant gets polinated, it makes seeds instead of buds, not both. Here is a stupid question. Do male plants make buds as well as polen sacks? I guess I need to learn more about that "and everything else"! My latest "Stupid Thing" was creating a homemade heating-pad for my clone dome that got so hot that it made too much humidity and heat. 3 of the 6 clones got black mold on the new growth and the roots got all mushy! Not to mention, that I also over watered. LMAO. I was lucky that 3 survived. I did better on my 1st try without a heating pad. Now I have a total of 6 healthy clones that will "FINALLY" be going into my flowering chamber in a few weeks. Meanwhile, I am baby sitting my 3 monther plants that are growing like crazy! Boy, I sure came a long way in a couple of months, didn't I?

LJ - How will I find your next journal?

Hi Cannafan,

I hope you don't have any more gnat problems. They multiply like insects! Anyway now that their food is out of the flowering chamber I can sanitize the whole thing and hopefully that will be it. I tried fly strips but these guys stay pretty low to the ground so it's hard to catch them on a strip - I think I got more hair and fingers stuck than anything else. I have a batch in veg almost ready to go into flower so I would really like to get rid of them for good. Adding more screens has helped.

Good luck with everything - Mother Nature sure has a few tricks up her sleeve.

Dear KingJohnC,

Thanks for the congrats. Without everyone's help on this crop I might not have any hair left.

Have a great day :peace:

Hi Skybound,

Thanks for the compliment. I saw about 5 fully developed seeds - then I didn't see any more so maybe it's ok?

Thanks for hanging with me.:thanks:

A while back, a friend used to transact for high quantity and his supplier used to give him extreme discounts if he was able to find any seeds in the LBs he'd get. A few of us used to comb through pounds looking and every once in a while there'd be one or two. With that said, you might discover a few seeds, but your harvest can still be excellent smoke and stone!

Also, from what I am understanding from reading other people's journals, if 1 pollen hits a calyx, that calyx sac will produce a seed, so if there was just a small dose of pollen, your plant could still be ok. Correct me if I am wrong, but can a single piece of pollen impregnate an entire plant? Or is it the pollen to calyx combination that produces a single seed?

Hello RP

You crack me up because I know exactly how you feel as I'm sure many people do - it seems all encompassing; exciting, sad, happy - you run the whole gamut of emotions over these little tiny seeds. There is literature and videos out the ying yang about spotting males but we still missed it. I'm sure I'm not the only one - so have a chuckle and a toke on me.

Cheers

:circle-of-love:

Good harvest despite finding those few seeds! Thanks for the "tokes" this morning, it was sorely needed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
And yes, Mother nature does stir up some tricks...I haven't found any more gnats recently, but now I have some Miller moths to deal with. Never ending insects...but what would the world be without them?
Looking forward to what you do next.
Congrats!
Happy weed to you :)

Back
Top Bottom