LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

Thank you very much @Emilya for the explanations above.

I was already feeling the same thing about the wet/dry cycle and am planning on moving to a three day watering schedule starting tomorrow.

I have read several times that you should water every other time but I don't think I've seen an explanation as succinct as this :) I'll start alternating feeding and watering. Thanks again for your prompt reply:Namaste:

Thank you very much @Emilya for the explanations above.

I was already feeling the same thing about the wet/dry cycle and am planning on moving to a three day watering schedule starting tomorrow.

I have read several times that you should water every other time but I don't think I've seen an explanation as succinct as this :) I'll start alternating feeding and watering. Thanks again for your prompt reply:Namaste:
I'm glad you asked that questions. I'm excited about getting my hands on the @Prescription Blend nutes soon. Being a soil guy and seeing @Krissi1982 's remarkable success with it in her soil, just adds to the excitement of what it can do.

Quick ? About your lighting goals. Have you always aimed at getting 1000 ppfd in flower? Only reason I ask is because there is a point of diminishing returns where they are getting too much light for the CO2 present for optimum growth potential. I haven't done enough digging here in others' journals about their desired LUX/ppfd. I haven't found my sweet spot personally. I also have no idea what my typical CO2 levels are so I just go with generic average of 600 ppm. Because of that, my target ppfd is 800 or a DLI between 35 to 40.

I'm glad you asked that questions. I'm excited about getting my hands on the @Prescription Blend nutes soon. Being a soil guy and seeing @Krissi1982 's remarkable success with it in her soil, just adds to the excitement of what it can do.

Quick ? About your lighting goals. Have you always aimed at getting 1000 ppfd in flower? Only reason I ask is because there is a point of diminishing returns where they are getting too much light for the CO2 present for optimum growth potential. I haven't done enough digging here in others' journals about their desired LUX/ppfd. I haven't found my sweet spot personally. I also have no idea what my typical CO2 levels are so I just go with generic average of 600 ppm. Because of that, my target ppfd is 800 or a DLI between 35 to 40.
We love @Prescription Blend and soil :circle-of-love:

Well, I have only finished one grow yet so it is hard to use words like 'always' ;) From everything I have read 1000 PPFD is the upper limit with no additional CO2. Right now I am @ 1000 PPFD in the center of the tent on the tallest bud, which really gives me around an 700-800 PPFD average. I do keep an eye out for light bleaching and will lower the light if I see any.
Happy Growing.

Well, I have only finished one grow yet so it is hard to use words like 'always' ;) From everything I have read 1000 PPFD is the upper limit with no additional CO2. Right now I am @ 1000 PPFD in the center of the tent on the tallest bud, which really gives me around an 700-800 PPFD average. I do keep an eye out for light bleaching and will lower the light if I see any.
Happy Growing.
Yeah. That makes sense. My center area is always running higher too. I've been using that space for a plant that's shorter. I agree about the 'always' statement. I change things up all the time. :laugh: I don't always anything. Lol

Date: 2/23/22 - Day 24 of Flower (Reset from days since 12/12 (1/23) to days since flower started (1/31))
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 14 Inches away - 50-60k LUX (up to 1000PPFD)
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog & Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 5gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Weekly Temperatures

Thanks again to @Emilya for help with watering in flower. I have moved to a 3 day watering schedule for now. This keeps the plants from drooping and slowing down on the last day before watering. It also keeps the humidity in the tent from crashing. You can see on the humidity graph above where the humidity crashed right before the last 4-day watering. No such thing this time :) The girls also got their first watering yesterday without nutes. I will continue alternating water/nutes through the end of this grow. I will also be checking them sooner to see if they need to move to a 2 day watering. Right now Abby was the dryest and is drinking the most.

For anyone on the fence about getting an AC Infinity exhaust controller, do it! I currently have mine set to increase airflow if the temps get higher than 78f during the day, or if the humidity exceeds 56% at day or 50% at night. The controller will automatically increase airflow when the tent is getting too hot/moist and decrease when back within parameters. As long as I keep the humidity in the lung room lower (right now @ 45%) then it will keep the tent VPD right where I want it. It is as close as you can get to 'set it and forget it' for your tent VPD.

The girls are still doing fantastic. I looked at them the other day and wondered why the leaves looked a bit washed out; it was because they are covered in trichomes! Everyone is frosting and getting bigger and fatter buds. Betty is still a little behind the others but she is moving along nicely. Abby has some nice spears starting and is really budding up nicely. Jenny has the fattest buds and still smells like berries. They are all showing me that they are loving what I am giving them which makes me happy :)

Happy Growing

Date: 2/25/22 - Day 26 of Flower
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 14 Inches away - 50-60k LUX (up to 1000PPFD)
Weekly Temperatures

I'm now alternating feed & water every three days instead of four. However as I am dropping the humidity down later in flower they are drying out more quickly. I'll be checking Abby on Sunday as she is drinking the most/fastest. I may end up watering every other day to make sure they don't dry out and stop growing. I am trying to limit the runoff so I don't always have enough to measure. Oh well.

Betty (White Widow) is by far the smallest. I tied her to the ground early and it seems she never got over it. It may also be the reason for the fasciated bud. She finally stretched a bit this week and it still going strong.

Jenny (Purple Haze) is still stacking and growing nicely. She has nice thick sticky buds that smell like skunk and berries.

Abby (Hindu Kush) is really turning into something special. Nice long thick buds that just keep growing. And that frost...

I still can't believe how easy @Prescription Blend has made this grow. Sure, I take pH and PPM readings at every watering and track everything. That's mostly because I'm a new grower and don't yet know what information is important. I haven't really used any of that information. All I've done is follow the @Prescription Blend schedule and water correctly. I haven't added anything else.
:bravo: @Prescription Blend for a product that is easy to use with such amazing results.

Tomorrow all the kids are coming over to celebrate my oldest's 26th birthday:happy-birthday: :party:Wait, how do I have a 26yo child? What year is it anyways :confused: Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend!

Happy Growing.

Date: 2/25/22 - Day 26 of Flower
Weekly Temperatures

I'm now alternating feed & water every three days instead of four. However as I am dropping the humidity down later in flower they are drying out more quickly. I'll be checking Abby on Sunday as she is drinking the most/fastest. I may end up watering every other day to make sure they don't dry out and stop growing. I am trying to limit the runoff so I don't always have enough to measure. Oh well.

Betty (White Widow) is by far the smallest. I tied her to the ground early and it seems she never got over it. It may also be the reason for the fasciated bud. She finally stretched a bit this week and it still going strong.

Jenny (Purple Haze) is still stacking and growing nicely. She has nice thick sticky buds that smell like skunk and berries.

Abby (Hindu Kush) is really turning into something special. Nice long thick buds that just keep growing. And that frost...

I still can't believe how easy @Prescription Blend has made this grow. Sure, I take pH and PPM readings at every watering and track everything. That's mostly because I'm a new grower and don't yet know what information is important. I haven't really used any of that information. All I've done is follow the @Prescription Blend schedule and water correctly. I haven't added anything else.
:bravo: @Prescription Blend for a product that is easy to use with such amazing results.

Tomorrow all the kids are coming over to celebrate my oldest's 26th birthday:happy-birthday: :party:Wait, how do I have a 26yo child? What year is it anyways :confused: Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend!

Happy Growing.
Spectacular comes to mind.
Excellent update Amigo.
You Rock :thumb: Great Work!

Stay safe
Bill

Date: 2/27/22 - Day 28 of Flower
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 13 Inches away - 50-65k LUX (up to 1100PPFD, Avg 800)

Just a quick update today with a couple of pictures. It has been two days since their last watering. I went down and tested them and I am not sure if I should water or not. The top 1/2 of the pots are pretty dry but the bottom 1/2 is still moist. I did not water and will do so tomorrow morning. Right now they still look healthly and praying so I will stay on every three days. As I keep lowering the humidity in the grow tent I will need to keep watch and see of they start drying out too much on the second day. On the to pictures...

Happy Growing.

Date: 2/27/22 - Day 28 of Flower
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 13 Inches away - 50-65k LUX (up to 1100PPFD, Avg 800)

Just a quick update today with a couple of pictures. It has been two days since their last watering. I went down and tested them and I am not sure if I should water or not. The top 1/2 of the pots are pretty dry but the bottom 1/2 is still moist. I did not water and will do so tomorrow morning. Right now they still look healthly and praying so I will stay on every three days. As I keep lowering the humidity in the grow tent I will need to keep watch and see of they start drying out too much on the second day. On the to pictures...

Happy Growing.
Happy birthday to your now 26 yo!!!:happy-birthday::party:

Date: 3/1/22 - Day 30 of Flower
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 12 Inches away - 55-65k LUX (up to 1100PPFD)
Weekly Temperatures

I gave them all a good watering yesterday after 3 days. They were not droopy but they were pretty dry. I think I'll water them again tomorrow and set them up on a two day schedule. Instead of giving 5.5L every three days I will try 4L every two days. I really do not want them to dry out too much when they are building such beautiful buds. I would still love to hear how often other soil growers water while in mid/late flower.

The ladies are all still doing great. I move them around every time I pull them out to water so that all sides of the plant get as even light as possible. Abby is getting really top-heavy so I may need to set up support soon:ganjamon: They are all frosting up nicely and buds just keep getting bigger!

Happy Growing.

Date: 3/2/22 - Day 31 of Flower
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 100% 12 Inches away - 55-65k LUX (up to 1100PPFD)
Weekly Temperatures

Coming into week 5 of flower and I decided to water them after two days instead of 3. I am glad I did. Abby was especially thirsty. They all took over a gallon of @Prescription Blend with little to no runoff. I am going to keep watering every two days through the end of the grow. With the dehumidifier on and the tent exhaust running more to keep humidity lower they are drying out quicker. The last thing I want now is for them to stop building.

Betty (White Widow) is still 6" shorter than the other two. I have her propped up on a paving stone and a homemade riser just to keep her canopy at the same height as the others. It is working well, though, and she is right at the same height as the others. She will not be a huge plant but she is still stacking and building nicely.

Jenny (Purple Haze) is looking really nice. This is the first time I have grown the purple haze and I am really happy with how she's turning out. I'm also really happy that I have four clones of her in veg ;)

Abby (Hindu Kush) is a monster! When I water them I take them out of the tent so that we can water more easily. I need to be more careful with Abby now because she is getting so top-heavy. When she is moved her buds have an exaggerated sway. She's going to need some support for those buds in a week or two :)

The nice thing about rotating the plants every other day is the tent view always changes!

Happy Growing.

Thanks @Krissi1982 hope you are feeling better. Hey how often do you water in flower? How dry do you let them get before watering?
Looking great my friend and sorry just seeing this now! I water as much as they can get. I never let them go dry. I cycle 2 feeds of PB during the week 2 cal mags and water in-between

Looking great my friend and sorry just seeing this now! I water as much as they can get. I never let them go dry. I cycle 2 feeds of PB during the week 2 cal mags and water in-between
Thanks @Krissi1982 for your help. I am using my well water so I have not needed calmag at all. I am alternating feed-water-feed-water. I am in 5g cloth pots and watering about 4L every two days.

Should I be watering 2L every day? Do I need them to dry out at all?

@Emilya @Buds Buddy and any other soil growers out there wish to weigh in? How often do you water in mid/late flower? How much do you water at a time? I am in the 5th week of flower with these ladies and want to make sure I get the most I can out of them!

Happy Growing.

Thanks @Krissi1982 for your help. I am using my well water so I have not needed calmag at all. I am alternating feed-water-feed-water. I am in 5g cloth pots and watering about 4L every two days.

Should I be watering 2L every day? Do I need them to dry out at all?

@Emilya @Buds Buddy and any other soil growers out there wish to weigh in? How often do you water in mid/late flower? How much do you water at a time? I am in the 5th week of flower with these ladies and want to make sure I get the most I can out of them!

Happy Growing.
I water against the masses choices from what I have seen. I never let them go dry, usually drinking about a half gallon in the morning and one at night. That can vary...

I barely let my veggies get dry..never go more than 1 day without something. Seedlings, different story obviously.

Whatever wet/dry schedule I had established by the end of stretch, I then shave a day off of it and push water from that point on one day earlier than I was at the end of veg. Lately I have been experimenting with every 4th watering, letting them go that extra day just to get more oxygen down to the lowest roots, and then I resume pushing water 3 more times. When I water, I water to runoff and then after an hour or so, I water to runoff again, making sure I saturate the soil fully. I really am not concerned with how much water that is, but on average with my 5g containers it is about a gallon per plant and that need will increase as the buds continue to develop.

Back
Top Bottom