lootznbootz

HELLO, WELCOME & THANK YOU! :Namaste:

First of all, thank you for taking the time to click my journal and giving me a moment of your time.
Hopefully you find it interesting enough to stick around for the long haul, and if not, I appreciate the read regardless!

A little background into my growing experience...
I first started growing as an attempt to save money and stop risking my freedom having to go buy it. 😅 Go figure!
My first attempt was primitive to say the least and looking back its amazing I was able to harvest anything at all.
Aside from my lungs, there was a fire that started in me when I did eventually light up my first bowl.
So naturally my initial motivation of saving money didn't matter and I became obsessed.

As time went on my harvest and journals were able to justify upgrades and I landed at COBs. Which I journaled as well here.

Unfortunately, soon after I Life just kind of happened and I never got the real opportunity to grow the way I wanted to...
until now 😈
I probably moved 10 times since my last grow and no matter where i moved my equipment followed!

I always knew I would grow again, and I guess I've always had the opportunity to throw a tiny tent in the corner, but I didn't want to jump back in it unless I knew I was able to really put in the time/attention this hobby deserves.
That includes keeping a journal.
In the past I have slacked on the updates maybe been a little to nonchalant about it as a whole and i regret it now.
Because the information I do have has been invaluable going back and reading through.

With that said this journal will lack for nothing I can afford!
I will do my best to update more than necessary for the sake of future grows and for the sake of the readers and followers if any who take the time to give input as well.

With that out the way let's get to it shall we?

What strain is it? Purple Bubba Kush, Purple Gorilla Cookies, Coffee Crisps (GreenPoint Seeds)
I do plan on getting more seeds and adding as we go for now

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Click names for linked descriptions
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds on the way
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Tent 1 2'7"x2'7"x70"
Tent 2 48"x36"x70"
Tent 3 48"x24"x70" (A/C Infinity)

Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Roots organic original soil
If soil... What size pot? Plan to flower in no larger than 3 gallon pots maybe smaller to fit perpetual cycle
Size of light? (2) 130w Iongrids from A/C Infinity & (5) Citizen CLU048 COBs @1.4a (prebuilt kit from Timber Grow Lights years ago)
Is it aircooled? A/C Infinity 6" Inline fan & filter combo w/ smart controller
Temp of Room/cab?
73F
RH of Room/cab? 45% - 65%
Type and strength of ferts used? Will be using Roots Organics Bottled nutrient line minus a couple of bottles to KISS.

The Setup​

So The plan is to have a perpetual garden across multiple tents.
Plants will start off in Tent 1 (left) and be put into Tent 2 (Middle) & Tent 3 (right) to flower.

IMG_1173.JPEG

Tent 3 is A/C Infinity's 2x4 but instead of buying the kit I bought it individually so I could get certain specs I felt would be better for what I wanted to do.
To start I went with 2 of their 2x2 lights, instead of the single board they sell with this size kit. I felt it gave me more flexibility over light height, coverage and dealing with multiple strains heights while strain hunting.

Next this tent comes with a 4 in inline fan combo and my first thought was would that be enough.
I tend to err on the side of caution and buy bigger and use less with the ability to have extra room banked just in case.
What's the old saying? "Better to have and not need, than to need and not have."
So, I decided to go with the 6" combo instead.

This tent also has the smart controller, so everything is controlled by that timer's, humidity and temp controls etc.
I have been playing around with the system for a while trying to get an idea of how easy it will be to control the environment in those critical days for the grow and I have to say so far I'm very impressed and excited.
its overall very good quality equipment especially for the new grower or like me those getting back into it and needing new equipment.

IMG_1172.JPEG

The Drivers on these lights are also detachable so when I set everything up I made sure to do that right out the box.
the closet is the perfect spot for it to everything fits so cleanly, which is a major focus with this grow.

IMG_1169.JPEG

Tent 2 is from my Not so Rookie Anymore Journal. It's a basic 4x3 tent from the "global superstore" that has the ability to have a separate 1x4 chamber but I won't be using it.

I will be getting another 6" inline combo w/ smart controller for this tent as well to somewhat retro fit this.

The lights for this tent will be the COBs from my CLU journal. I've had great success with these lights in the past and outside of a few bent pins on a heatsink or two its ready to go.

It's a prebuilt 250w kit from a company called timber grow lights that I unfortunately can't find anymore.
Its 5 CLU048 chips on a meanwell driver at 1.4a
The outside 4 are 4000k
The inside 1 is 3000K
IMG_1180.JPEG

Tent 1 is from my Clu journal. Its 2'7"x2'7" so just slightly under a 3x3 and for this grow will be used as a veg chamber
For this tent we will be vegging under a diy LED bulb fixture that I constructed in a previous grow.

In time I plan on getting another Iongrid light from AC and a 4in inline combo w/smart controller as well so that all 3 tents will be "retrofit".
This will make monitoring all stages and tents much easier and cleaner to be on the same system.
There's no rush on this tho as for now we will be operating solely out of tent 3 until we need room.
At that time well get tent 2 running then tent 1 and hopefully be fully perpetual!

Another Important element to my new setup that I should have invested in years ago!

68932236528__D1AADCA3-227F-403E-B7BB-4AB7AB407021.JPEG

Having my own source of R/O water is a MAJOR upgrade for me.
My tap water is unusable to say the least. 500+ ppm out the tap and who knows what's in there?!
With this my water is 18ppm and supplies me with about 5 gallons or so a day.
I will still have a routine of making sure to fill up jugs to have a larger supply on hand, but it beats having to go to the store and carry back 20+ gallons every week if not more.

Along with this we will be using the Roots Organic Line with their original soil
FF0426C2-F511-4029-BC04-5403124CD596.JPEG

Minus one or two bottles that my local shop didn't have in stock this is basically what we'll be using throughout the entire grow at least for the first cycle while we get our feet wet.

Something else I thought was really cool and wanted to mention was AC Infinity their tents and equipment is really well done.
I was completely blown away by the quality and presentation.
Also, their app is pretty useful and once you get the hang of it the data you can see gives a much clearer picture of what's going on inside your tent at all times.

IMG_1175.PNG

IMG_1170.JPEG

IMG_1165.JPEG

Hopefully with this info well be able to maintain perfect environmental conditions throughout the entire grow and at every stage.

This was all set up and completed and I've been running the system and just tinkering with it letting it equalize and seeing what effects temps humidity etc.

***********************************************************************************************************************

So originally, I planned on using seeds that I had purchased years ago. I started them in shot glasses saw taproots moved them to solo cups and some went in rapid rooters and then everything kinda just fizzled out.
I don't believe I overwatered or anything like that. (tho it has been some time since I grew, I don't think I'm that rusty)
Then it was suggested I check out Greenpoint Seeds. I Drooled over every single strain I saw.
My original order messed up over the weekend I emailed to cancel it so i can reorder. woke up Monday morning to a cancelation email.
Made my new purchase of Purple Bubba Kush, Purple Gorilla Cookies, and Ponderosa Cookies.
Well then i got wind that there was a black Friday sale going on and so I went ahead and grabbed feminized 6 packs and a 10 pack of regular for these...
  • Coffee Crisps
  • Bananimal
  • Catalina Wine Mixer
  • Gelazzi
  • Rum Runner
  • Texas Toasted
  • Fritter dawg (regular)
I finally received my first order yesterday after i stupidly put the wrong zip code on my address so that was a nightmare watching it bounce around usps for a week.
But when they arrived, I was surprised to see the seeds from my first cancelled order in there as well!
So, I got a free pack of Purple Bubba Kush PLUS every pack of 6 seeds came with 7...
So, idk if they can't count at greenpoint or they are just really generous and believe in their product (I'm sure it's the latter)

So NOW I'll be starting
  • 2 Purple Bubba Kush Pre '98 Bubba Kush x Purple Punch
  • 2 Purple Gorilla Cookies Purple Punch x Animal Cookies x Gorilla Glue #4
  • 2 Coffee Crisps (when it arrives) Pre '98 Bubba Kush x Animal Cookies
My reasoning behind these strains is pretty simple.
  1. Short flowering indica hybrids perfect for perpetual cycles.
  2. Greenpoint uses Purple Punch and Animal Cookies for their crosses these 3 give us a good idea of those crosses across 3 different strains as you can see above.
I do have other seeds started
  • Black D.o.G
  • Cheeslicious
  • Fruit SLAP
  • Blue OG
  • Love Machine (bag seed i started 11/22 from some fire that I'm currently smoking so name is probably wrong asf but that's what we're calling it)
I'm not too concerned about these at this point.
Greenpoint is the star of the show now so well see how they perform.
I am going to start them as they say on their website.
Shot glass of R/O water until they sink once they do Rapid Rooters and a heat mat in the humidity dome in the tent and undisturbed until they poke their heads.

That is where we're at for now. Nothing else to do but wait for the seeds to pop and then we'll have more updates as they come.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read and hope to see you all along for the ride!

That's some intro bud glad you kept your equipment and back at it.. your set up looks sweet! Wish I had the room.

My water is similar to yours 400ppm so purchased a used ro/di for cheap. 0ppm now but mix with tap as calmag is just more money 🙄

Them strains your starting sound nice I'm interested to see how they go want some ideas once I have my cheese supply 🤣

Happy growing
✌️

That's some intro bud glad you kept your equipment and back at it.. your set up looks sweet! Wish I had the room.

My water is similar to yours 400ppm so purchased a used ro/di for cheap. 0ppm now but mix with tap as calmag is just more money 🙄

Them strains your starting sound nice I'm interested to see how they go want some ideas once I have my cheese supply 🤣

Happy growing
✌️
Thank you!
That's a good idea mixing tap water.
Is there a ratio you use? what is your ppm after mixing? That may be a decent option to fall back on just so unsure of the water quality of my tap :confused:.
might be worth a try tho to save on calmag as Im sure I'll need plenty of it

Funny story about a week ago I started this journal, and it was the greatest anything I've ever typed.
I stayed up and pulled an all nighter looked out my window and the sun had fully risen!
I never put that much effort into any project in school ever! 😅
Went to make one last edit and somehow lost the entire thing!
Point being if you thought this one was "insert adjective" I could've won a Pulitzer with that!

Anyway, thanks again for stopping by if I haven't already started following your journal I will be shortly!

Ok so quick update.

Today before running some errands I dropped 2 Purple Bubba Kush and 2 Purple Gorilla Cookies in a shot glass of R/O water.
IMG_1313.jpg

A few hours later when I got home I gave them a tap and the PBK both sank.
About another hour or so later I tapped the PGC and they sank as well.

So I soaked 4 Rapid Rooters in plain R/O water and placed them in trying to point them down so they dont need to flip themselves when they open.
I did not see tap roots nor were the seeds open yet at all. But since they sank, we know they've absorbed enough water to germinate. That process will finish in the RR.

I then placed the RR in the tray and dome and placed the seedling mat underneath.
IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

While placing these in there I noticed some movement on the Fruit SLAP.
Not much movement on the other strains but that one looks like it will be above ground very soon!
I pour a little bit on water on the original seeds and then put some in the bottom of the tray closed it up and am letting it do its thing.

I forgot to mention as far as my setup I do have 2 coolmist humidifiers.
one in the tent and one in the grow room.
Both are set to run non-stop, and I fill up every day at least twice a day.
It is super dry where I live so it's a battle to keep it above 40% for now it's a struggle later it will be a blessing.

Thats all for now and Thanks for stopping by!

Your setup is seriously cool, and something I'm hoping to get to someday. I'll follow along if you don't mind! I've never grown in soil, and as you've seen I'm having issues germinating old seed so it'll be awesome to see how you get along with everything. I really like the level of detail in your posts too!

Your setup is seriously cool, and something I'm hoping to get to someday. I'll follow along if you don't mind! I've never grown in soil, and as you've seen I'm having issues germinating old seed so it'll be awesome to see how you get along with everything. I really like the level of detail in your posts too!
Thank you! It's definitely become a collection. I started out with the most embarrassing setup for my first grow.
It's evolved tho for sure! 😂

I grew hydro my first time so I'm familiar with it to some degree.
As I mentioned my germination process started off a little rocky as well but hopefully were on the right track now.

As for the level of detail my hope is that by being excruciating with details now it helps not only me but all of us following along later on.
Collection of knowledge my friend.
Thank you for stopping by!

Thank you!
That's a good idea mixing tap water.
Is there a ratio you use? what is your ppm after mixing? That may be a decent option to fall back on just so unsure of the water quality of my tap :confused:.
might be worth a try tho to save on calmag as Im sure I'll need plenty of it

Funny story about a week ago I started this journal, and it was the greatest anything I've ever typed.
I stayed up and pulled an all nighter looked out my window and the sun had fully risen!
I never put that much effort into any project in school ever! 😅
Went to make one last edit and somehow lost the entire thing!
Point being if you thought this one was "insert adjective" I could've won a Pulitzer with that!

Anyway, thanks again for stopping by if I haven't already started following your journal I will be shortly!

The ratio would depend on your tap water most guys that use tap only are usually around 150 - 200ppm so I go 50/50 giving a 200ppm base. I see guys air their tap water aswell to remove chlorine.

🤣🤣 Thats dedication! I'm sure if school projects was based on growing education would be a success 😂

The ratio would depend on your tap water most guys that use tap only are usually around 150 - 200ppm so I go 50/50 giving a 200ppm base. I see guys air their tap water aswell to remove chlorine.

🤣🤣 Thats dedication! I'm sure if school projects was based on growing education would be a success 😂
I’ll start working on ratios for mine over the weekend. Try aerating vs not and what not I love experimenting!

Yea I was dedicated to having a detailed and in depth journal this time around.

I will say I did get assigned a like a 5000 word essay in high school by my overly religious for public school English teacher.
It was supposed to be on the effects of marijuana and why it was bad for you.
Me being a natural rebel at heart I couldn’t bring myself to write something I didn’t truly believe in…
So I wrote his 5k word essay but it was why I felt that marijuana was beneficial to not only me but to the world.
I received a standing ovation from my classmates.

All that to say I totally agree about the school thing but then again I didn’t listen when they spoke about the complex plant processes that contribute to photosynthesis and everything else plants do.
I remember bits and pieces then come across something on the forums and treat it like it’s gold and go write down somewhere
but if I had this intrigue then I’d be a master grower now 😂

I’ll start working on ratios for mine over the weekend. Try aerating vs not and what not I love experimenting!

Yea I was dedicated to having a detailed and in depth journal this time around.

I will say I did get assigned a like a 5000 word essay in high school by my overly religious for public school English teacher.
It was supposed to be on the effects of marijuana and why it was bad for you.
Me being a natural rebel at heart I couldn’t bring myself to write something I didn’t truly believe in…
So I wrote his 5k word essay but it was why I felt that marijuana was beneficial to not only me but to the world.
I received a standing ovation from my classmates.

All that to say I totally agree about the school thing but then again I didn’t listen when they spoke about the complex plant processes that contribute to photosynthesis and everything else plants do.
I remember bits and pieces then come across something on the forums and treat it like it’s gold and go write down somewhere
but if I had this intrigue then I’d be a master grower now 😂

That essay response was deserved and would have happened anywhere you done it!
But it's soooo true I didn't listen to much in school & it's funny because Also have screenshots and notes of golden facts on growing 🤣🤣 I bet everyone on here is the same! 🤣

Now come on when your ladies getting their legs out? 🤣

That essay response was deserved and would have happened anywhere you done it!
But it's soooo true I didn't listen to much in school & it's funny because Also have screenshots and notes of golden facts on growing 🤣🤣 I bet everyone on here is the same! 🤣

Now come on when your ladies getting their legs out? 🤣
Your reply made me get out of bed and check 😂

So mini update*

Yesterday I installed the heat mat and while doing so I noticed the Fruit SLAP was making some movement.
She's still not above ground but it looks as if her shell is underneath her and she's going to poke up any moment now.
I checked the bottom of her RR and sure enough she's tiptoeing her way out.

The heat mat is clearly working as you can see by the humidity in there. I had both vents open but decided to crack the edge of it just a little for added airflow.
IMG_1320.jpg

Fruit SLAP finding her way.
IMG_1321.jpg

If she truly does pop I will do a post about her genetics in an update.

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoyed time with loved ones.

I decided to pop my head in the tent to make sure the tray wasnt dry and it was.
I filled the bottom of the tray with a little more water and shuffled the RR around a little to put them more towards the center of the tray and mat.

Thats when I noticed.
IMG_1325.jpg

Major lift off on the Purple Gorilla Cookies!
These seeds were put into water yesterday about noon.
Compared to my other seeds I started too long ago now 2 to take from this
  1. Age may not be on the side of those seeds I bought a while ago. Tho some did germ not with the vigor they once had and seem to have fizzled out.
  2. So far GreenPoint is as advertised
Fresh viable seeds make all the difference when starting out.
The PGC sank on their own. The PBK sank when I tapped them as I was placing the PGC into RR.
so, the PGC sat in the bottom of the shot glass for a couple of hours before going into RR.
The PBK only sat at the bottom for 20 minutes tops.
I wonder if this explains why the PBK doesn't look to have popped yet.
Mind you I'm not tinkering at all except to look into the RR. I'm not poking or prodding or anything so for all I know there's action happening that we just can't see yet. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

In my reading lately I have been coming across a few people having germination issues and it seems to be across a variety of different mediums, methods, breeders, grower experience level etc.
I wonder why that is?

A major note we ordered another 6in AC Infinity inline combo w/ smart controller and carbon scrubber for Tent 2.
All that is needed now for this tent is a couple of oscillating fans and the plug adapter to UIS that is unfortunately out of stock from AC so I can control my lights with the controller.
So, for now we will be using a normal timer while we wait for that to come back in stock no big deal.

Now that we have a little bit of action it's time to finish the setup.
We'll be using these tents for veg to start but when we flip to flower the plan is to grab another 4in fan combo from AC and another S22 Iongrid for Tent 1 and multi tent will be in full swing.

I know it's not much yet, but very exciting times are on the way!

As always thanks for stopping by!

From my own germination failures I think I can say it's old seed. During my blue dream a few years ago I remember being able to wet paper towel method into rapid rooters after tap root (without soaking them first) and every single one popped within a couple of days. Looks like you got one coming though, awesome start!

Noteworthy update.

We now have all the genetics we will be running for the foreseeable future.
These are what we will be running this grow
As you already know the Purple Bubba Kush and the Purple Gorilla Cookies have already gone into the RR
The Coffee Crisps are taking their shot glass baths now
IMG_1340.jpg

These are what we have in reserves for future grows

IMG_1343.jpg

Some pretty interesting genetics to choose from going forward for sure.

Everything is some type of indica leaning hybrid with shorter flowering times. This will help with the perpetual grow.

I rushed home to drop the CC and when I opened the tent...

IMG_1347.jpg

PGC Off to an incredible start!
The other one is deeper in its RR but progressing along nicely as well. If it doesn't start working its way out of the deep hole in the RR by tomorrow, I may have to remove some of the top of the rapid rooter to give it a better chance at making it out, but we'll see how it does.
IMG_1344.jpg

One of the PBK is making noticeable progress as well.
I believe the other one is doing something but can't see and wont dare tinker other than to look into the hole.
IMG_1345.jpg

No action on any of the older seeds the Fruit SLAP has stalled out not sure if its stuck or what.
But when it comes to seedlings or looking "under" the soil I tend to take the approach of "Schrödinger's Seed" and refrain.

IMG_1346.jpg

In another day or 2 with the addition of the heat mat I may call it on the older seeds and stick with what's obviously working.
IF* we get 100% germ rate from GreenPoint we will have 6 plants and that's plenty for now.

I'm taking the PGC that is above ground out of the humidity dome in another day maybe less at this rate.
The lights have been on 20% and 18/6 just to keep a source of heat in there. (Before we got the heat mat) but now that the seed is above ground lights will be on regular schedules going forward for its sake to avoid leggy stems.

When she fully sheds her helmet and makes a little more progress, I will put her RR in a solo cup with Roots Organic soil.

I won't be feeding for a while at least until after we up pot to 1gal.

It's not much but its considerable progress considering how long this grow has been in the works.

As always thanks for stopping by!

Progress is definitely progress! I'm excited to see how you get going because I have 2 Alaskan Purples that look like your PBK right now, so it'll be cool to see them grow side by side.

Progress is definitely progress! I'm excited to see how you get going because I have 2 Alaskan Purples that look like your PBK right now, so it'll be cool to see them grow side by side.
Indeed! I'm a huge fan of purple strains.
Bubba Kush is my all-time favorite tho so I really can't wait for that to get going!
What breeder is your Alaskan purple from? I'd like to look up its info

I guess since I'm already here i might as well show what happened over night.
728A7BDF-7EE3-4C92-8338-31D19BD57ED9.jpg

405CE150-B57A-412F-AD42-81FE81895B96.jpg

Last night one of the CC sank and had a tap root by this morning.
The other one needed a tap, and it sank no tap root yet tho.

For the CC I decided to put a little great white in the RR and put the seeds in taproot down.
I forgot what journal I was reading where they were discussing when to introduce Myco
so, I thought it couldn't hurt to apply it to these 2 earlier and see if there's a noticed difference early in these plants compared to those without.

GreenPoint is 4 of 4 right now we'll see how fast these CC come up but so far I'm impressed.

Nice, the cotys are out and you even have your first true leaves, excellent!

I'm not sure if I can link directly to the page, but if you google search "seedsman alaskan purple" it's the first link.

As I'm still getting my first soil grow going I can't speak directly on the myco in the RR like you did, but I don't see how it wouldn't help to get them charged up for going into their first pots. I went directly into solo-type nursery cups after wet paper towel, taproot down, and put some in the hole. @Melville Hobbes just harvested a plant a few days ago, earlier last week, and he showed the root ball after the chop. He mixed in myco into the soil and had an explosion of roots. Really cool to see.

Back
Top Bottom