Mars Epistar Pro Series 160 LED Tester Grow - Dark Dragon - SCROG

Subbed. Looking to upgrade my mars light so following this with interest

Thanx for making it Dopey Bob and i hope i can help you make a decision on your LED choice, i love all my mars LEDs! Let me know if you have any ?'s about the grow :Namaste:

Looks like some happy healthy girls :) keep it up!

ye the good genetics along with the high blue spectrum panel really seems to keep them looking awesome, looking so good so far with the new panel

Mars LED Grow: S2:E12 Dark Dragon SCROG, ThunderHaze Auto Harvest Prt 2

Sorry about the delay but here is my video of the new Mars Pro Epistar 160LED arriving, setting up the remote control and a bet of a written review of the panel.

and some BHO i made with trim from the last grow. i set the hotplate a bit high overnight so its really dark but strong taste and puts you on your ass. i did let it sit at over 100 F for 72 hrs but still would never recommend making your own or smoking anything not purged using a vac purge/oven

IMG_174126.JPG
IMG_174224.JPG

you got any pics of how far apart the internodes are.------ that is starting to bloom I do like that light alot

and some BHO i made with trim from the last grow. i set the hotplate a bit high overnight so its really dark but strong taste and puts you on your ass. i did let it sit at over 100 F for 72 hrs but still would never recommend making your own or smoking anything not purged using a vac purge/oven

Oddly, the day after I started researching extractions, two kids blew up their kitchen making BHO one town over from me, and made the news. Minor injuries thankfully, but seriously.... IN the kitchen?

Really didn't understand why every hydro shop I walked into had cases of butane, with some cold water bags in a dusty corner.

you got any pics of how far apart the internodes are.------ that is starting to bloom I do like that light alot

i should be able to take some pics tomorrow man but i dont have any in bloom yet worry man

Well I finally caught up!! :) You are doing a great job my friend!!!:Namaste: I have way too many threads to try to catch up on every day. :lot-o-toke: Keep up the fantastic work. You are certainly giving the new light a great showing!!! :peace:

its all good man, always good to see on the journal :volcano-smiley: thanx for the compliments brotha

Oddly, the day after I started researching extractions, two kids blew up their kitchen making BHO one town over from me, and made the news. Minor injuries thankfully, but seriously.... IN the kitchen?

Really didn't understand why every hydro shop I walked into had cases of butane, with some cold water bags in a dusty corner.

LMAO ya man there are some idiots out there, dont get me wrong making BHO anytime can be dangerous but letting a heavy flamable gas sit in your kitchen with a pressurized glass tube is just showing lack of research and common sense. it does seem that solvent extraction it the future man :circle-of-love:

LMAO ya man there are some idiots out there, dont get me wrong making BHO anytime can be dangerous but letting a heavy flamable gas sit in your kitchen with a pressurized glass tube is just showing lack of research and common sense. it does seem that solvent extraction it the future man
:circle-of-love:

Thankfully, i'm a few months away from having trim to extract anything from. I tried vaping the tips of the Early Miss I almost killed, but it tasted like shit.

By then I can do the research required.

Thankfully, i'm a few months away from having trim to extract anything from. I tried vaping the tips of the Early Miss I almost killed, but it tasted like shit.

By then I can do the research required.

haha ya man ive placed buds in the oven, microwave or placing them in directly in from of a fan and it just doesnt taste right man. i would advise scraping the pipe or just holding out if you can help it but to eat there own

and as far as making your own, if you dont mind a bit of butane in your product then its pretty easy to make it at home but to make it really safe to consume you need a vac pump and chamber and a closed loop extractor would be the best way to go so you can reuse your solvent but all that stuff costs a pretty penny haha

haha ya man ive placed buds in the oven, microwave or placing them in directly in from of a fan and it just doesnt taste right man. i would advise scraping the pipe or just holding out if you can help it but to eat there own

and as far as making your own, if you dont mind a bit of butane in your product then its pretty easy to make it at home but to make it really safe to consume you need a vac pump and chamber and a closed loop extractor would be the best way to go so you can reuse your solvent but all that stuff costs a pretty penny haha

This wasn't even a bud, just some dead tips off a plant three weeks old. I thought i'd vape 'em as a tribute to my stupidity, and the horrendous taste may help me remember not to do the same stupid thing again.

I spent a good day or two watching dirtybongwater's youtube videos on his extraction toys, definitely got me excited for trim.

This wasn't even a bud, just some dead tips off a plant three weeks old. I thought i'd vape 'em as a tribute to my stupidity, and the horrendous taste may help me remember not to do the same stupid thing again.

I spent a good day or two watching dirtybongwater's youtube videos on his extraction toys, definitely got me excited for trim.

he has some solid info on exractions for sure man. best of luck to you when you give it a try brotha :Namaste:

Dark Dragon day 71 update

The SCROG is filling in very quickly and the super cropping i gave them last week didnt really seem to let the blue dark dragon catch up, i really think that the yellow marked one is going to be the keeper unless the buds just are not up to par. i want to let the blue dragon catch up a bit before switching to flower so lollipopped them today and will let them recover as the plants finish filling in the screen. I did notice some lighter green growth on both plants so i decided to add some of the general organics nutes at 1/4 dose along with the new microbes i received Recharge from real growers and they really seemed to have blowen up since, i cant believe its taken me so long to add them to my nute regenment and i will be lowering my bottle count for the upcoming grows and keeping a microb addative. one more thing i have the panel 15 inches from the scrog net and it seems to cover my 2x4 tent very well. thanx for stopping by guys, cheers!

Per Gallon (every third watering)
2.5ml-Recharge
2.5ml-BioThreve Grow
1.5ml-BioRoot
1.5ml-BioWeed

Before lollipop
IMG_178924.JPG
IMG_179017.JPG
IMG_179119.JPG

After lollipop
IMG_179819.JPG
IMG_179919.JPG
IMG_180021.JPG

you really shouldnt notice much of a differance at the canopy when you do a proper defoliation, i may have done a bit much here but will be fine, and im thinking another week to finish filling the screen and then 12/12 :circle-of-love:

IMG_179219.JPG

PissDrunx0420 LED Grow: S2:E13 Dark Dragon SCROG, ThunderHaze Auto Harvest 3

man great trim job bro I cant wait to see the scrog filled out

thanx man i love doing scrogs! i just wish i had started these in coco and they would have probably been in flower for about 2 weeks now lol

Dark Dragon day 1 of flower

Ok guys today if offically day 1 of flower! the ladys have been recovering for a week from there lollipoping and the scrog is about 85% full with just a few holes here and there that will be filled in when the stretch hits for sure. i will usually give them another light lollipop about 2 weeks into flower to optimize what the plant will focus on in flower to get bigger denser buds and less larf that no one really likes to have and show off haha. the light cycle i will be using will actually be 100% reds blues and whites for 12 as i want to really see what the light can do on full power and will play with the dimming feature on future grows, i really love the ability to control the light intensity every 10 mins but idk know enough to set up the light appropratly to optimize what the plants want and really dont want to mess the test grow up.

so far i really like the way the plants respond to the light and the penatration as i even have clones in solo cups under my scrog that are staying nice and short but really do think that the panel is made for something like a 3'x2.5' tent as the panel size just doesnt seem to be able to spread the light 4 feet well but we'll see how flower does

Per Gallon (every third watering)
2.5ml-Recharge
2.5ml-BioThreve Grow
1.5ml-BioRoot
1.5ml-BioWeed

IMG_185320.JPG
IMG_185021.JPG
IMG_185119.JPG
IMG_185224.JPG

45 days in this these pots plus 33 days before the new light for a total of 78 days veg? What will you do to prevent mineral depletion and plant trying to finish up too early like what happened to CO Finest's pro gro? Is that what Recharge does, replace mineral? What about the cal mag , is that in the recharge as well? You are in the lime light now my friend. Should be some big colas if you can keep em from committing cellular apoptosis..gud luk

Here is a journal on cellular apoptosis in plants etc... Scroll down to the conclusion maybe ...hmmm....they mention starvation, stress and other triggers but in conclusion they say need more data to really conclude anything about causation of apoptosis in plants , maybe they should hang out here. LOL

Programmed cell death in plants: distinguishing between different modes

Here is some more home work for your brain, Brian LOL . IT talks about uv damaging plant cells in pants that lack certain genes. THese lights don't have UV-b do they? In the conclusion (scroll down) they say again there are unknowns when it comes to UV and cellular suicide. We may be pushing the the envelope with these high intensity COB lights, who knows? Why did CO Finest plant turn sickly yellow? Not enough nitrogen? Nitrogen block out? Are you going to do a live organic microbe juice? Or is that stuff in the Recharge mix?

UV-Induced Cell Death in Plants

Back
Top Bottom