Mars Epistar Pro Series 160 LED Tester Grow - Dark Dragon - SCROG

I'm in, where's my popcorn. :popcorn:

haha pull up a chair man, popcorn welcome if shared haha :popcorn:

I'm in chief :high-five: Is the dark dragon suppose to have a dark/colorful pheno in flower? I don't know anything about the strain

I hadnt heard much about them until i did some reaserch into local genetics and found out the breeder is the owner of cannabis magazine here in colorado. while the crosses he used are new to me as well they seem to be doing outstanding so far and really hope for some of those bubblegum pheno's to shine through (with decent bud size and frost production of coarse)

Glad you made it over man :volcano-smiley:

And here is the Weekly update guys, was a little rushed in making the vid and was a bit hungover from watching the Bronco's play yesterday so sorry if i seem a bit off haha but on a good note Colorado is still undefeated :circle-of-love:

Dark Dragon day 41 update
I finally found one plant that i think is showing sex and of course it is a male. i don't mind as the plant was def one that was being a bit bi-polar and staying short on me so not too much of a loss. I honestly needed to throw out a plant to make room as well so im kinda happy i was able to get one out they have grown so much in the last week i barley have room, the plants are really responding positively to the new light! finally i did give them a bit of a defoliation on the plants that are left so i the plants can breath a bit. Still feeding every other watering with the amounts shown below and the plants are showing some litter green in the new growth which really sucks because i dont want to be chasing def during bloom but its still early so im sure it'll be fine. i am def looking at the pheno with the skinnier fingered leaves and that is growing a bit bigger/faster other than that i am just waiting for the remaining plants to show sex so i can take clones and put my best 2 under a scrog in the 2x4 and see what the panel can really do.

2.5ml-BioThreve Grow
2.5ml-Epsom Salt
0.5ml-BioRoot
0.5ml-BioWeed
0.5ml-Diamond Black (Humic Acid)

IMG_142227.JPG
IMG_141428.JPG
IMG_141526.JPG
IMG_141623.JPG
IMG_141728.JPG
IMG_141824.JPG
IMG_141927.JPG
IMG_142027.JPG
IMG_142118.JPG

I'm loving the Pro series lights so far with no problems covering my 2x4 tent and feel it could cover more of a 3x3 tent with no problem at least in veg. i have been having issues with the lights turning off and on when i set the timer though, i have made sure to set the timer from 9pm-2pm with the fisrt and last hours dimmer than the other time the panel is on but it doesnt seem to actually turn the light on or off. this is really weird because the remote will show the correct intensity, even when it should be off it will show 0% for both reds and blue/white but i have to press the Manuel mode i made for it to actually move the off position. so the remote says its set to all the correct times and intensity when i set it and when i press the mode i set it does go to the correct setting for the time im in but it just wont follow the schedule just seems to get stuck in the mode when i press the setting. i have seen both CO Finest as well as MR Tight from youtube use the features with no problems so i know they work but there may be a problem with the remote or possibly with the antenna/Panel (lol or of coarse user error). now right now it is not a huge deal as i have my GF turning the panel on to when im at work and i turn it off before i leave but for most this would be a huge issue. i will finish this grow and then see if i can get with MarsHydro to see if we can figure out what is wrong if i am not able to figure it out myself. i want to make sure i can provide a good view of what the new COB style lights with the upgraded drivers, diodes and spectrum which in my opinion is the more important upgrades

i was looking at the first pic in my update and noticed it looked really dark lol i then looked at the settings on my camera and noticed that i had the exposure set really low so i could get better pics of my thunderhaze grow, i just wanted to mention that in case anyone thought the light wasnt penetrating deep. there is more than enough light getting to the lower branches but i like to give the plants some breathing room and i would have chopped them later anyways. thats everything for now guys feel free to ask any questions or what you think of the grow so far :Namaste:

Gud job. So how would you compare with the 144x5 at this point? your plants look like they are growing big n fast compared to your 144x5 grows but it is different genetics n what else is different? Soil n ferts? length of light cycle? IN hind sight I would say too bad you don't have 1000 square foot to play with and do a side by side comparison. oh well, the light seems to be doing well compared to an equal wattage light and this is prolly due to being a cob? Too bad you can't compare to cree side by side , same, same everythingee... Peace love and gudness!

I like the pro series more than my 144x5 do to the fact that i can use less wattage and cover the same area. I would have to do a side my side (which i may do soon :love:) to see if the plants respond better to one over the other as you are right in saying this is the first time i have grown this strain but i feel that these plants have some HUGE leaves and are growing faster than i am used to so if i had to pick i thing the plants like the pro series a bit better so far. and trust me brotha if i could get away with 1000 SQ FT i would go crazy :lot-o-toke: but next round i will see if i cant do the same strain, meium and nutes with the 2 lights but honestly i use both and can say that you cant go wrong with either :Namaste:

Arellan, Ha ha looks like very Dark Dragon indeed from photo but the one taken from under the bush in daylight looks like you could use some silica as your buds may get too big and dense. Question: do you make microbe juice ? or foliar feed ? Yes, I have been lurking over in the threads Heeee he he he!

I do use a weekly foliar feed of liquid seaweed to help out with growth and i do have some silica i can add in and the way they have been growing i think these are going to have huge dense buds so i should start adding some before it becomes a problem :thanks: i havent used a microb tea yet but will make a compost tea to add before they go into flower and then one midway through i think.

and lurk away my friend :high-five: im glad you like my journals :circle-of-love:

Hello everyone :circle-of-love: i am very happy to say that my light is finally turning on and off at the appropriate times and increasing/decreasing light intensity throughout the grow! Right after the video i filmed this last week. I went to turn the light off as it was after 2pm when the light should have been off, what i do is press the manual button and it takes me to the screen to customize the mode. now i would usually press the back button and the light would go to the correct intensity or turn off/on without flickering though all the modes as it does when you press the OK button. I pressed the OK button on accident and the light flickered on and off through all the modes and finally turned off which told me it had gone to the correct mode and since then the light has worked perfectly fine, turns on/off at the exact time i asked as well as changes intensity at the right time. IDK what made the light start working as i have pressed the OK button before to get it to change to the right settings but stopped because it would flicker though all of its settings and pressing the BACK button got it to the correct setting as well without going though the turning on of the light. i wish i could tell you exactly what made the light start working properly but will be changing the light intensity next week and seeing if the LED changes correctly and keeps working properly on the weekly video. I have seen CO Finest and MR TIGHT on youtube use these lights with no problem and now my LED is working perfect so i have a feeling it was user error lol but we'll find out. With all the features working im really loving the panel :circle-of-love:

im glad you made it over friend :welcome: i always love stopping my your grows and am very excited to see this light in flower :circle-of-love:

Dark Dragon day 49 update

Hello everyone in 420mag land! another great week with the Mars Pro Epistar 160LED still working perfectly, at 15% Reds and 35% Blues/Whites for the first and last hours and full 25% Reds and 80% Blue/White for the 16 hours . I finally transplanted the Dark dragon plants that were in #1 pots to #3 pots and the roots looked perfect i was worried they would be root bound. i also finally got my first 2 females but they are very different pheno's and i hope it doesnt mess with the SCROG as it may be hard to get the net to fill properly as one is very much taller than the other, im hoping ill get one or 2 more females but will move the remaing to other tents untill i can see signs of sex. The SCROG should go up in about a week or so, i just want to let the plants recover from the clones i will be taking and the transplant to there final #7 pots. Since i will be transplanting into FoxFarm Ocean Forest with just a little added perlite im going to back off to feeding every 3rd watering or so, these dark dragon plats seem to be heavy feeders but usually that translates into better/more buds

Per Gallon
5ml-BioThreve Grow
2.5ml-Epsom Salt
2.5ml-BioRoot
2.5ml-BioWeed
2.5ml-Diamond Black (Humic Acid)

Root shots during transplant
IMG_150026.JPG
IMG_150119.JPG
IMG_150228.JPG

Family shots
IMG_150422.JPG
IMG_150521.JPG
IMG_150621.JPG

First to show sex and marked with Blue marker :volcano-smiley:
IMG_150831.JPG
IMG_150922.JPG

Second to show sex and marked with a blue marker :cheer:
IMG_151125.JPG

cuttingsi taken from the Dark Dragon Marked with yellow marker
IMG_151220.JPG

Transplanted from #1 to #3 pots and placed into the 4x4 untill they show sex
IMG_151319.JPG
IMG_151418.JPG

So the focus will be on the first 2 that are showing sex like i said but i will still keep you posted on the other contenders, let me know it you guys have nay ?'s about the light or the grow in general :Namaste:

I also picked up some wax and sap from the local dispensary and sew that snoop dog had his own brand of herb, edibles and concentrates lol i know its cheesy but the bud looked good and the remaining butane was really low so i figured i would try it and did not regret the purchase at all :circle-of-love: only 45 dollars after taxes and was very smooth but still had subtle flavor. The sap was 50 plus tax so a bit more but the high def hits you in the face more even though the thc % is lower. i also liked that they used Ethanol and had never done dads with that solvent type and i have to say it had alot of flavor but doesnt expand in your lungs like shatter does and make you cough. if anyone ever comes to Colorado i would recommend either

IMG_149015.JPG
IMG_149118.JPG
IMG_149217.JPG
IMG_152623.JPG
IMG_152323.JPG
IMG_152119.JPG

Green Crack Sap :circle-of-love:
IMG_151819.JPG
IMG_151921.JPG
IMG_152026.JPG

Just taking a peek. Kind of wondered about Mars LE's myself. I know a lot have great results with LED's Looks like you got a cool small impact grow setup. I looked into Mars's 460 I think it is. They update to the 5 watter bulbs. I thought about one for my 4'X4' veg tents. Might keep down heat come summer times. GL and iffin you don't mind I might peek in every now and then Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom