McLoadie's Third Grow Journal

No No shotta, I said that IMHO, the aroma of washed bud is muted compared to unwashed.....that's what I'm finding, I suspected it at first, but waited til I washed two pounds....then didn't wash two pounds to make a statement.......I am finding a huge difference...IN AROMA...I love washed bud......if only my products were for me only....they will take the strongest smelling product first........LOL! The hash I made smells more than the washed bud!

Yeah its funny how some people tend to pick their buds sometimes. They have it ingrained in their heads that little dense nugs, really smelly means its good and anything that does not fall in that category must not be very good.

Now I love the smell of weed personally, many types from the piney to the minty, to the dank and the OG, the blueberry, the grape, and w/e else. But picking buds on how they look and smell is like buying a car only seeing the body and smelling its air freshner. For all the buyer knows their could be no engine in the car. Just like the bud could be all amber trichs and have like 1% THC and be doo doo.

I water cured a oz earlier, it looks like total crap. But it smokes just fine. Nobody will ever believe it though because they won't even try it because of how it looks and how it has no real smell, so they think its shwag lol...

Some people :/

yea it is true
we all like it to taste good lol
but theres stuff that looks good smells good so you have high expectations only to be let down
prime example would be holy grail kush lol
I mean its not real bad or anything theres a lot worse out there but from how it looks and smells especially when its drying you get high expectations and then only to find it mediocre lol
Happy Thurweed day Mc

Hey vegas, yeah it was just brushed aside...LOL. I came to my conclusions after I washed a coupla lbz. that had a lot of bud damage from worms, I cut the damaged bud out...and washed the rest to remove any debris left by the worms. 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup lemon juice....three buckets, 1 for the wash, two for the rinse. Myself and my trusted assistant just noticed that the aroma was muted. We decided not to wash the next batch that had no damage and the difference was significant enough that we decided to use the wash as an emergency remedy only.....the washed weed is still great......but the unwashed bud is at least twice as aromatic! Just my opinion, but I NEED my weed to be as good as it can be in all respects.....and I choose unwashed.

+ reps vegas, this is pretty important....and you caught it

I am reading everything and soaking up as much as I can. This site impresses me everyday because of members like you McLoadie, and I thank you for the reps, I need 'em! LOL

hey everyone, sorry for my absence, I'll be back in the swing of things soon. I'm still busy, hopefully today I'll finish, but I have my doubts.....LOL. The trees take forever to trim..........I'm outta space to dry........ect., just the standard harvest issues that arise. Thanks for all your comments everyone, yes, I agree....smell and taste can be deceiving, and one thing we appreciate.........personally, is not having stuff stinkin up the immediate area....but the masses.......... Another note, my homemade breeding project has turned out for the best. The mexikush phenos are like Christmas.....you get different ones, but they are all very nice and ALL are worthy of another run. I left lower buds on the best plants and I'm hoping for a nice stock of seeds. I got a prelim report from way up north on the seeds that were on trial. A helper killed them all while the grower was on holiday.......except for two females, and the grower is pleased. So kiddies, I'm back at it to try to finish this project. One more thing....I got more weight off two yetis than the rest of the crop, nice plant, next time I will try to keep em from the foxtail effect, the substandard material is good for concentrates.....but I would rather have it in the form of buds!

Ya know, if I ever give advice that doesn't work....that I don't state that it's only my opinion.....someone please kick me up in my ass....or at least make sure and tell me it didn't work for you. I saw on another journal some text, about experience....or lack of is a major factor in regarding the quality of advice a person could give. I knew a guy...he was my boss, the head of my department. I worked on shit that could very well cause massive death to many people if it failed. This guy taught me most of what I ever knew about the airplane parts I worked on......he knew everything.......was an faa certified inspector, as I was myself........and that man NEVER EVER even touched what he taught me to work on..............ever! He had 0 experience with items that he was fully responsible for their function and reliability. I may not have grown the cannabis for long, but I have grown a huge ass shitload of other crops..........worth a shitload more than my tiny weed garden.....that's all I want to say.......I love you all!:circle-of-love:

Good morning MC Happy Skunkday my friend. Trimming starts for me this morning. Nothing like you are doing but enough to make my life a whirlwind.

Afternoon McLoadie...hope the harvest is going well

Little tip for ya...if your hands are sore from all the trimming try soaking them in Epsom salts...one cup per Gallon in hot water

In my line of work and from racing motorcycles i've broken many bones (arm, leg, hip,almost every finger,bones in both feet, ankle, neck)...and I've torn many muscles

Whenever it is going to rain I am in horrible pain

I soak in hot water with Epsom salts...it is amazing...really helps

When you mentioned to add a little tap water and Epsom salts to my distilled I had tons of it on hand

Hopefully your fine but with that much trimming I know I'd be hurting so maybe it'll help

Good luck buddy:high-five:

Afternoon McLoadie...hope the harvest is going well

Little tip for ya...if your hands are sore from all the trimming try soaking them in Epsom salts...one cup per Gallon in hot water

In my line of work and from racing motorcycles i've broken many bones (arm, leg, hip,almost every finger,bones in both feet, ankle, neck)...and I've torn many muscles

Whenever it is going to rain I am in horrible pain

I soak in hot water with Epsom salts...it is amazing...really helps

When you mentioned to add a little tap water and Epsom salts to my distilled I had tons of it on hand

Hopefully your fine but with that much trimming I know I'd be hurting so maybe it'll help

Good luck buddy:high-five:

Hey jay.......hands not too sore, I use fiskars to trim with....LOL...approved by the arthritis foundation....and IMHO, the most ergonomic trimming tool on the market.

Back
Top Bottom