Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

I'd say you're doing pretty well Mmmmick. In fact you've got me drooling here.

I really need to look at my available space with fresh eyes, I don't want to be constantly growing just to supply myself. Well I do but it's kind of risky and I also don't want to grow during the worst months here which are mid July - mid Oct. About 3 big harvests a year would do the trick. :peace:

Very full and healthy screen you have there. Wishing I'd been able to get it right... if my screen was that full I'd be sitting on more than I _normally_ smoke in a year. (That is to say, normally compared to how much i'd smoke if i had over a pound of buds sitting around.)

I think you're a few Scrogs ahead of me, so I don't feel bad, just thinking of the possibilities if when I get back to growing.

Thanks again for sharing with us. Helps us noobies out a lot.

Happy New Year!

Hi JG, thank you.

You'll get things tweaked nicely once you've got a couple of grows under your belt. I feel that I learn something every grow that can help with subsequent crops, so it's just a matter of getting some experience. Just think of how many growers just plain kill their first grow or two. You're already further ahead than they are because you pulled crop from both of your grows. :thumb: Thats successful growing, the weight will come in time.

I'm always willing to share. I hope my efforts help newer growers in some way.

Happy New Year JG.:welcome::peace:

Too true my friend. Consumption goes up when supply is not an issue... especially a basically free supply.

I'm finding out that you have to grow quite a bit to keep up with demand, probably 1.5 - 2 z's per month in my case. I don't even keep track anymore. :peace:

I find the quality of the supply is the real kicker. Even my first 2 fried, stunted plants were better smoke than 90% of the local product. Maybe the placebo effect is particularly powerfull when it comes to your own crop. Homegrown isn't a dirty word anymore. wooohooo!!! heheh:ganjamon:

I'd say you're doing pretty well Mmmmick. In fact you've got me drooling here.

I really need to look at my available space with fresh eyes, I don't want to be constantly growing just to supply myself. Well I do but it's kind of risky and I also don't want to grow during the worst months here which are mid July - mid Oct. About 3 big harvests a year would do the trick. :peace:

Thanks Blue, so far these girls are looking good. I enjoy having the plants on hand but I agree there is less risk in doing a couple of good size grows a year instead of fulltime gardening. I need to break now and then or just grow a couple of plants at a time. I'll figure which approach works best for me eventually. A couple of grams a day is usually plenty for my needs.

Hay Mick, like everybody else has said, that's one healthy looking screen. I think you've got the timing dialed in, and I'll bet that Afghani holds up her end of the screen before it's over ;)

Happy 2011, bud!

:peace:

Thanks Horse, the stretch should take them pretty much where I want them this round. I'm almost finished tucking.

I've had terrible luck with anything Afghani so far, so I hope this one works out. Gonna reorder the Afghani Hindu Kush that failed last year.

Thanks, you too. Here's to a green and sparkly 2011

Congrats on that Mmmmick. Hope this one breaks your afghani curse and blooms to full potential. Hindu Kush strains are beautiful.

Hi endive, thanks. The Afi Hindu kush seeds didn't work out, but I plan to repurchase those and give them another try.

This one is from DNA, described as Pure Afghan landrace, which is pretty vague, considering the differing strains from Afghanistan, heheh.

Got a favorite Hindu Kush?

Day 14 of 12/12 lighting. Starting to get a little pistil action, other than the Afghani front left, which still hasn't shown sex.

Nutes are 1/2 veg and 1/2 flower at 30% strength, with 2 ml per gallon/4 litres of Cal/Mag. Light at 12"/30 cm.

The Afghani is opening at the center of the plant but the leaves are tattered and not looking too great. This is from being buried under the canopy and getting no light. I've trimmed more leaves than originally planned because they were just layered on top of each other blocking growth. The rest of the plants are developing pretty much normally. Still some budsites that need to be uncovered.

IMG_33312.JPG

IMG_33391.JPG

DAMN!!!!! Mmmmick, bro, that screen looks near perfection!! What an terrific job, bro!!

Hey there, checked out your previous grows since I bought a penetrator pro(didnt know HGLs background until after i bought it) and i gotta say this round looks great, your using a 300w of what brand?
Anyway im scribed and looking forward to the finished product.
Peace

Hi Outdoorsman, welcome. I don't get involved in the flame wars because there are always 2 sides to every story and I prefer to be fully informed before forming an opinion. I just concentrate on what the lights do.

Thanks, this round is going well, even got a female Afghani, which saves trying to jam a different plant in that corner.:thumb: The light isn't available at retail yet and no name associated. I don't know what the plans are on that end of things, but the light seems to be performing quite well, even with all the grief I've put the plants through.

Welcome aboard, I'm hoping this round will give the plants a chance to show what they've got.

I was all set to run another seed order through Attitude but their freebies still suck and their January promo does too. I don't want a bunch of freebies that I'll never feel like growing.

I was all set to run another seed order through Attitude but their freebies still suck and their January promo does too. I don't want a bunch of freebies that I'll never feel like growing.

Me too! I didn't want any of those again. Maybe February. They saved us some money! :Rasta:

I hear ya guys on the attitude, Ive been waiting for an update since before christmas, the DNA genetics are throwin out 13 reg pure afghanis with any purchase of 3 dif skunk corsses. Figured that would make up for the not so good freebies but they should have a news letter anyday now.......:nomo:

Holy Guano Batman! Speak of the devil, https://www.---------------------------/index.php

Thought there was new UFOs but its just Pyramid seeds throwing out 3 freebies.

Makes me want to see how many seeds I can get for the money now.....:slide:

Oh shit yeah, and theres a contest to win paid flight and hotel to Spannabis cup in Barcelona!!!
Cant pass that up, the odds gotta be pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom