Mr White's Aero Flo Assorted Strains Grow Journal

Everything sounds great Mr. White! I'm excited to see how Mkage and Skywalker OG turn out too. I thought about getting those... I'm sure your hard work will pay off. Especially your rules for entering the room, I agree with you don't take a chance.. Peace bro!

Hey guys, and Miss Bud and Miss Green,
Thanks for being so patient,
This is the RO machine set up took about 2 hours because I had to install a new faucet,
DSCN12623.JPG

Here are the Nuts and supplies
DSCN12606.JPG
DSCN12614.JPG

DSCN12596.JPG

A pic of the room in transition. The floor has carpet so it was lined with some thick contractor plastic and then plywood with a coat of Killz flat white paint was placed on top.
DSCN12496.JPG

And here is the grow cab used for germination, cloning, and Veg. Dimensions are 4.5' by 5', big enough for my purposes.
DSCN12505.JPG
DSCN12517.JPG

Seeds; 5 Lucy and 6 Skywalker Kush were placed in 2 glasses of tap water on the 19th of May and left to soak for about 6 hours.
DSCN12441.JPG

Then we placed them in Rapid rooter Plugs that were split length wise to allow monitoring and access in case of problems with breaking the surface. Pointy end up.
DSCN12464.JPG

They were then placed in a germination tray with some hydro rocks some tap water and a temp/Rh monitor. A seedling heater mat was used with a layer of mylar insulation to direct the heat up into the tray.
DSCN12535.JPG

Humidity dome placed on top and mylar wrap to increase ambient temp.
DSCN12543.JPG
DSCN12556.JPG

The temp I was shooting for was 75 with high as possible Rh. The atmosphere settled at 78 degrees and 98% so I called it close enough.
DSCN12565.JPG

This is Sunday evening or Monday morning, can't remember exactly.
DSCN12632.JPG

When I had tap roots showing out of four of them on Tuesday afternoon, they were placed into the Aero Flo and I eventually had enough water to fill it up and start it. The original supplements added were Hygrozeme, Blue Planet seedling plan, and some Roots excelerator.
DSCN12675.JPG
DSCN12656.JPG
DSCN12663.JPG

The water level was raised to the top of the net pots and will stay there until we have some roots showing. The rest of the seedlings minus two slow pokes were transplanted into half gal pots. Dirt used was Fox Farms Ocean forest and their organic mix.
Ok so now I can do some other stuff non plant related for a few days. Feel free to hit me with question or comments.

[/SIZE]

Everything sounds great Mr. White! I'm excited to see how Mkage and Skywalker OG turn out too. I thought about getting those... I'm sure your hard work will pay off. Especially your rules for entering the room, I agree with you don't take a chance.. Peace bro!
Thanks man,
I don't remember if I already told you this but I love your room man. The drip system you have set up is awesome, and I really enjoyed the your journals. Glad to have you along for the voyage.

Thanks Bolivar, there are still a lot of room mods left but I have some breathing room now. Ventilation and the Co2 generator are about 2 weeks out and the drywall will have to be done somewhere between there, but nothing is urgent now that the Aero Flo is up and running. The babies really appear to like that thing. I'll make sure to hit you up for some advice when I fire up the Rain forest for cloning in a month or so.
Hey Dumpy, Love your room man. I have been looking forward to this one too.
Thanks Stoned4daze

So up dates should be coming out weekly. Seedling stage is kind of slow and boring but I will try and make regular updates on the room construction progress. Thank you all for stopping by.

hey man so far things are looking great. looks like you really got yourself together here and now its just a matter of time :) Love the strains you chose. this should be awesome! I'm subbed and gonna take a seat if you don't mind :Namaste:

so mr white ,maybe you want to take a sec and make a plan. no sense in going all willy nilly.have you thought about the permagrin that will be stuck on your face. just saying. hate to see the end and you be stuck with something you were not ready for:)

Hey guys, and Miss Bud and Miss Green,
Thanks for being so patient,
This is the RO machine set up took about 2 hours because I had to install a new faucet,
DSCN12623.JPG

Here are the Nuts and supplies
DSCN12606.JPG
DSCN12614.JPG

DSCN12596.JPG

A pic of the room in transition. The floor has carpet so it was lined with some thick contractor plastic and then plywood with a coat of Killz flat white paint was placed on top.
DSCN12496.JPG

And here is the grow cab used for germination, cloning, and Veg. Dimensions are 4.5' by 5', big enough for my purposes.
DSCN12505.JPG
DSCN12517.JPG

Seeds; 5 Lucy and 6 Skywalker Kush were placed in 2 glasses of tap water on the 19th of May and left to soak for about 6 hours.
DSCN12441.JPG

Then we placed them in Rapid rooter Plugs that were split length wise to allow monitoring and access in case of problems with breaking the surface. Pointy end up.
DSCN12464.JPG

They were then placed in a germination tray with some hydro rocks some tap water and a temp/Rh monitor. A seedling heater mat was used with a layer of mylar insulation to direct the heat up into the tray.
DSCN12535.JPG

Humidity dome placed on top and mylar wrap to increase ambient temp.
DSCN12543.JPG
DSCN12556.JPG

The temp I was shooting for was 75 with high as possible Rh. The atmosphere settled at 78 degrees and 98% so I called it close enough.
DSCN12565.JPG

This is Sunday evening or Monday morning, can't remember exactly.
DSCN12632.JPG

When I had tap roots showing out of four of them on Tuesday afternoon, they were placed into the Aero Flo and I eventually had enough water to fill it up and start it. The original supplements added were Hygrozeme, Blue Planet seedling plan, and some Roots excelerator.
DSCN12675.JPG
DSCN12656.JPG
DSCN12663.JPG

The water level was raised to the top of the net pots and will stay there until we have some roots showing. The rest of the seedlings minus two slow pokes were transplanted into half gal pots. Dirt used was Fox Farms Ocean forest and their organic mix.
Ok so now I can do some other stuff non plant related for a few days. Feel free to hit me with question or comments.

[/SIZE]

Looking awsome buddie ,nice to see you could find the serimis/seramic little red stones Thumbs up but i wouldnt use any PH up if you're ppm is to low , make a new reservoir instead of using ph up waste of you money also and your plants wouldnt benefit from it.
Love your GSD love them dogs !

Dont mind my grammer my man! i just boarded a f16 jet with some blueberry kush and were going really fast!

Deege420, good to have you man. Casa V, credit where due man, I got the idea for the rocks from you of course. The rocks in the germination tray distributes the heat from the seedling mat and keeps the babies out of standing water. Could not find the seemis at the local shop so I just used Hydroton. While I am on the subject of credit I think that I got the splitting the Jiffy roots down the middle from Xceler8's Journal.

So Update time;
Still in the seedling stage but has been some progress and a few f#chup that I will share with the community.
This is a simple light hanging thing that I set up. The rails are the stuff that they use to install the guts of garage doors. I just screwed them to the ceiling and put a couple of extra large bolts in that can easily be adjusted any direction that is needed.
DSCN12896.JPG

This is the large filter that will be installed when the HIDs are fired up.
DSCN13015.JPG

I thought that I should make sure that all the bulbs would strike and they thankfully did.
DSCN13002.JPG
DSCN12874.JPG

This is my high tech method of determining PH for now. The Meter that I ordered almost a month and a half ago has yet to arrive. Should be getting here in the next couple of weeks. Till then I will just have to wing it on PPMs.
DSCN13053.JPG

Alright so the babies;
This is taken on the 24th. The plastic is just to keep the cubes from drying out right away. Another Casa Verde inspired trick.
DSCN12693.JPG

The next three are taken on the 27th or 28th? They were slowed down by the transplant. I think that the soil was just a little too hot for seedlings, but they are recovering well after a couple of rinses with RO water and they have a good 3 months worth of veg ahead of them so there is no rush. The small one is one of two runts from the litter. The other runt did not make it, not really sure what happened, they just failed to thrive for what ever reason.
DSCN12952.JPG
DSCN12933.JPG
DSCN12943.JPG
DSCN12843.JPG

Those were the Baby mommas. Not to be confused with the Babies mommas, I keep all but one of those off site. :)

These are the Aero Flo girls. I forgot to say which ones are going to flower. They were all germed at the same time but the Skywalker all took off much faster and thus earned their spot in the Flo. These four photos were taken on the second day in the system, the 24th of May.

DSCN12794.JPG
DSCN12772.JPG
DSCN12783.JPG
DSCN12712.JPG
The next ones are taken on the 27th
DSCN12905.JPG
DSCN13023.JPG

The last ones were taken this morning...
DSCN13034.JPG
DSCN13064.JPG

The F*ck ups thus far consisted of transplanting the seedlings into hot dirt instead of a more neutral medium and the first res was a bit to powerful for the girls in the Flo. I caught it pretty quick and diluted the Res with some RO water. They started to recover almost instantly, the only damage was a few burned tips. The baby mommas are slower to recover but like I said, they have plenty of time.:Namaste:

:popcorn:

Thought I'd do a real quick update. We have to go away for the weekend and I wanted to document the difference four days make when I get back so...

I will start with the mothas

DSCN13134.JPG

This is a close up of the runt. Total of 10 out of the 11 sowed made it to semi maturity. Jiffy things work well.
DSCN13123.JPG

Next are the letuce and basil just an experiment for a friend.
DSCN13093.JPG

DSCN13102.JPG

Group shot of the Aero Flo
DSCN13178.JPG
DSCN13084.JPG
DSCN13186.JPG

And last this is a time lapse of what a days growth looks like under the 600w MH. They are back under the T5s now as I don't have the ventilation set up yet and the res got up to 78 degrees. Had to power down for a few more days maybe weeks.
This is the left side of the flow on the 30th

DSCN13046.JPG

and 31st
DSCN13167.JPG

Right side on the 30th
DSCN13046.JPG

and 31st
DSCN13144.JPG

I think in another week, two at the most I can top / clone and turn them. Thanks for looking at the baby pics. Strange how parents always think that their kids are much cuter than they usually are. See you all next Wednesday or so.

Back
Top Bottom