full

Light Burn on the Cream & Cheese
_______________________________________________________________​

full

Top of the Candida

full

Cuttings

As you can see I didn't pay enough attention to the tent. The Cream and Cheese reached the light, and got burned for doing so. My turn to be used as a bad example.

Most of the cuttings have survived, and I'll up-pot later this week.

Hey Salt, nice light placement by the way, but do you have your cobs turned all the way up ??? If they are adjustable, which I am sure you have told me... I ask, because I am hovering 1 4 cob Timber Light over my bread and butter at like 35 to 40 % for now... Doesn't seem to be scorching yet, but I am get tip burns a little here and there... Green day...

I see, good to know as I am at about the same wattage I am pretty sure gonna test later... My cobs are 200 watt each so hoping only 40 % gonna work, though I am only at around 55000 Lux.. I intend to bump it up little by little as the stretching comes more to a halt.. Green day... and to all

My limits are set by the drivers, not the COBs themselves. The COBs can reach 135W each, or the eight can go to 1.08KW.

Hey Salt... Bummer about the lack of floral testicles. I've been applying the STS every day, once a day. Just one branch on a Super Skunk auto. I think there might be something developing, but not sure yet. Today was the 14th day of application. I am starting to see a few pistils on other branches, but nothing on the treated branch yet. I may have just made it sterile, versus pollen-producing.

Sorry about those singed leaves, but glad you caught it before too much damage was done.

Everything else looks great!

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Hey Salt... Bummer about the lack of floral testicles. I've been applying the STS every day, once a day. Just one branch on a Super Skunk auto. I think there might be something developing, but not sure yet. Today was the 14th day of application. I am starting to see a few pistils on other branches, but nothing on the treated branch yet. I may have just made it sterile, versus pollen-producing.

Sorry about those singed leaves, but glad you caught it before too much damage was done.

Everything else looks great!

Hope you are having a good weekend.

I asked Penny's advice due to my failure. Now we know one way not to do it, and another that works. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I asked Penny's advice due to my failure. Now we know one way not to do it, and another that works. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope mine will be in the "works" category. We shall see when I inspect them closer later this afternoon. Penny's advice is really helpful, as always.

Testing 1, 2, 3, Testing. Tap, Tap (Annoying Feedback Screech)... and

As can be seen in my last updates, some of my plants have outgrown my tents. I have to shorten them. I don't want to top them, so I've taken a page from supercropping. I've taken the plant I can most easily afford to lose, and tried a double 90° bend. I took the plant outside to work on it...

full

First Bend

full

Plant with One Branch Reduced in Height

full

Before (72 hrs Ago)

full

Second Bend on the Same Branch

full

Top View of Completed Height Reduction

full

and After (Now)

I rolled a pen up and down the area of the branch where I wanted the bend to soften it. I then bent it over carefully, and supported the branch with a tie. Turning the plant around I repeated the process at another location on that branch. I did the same for the remaining branches.

Now I wait to see if the plant recovers. I don't like to do this at all, let alone in flower, but I really can't think of another choice. I'll know by my next update if this works.

Hey Salt! I really love your DIY pots and drip system - it's very impressive.
Your plants are looking really healthy. You've got your work set out for ya with keeping those girls from shooting through the roof :goof:

7' Tent / DIY Eight COB (12/12 Light Cycle) Day 9 of Stretch & Cuttings

full

Left: Candida, Right: Cream & Cheese

full

Light Burn on the Cream & Cheese

full

Top of the Candida

full

Cuttings

As you can see I didn't pay enough attention to the tent. The Cream and Cheese reached the light, and got burned for doing so. My turn to be used as a bad example.

Most of the cuttings have survived, and I'll up-pot later this week.
:rofl::rofl: Shit happens brother...I'm sure I have enough mistakes to write a book full of "shit you shouldn't do" :rofl::rofl::snowboating:

F>M Branch Questions

I went to chop the STS treated branches today. I found this on the Candida...

full

Candida Pollen Sacks

I was expecting to get a branch that was solid male. As you can see these pollen sacks are nestled among the female flowers (lucky sods :cheesygrinsmiley:). My questions are:

Is this the normal result of a sex reversal, or was my original assumption that the branch should have had only male flowers correct?

Is the pollen produced by these sacks all female, or is it hermie?

Will you answer these questions @Pennywise? An comments you may have are more than welcome. This branch was treated twice per day with STS for three days prior to the flip, and twice seven days later.

Needless to say, the branch received a stay of execution.

Back
Top Bottom