Weedkeiser

High all. First post.

About 15 years ago me and my roommate tried to grow some Super Lemon Haze in our small apartment's sauna. I had a small veg CFL cabinet in my bedroom and the flowering was done in the sauna with a 400w HPS with no ventilation or carbon scrubber, just a table fan. We had two regular seeds and luckily one was a girl and another was a boy. Temps were 30-35c (86-95f) the whole time. Pot was way too small, the soil was shit and over fertilized, cat peed on the soil more than once. :passitleft:

So that grow went to shits in many more ways than just one. As a grande finale the end product got some mold in the glass jars while "curing".

So I forgot about growing for many many years. At times I planned it, bought some supplies for different little hydroponic setups, but always chickened out. I even bought and build a 1.5x3 315w CMH cabinet 5 years ago but never had the guts to fire it up until about 8 months ago, and boy, has it been a ride ever since. I just got so sick and tired to our shitty illegal cannabis market here that I had to do something. I was spending like 400€ monthly to most likely shitty weed. Once I started growing I noticed pretty quickly that the weed was growing at such a pace that I needed more room. So I bought a 3x3 tent, then not long after that, a 2x4 tent, then not so long after that, another two 4x4 tents in a different location.. So you can see where this is going. And I like it.

I feel like I've read every thread and every journal from all the weed forums there is to read, five times. From archives to ongoing writings. Scottyballs was my first inspiration. Ask Lucas thread from the archives a second major one. Hyena Merica's ventures from here were also very inspiring. gwheels' from another forum. There are alot. In the past 15 years I've created many accounts on different forums but I've never posted on any of them. Now I feel like I'm able to give a little something back and learn even more myself by discussing with you.

I will start a journal with pictures shortly. Right now I have a 1.5x3 with 315w CMH, 3x3 with 400w HPS, 2x4 with 2x315w CMH's, 4x4 with 2x400w HPS, and a 4x4 with 400w HPS + 315w CMH.

I dropped my first seeds about 8 months ago, and I've harvested well over 2 kilos by now. Picture about two weeks ago. We'll see where all this goes!

DSCF3884.JPG

Nice intro and welcome to 420mag forum... I'll save my comments for your journal when it is up and running...

Nice to meet ya and I look forward to seeing you do your things and putting your years of experience to work. :headbanger:

I think I want to move. I can't take this heat anymore..:thumb:'
It's been hot here too, +31 (88f) today.
Nice intro and welcome to 420mag forum... I'll save my comments for your journal when it is up and running...

Nice to meet ya and I look forward to seeing you do your things and putting your years of experience to work. :headbanger:
Looking forward to your comments. :Namaste:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SIHIKEISARI

It sounds like you of off to a good start.
Looking forward to your grow journal.

Here are some helpful links to help you navigate the forum,

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community forums! Our website is dedicated to spreading Cannabis and Hemp awareness throughout the world. We are a mature, friendly community that appreciates your participation. To get started, we encourage you to visit our Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine forum...
www.420magazine.com

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest and win free grow stuff form our sponsors.

420 Contests

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

I build my 2x3 cabinet about 5 years ago. It was inspired by Scottyballs and his Waterfarm adventures which I'm sure many of you have read as well. Bought all the stuff, 315w CMH, two Waterfarms, decent fan, Rhino filter, etc. and chickened out. The cabinet just stood there in my semi-warm storage for 4 years, totally ready to be used, not being used.

Prior to this my only growing experience was 15 years ago with my roommate in our apartments sauna. It didn't work out so well. Temps were 30-35c (86-95f) the whole time. Pot was way too small, the soil was shit and over fertilized, cat peed on the soil more than once.. No ventilation besides a table fan and no scrubber whatsoever.

:lot-o-toke:

For a while I was content with the weed I was getting from wherever. But about a year ago I found myself spending 400€ a month for weed that's most likely shitty. Money was also tight. So I dropped my first seeds at 11/2021. I had bought them 4 years prior and was unsure if they'd pop. They all did! They've been with my clothes in a wooden box in a closet that stays about 18c/65f all year round.

So now I had little seedlings of Critical from Royal Queen Seeds and Pineapple Express from Barney's Farm growing in Waterfarms. I planted the PE in hopes that it would be ready quickly (55-65 days from seed or something) but it ended up taking maybe more than 100 days, I'm not totally sure. Foxtailed at the end and never seemed to be ready, probably should have cut it down earlier. Made some mistakes but managed to get a very decent yield out of them both. Critical yielded 190g and Pineapple Express Auto +240g. The PE didn't get any training at all besides very gentle tucking of leaves and branches now and then. Critical however had to go through some serious defoliation because I had to slow it down and I wanted to try everything.
DSCF3125.JPG

Since they both were getting so big, and I also had planted another PE in a small soil pot, and one Auto Kush in DWC, I obviously needed more room for my activities. I had already taken over every corner and cabinet of our house that was available for seedlings and whatnot. Build 2 PC cases but they got too small in a week. So I ordered a 80x80cm (2.6x2.6) tent. 315w CMH, fan, filter, all the shenanigans.
DSCF3266.JPG

I started cloning and planting some new seeds, and pretty soon I had run out of space again. So I cleaned some more room for myself and took some measurements and ordered a 2x4 tent. With another fan and a couple of Waterfarms.

:volcano-smiley:
DSCF3385.JPG

Pretty soon I stumbled upon 4 old 400w HPS's for 60€. Had to do it man. Figured out another space which could hold two 4x4 short tents. The room was 173cm/68in tall with a portion a little under 68in so the another tent had to be a bit shorter. Only manufacturer making these is also the most expensive one. Bought them and 160mm(+6") 420/800 m3/h fan with matching carbon filter. The filter stands on the floor between the tents and has a T-piece on it and from there flexible ducting to both tents. I also bought another fan to exhaust the room's air to existing chimney. Works like a charm. No pictures just yet from this location, first crop is now about 2 weeks from harvest.

I guess my biggest advice in running tents in a room is to run their 12/12 in different times so you get more stable temps and humidity. My both spaces work like that and its the shit. I don't have to use any AC or dehumidifiers this way. Yes yes I live in Finland but we have +30c/86f here too now and I'm running everything.

My cabinet in the pictures has a fan pulling air outside through a carbon filter. The two tents are now connected to a single fan which pulls air from both of them to a carbon filter in the room (as opposed to the pictures where they both have their own carbon filters inside them, that just takes up space and wastes a filter). The 2x4 tent now has two 315w CMH's. Might as well light the 4x4's with them and I will, I just have been Iadding it up on the go.

I've bought everything myself with some savings and pay later -options, which I've already paid back.

At first the only nute I used was GHE Floranova. It worked very good on its own. Once I ran out I had some GHE Maxibloom powder around. Used that alone and it worked good too. They were both 5 years old. Now I've used their 3-part series, and I feel like I'm missing something. I'm having to add calmag and just seem to be having more issues. Just ordered a jug of Floranova (Terra Aquatica Novamax Bloom in Europe).

Waterfarm is a pretty good system on it's own. Small reservoir might be an issue. You have to water it once, maybe even twice a day at times. The dripring adds evaporation which cools the water a bit and adds oxygen.

A basic DWC system is also very efficient, if you can keep your temps down as I can in Finland in the winter especially. I've had small reservoirs, like 2-3 gallons, and filling them up like the waterfarms. Cold water daily basicly. You can do DWC without medium and suspend the plant from tent poles with yo-yo's, like below. Two on the left are Speedy Chile's from RQS on DWC. One in the right is Candida in soil/coco/perlite mix. They were in the 2x4 tent under 2x315w CMH's.
DSCF3859.JPG

Blue lenses work nice with HPS.

Back left: Chem Dawg CBD in small 10 litre DWC
Back right: Blue Dream Humboldt seeds, very blueberryish
Front left: Blueberry Seedsman
Front right: Green Crack Humboldt seeds
DSCF3824.JPG

Right now I'm thinking about ditching soil. I'll do it outdoors with auto's when possible. Never done it before but I'll try it next year. Indoors hydro might be my game. The water is so good in Finland. No need for ROs here usually. Just bought some enzymes to see if those help these warm temperatures. Coco/perlite might be an option too.

Soil / fresh herbs / some other plants from supermarket have brought pests into my garden. I have at least fungus gnats and maybe root aphids. There's some residue on the leaves and white moving small things on them. Yellow sticky traps catch a lot of them especially on hydroton. I've spotted some flying from DWC buckets when opening the lid.

In few months I'll be closing the room and tents in the pictures and move them to somewhere else. Put them on a pause or give to a friend for a while. The two 4x4's will be producing for me this whole time and I'm hoping to get these other tents or some other room set up asap.

I've harvested more than 2 kilos / 4.5 pounds by now running all this perpetually. Dry, trimmed, sellable. Started 8 months ago. The 4x4's will give their first harvest in maybe 2 weeks. Had some height issues there but not a disaster.

I don't have water or drainage in either of my locations, so I've been carrying water in 4-5 gallon jugs in and out this whole time. So, what I drain from my hydros, I'll usually dump in the soil/coco plants. Straight tap water next watering. Some kind of autowatering system is my short distance dream.

All in all I've spent maybe 4000-5000€ all together including the two 4x4's not in the pictures. I've got about 20k back so far. 100g/0.22 pounds goes for 1000-1100€ fast. And I'm not spending 400€ a month for shitty weed. I have cheapish electricity for a year at least (0.12c/kwh and 0.20c/kwh at different locations includind everything) but it's about to get way more expensive.Me and my friends get very good weed with very decent prices and all the cookies and shit we can eat. I've been experimenting with tinctures, oils, and everything you can do with cannabis. Lot's and lot's to try still. Why didn't I start this 4 years ago when I had everything ready?

Phew, rant over. Had to get everything said.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SIHIKEISARI

It sounds like you of off to a good start.
Looking forward to your grow journal.

Here are some helpful links to help you navigate the forum,

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community forums! Our website is dedicated to spreading Cannabis and Hemp awareness throughout the world. We are a mature, friendly community that appreciates your participation. To get started, we encourage you to visit our Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine forum...
www.420magazine.com

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest and win free grow stuff form our sponsors.

420 Contests

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Thanks.

Just started my journal: Multiple Strains In DWC

Awesome start to the journal and one hell of an intro lol.

Glad ya got everything up and running looks like one hell of a space....tons of room :headbanger:

Count me in to watch and learn.

Yes, weed is 20€/g when buying small quantities from people you don't know. Without knowing people who smoke getting it is difficult. In big cities you could maybe score some from foreign looking dudes in the train station. For a couple of years I used Tor-network, where we had a few 4chan like places where you could try to setup a f2f-meeting with someone to buy weed or whatever you're after. I think they're closed though for now, haven't looked since I started growing.
:bongrip:

Couple of pics from my other location. Two 4x4 tents. 2 x 400w HPS in another and 315w CMH + 400w HPS in another. Goal here was to get it setup quickly and being able to let them be by themselves for 4-5 days.

Worked out ok. I scorched one Candy Cream pretty badly in HPS bulb. Cut it 2 weeks early just a few days ago. The Blue Dream's, especially the other, stretched like crazy. I vegged them all too long and didn't have the time to scrog them properly.

I've grown 3 Blue Dream seeds from Humboldt. All have been very different. One was like Blueberry, one is like some jungle sativa and the third one a mix of the other two.

2 x Candy Cream and 2 x Blue Dream (Humboldt Seeds). 25 litre (5gal) fabric pots with soil/perlite/coco.
DSCF3938.JPG

The other tent has 2 x White Widow and 2 x Early Skunk. 7gal pots on the two on the right side, smaller plastic ones to the ones on the left.
DSCF3941.JPG

The setup. I'm sucking from both tents with a 160mm (6") 420/800 m3/h fan. A 125mm (5") fan is exhausting the rooms air to a chimney.
DSCF3942.JPG

love my sauna.

Looking forward to your journal.
If you need anything I'm always around hit me up. @Bill284 .
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Oh one more thing do you have a smoke detector and fire extinguisher in there?

I had a Fiskars fillet knife best fillet knife I ever owned. Sharp as a razor and kept it’s edge. Some lowlife piece of @&”$ needed it more than me along with about a thousand dollars worth of tackle and box. But what really got my attention is when you said you grew with hps or mh. I know the way they used to catch people here before it was legalized is their electric bill. Just a heads up on being safe. And welcome to the @420 Magazine grower’s family.

It's an electric heater covered in stones with a tap for steam, typical I figure.
All cedar.
Glad you have your own places, don't need smell complaints.
Prices are going crazy for everything here as well.
Wages aren't keeping up, not even close to inflation.
Your autos turned out really good. :welldone:
Do you have the full line of flora nova?
Are you planning on Autos going forward or photos?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom